>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: Sawada.Tsunayoshi.full.1303365.jpg (400x559, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/9xkt2k/monitor_msi_optix_mag241c_24_curved_va_1080p/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Certification_Program
howtogeek.com/221001/how-to-set-up-your-own-home-vpn-server/
stedolan.github.io/jq/
belkin.com/us/support-product/?pid=01t80000001zrPYAAY
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487396&Description=gt 1030&cm_re=gt_1030-_-14-487-396-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812400858&Description=hdmi 2.0 mini displayport&cm_re=hdmi_2.0_mini_displayport-_-12-400-858-_-Product
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Want to get into watercooling
>ryzen 7 2700x
>msi r9 390 (main concern, 50c idle /80c load)

fcl options
>copper-nickel full custom loop ~570€ on EKs loop configurator assistant (cpu+gpu)
>can't use the 250€ aluminum a240r kit because it only supports vega cards (cpu+gpu)

aio option
don't really want to meme myself into a nigger-rig like
>nzxt kraken g12 bracket
>240 aio for the gpu
>copper crowns for the vram and vrms
>possibly more casefans aimed at the vrms/vram
>another 240 aio for the cpu
>still have to reinvest if i want to connect them down the line

is there some obvious golden path i'm missing apart from hurrdurr get a vega56 and the aluminum kit?

Does learning Red Hat Linux actually give you a decent advantage against others in the IT job market?

reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/9xkt2k/monitor_msi_optix_mag241c_24_curved_va_1080p/

How is this monitor?

no, gentoo is

Whats a vr headset called when its just the eyescreen?
I wanna get one but they all seem to be motion based or stuff. I just want an eyemask screen thing.

I don't know what you're talking about

>tfw I already had that image
Damn. I guess I'll have to wait for the next thread to save a new image.

Attached: 1538352314899.jpg (585x700, 91K)

pls commit suicide

Srs or are you memeing? Explain your reasons.

Is there an alternative to the vr set without the motion aspect. Like a big set of goggles that are screens

kill yourself, nonce

>thinking gentoo is a meme
kys

still don't get it, sure u aren't high?

Yes it does. Start using CentOS for server purposes. Get comfy enough with it that you can figure out what you're doing on at least a basic level. There's also certifications if you want to add stuff to your resume
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Certification_Program
meanie!

>still don't get it, sure u aren't high?

he wants to know if they make a computer monitor that is small enough to wear on your head.

Why doesn't the top line work? I need to uncomment the second line and delete the first prop method for it to work. What's a faster way of doing this?

I'm new to programming sorry if this is too stupid for even this thread

Attached: cptr.png (545x58, 4K)

is there a free way to vpn to my home network? like so that a file manager on my phone can access network shares away from home.

So I'm just browsing the net right now and suddenly my display switches to white noise for a second or two then goes back to normal.
What the hell was this?

How much faster is the i7-8750H compared to the i7-8550U for compiling workloads? How about general productivity?

Attached: Happy Days.png (360x295, 59K)

>is there a free way to vpn to my home network?
yeah it's called VPN

Semi-new to µmatrix and i cant seem to get it to allow frames.

My university embeds youtube videos and it's such a hassle to click through every time.

Is there a global setting or something? I haven't messed with much "under the hood".

Attached: file.png (565x402, 25K)

>literally no shops selling alcholic wipes
Reee, i don't have time in the weekend to wait for amazon

>literally no shops selling alcholic wipes

how do you use those if you ever have hemoroids. fucking burns like crazy.

Close the site, delete cookies and empty the cache and then try again.

Is there a WiFi network called "FBI Surveillance Van" available where you are?

thanks, this actually worked. my browser actually cached a version where umatrix had already blocked them? if so, thats nuts. also cache was 1 GB, wth.

Attached: 1511157383201.jpg (960x720, 172K)

I'd say there's a very small possibility of a signal disruption from the outside. But this is the first time I saw an issue like this. Display just turned to static for a second when I opened a Spotify tab.
This isn't a GPU hardware issue, is it? Event Viewer doesn't show any errors and I didn't hear any plug-n-play sounds.

bruh you're supposed to use them to clean your monitor

so what server should i use on that pc? it's a windows 7 pc

howtogeek.com/221001/how-to-set-up-your-own-home-vpn-server/

ANSWER ME YOU PEDERASTS

Not necessarily tech related but has anyone here ever been "scammed" by a key site? There's a huge thread on Reddit warning about buying from kinguin. I've only ever bought from key sites for the past 5 years or so without buyer protection and never had an issue.

Anons, what was that site in which you can watch embedded youtube videos and have down load buttons..

I just bought a second hand T430 and installed windows 7 on it. Is there a way to may the text not hurt my eyes? I've been using mint on an x200 and the font there was really good.

