>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 1541639106360.jpg (1169x979, 348K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/ttwtsZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/KLtxNQ
pcpartpicker.com/list/9hRND2
hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/pga-am4-mainboard-vrm-liste-1155146.html
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACVB6E64632&Description=freesync&cm_re=freesync-_-24-025-516-_-Product
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126199
geizhals.eu/?cat=gra16_512&asuch=gtx 1080ti&asd=on&bpmin=&bpmax=&v=e&hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=pl&hloc=uk&hloc=eu&plz=&dist=&mail=&sort=p&bl1_id=30&togglecountry=set
pcpartpicker.com/list/jxj429
pcpartpicker.com/list/JrLrnH
pcpartpicker.com/list/RgmPGG
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice IMG

I posted this from the previous thread but here goes again.

I'm looking to find the Ryzen 2600e because I feel it fits my needs especially due to it's low power. However I can't find it anywhere. Anyone here knows where I can get one?

Attached: maxresdefault (14).jpg (1280x720, 135K)

how good of a rig do i need for VR?

also, what typically happens to GPU prices AFTER black friday/cyber monday, like in december?

Attached: 1527245252480.webm (400x224, 2.57M)

RX570 is min spec, right?
580 or vega56 would give more breathing room. 1070Ti as well but it's generally less worth it.

I think they are only sold in bulk through embedded suppliers, likely in 1k minimum order sizes, and they aren't an AM4 socket chip.

>I think they are only sold in bulk through embedded suppliers, likely in 1k minimum order sizes, and they aren't an AM4 socket chip.

Yes, they are sold in bulk only. No, they do belong to AM4 as stated on AMD's official specs page

The parts are 'immediately available' but they don't even have an MSRP hitherto

Help a retard out bros

pcpartpicker.com/list/ttwtsZ

Here are the parts i'm planning to pick up from microcenter today. pcpartpicker.com/list/ttwtsZ

The prices are a bit off. The Ryzen 2700x and motherboard come out to $384.98. And the Vega 64 is currently $400 on Ebay.

What do you think? I would be upgrading from an i5-4950 and a 4gb RX 470

Attached: 1519102454830.jpg (905x881, 266K)

R8 my budget long term build for high yield 1080p
60FPS only gaming and moderate workstation.
pcpartpicker.com/list/KLtxNQ

Focus was on high airflow, thermals, and longevity while keeping the price under $850. The Free DMC5 and RE2 are just icing on the cake.

Not sure about using Kinguin to get an OEM W10 license or just losing out the $100 to get it hand over fist unless there is a sale for black Friday .

Attached: 1491255023762.jpg (480x480, 20K)

Nothing particularly wrong with it

>pcpartpicker.com/list/KLtxNQ
>580watt psu

No

A 2700X will be a sidegrade in terms of single threaded performance, but will make up for it as a multi-threaded beast and more "effective" single thread performance since simultaneous loads will stop fighting each other.

If I could just upgrade my GPU and take advantage of my 144hz monitor, I would. But bottleneck calculators indicate my processor is too weak to take advantage of 1070ti/1080 or vega 64

>$95 for 8gb
Jesus Christ
pcpartpicker.com/list/9hRND2

Upgrading from that 2x4 later is going to be suffering.
Someone else may clarify, but I believe Ryzen mobos have a few issues once you go to 4 sticks and OCing them with XMP? Or maybe it's more strenuous (more power draw as opposed to less but higher capacity sticks)?

>A 2700X will be a sidegrade in terms of single threaded performance,
Pretty much any modern CPU will fit that description

Doesn't Ryzen need fast (

2700x has better single thread than a locked i5 from 5 years ago

3000MHz is also fine

When you start reaching for 3200 you'd usually consider other factors than just freq.
It gets to the point of autism where it matters but not enough to warrant it.

well shit bro, thanks for telling me. I'm about to head over to microcenter to pick this up.

no, it tops out at 3200. I used 3000 corsair memory in mine and it was fine, I couldn't really clock much better than margin of error with a specialty set I got a few weeks back.

>LOCKED haswell 4c/4t is a side grade
>"same" single thread as 2700X
Leave. Never come back.

I said sidegrade only referring to the STP. You leave.

