/spg/ - Smartphone General

OnePlus 6T Thunder Purple Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: bgr-oneplus-6t-purple-1.jpg (1200x800, 539K)

Other urls found in this thread:

samsung.com/latin_en/mobile-accessories/wireless-charger-pad-pg920-galaxy-s6/
forums.oneplus.com/threads/lets-talk-about-oxygenos-analytics.654820/
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5-global-64gb
amazon.de/dp/B07CZS8W5Y
amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JFFJDL3/
en.miui.com/thread-4544956-1-1.html
mi-globe.com/miui-notification-icons-for-notch-phones/
youtu.be/QfsqMnaIhgA
rozetked.me/articles/3751-eksklyuziv-pixel-3-lite-sargo-v-nashih-rukah-s-jack-3-5-i-snapdragon-670
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-a2-lite-4gb-64gb
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is wireless charging worse for battery life than regular charging? so far I have only used a regular charger
I'm thinking of getting this for my S8 because it's on sale right now
>samsung.com/latin_en/mobile-accessories/wireless-charger-pad-pg920-galaxy-s6/

Is the 6T worth the extra money over a 6? The speaker moving to the top of the phone has really put me off as i hold the phone sideways for games and my finger is always over the speaker

I use a wireless charger overnight and a wired fast charger while I'm out and about. My logic is slow charging is less stressful on a battery, don't know how accurate this is though.

>The speaker moving to the top of the phone has really put me off
The loudspeaker is in the same position for both the OP6 and 6T, on the bottom.

My bad, I've been looking at so many reviews I was probably thinking of another phone. Is there any reason I should spend an extra £100 on a 6T? I'm replacing my S8 after it burned a hole in my carpet and Samsung refused to repair it

fuck off with this retarded question. You know the differences between 6 and 6T. You know what you will use phone for. You know what features you prefer. You know how valuable(or not) the extra $100 is to you
What the fuck are you asking us for?
it's like asking "should I get a burger or cheesburger for 20cents more". We don't know what you like, only you do you fuck!

Upgraded from the Nexus 5x to a Pocophone F1 couple weeks back, hot damn does this thing feel so god damn good.

You need to chill

The under screen fingerprint scanner on the 6T is kind of a gimmick, since it's slower than a regular FP scanner in the back. The notch is smaller, and the bigger battery capacity gives a nice boost in battery life, but I wouldn't say any of those features warrant paying £100 more, especially since the headphone jack is gone now.

Where are you getting the £100 price difference figure from though? Official retail pricing is £469 for the base model (6GB/64GB) OnePlus 6, and £499 for base model 6T (with double the storage, 6GB/128GB).

Does OnePlus still spy on it's users as they did in 2017?

They never did
forums.oneplus.com/threads/lets-talk-about-oxygenos-analytics.654820/

I'm sorry

gay

Amazon has a black Friday deal on the Oneplus 6 8GB/128GB for £450 so I suppose the difference is £80 for comparable models. I also heard that about the fingerprint scanner

I'm not gay

Finally getting an XZ1c lads. For any Brit/Éire anons, it's down from £300 to £200 on Amazon.co.uk, same with the regular XZ1. It's a fucking steal for the specs. Also it just got a Pie update a few days ago so they haven't abandoned it yet.

In that case the OP6 is the better deal I'd say. If you have (or know someone who has) a student email, you can get a 5% off on Oneplus's own site, bringing the 6T down to £475 (£502 for the 8/128 model).

So /spg/, what is to be expected from the upcoming Xiaomi event in New York on 12/8? Are they finally announcing their entry into the NA market? will we finally be able to get Redmeme Note 5s that support our carrier's LTE bands? Or are they just going to announce the Mi Mix 3 release??

Thinking of upgrading/replacing my LG V20. I still want a removable battery, headphone jack, and SD card slot. Anyone have any recommendations?

there are no phones newer than the V20 that have removeable batteries, sorry

If you're not completely retarded and get a phone that doesn't have a waterproof seal then removing a "non removable battery" is actually fucking easy

he means swappable batteries dipshit, not batteries where you have to remove a cable connector
he wants the batteries to have pins that connect to pins in the battery tray on the phone and are swappable

For me is the LG V30

Attached: b222.jpg (800x800, 67K)

>no notch
pass

Why? It takes a whole 2 fucking minutes to swap out my "non removable battery" and that includes unscrewing 8 screws. Stop being a fucking brainlet who limits their phone choice dramatically because h can't be bothered unscrewing a few screws

That's a Mi A2 though

Also stop leaving bluetooth, NFC and all that other shit on constantly with 100% brightness if you're having battery issues.

is this suppose to be a funny troll to you?

why? I dunno why, you've been replying to me and i aint the user who asked in the first place
I imagine its because it's easier than taking the fucking phone apart and convenient when you have backup batteries