Also how do I automatically update extension in Ungoogled-Chromium. It's annoying that I can't just auto update from the store.

My friend, you do not want to use alcohol wipes on electronic screens it will damage them by removing the coating yes they are good for things like eye glasses but are very bad for electronic screens

so fast that when you're compiling gentoo it feels like using ubuntu

Why does it hurt your eyes? Are you saying the font rendering in Windows 7 is the issue? Please elaborate.

how do i hit record on two applications at the same time on PC? Basically how do i click two things at once?

how do i create several links to sites without copy paste them over and over ?
let's say i have bunch of links saved in notepad
normally i'd use href tag but i let's say i have 1000 or 100 links let's say to wikipedia or you tube
is there an easy way to create several links without copy paste bullsit ? just mark them all and use some command or script ?
maybe some plugin for brackets ?
halp

Whats a pdf reader that just werks

sumatra pdf

Thx for the speedy reply

maybe you could provide a hint for my question here ?

There looks like some rings sound the text making them blurry with some capatalized text having different widths for some of the lines. It's really bad in the task bar too as the text is harder to make out. I tried to change the theme from Yotsuba b to Tomorrow and it does not look as bad now but still a long way away from Mint.

Nope, idk sorry

zathura

I have a 900 MB usb drive, How can I use it to install windows 10? Is there any "lite" version?

Attached: what-time-do-you-wake-up-5am-6am-7am-i-4234423.png (500x374, 53K)

I can't use 4chanX noscript Captcha setup. I keep getting this on the console.

Uncaught Error: No reCAPTCHA clients exist.

No.
Go buy a 8GB stick for 4€

still looking for a way to reformat .jsonl into something human readable
file is nearly 3gb so cat provides me with a wall of text that has a lot of leftover formatting shit
i was thinking maybe html or something

Are you using the native resolution for the monitor?
If you want a linux font, install stylechan and use a custom font

>3 hours of obsessing about a 2015 gpu later
>completely gone of the deep end
>crazy ideas start forming

>take off the stock radiator/fans
>cut a hole in the stock radiator so a aio watercooler fits in and the waterlines can go out to the watercooler radiator
>watercooler has to be small enough to fit under the stock gpu fan
>reassemble so the watercooler is seated on the gpu and hidden under the stock gpu fan
>how the fuck would i even route pump power / stock fan power?
why even do this?
>gpu now is watercooled
>vram is still aircooled from the stock gpu fan
>vrms are still aircooled from the stock vrm fan

just goes to show that i have 2much time on my hands. i might just try and find a wrecked card to attempt cutting its radiator.

Attached: b54006b5b2609ab5967e6b8ad2ab88b2_XL.jpg (1200x600, 138K)

just eyeballing it from this shot, it may just be possible

Attached: msi-r9-390x-2.jpg (1100x550, 129K)

try stedolan.github.io/jq/

ublcok origin started to blocks capcha in reply form. Spoonfed me how do I fix it without disabling it completely please.

Attached: 1518131297380.jpg (665x574, 46K)

I've got a x86_x64, UEFI/BIOS netbook. Which distro has most potential to boot?

thanks for the reply but i just realized i am fucking stupid.
cat file.jsonl > file.html did what i was wanting.
love you guys

gentoo

>you do not want to use alcohol wipes on electronic screens it will damage them by removing the coating yes they are good for things like eye glasses but are very bad for electronic screens
But i want to use it to clean the CPU paste, that's what everyone says they use it for online.

>go to bar / restaurant
>order chicken wings
>get wipes
>???
>profit

alternatively get cleaning ethanol from your hardware store or possibly pharmacy

Can I simulate user input using a file? I don't want to rewrite the program to read from a file. The thing is the program reads commands like mkdir , ls -R, etc, and I have a file with commands like those in each line. Is there a way to run it like ./program < input.file?

Attached: a.png (259x641, 18K)

belkin.com/us/support-product/?pid=01t80000001zrPYAAY

found one of these.
thought i was lucky, was gonna have UPS for power outage.

but no place to plug in.

WTF is the use case for this thing?

Fuck

What are single use heat pads sorted as?

Attached: 1529243917531.png (428x380, 48K)

yes, exactly like this.

$("").prop("src", di[1].src).prependTo("#empty");

I got two Sapphire RX480 8gb Nitros for 140 euro shipped. Was this a good deal? I'm looking for a deal on x58-x99 platforms as well.

Attached: 1539905415609.png (753x689, 50K)

china custom loop

How do I security test a REST api?

Sounds scriptable, though im not a scripter

Can I make a Frankenstein phone my combining the pixel 3xl software in a note 9 with an apple camera?