Not him but it's 550W, it should work well with 2600 and rx 580

>CPU
R5 2400G
>RAM
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, 2x8GB, 3200MHz, CL16
>MB
MSI B450M MORTAR
>PSU
help I need a good PSU, passive preferably; I bet that 400W would be an overkill
>CPU cooler
NH-D15
>Case
Fractal Design Define Mini C; open for other suggestions

>inb4 D15 is an insane choice for 65W APU
Well, yeaaaaah. I have it in my other PC though and it's so fucking based I don't want to risk getting a cooler that could make some noise. It's dead fucking silent while keeping < 65°C on my (slightly) OC'd 4790k and I love it. Feel free to recommend me something that won't break my MB in two, I might consider it.

Attached: 1536416736004.png (983x440, 192K)

Is it worth upgrading to a Vega56 from an R9 390? They have one at Microcenter for $400, and then I could just flip the 390 to a friend for what, like $150-200 right?

I don't see any really bad choices here. Also why bother buying windows?

Are barrow fittings worth using?
First time doing a custom loop and heard they were cheaper but had similar quality to bitspower fittings.

bump the power supply to 650 and you're golden

2900 with tight timings is better

Remove the watermark and better security. What would the alternative be?

Attached: 1490065001357.jpg (600x1070, 52K)

Is Intel still worth it if it is priced lower?

What is wrong with the PSU I got?

I'm only pulling 314W, should I always have double what I use just in case?

Your locked haswell would be at the bottom of this chart.

Attached: untitled-2.png (682x798, 43K)

Strongly considering buying the Dell UltraSharp U2715H for general purpose use, I'll play games, but most of the usage will be just being on the computer, browsing, movies, etc.

Am I crazy or is it a decent option? I don't know how I feel about buying a monitor that is 4 years old, but this one has MUCH, MUCH lower input lag than the newer UltraSharp screens do, which makes it a more attractive option. Anybody here with this monitor that can tell me anything about it? How does it look? Is it a good screen?

Attached: Dell-Ultrasharp-U2715H.jpg (1500x1500, 131K)

Reviews say that motherboard is a piece of shit.
I'm about to go into Ryzen too though. Does anyone have a good X470 motherboard that they would recommend?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/ttwtsZ
Gigabyte AM4 boards suck.
>$400 Vega 64 on Ebay
It would be cheaper to buy from a retailer participating in the promo and to sell the games pack to a friend for ~$120-$150.
>$95 for 2x4Gb
You can get 2x8Gb for like $30 more...

I'm not a fan of the case and would opt for something like the Silverstone PM02, Meshify C, or something smaller, but the rest seems fine.
>Reviews say that motherboard is a piece of shit.
Yes.

>R8 my budget long term build for high yield 1080p
>60FPS only gaming and moderate workstation.
Is the RX580 Red Devil not still $200 including the gaymes? It's pretty equivalent to the Nitro+ for a lot cheaper, then.
At $250, you're getting close to RX590 price and RX590 includes a 3rd game ...
The rest looks good.
550W is fine for an RX580/590. Lmao.

You're wrong, is what is being pointed out. 2700X has over 20% higher single thread performance as the 4590.
That's not a side grade. It's an upgrade in every way, both single and multi.
Only way that Haswell can beat it is in memory latency if you have fast enough RAM to match.
It'd be around the R3 1200 and well below the 6600k, yes.

3000 CL15 or 3200 CL16 are roughly the same thing and roughly the same performance. You get whichever is cheaper.

Yes that is a big upgrade, but I think $400 for Vega56 is a bit much unless it's a really good model (Nitro+), or it comes with that games promotion to discount it.

If you can get an i5-8400 build for significantly cheaper than a 2600 build, and you're doing pure gaming at 60fps, it's quite worth.

Isn't it 6 or 7ms response time? Ehhhhhhhh.
I think Dell Ultrasharps have really fallen off the past like 5 years. They don't even do 16:10 anymore.

Alright guys i REALLY need help rn.
I just built my first pc 2 days ago and it went relatively smooth.
Specs are:
Fx-8350 4.0ghz with stock cooler
gigabyte 78lmt-usb3 r2 motherboard
gigabyte rx 560 4gb (the newer version)
2×4gb ddr3 patriot viper 1600mhz ram
wd blue 1tb
corsair vs450 80plus
deepcool tesseract sw case

all of this brand NEW.
as monitor i have an Acer v173 720p 60hz with vga cable and vga to hdmi adaptor for the gpu

im using windows 10 home.
problem is everytime i use the pc more than 10min it starts flickering about 5 secs apart continuosly but the pc itself works , just the screen getting pitch black then coming back over and over .so i ordered a new asus monitor for 100$ and im hoping this problem will be solved, ill only use a hdmi cable directly to the gpu.is it gonna be okay ?im new to this also my english is not the best sorry

i have two 2414h and i absolutely love them. You won't play CS:GO competitively but they look good and arent too bright

Well, please recommend a decent x470 board please.

