Has a new challenger appeared?

the RX 590 has much better benchmarks than the 1060 and at a near identical (new egg) pricepoint.

i can't decide which one to get for my wife's son, thanks to all the AMD hate. let's be reasonable here Jow Forumsents.

Attached: reeeeeeeeeee.jpg (640x525, 61K)

At this point it just boils down to whether you want CUDA or opencl acceleration.

Do you pay for your own electricity? Go 1060

The choice is obvious

Attached: creative_voodoo2_12mb_03.jpg (1024x680, 369K)

i don't have an electric bill
t. militaryfag

Oh look, it's a mathlet
>I'll use the inferior product to save less that $1 a week on electricity!

another consideration is the 590 includes download codes for three AAA gaming titles, and the 1060 just one. I could just sell those and potentially end up only paying $200~.

>8GB for a GPU that would burn itself if you opened a game in 4k
Why

Recently sold my 970 for $160 and bought a 1060 6gb for $200.
Did I do good or I could've made a better deal?

Attached: MVIMG_20180914_214053.jpg (1600x1200, 271K)

The problem is undervolting, but since we have no comparisons for that, who knows.
DMC5 is one of those games too, so it's a pretty good bundle right there.

That's a square deal tbhfam, and I day this as someone who hates nvidia

>my wife's son

I'd rather Vega 56 for tree fiddy.

I remember years and years ago that the drivers for the radeon cards were just complete horror. BSOD's occasionally no matter what you did and it would happen at random while gaming. That convinced me to never buy their cards again. Do what you like and I don't know if these issues ever got resolved but I am never going back to amd gpu's.

because math is too hard for indian nvidia shills

Attached: formathlets.jpg (1200x1600, 140K)

590 if want less hassle on linux.
Also nvidia does in fact throttle older GPUs.
So i would get the 590.

Have to add in irrelevant monitor costs to damage control for amd.

>my wife's son
you seem like the kind of buy that'd buy nvidia
but
the rx 590 is definitely a better buy than a 1060 6gb

personally i'd buy neither
used v56 that isnt fucked from mining but still cheap and undervolt/overclock it
or a used 980ti if you can find one for like $150
but honestly
i'm still using an r9 290 and see no reason to upgrade

I swapped my 580 8GB for a 1060 6GB just because AMD's OGL on Windows is garbage, especially for muh emulators.
Fine Wine would win later on with Vulkan support, but that's not for me.

I dont get why you wouldnt just buy a 580 instead.

Not really.
Thanks to the brand and collector's value, those are overpriced as fuck nowadays.
You're better off with a PowerVR PCX2, as the "fine wine" made em quite good, at a point you can even use Glide emulators and such.

Is there any need to upgrade graphics cards anymore? Aren't stuff that need them like games stalling out because of the console cap?

Dual 1080 Ti is the bare minimum, even for a child

Attached: 1486300190816_____.jpg (900x1200, 158K)

>hand write out useless pos
>spend all day lurking Jow Forums and reposting it in every single fucking 590 thread

Please.

Attached: 1541503111020.gif (320x218, 1.55M)

>muh emulators.
what emulators do you need OGL for at all? cemu? RPCSX3? i have a 580 and play everything up through lolphin (Wii/GC) in 1080p/60 and have no problems.
I don't emulate the ps3 and wiiu cuz my gf has them and we already homebrewed them and stuff.

The point, you absolute brainlet, is that the electricity costs are a meme and irrelevant

mirin that handwriting bro

Attached: 1484737775350.jpg (500x356, 38K)

>i can't decide which one to get
RX 590 comes with free DMC 5, B2R, and Division 2.

I'm the guy who wrote it yesterday and at least one user is reposting it for me. Warms my heart desu

>(((nvidia)))

case closed, thank you user

>browse the sites where there's used GPUs
>plenty of RX480 and 580 cards at $140
>also 1070s around $220
>considering what new card to buy
you're doing it wrong, seriously. cryptobubble has burst and there's plenty of bankrupt miners desperate to sell their cards. and many of them are fine, look for descriptions like "bought 5 of these and tried to mine for 3 months but it wasn't profitable". your luck will obviously vary.. but if you see someone local with a description like this and you can go look at the cards and they look brand new.. go for it.

