Is this the end of notch

Look closely

Leaked Galaxy s10 with hole in screen

Attached: Galaxy-S10s-Exynos-9820-vs-Apple-A12-vs-Kirin-980-specs-comparison.jpg (940x627, 93K)

big if true

>hole in screen
S9+ is the last samsung for me.

Based Samsung. The only ones who know how to innovate anymore.

I licked a negro once

Yeah probably. I'm guessing the next step is creating a new screen technology that will allow for transparency so the camera can be behind the screen.

I'd rather buy a phone without a frontal camera than a fucking notch or hole or whatever the fuck.

Hole in screen is just as bad as a notch. It's screen real estate that gets stripped away from you forever because designers and engineers are too lazy to find a proper solution to embed a camera in the thin bezel, or to find a different solution altogether.

>camera at the front
only thots do selfies
prove me wrong

Anonymous
11/16/18(Fri)11:01:43 No.68521588

Come on now. Contain your autism. This hole is 3mm wide

Amoleds can already do that, that's how those in-screen fingerprint scanners work.

Can't we just have a bezelless phone without the damn front camera?

>Can't we just have a bezelless phone without the damn front camera?
this.

Good
ill finally switch from nexus 5 one chinks copy that

my hole is 3mm wide

Attached: 1491876325823.jpg (436x391, 24K)

Honestly I don't give a fuck about selfie camera
Notch hole is cringe ill just keep my shitty old oppo r11

>kills notch
>still has audiojack
samsung could be god tier if they dropped touchjizz

can it toast my bread?

but I like touchwizz

>leak
doubt it. probably one of many imaginative renders.

Thats actually worse.. The notch isnt even as big of a deal as I thought it would be, I dont even notice it 90% of the time on my pixel 3, pic related

Attached: yok6pur9ald9uqmptjtf.jpg (2316x1303, 159K)

How are you going to take front facing photos

Just put a small fucking selfie screen on the back with a button.
>But it's too hard to flip the phone!

fuck off shill.

I can change that.

kys

i need a selfie cam to dm thots on snapchat though

we managed in the past

They were pretty shit though. I'm quite happy with how front cameras have progressed desu, apart from the forced beauty filter on certain phones

O___O

LEAKED PIC OF PIXEL 4's NEW NOTCH!
> 0w0
WHAT DID GOOGLE MEAN BY THIS

You can turn it off on any phone with a notch, it literally just gives you more space without sacrificing speaker quality while on a phone call. Not shilling for anyone, Im just not a moron. Pic related is another phone, and you can do this on literally every single phone with a notch.

I guess the camera will mostly be hidden by the top bar too, but it still looks horrific.

Attached: Huawei-P20-Hide-Notch.jpg (1200x800, 61K)

They have dropped touchjizz. Now their moving on to one ui.

>remove notch
>user replace notch with a blacked out parts of the screens so it doesnt bother them
what a retarded shitshow. how long until a burn-in on OLED screens

at least it's a little hole near the corner and not a retarded bar in the middle of everything

And I liked it...

>Im a fucking moron

The top bar on phones without notches takes up usable screen space, the notch just pushes it up without sacrificing a camera, speaker quality, build quality and the ability to put it in a decent case. Without the notch you probably lose 5% of your total screen space to a top bar.

Attached: hurrrrrr.png (2299x1208, 1.81M)

Note 9 or some sliding chinkphone it is. Dogshit folding phones and phones with holes in their screen do not appeal to me.

What an absolute muppet. Look at him and laugh.

>Just put a small fucking selfie screen on the back with a button.
And how I'm supposed to video call?

100% this. The status bar is now where the top bezel would have been.

Why can't be smart phones just be 16:10 or at most 16:9 ratio? Those 18:9 are a meme. Too narrow for portrait mode.

Because that shit would be unwieldy, 18:9 isn't a meme because the information you're shown on a phone is built with portrait mode in mind so it shows more information without making it harder to grip.

t. manlet hands

Love how conveniently disappeared. Although I guess I shouldn't be surprised at this board being chalk full of brain damaged tards who can't think for themselves.

