Anyone own one of these? how has your experience with them been?

anyone own one of these? how has your experience with them been?

also, aren't these models (except for the 8") pretty fucking old now? Are they going to release new ones anytime soon?

Attached: 1528845217549.png (651x167, 61K)

Bought my mom one, it's pretty alright for casual streaming

how's the web browsing performance? does it load and scroll smoothly?

I got the 8" for her, and I can't really say from experience as I just set the thing up and gave it to her, but it seemed alright for like $45.

If this thread is still up in 8 hours I can let you know when I go visit her lel

>If this thread is still up in 8 hours I can let you know when I go visit her lel
otherwise I'll make a new thread so look for the new one.

1GB RAM isn't fuckin' enough anymore. Now mobile web stuff and apps are done with 2+GB smartphones in mind. Forget it.

bump

Posting on one now. Just put fdroid and/or the play store on it.

yeah but how is it performance wise and how is the screen?

Fine for browsing and shitposting. What else are you wanting out of it?

>Fine for browsing and shitposting.
fine how? I don't want laggy shit. can you be more specific?

youtube, netflix,
replaying blu ray rips

how does it perform with long pdf documents or long web pages?

mostly does its job with sporadic hiccups.

my 3 yr old daughter uses one for watching rhymes. Good for rough usage, reading, streaming and other shits. But not smooth.

>rhymes
busta?

using any technology other than a proper desktop is degenerate.

>degenerate

Attached: 1514684714690.png (205x246, 9K)

Get a Mi Pad 4 instead.

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-Pad-4-Bangladesh-816x459.jpg (816x459, 58K)

No warranty outside China or India. Good luck fighting with AliExpress seller or GearBest over broken English e-mails if you ever receive a DOA dud.

Not really laggy. I got the 10 for a hundred dollars. Best purchase I've ever made, perfect for reading books and even has a microsd slot for storing movies. F-droid has all the apps you need.

I hate mine (Fire 8) that I got ridiculously cheap. It's slow as hell but I use it to watch Netflix when I run on the treadmill or to play SNES games on the plane. You can't really multitask well because the apps close due to lack of ram. But if you're just going to read or don't mind doing one thing at a time it's OK.

Also most of them can't be rooted so you're stuck with Amazon garbage.