>Have to add in irrelevant monitor costs to damage control for amd.
it doesn't matter all that much but the xbox and praystation having freesync means that a whole lot of TVs as well as monitors just have freesync built-in these days so it is a nice bonus. put slightly differently, I have a freesync monitor not because I went looking for one; it just happened to have that feature.

At 1080p 60hz you don't need the top of the line cards, sure, but the memes nowadays are 120hz+ monitors, 4k monitors, and VR, all of which need pretty beefy cards to handle the newer games at high/ultra settings.

Also, 4c/4t CPUs are finally becoming obsolete on newer games as they take better advantage of multithreading and can fully utilize 8+ threads. My i5-4690k, even overclocked to 4.4Ghz, has a hard time with a lot of games nowadays.

Seething nvidiots defending their faggy cult once again

I bet you have an iPhone you bugman soiboi

holy fuck GPUs have gotten overpriced.

>overpriced
No such thing in a free market.

Good to hear, thanks for the reply.

>parents buy everything
Future self made millionaire

>what is cost of production

Lad, you do realize that Nvidia currently sells a product that costs upwards of $1200 US burger tokens?

You just need to work harder you lazy fuck

>thinks gpus are overpriced now

Oh sweet child, you should've seen the prices they were at before the crypto-bubble popped when Bitcoin went from $1k to over $20k in 1 year's time....

I bought my 1060 for 225$

that's the 3GB you retard.

>what is high demand

yes there is. the term "overpriced" is often used comparatively and according to current market trends
it can also be used in the sense that it costs too much for the individual to consider investing in as it either lacks functionality they would deem valuable, or they otherwise have cheaper or readily available means of achieving the same end goal

So, high resolutions, but still the same amount of low polygons and areas and low game content as always. That's a bit like 8k Minecraft in my mind. lol

Glad I don't play games anymore.

Just buy a used 1060 they're like 200 or less now

I can see this making a lot of gamers cringey. Playing minecraft on a fucking 1080ti.

>RX 570~590 come bundled with free DMC 5, B2R, and Division 2
>RX 580 performs better than GTX 1060
>RX 590 performs better than RX 580

The price is exactly right as long as enough people pay for it.
If you can either sell 500000 GPUs for $200 or 300000 GPUs for $500,
$500 is the right price.
If you could instead sell just 1 GPU for $200000000, that would be the right price.

Chillingly based.

They were actually 1080s and someone shopped the Ti on there when those models came out. Still overkill for that little shit though lmao.

Could be the 6 GB purchased in like July or August 2016 before prices went fucking insane. RX 580s launched at $229 so that would make sense. The 1060 6 GB is not a $300 card lmao.

overpriced. what's confusing you?

haha you suckers i have a 1050. cost me merely 110 euros and it runs most games at 200-400 fps. only the new AAA bullshit games run at lower fps, but i dont give a shit, because i dont fall for those shit ass 70 euro games that get boring when you didnt even make it out of the menu yet

i was also comparing my 1050 to a 1080 ti on my older games, and guess what, the 1080 ti was only like 5% faster, while costing 10 times as much as my gpu lmao.

you really have to ask yourself: do you really wanna play these new shitty 2019 games that are shittily coded and to 50% only consist of cutscenes?

If they sell, they're not overpriced, idiot.

>used
Never mined with it I promise

also part 2: my 1050 also has HEVC hardware encoding AND i can use for neural networking just fine. just in case someone wonders.

another fun fact about that card is that you dont need to plug in any cables for it to run. you literally just plug it in the fucking pci slot and thats it. so the cable management is much easier. also its smaller than those expensive graphics cards, which can be a problem too

Poorfag Cope.

The mental gymnastics of this pede

apple hardware is also selling. does that mean apple hardware isnt overpriced?

im not poor because i saved my money and therefore have money, therefore i am not poor. youre poor because you wasted your money on useless shit

>healthcare prices are fine because people are paying
>realestate and rental prices are fine because people are paying

Bootlicker detected

>muh right and wrong
it's not an issue of morality you idiot. reread his post then go read some consequentialism.