You can have backup "non removable" batteries, they're the same fucking thing as removable batteries just with a different connector. How often are you swapping out your batteries that 2-3 minutes is considered a ridiculous amount of time? If you're swapping the battery more than once a day then either your batteries are fucked, your phone is fucked or your usage levels are fucked. Why are you even on Jow Forums if the mere thought of taking some screws out fills you with dread?

again, not the user who originally posed the question
I'm just posting hypothetical, why are you sperging out so fucking hard? also, who the fuck just takes a hobby screwdriver set and pry kit around with them in the case they need to swap the battery? this is extremely autistic my friend

>hobby screwdriver set
Why would you take a screwdriver set? Generally to access the battery you only need to take out one size of screw, and said screw is usually very small i.e. the screwdriver is small too. If you have room for a screwdriver half the size of a bic pen and a guitar pick then you have all the tools you need. No need to limit yourself to such a small range of phones because you have some irrational fear of taking the back cover off of a phone.

it is still way more effort to do that than to simply remove a back without a pick and swap contact batteries than a battery with a cable connection with adhesive on it, I don't know why you're autistically arguing this point, but I'm done playing this game
Good day to you sir

>way more effort
3 minutes of effort once a day is worth it for the much greater range of phones it opens up to you. I don't know why you're on Jow Forums if you can't understand this. Perhaps r/technology would be more suited to your consumerist needs?

I SAID GOOD DAY

Not an argument, brainlet. Thanks for admitting you got BTFO though.

i bet you like the dongle too

Everything is spying on everyone on a scale you can't imagine.

Not really no. I don't see how the complete removal of the audio jack equates to having to spend 3 extra minutes a day to boost the battery life of your phone?

Okay Jow Forums

Xiaomi Mi A1 or Nokia 6.1

Which should I choose, same price for both, both are new phones.

Should add that Nokia 6.1 is 3gb/32gb model

Mi A1
>notification LED
>Better battery life
>IR blaster
Nokia 6.1
>NFC
>Fast charging

Thanks user.

I never ever used NFC so I don't care about it at all.

So I'm leaning towards Mi A1.

The thing that is important for me is fast updates though. Nokia 6.1 is already on Android 9. Xiaomi isn't known for quick updates.

On the other hand it's really easy to get custom rom on Xiaomi but you lose your warranty. On the other hand I had 3 smartphones over the last 7-8 years and never had to use warranty for any of them...

Risk it and flash the rom or just wait for android 9 for Mi A1 ? Will it ever come ?

looking for a phone for less than £200, good audio and battery - something not shit ty lads xox

Nokia of course. Why would you consider a Xiaopingmeme?

Is samsung S8 a good phone? Everything looks good but the battery seems low.

Nokia 6.1 is a year newer so it'll get updates from the manufacturer for longer, the processor is faster (SD630 vs SD625), the camera is likely to be better with GCam.

May I ask why you aren't considering Mi A2 / A2 Lite or Redmi Note 5? They're in a similar price range and are what I'd be choosing from.

What kind of a reasoning is that?
Nokias also have locked bootloaders and when they reach the end of the 2 Android version update cycle, there's nothing you can do. Also, the device you're referring to is globally called Redmi 5 Plus.

Mi A2 Lite

No, I'm talking about Redmi Note 5:
mi.com/en/redmi-note-5/specs/

except the RN5 has developer support and will be kept updated longer due to that
you have to pray that Nokia decides to unlock the bootloader on the 6.1 but by that time it'll be too late because there won't be much interest in the device

Redmi Note 5 is a consideration but from what I saw it's worse than Mi A1

At least the 3gb/32gb version. And 4gb/64gb version is about 50-60e more expensive than Mi A1

Mi A2 Lite is only 10e cheaper than what I can get for A1 but it's worse than it is so... no point

A2 is a possible player but again 50-60e more expensive

(yes prices are really fucked up where I live)

Mi A1 is 220e and so is Nokia 6.1 . Mi A2 lite is 210e (10e is basically irrelevant for me) but Mi A2 and Redmi Note 5 (the 4gb version one) are 290e which is a significant increase.

Therefore Mi A1 and Nokia 6.1 are the reasonable choices.

>Nokias also have locked bootloaders and when they reach the end of the 2 Android version update cycle, there's nothing you can do.

And yes that is an issue too, but they're really fast with updates and honestly in 2 years I'll get a new phone anyway.

Where are you getting these prices? Those are at least 20% higher than they should be at this point.

>Redmi Note 5 is a consideration but from what I saw it's worse than Mi A1
What? It's a significant upgrade over the A1. Much faster processor, better cameras, bigger battery.

