Is OpenBSD a meme?

If it's so secure, how come we don't see all the banks using it to protect their money? On the other hand, don't most proprietary router/firewall operating systems just build off the OpenBSD kernel? Why do so many companies use RHEL and CentOS? Are those more secure?

Attached: 1538947395548.gif (900x563, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dataswamp.org/~solene/2016-09-28-22.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because openbsd is shit, why build off of shitty software when you can just do things right and go with the linux. Even freebsd is a better alternative.

>reebsd
OpenBSD does not have LGBTSJW infestation problem. Your router is running OpenBSD and you do not even know it. That is how good OpenBSD is.

How is it shit? Isn't it supposedly the most secure operating system in the world with an emphasis on code correctness?

>Your router is running OpenBSD and you do not even know it. That is how good OpenBSD is.
This is why I'm inclined to believe that OpenBSD is the best OS.

i would imagine the reasons to be lack of corporate funding and "linux was there first"

Because popularity and quality are unrelated.

How do I change the window manager when already using a DE?

I have no idea. I just started using OpenBSD.

Attached: 15257345736865.gif (290x360, 3.54M)

Don't DEs come with their own WM? In any case, you can change that stuff from your .xinitrc file.

dataswamp.org/~solene/2016-09-28-22.html
might be worth checking out

It doesn't have a commie license

>.xinitrc
mine reads "exec ck-launch-session mate-session"
yes, but marco from mate makes chromium laggy for some reason, it's not an unknown error tho. removing the marco-package didn't work as it breaks other dependencies. want to use openbox or something else instead.

what is your point?

OpenBSD is a meme
>Filesystem
default FS doesn't even support SSD TRIM, and I don't think OpenBSD supports anything modern like ZFS or BTRFS.
>Security
"Only two remote holes in the default install!!!!!!!"
Yay!
I hope you realize that this literally only applies to a base system install with absolutely no packages added. In other words, not exactly representative or meaningful towards... anything really
>Sustainability
A few years ago, OpenBSD was actually in danger of shutting down because they couldn't keep the fucking lights on. How could anyone see this as a system they could rely on, when it could be in danger of ending at any time?
>Standards-compliance
"B-But OpenBSD is written in strictly standards-compliant C! Clearly that's better than muh GNU virus!"
So you're not allowed to create extensions to the standard? You should only implement the standard and nothing more? Keep in mind that this is nothing like EEE, as the GNU extensions are Free Software, with freely available source code, as opposed to proprietary shite. People should be allowed to innovate and improve things.
If you're gonna be anal about standards-compliance, then why let people make their own implementations anyway? Why not have the standards organizations make one C implementation and force everyone to use it?

Attached: thicc.jpg (442x293, 28K)

>companies use RHEL
Because they can spend money on support. BSD isn't backed by a company.

>cuckBSD user

Thanks!

does anyone know how to fix it?

Here's the thing user its only a commie license in your eyes.

What is the one OSto rule them all?