Attached: 10.jpg (695x647, 61K)

>Isn't it 6 or 7ms response time? Ehhhhhhhh.
>I think Dell Ultrasharps have really fallen off the past like 5 years. They don't even do 16:10 anymore.
It's 8ms, actually. But the input lag is only 12ms, whereas other screens reach 20ms and the likes.
I can't buy a korean monitor, it isn't an option where I live. I can't find any IPS monitors in the 400-500 dollar range that have a low response time. So I'm just kind of lost.

I mean sure 8ms is not ideal, but televisions are a hell of a lot worse and their input lag is intense, yet people do just fine with them.
thanks. yeah I don't play CS anymore anyways, and if I did I'm sure it'd work well enough for casual play.

X470-F Strix
C6H, C7H
Taichi/Fatal1ty(the higher end model)
Nothing from MSI

Did you update your drivers?

Something Seasonic fanless.

Is that a custom 9900K cooler?

hardwareluxx.de/community/f12/pga-am4-mainboard-vrm-liste-1155146.html
check the list

>RX580 Red Devil
Its $239 everywhere I've seen, and most review and tests show the Sapphire to be better for thermals and airflow so that is why I went with it.

None of the RX590s have been reviewed year so i'm reluctant to get them. RX 590 at $280 is tempting, but is the jump from RX 580 to 590 going to be worth it really, especially when staying in 1080p 60FPS gaming? the 3 games are inticing but still I'm iffy about being an early adopter.

Attached: 1492709494249.jpg (512x512, 71K)

>Fx-8350
Literally fucking why?
Even 2200g would have been better.

Thanks bro, I'm going with the Asus X470

Imma be honest with you, I don't know what the fuck all that means.

>input lag only 12ms
That's a lot.
That Mbest monitor is only 1.5ms input latency.
Should be able to find a lot of monitors which are

>FX
no just no, state your budget

Is the ASrock Taichi worth the extra money? Why? I'm going to purchase one of these today, just don't know which is better.

Attached: choices.png (1193x803, 207K)

Yeah, but I can't buy the mbest, because it'll be 700 dollars after the shipping costs. And 700 dollars is about the price I'll have to pay for a monitor with low response times and being ips, and all of those are either 144hz or 165hz, which I don't know if I trust buying the cheapest 165hz monitor I can get my hands on.

Buying Ryzen was a mistake, I got my 8600K ordered.

Depends if you want to get another 4% performance out of it or not with a BCLK OC.
If not, can't really go wrong with the cheapest ASUS or ASRock X470 board if you're just going to run it stock and maybe just enable PBO.

Ya I get that. Swedish user or something?
There's so many monitor options here in the US, it's hard to relate or figure out what advice to really give...
In the past, there was an Ebay listing which would ship to UK, Australia, US, whereever, all with free shipping for that Mbest monitor. But I think it's out of stock now and only on Amazon here now.
Pixio usually has some pretty good options. Acer.

>inb4 stutters

Is it worth upgrading to a Vega 56 from an R9 280x (tahitimeme)?
i can get an used one (reference/stock) for 200€.

I prefer to get the more expensive motherboards, due to having more expansion slots like m.2 and having a good dac/amp

>think they are only sold in bulk through embedded suppliers, likely in 1k minimum order sizes, and they aren't an AM4 socket chip.

So what are my options now? I really want a low power Ryzen.

What's a good hdd to get these days? I'm looking for something to replace my old wd black in the 2tb range.

Just got an RX580 and was wondering what kind of monitor to get now that I can produce over 60fps.

damn those are GOOD ASS deals

Is a temperature of 67C full load both on CPU and iGPU really bad, considering it's all jammed inside a mini ITX case?

When ddr5?

vram is ddr5 so give it a couple years

retoasting my plight

whats the deal with this rx590? just a slightly better 580?

I have to drive from Austin to Houston to get it, but it's worth it I think.

Probably going to stick with the Asus board instead of the taichi because I don't know if its honestly worth the extra expense.

>watercooling
No

WD blue?

>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIACVB6E64632&Description=freesync&cm_re=freesync-_-24-025-516-_-Product

I was thinking about this one. Is this one ok?