>slippery brittle glass on all sides
>curved edges and full front screen so nowhere to wrap fingers for maximum drop potential
>remove standard features to make phone thinner
>barely increase battery life while tech advances to make phone thinner
>could've had something akin to dumbphone battery life but muh thin
>everyone has to put a thick case on anyway because fragile slippery bullshit phone
>muh aesthetic but intentionally make hideous designs that look the exactly like all competitors
>awful designs further ruined by bulky cases
>every other manufacturer is copying a company with declining sales
>surprised when sales decline
>even with declining sales push price higher and higher
What the fuck is every single phone manufacturer doing?

>18:9
>not 2:1
Literally the only reason not to call it 2:1 is that normalfags are so fucking retarded that they think it would be worse than 18:9 because the numbers are smaller.

I'm still here. Your opinion is quite simply wrong. The notch is terrible and no matter of bungling will fix such an ugly design flaw that shouldn't exist in the first place.

Not with your 2mm shaft

t-that's what a mirror is for! no screen, just a mirror!

it would be better with an internal moving camera.
Put a camera and a small display square on a belt. The main display has a permanent hole in it.
When you want the camera, the belt moves down, then the camera slides in and it moves up.
It would be invisible in the normal mode if precision was good enough, ie. if the moving display square was fitted in perfectly.

It can be done in principle with below µm precision, may be too hard on the mass manufacturing side though.

Attached: 20180318_003008.png (1080x1070, 780K)

Thoroughly impressed

Attached: 1509357595433.gif (300x188, 1.18M)

:>screen with rounded corners

Attached: 1545261982157.png (512x512, 69K)

They literally just abandoned every single piece of touchjizz and made a new UI

Are you retarded?

the selfie olympics were nuts

Is this the end of notch??!!?!

Attached: 1519585124_635_samsung_galaxy_s9_blue.jpg (635x476, 12K)

Samsung dropped Touchwizz long ago
Now they're replacing the touchwizz replacement

>the launcher is different so that means they dropped touchwiz
Heh.

The notch is fine if you have NO bottom bezel. Google is selling you an iPhone priced chink shit design phone. Why would anybody buy a Google Pixel when you can get a Xiaomi or a high-end Samsung?

>taking selfies of any kind
Neck yourself.

Yes, galaxies have black holes.

lucky bastard

Retard, they are literally redoing everything for Pie, bing ONE UI and see for yourself.

>Retard, they are literally redoing everything for Pie
And that's exactly what they are doing wrong.

New debate.
Hole or Notch?

Everyone whines about notches, but forget the way shittier trend that is curved screen corners.

End your life, unironically

The one where the guy was on a mattress was one of my favourites

The problem is that you can't, yet, make it fully transparent, which means while you can get away with it for fingerprint detection it'll affect your photos.

Of the two, Hole is certainly superior.
Neither is the ideal solution, though.

It's just a notch but moved away from the bezel. Not sure if this is any better of a solution as you still can't use that space but it's nice to see new ideas while we're exploring how to deal with this

:^)
pretty sure they need it for facial recognition software to unlock your phone!!

they dropped touchwiz years ago...
rip

hmmm.... that's kinda cool.

Is this the end of notch!?

Attached: The End Of Notch.png (966x793, 1.28M)

I will literally never buy a Samsung phone as long as it has those god-damned side curves. It's frustrating how they constantly mock Apple for intruding the display with a notch while simultaneously imposing fucking gimmicky curves that you can't avoid. At least you can 'turn off' the notch while watching videos by just zooming out.
I hate being stuck on an S4. This thing is on life support.

>Jow Forums loves notches now

ahahahah apple was right

That's the final evolution probably.

Make a 5" edge-to-edge version and I'll have something to upgrade to from my SE.

>not taking selfies with your gf when you travel and do fun things together

No they haven't they just fucking rebranded it its still shit

There's not a single OEM Android modification that offers the same level of speed, smoothness and stability(especially over time as they start drowning in their own garbage to the point where you have to reboot them daily) as plain, simple, out of the box Android. Not a single one, ever. Not even 1+, they traded somewhat faster operation for worse smoothness. I'm glad Google has finally started grabbing them by the balls with stuff like project treble.

Apple is doing the same thing but it's centered

Looks iffy imo.

This edge to edge screen meme needs to stop what good are .1mm bezels if my fucking fingers are hanging over the bezel onto the screen struggling to grip this 8 inch long phone that weighs 5 ounces and is a 1/2 inch thick without dropping it.

my god, look at that thing lmao