>shopped
Please avoid using the term “photoshop” as a verb, meaning any kind of photo manipulation or image editing in general. Photoshop is just the name of one particular image editing program, which should be avoided since it is proprietary. There are plenty of free programs for editing images, such as the GIMP.

Attached: green is my pepper.png (1513x967, 730K)

Poorfag cope.
Poorfag cope.
Poorfag cope.

too bad hevc fucking sucks

Europoor and dont care about adaptive sync here. The choice is obvious.

Fuck off, Richard.

try counter arguing for once

hevc sucks? hardware hevc does kinda suck, but its speed for quality. but in general, hevc is fucking great. or whats the problem you have?

Free sync vs Gsync. Free sync monitors are $200 cheaper.

>RX 580 performs better than GTX 1060

Let me guess on cherry picked benchmark from AMD Unboxed where Steve slaps a waterblock and OC the AMD cards to the max?

Attached: 1539714671002.jpg (2620x3416, 1.74M)

Imagine being this much of a shill. 480 was comparable to 1060, since then nvidia has been a meme in the budget-chad range of cards
>3gb/6gb is okay

Yeah the 480 is comparable to the cheaper 3GB version.
>It's not ok to sell slightly worse card much cheaper

Is it obvious? Are you not willing to pay 2 extra yuro quarters per week for superior performance?

>gaymes
go fuck yourself retard

>my wife's son
He is halfbreed, isn't he?

why is the 1060 $270? I got mines for $130 used

Nice bait.

It's like.. $1 a month difference assuming you game 5 hours a day. Much much less than $1 a week.
You'll never undervolt a 590 to the same performance and power consumption than a 1060.
You can get it pretty close to where it'll make almost no difference in general usage (as in, not synthetic burn tests), but still not the same.

This is the main reason to get the 590. Otherwise the price is ridiculous. The price is even more ridiculous for the 1060, but the RX580 is the other alternative.
The 1060 comes with a $40 game. The 590 comes with 3x $60 preorders. Huge difference.

This, too. Though you'd want to replace that blower cooler which is another $40-$80.

Funny. Nvidia is the one with all the corruption, black screen, and BSOD errors now while AMD has no issue at all like that with current drivers.

I got my 70% more powerful Vega56 for

if people bitch about the price that's the sweet spot. higher and people silently won't buy. lower and people will buy and shut up about the great deal. price it right and people bitch about the price because they know they will buy at the price but would prefer to pay less

>used
got a 980ti for 160 used

RX 590

those 2 extra GB of RAM will matter in the long run. when 6 GB of RAM eventually don't suffice any more the 1060 will hit a wall, while the 590 keeps on chugging.

I'm an Nvidia fanboy, but its hard to deny that AMD is measurably cheaper and has really built a presence in the market over the past few years.

If I regret one thing about ever getting a 1080, it's that G-Sync monitors are seriously fucking overpriced because of proprietary hardware.

I'd spend less for a 1070ti or vega56. Pretty stupid to pay full price for tech with performance comparable to is 2 years old counterpart.

>why is the 1060 $270? I got mines for $130 used
wow user lol you got ripped off
my boyfriend gave me a 1060 for FREE :)

>buying an AMD product, ever

that handwriting tells me you are quite cute ;)

Do you use any software thar requires cuda cores? No? Get amd.

The absolute state of these dollar signs.

Use Latex next time, boomer.

>2 GB of additional memory for $10
>has to ask. . .

>Buy gaming GPU for kid
>Sell included AAA for small bucks

don't be cheap…

>i can't decide which one to get for my wife's son
based

>whether you want CUDA or opencl acceleration

Who the fuck would ever want opencl? Literally everything worthwhile either overwhelmingly uses exclusively CUDA or has shit opencl performance at best.

this. opencl doesn't even have complex variables. complete garbage compared to cuda.

Big fucking surprise the one that costs more performs better. Fucking amdrones

You retarded nigger. The 580 is as good as the 1060, which means the 590 will rape the 1060 so much that it will bleed from its anus.

Ok mr velcro

Mind your language.

It's almost winter, you could Ave on heating costs desu.

What's the difference between 580 and 590 again

Attached: trollpepe.jpg (550x475, 43K)

>irrelevant monitor costs
Yea because GPUs are really fucking useful without a monitor