Attached: w4v4aw4v.jpg (659x488, 67K)

"no" as in "ask somewhere else" or as in "just keep torturing your gpu on aircooled"?

opinions on VA panels for gaming? is the motion blur a serious issue?

HAVE
>Case
>Fans
>GPU (1070)
>PSU (620w)
>Drives (180 & 240 GB SSDs, 1TB HDD)

UPGRADING
>CPU (i5 3570k -> R7 2700x)
>Mobo (GIGABYTE Z77X-UD3H -> ASUS Prime X470-Pro)
>RAM (16GB DDR3 -> 16GB DDR4)
>Cooler (Hyper 212+ -> Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4)

Contemplating getting a 500gb SSD for choice games, using the 240 for OS and assorted programs, and I guess hold onto the 180GB for...something? Maybe throw it in my old ass laptop.

Uh sure if you have a monitor for it? It's over 2x the performance and absurdly better perf/watt.
If you're just at 1080p@60, you're really better off with an RX580.

Get a 1700/2700 and undervolt and downclock it, obviously.
On my 1600X on Arch, just stock, it would clock down to around 2GHz. The heatsink was cold to the touch without a fan, only drawing a few watts.

An SSD.

... yes it's exactly what it was said to be. A node refinement 580. It's about 5% higher performance at the same given power consumption.
Only worth it if you want the 3rd additional game in the promotion, for the most part. RX580 is generally better value otherwise though it comes with 2 games instead of 3.

Don't go AIO.

gddr5 is not ddr5.

Yeah it is. Basically getting a taichi for $130. lol.

Arctic 33 should be sufficient. 85% as good cooling as the U-12S, just as quiet, and half the price. 2700X is not exactly difficult to cool compared to *lake Intel CPUs.
Could also get something like the Mugen 5, Ninja 4, and put Arctic fans on it to have something better for around the same price. Don't support the overpriced Noctua cooler memes.

There is not motion blur problems on some of them. It depends on the panel. VA varies wildly from being ghostier than a bad IPS, to being better than the best IPS.
I would suggest a good VA over any TN. Good ones are comparable have their pluses and minuses over AHVA.

>ultrashort
I would just get 75hz 1080p or 1920x1200 Acer IPS. They're just a little over $100. 1440p if you're willing to turn down settings in some cases.

I bought a Ryzen 5 2600 and I like it, it's a decent upgrade over my old 2500k, HOWEVER
the fucking load temps are driving me insane, 80°C under 100% load seems a bit silly with the stock cooler. Are there any coolers at a

>Get a 1700/2700 and undervolt and downclock it, obviously.

I can only afford a 2600. Can I undervolt and downclock it?

What is the difference between an AH-IPS display a regular IPS one?

What's a good price for a 1080ti in euroland?
I'm eyeing one for 580, decent cooler too.

I wish I could have found decent priced vegas for freesync but we're shit out of luck here.

im thinking of getting a 2200g and then later buying an rx580ish gpu. will the 2200g bottleneck me or will i be fine? 1080p btw

you could grab a rx 580 for $200
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814126199

Is Zen 2 7nm a meme or is worth upgrading to the AMD platform now and buying into 7nm next year? Currently have a 3570k, 16 gb 2133 ddr3 and a 1070 ti.

If you had both an i5 processor and an i3 from a couple of generations later, both performing quite... Similarly on most tasks, which one would you use? It's a matter of having two extra (but lower powered) physical cores as opposed to lower temperatures / power consumption.

I just don't know really.

What I'm thinking of doing is buying a 2600x now and upgrading to whatever amd releases in 2020 considering it should still be AM4.
I'm really hanging on a thread with my 2500k and 760.

I'm looking into building a new pc. Should I get a used r9 280x for 80€?
I'll probably pair it with athlon x4 950.

what country? have you tried using a price aggregator like geizhals.eu?
>1080ti
geizhals.eu/?cat=gra16_512&asuch=gtx 1080ti&asd=on&bpmin=&bpmax=&v=e&hloc=at&hloc=de&hloc=pl&hloc=uk&hloc=eu&plz=&dist=&mail=&sort=p&bl1_id=30&togglecountry=set

Check that it doesn't bottleneck that shit, but it's not a bad card. Just don't expect to play assassin's shit / Deus ex MD fine.

I'm just worried that Zen 2 in 2019 will just "match" 9th gen Intel in performance and I've just wasted money buying 2 processors....