>Mi A2 Lite is only 10e cheaper than what I can get for A1 but it's worse
How is it worse? It has basically the same specs but is one year newer so manufacturer support will be longer and the battery is significantly bigger (4000mah vs. 3000mah)

Well I told you prices are fucked here, there are no cheaper phones

As i said the note 5 version is with 3gbs of ram but 4gbs version is 290e

I'd suggest you wait, because for that kind of money (290 for the Redmi Note 5 4/64) you could get the Poco F1.

What country is this? Why not import it from elsewhere?
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-note-5-global-64gb
amazon.de/dp/B07CZS8W5Y

>Redmi Note 5 is a consideration but from what I saw it's worse than Mi A1
The Pro version is on par and costs the same
>A2 is a possible player but again 50-60e more expensive
literally costs like 179e here
>Mi A1 is 220e and so is Nokia 6.1 . Mi A2 lite is 210e (10e is basically irrelevant for me) but Mi A2 and Redmi Note 5 (the 4gb version one) are 290e which is a significant increase.
Jesus. My condolences
>Nokias also have locked bootloaders and when they reach the end of the 2 Android version update cycle, there's nothing you can do.
They won't magically stop working either
>And yes that is an issue too, but they're really fast with updates and honestly in 2 years I'll get a new phone anyway
Yeah, that's the purpose of a budget phone anyway

any way i can turn off navbar diming in 8.1?

How much faster is a Snapdragon 845 compared to an iPhone 6S? Because I still find the 6S ridiculous fast.

I've got a bit money from relatives and thought about buying a Mi 8 but I would feel guilty doing so since my contract is still running till mid 2019.

Any big phone breakthroughs we expect from Xiaomi in the next 6-7 months?

Just stick to the iPhone 6S and wait for the 2019 flagships coming with Qualcomm's next generation Snapdragon 8150 SoC.

My note 9 fell off my bed (onto carpet) but bonked the bedframe
Am I the only retard around these parts

Attached: 556769c36dd64588903507dbd2bbf2e8.jpg (540x605, 46K)

That's what my brain tells me too but that tech-itch gets me.

Can I expect anything new like the Mi 8 with an OLED around 400-450 bucks?

Mi8 launched in early 2018 at ~$420, I wouldn't expect the Mi9 to cost much more than that.

Hello Jow Forums, you bunch of autistic people.
My iphone 4s is dying and I need a new, WAY more powerful phone for: playing games, watching videos on Youtube while sitting in toilet and listening music.
I am 26 years old NEET from Russia, which almost forgot how to go outside of his flat.
So I can't decide: Xiaomi Black Shark 2 or Nubia Red Magic Mars?
And no, I do not want to buy Shittendo Basedboyshit - because it's the worst shit I ever see in my entire life.
And every imbecile, which calls me a kid - will be punched right into his stupid face with my giant combat boot 16 size(picrelated).

Attached: IMG_0051.jpg (3264x2448, 1.28M)

Attention UK Pocobros, Pocophone is on sale for £279.99 on Amazon UK (-£50 off):
amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JFFJDL3/

Why does your timestamp say "sup /b/"?

Good point, I guess I'll wait then. I could buy Pokemon Let's Go and BFV with the money I guess lol.

Or you could save it and put it towards whatever phone you decide to buy next year.

Both of them are pretty much identical, except Xiaomi Black Shark one generation newer CPU/GPU. It's a no brainer

Because I made this timestamp for /b/.
Logic, use this thing sometimes.

Both of this phones have SnapDragon 845 processor, but Nubia is slightly more powerful and have additional buttons.

Sure but even with the games I would have a large amount of the money left.

Attached: Screenshot_206.jpg (1069x1258, 410K)

Carry on then

you sound kind of retarded. which is probably why you want a meme gaming phone

I just bought the pocophone. Need some help with the themes and the notch notifications.
1. How to I use a dark theme? I can't find the themes app anywhere
2. Is there a fix to notification icons not showing on the notch until you open the notification bar?

Я вeдь тeбe yжe гoвopил - cъeби c Jow Forums и пиздyй oбpaтнo нa хapкaч.

buy the blackshark. has the overall better specs for a bit more than the nubia and releases earlier

Is there any real reason for me not to buy the Nokia 7 Plus? Android one, reasonable performance, no notch and all the important ports are present, reasonably good cameras easily improvable with gcam, has a nice tactile feel (just went to a brick and mortar store to actually feel it in my hands) and NFC.

lmao that brotherly russian love to a stranger

>1. How to I use a dark theme? I can't find the themes app anywhere
Themes app is hidden in EU countries because it doesn't comply with GDPR, change your region to a non-EU country to get it back.