No.

oh... o-okay

Sorry, I fucked up and found the error. Thanks mate.

I get some pretty bad delay when using my piano as a midi controller. Would a sound card help with that?

What do you do at your average ASP.NET/.NET Core job and what chances of growth do you have in a serious company? On a related note, what web stack do you recommend for light personal projects?

pls explain the
>a fucking foot
meme

GNOME's logo is a fucking foot

Attached: gnome_logo (1).jpg (471x500, 19K)

I have a motherboard that only has PCIe x8 slots. I have a 7870 attached to it using an x8->x16 riser, but it can only handle 4k @ 30hz over HDMI. Is there an x8 card that can handle 4k@60hz so I don't have to use a riser cable? If not, what's the absolute cheapest card that will support 4k@60? I only need it for office use and maybe the occasional youtube video

EVGA makes an x8 physical (x4 electrical) GT1030 that'd work fine for desktop/video stuff newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487396&Description=gt 1030&cm_re=gt_1030-_-14-487-396-_-Product

Could use a DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 active converter on the 7870.

What motherboard is it?

Using the audio out of my motherboard I get a lot of static so I'm using the optical out to a FiiO D3, what's the best thing I can connect that to so I can have good speakers and use my headphones if I need to?
GT 1030 GDDR5 or RX 550 iirc

It is stallmans stinky foot that he peels skin off of and eats
Thats what the bottom notch is, fat man stallman ate that portion of it

Any generic speaker amp with headphone out. Or headphone specific amp + active speakers.

Haven't seen any x8 (or x4) physical RX 550s

Touchpad on my laptop stopped working. Still in warranty. What do I tell them to get my money back?

So I want to get my dad a device that plays movies/tv shows from an sd card or flashdrive. That way I can send him some movies to watch every once in a while.

Any reccomendations for black friday?

>What motherboard is it?
Supermicro X9SCL-F

Don't those active converters usually introduce all sorts of bullshit? (Can I just use a passive converter?)

Thanks btw, that 1030 seems to be the answer.

Active converters are fine so long as it's specifically one that supports HDMI 2.0 out. "Passive" converters are effectively the video card sending HDMI data at DisplayPort voltages, so you'd be limited to HDMI 1.3 spec on a 7870, no 4K60.

For a hacky solution you could also get a craft knife and cut the back plastic off of your motherboard's first x8 slot then any regular x16 card would fit and work fine. Can also cut the back x8 off of the card and file it down carefully.

So, I've read that the Ryzen 1600x shows temps 20 degrees too high in HWMonitor and the like, but the AMD's own Radeon settings tool and Ryzen Master show the correct temp.
My question is, does the thermal throttling happen when HWMonitor and stuff see the thermal throttle cap already, or only when Ryzen Master hits it?

>Active converters are fine so long as it's specifically one that supports HDMI 2.0 out. "Passive" converters are effectively the video card sending HDMI data at DisplayPort voltages, so you'd be limited to HDMI 1.3 spec on a 7870, no 4K60.
>For a hacky solution you could also get a craft knife and cut the back plastic off of your motherboard's first x8 slot then any regular x16 card would fit and work fine. Can also cut the back x8 off of the card and file it down carefully.
Thanks, what's the cheapest and easiest option in your option?

That 1030 x8 card is $65 shipped which is okay. Is an active converter a better option or will there be compromises?

Moving to the 1030 would be the better option IMO if you're not gonna do anything that needs the 7870's better GPU performance, 1030 has better video decode support and much lower power consumption.

If going active converter, this is fine newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812400858&Description=hdmi 2.0 mini displayport&cm_re=hdmi_2.0_mini_displayport-_-12-400-858-_-Product

For something noob friendly, consider whatever generic Blu-ray player from a name brand with USB port. Definitely gonna find something on a good special on black friday, and the UI will generally be better than the cheapo chinese media player boxes.

Thanks. If a passive converter is just HDMI signal sent over DVI-D, then how does an active converter work? Does it have basically a GPU in it?

Reads in the DisplayPort data to a tiny RAM buffer, spits it out as HDMI data.

where can i activate windows for free I want to change my miku wallpaper

Microsoft Toolkit.

interesting, thanks

so is there any downside to using a simple displayport -> HDMI 2.0 adapter? It's $30 vs $65 for the GPU

The lack of more modern video decode support may break 4K playback from some sources unless you have a pretty beefy CPU;

>Pros: This product works perfectly; it converts HDMI to DisplayPort, and passes audio. IT DOES NOT WORK BACKWARDS, as there is no such product that will convert DisplayPort to HDMI! This product also has the added benefit of not having the DP locking "fangs" that typically retain the DP connection in the source equipment, which can be a hassle to release in some occurrences.

:thinking:

Where did you see that?