>Can I undervolt and downclock it?
I mean it's only 65W TDP stock.
But yes they are unlocked and so are b450 boards. You shuold be able to drop it down to around 0.925v @ 3GHz afaik? Which should drop it down to more like 30-40W peak.

But you know if you just run it stock at low load, it has power saving features and is only going to boost when you put it under load. Don't confuse peak power consumption with typical. Ryzen is crazy efficient.

AHVA is faster response and refresh rate while still being acceptable image quality (better than TN).
AH-IPS is better color.
AH-IPS, PLS, AHVA, and really good VA are all good and just vary in certain ways.

It's expected to be around a 20-35% performance increase in single threaded. So worst case scenario, the top end 8 core should outperform the 9900k in every (except maybe memory latency still? Don't know yet) while using half the power.
Hell, even the 2700X already matches the 9900k in multithreaded performance to begin with.

I'd say that a 2600X is already well worth upgrading to. Do you not get stutters and hitches? That's a lot of GPU for such a weak CPU. My 2500k /w 1866 CL9 RAM was severely bottlenecking my 7970, making bad stutters if I don't close out everything to play a game, and even with everything else closed it still wasn't a great experience. A 3570k isn't much better and you have paired like 2x as powerful a GPU with it.

Neither.

Well when the 1800X came out, people thought there was no way that Zen+ next year would beat the 7700k, the best gaming CPU at the time. Yet it did; the 2700X beats the 7700k in gaming.
And that was just from a refresh.
Zen2 is going to have an IPC advantage, a node advantage. If it can at least get close to matching on memory latency, it's going to be purely better on top of better value.
And would matching the 9900k in gaming while using half the power and beating it like 20-35% in multithreaded really be bad?

If the performance increase isn't worth it you stick zen+ and upgrade much, much later.

It doesnt bottleneck according to bottlenecker, but I don't know how reliable that site is.
Also I think I'll go for athlon x4 880k, using dd3 ram and older motherboard saves a lot.

pcpartpicker.com/list/jxj429
I'd pick up a rtx 2070 instead of that vega 64, it's $1 cheaper and performs a whole lot better

Then you're fine, bottlenecker errs on the side of telling you "nah mate don't even bother" when you can still survive with it.

pcpartpicker.com/list/JrLrnH

I posted something similar yesterday but I didn't get much feedback. I had a 6700k/GTX1080 build that was fun but my Skylake chip was a sore silicon lottery loser and I got disheartened and sold it, but instead of ponying up another $1600 for a similar build, I'm gonna take it down a notch. I'm building this as something to tinker with overclocking and use as my everyday PC.

Oh alright I guess I'll just use my smartphone as a computer and let those sit there.

Ok actually worked around getting it UNDER $800. How does this look?
pcpartpicker.com/list/RgmPGG

Again Looking for this build to last years, be a little interchangable as need be for upgrades, but optimal for thermals and airflow to minimize wear and tear long term, and be used for 1080p 60FPS gaming and workstation shit.

This as well. People don't seem to realize what a major upgrade a 2600X is over a 4-core i5.

It's wrong. It will be a problem especially with things running in the background.
Even a 2500k will bottleneck a 280X in many games and circumstances, and your CPU is weaker.

>a whole lot better
It's like a 5% difference, and Vega comes with 3 new $60 games. Vega is a much better value. You can't just lie to try and get people to buy gimmickworks garbage.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/JrLrnH
That's incredibly bad. Truly awful. I think you were already told that plenty in the previous thread and don't care, so just buy it.

>Don't confuse peak power consumption with typical. Ryzen is crazy efficient.

Ok I thought the 2600e at 45W is a lot more efficient than the 2600 at 65W. For the record I'm coming from a Phenom II X3 720. Is the Ryzen 2600 consumes less electricity than my current proc?

In the last thread FX9900 suggested I get a post-2017 Seagate Barracuda HDD, as they were more reliable than Barracudas made from 2016 to 2017. How do I find post-2017 Barracudas? Are there more reliable hard drives on the market? No matter how much I dig through reviews of WD, Toshiba, HGST, and Seagate drives, they always turn up a very large amount of negative reviews talking about critical failures.

what about the 8350k is bad? when overclocked it mops up the 8400 and stock 8600k

>Zen2 is going to have an IPC advantage, a node advantage. If it can at least get close to matching on memory latency, it's going to be purely better on top of better value.

>All this AMD shilling

AMD was hyping Bulldozer to be better but what happened? Piledriver is even worse.