>2. Is there a fix to notification icons not showing on the notch until you open the notification bar?
Fixed in MIUI 10 Beta, not sure if it is in the stable MIUI 10 yet:
en.miui.com/thread-4544956-1-1.html
>3. Status bar - no notifications app icons display
>Finished. Please try on the beta version (MIUI 10 Global 8.10.17). You can turn on this feature like 'Settings-Notifications & Status bar-Show Icons for incoming notifications

An alternative solution is pic related mod, but you need the bootloader unlocked and TWRP installed.
mi-globe.com/miui-notification-icons-for-notch-phones/

Attached: https_%2F%2F2.pik.vn%2F2018594ed696-c983-4427-af33-780c53c1e384.png (768x287, 92K)

1. Changed my region to HK, India, etc, still can't find the app
Now, I managed to get into the Mi forums app and apply dark themes. However, the themes didn't make everything black despite all of them showed that in the pics. see pic related, the white background was supposed to be black
2. Yeah, I'm using MIUI 10 stable 10.0.4
3. I don't know if I should unlock the bootloader since I use my bank app too

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-16-19-35-03-210_com.mi.android.globallauncher.png (1080x2246, 282K)

Welp you can enabled 4k video recording on both redmeme note4 5 with open camera app....

A ктo ты тaкoй чтoбы мнe yкaзывaть, хyecocинa?

Have to pay import tax and we're back to square one.

But yeah I'd love that one for 140e.

and thanks for the help people, I found Mi a2 lite 4gb/64gb for 230e , will probably get that

There's no import taxes when shipping between EU countries, and many of the Chinese online stores offer tax free shipping to Europe.

Try switching to Switzerland (if you switch to India you get bloatware installed), the themes app should appear after a while:

youtu.be/QfsqMnaIhgA

Not a part of the EU.

>and many of the Chinese online stores offer tax free shipping to Europe.

maybe they do but customs here check the packages and tax it properly, it doesn't really matter what chinese write on them.

>SD 845
>4GB RAM
>headphone jack
>waterproofing
>5'2", compact as fuck

THE CHOSEN ON-

>2 fucking notches
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: sharp-aquos-r2-compact-1.jpg (592x548, 38K)

Are you part of the customs union/EEA? If you ordered from say Germany would that be taxed?

>maybe they do but customs here check the packages and tax it properly, it doesn't really matter what chinese write on them.
It's more sophisticated than writing a low value on the package, they ship it to another European country and repackage, to your customs the package will appear as if it's coming from Europe.

Attached: 1539470634768.gif (960x240, 312K)

Would you rather have a phone with big bezels, or one with small bezels but two notches? I know "neither" would be the best option, but out of the options that do exists, which is better?

Attached: sketch-1542394472237.png (773x720, 363K)

They should have just put the fingerprint reader on the side or back

More screen is better. Yea two notches is kinda ugly, but you know what's uglier? Massive chin and forehead

Neither. I would prefer just an Essential style notch, actually looks great. If that bottom notch is just for a fingerprint scanner, there was seriously no fucking point.

Big bezels. Notches are fucking retarded and anyone who thinks bezels are legitimately an issue for something you operate by holding with your hand is equally retarded

rozetked.me/articles/3751-eksklyuziv-pixel-3-lite-sargo-v-nashih-rukah-s-jack-3-5-i-snapdragon-670

codename - Sargo
5.56 IPS FHD display (2220×1080)
SD 670 processor
Adreno 615 GPU
32GB UFS 2.1 storage
4GB RAM
2915mAh battery
12MP rear camera
8MP front camera
rear fingerprint reader
headphone jack
plastic build
no stereo speakers
no microsd
usb type c
support for quick charge 4.0
$400-500
Q1 2019

Attached: 5ogWRa6D4hks.jpg (1500x1125, 244K)

>customs union/EEA?
Nope and nope.

> If you ordered from say Germany would that be taxed?
Absolutely. If it's above 50e you pay import tax + normal tax, if it's below 50e you only pay normal tax (20%)

>It's more sophisticated than writing a low value on the package, they ship it to another European country and repackage, to your customs the package will appear as if it's coming from Europe.
It wouldn't matter since they still tax packages from Europe.

Let me point an example

you order a mobile phone , 100e. if they offer free shipping you pay customs for it 10%. if it's not free shipping you pay 100e + whatever shipping is (say 20e) and 10% on that

And then on that amount ( 110 or 132e) you need to pay the normal tax of 20%. So you end up paying 138e or 158e in total (depending on shipping)

So say I order from

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-a2-lite-4gb-64gb

this phone

144e. With customs it would be 160e with 20% tax it would be 195e .

In local shop it's 220e. So in best possible case I'd save 25e in case of free shipping, but that is unlikely. And saving 10-15 euro or less and having to wait a month isn't worth it

Not to mention that customs likes to set random prices to products so even though I order it for say 146e, they might go on another site and see it costs 190e and apply the customs + tax to that price.

I like bezels.

both are awful, but i'd still rather take the big bezels