Drm is everywhere

>drm is everywhere
>literally cant record stuff anymore
>torrents are dead, usenet is dead
where were you when mpaa and riaa won?

Attached: 220px-Home_taping_is_killing_music.png (220x182, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fTTno8D-b2E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

sitting in my room working on my pirate costume

Attached: apurosvo.png (868x751, 35K)

>torrents are dead
Maybe for you public tracker pleb

>abloo abloo torrwntz ded cuz I can't find some niche shit

Attached: 96d8220c85e8650a22e66d9b7031143d76c6194dfd2fe1a2ad26bb1b9e4e09d7.jpg (255x191, 12K)

>>literally cant record stuff anymore

Attached: nanithisniggameans.jpg (639x522, 44K)

>torrents are dead
Maybe for you cuck

>torrents are dead

Attached: 1524332329797.jpg (692x913, 282K)

>torrents are dead
Obv psyop
Nice try FBI

In the midst of the corporate apocalypse. We're literally headed for ShadowRun without any of the cool stuff.

>drm is everywhere
>...because you don't control your software running on your machine.

Attached: c8d1c919a7d42f0811b2c75c021f7256b4e6c55c35d92e43250fa858e5889120.jpg (3504x2336, 2.41M)

This is horrifying.

Yes, and you idiots were warned to make Linux user-friendly and have good compatibility with existing software and you laughed. You're possibly MORE responsible for this mess than the pleb masses because you KNEW BETTER.

It's user friendly enough for me to use it. I don't care about other people.

>literally cant record stuff anymore
what

>I don't care about other people.
Then enjoy the death of the internet and computing. You're more responsible than anyone, you selfish git.

Shit like Ubuntu and OpenSUSE is literally more user friendly than Windows at this point.

>torrents are dead
Where was I when you posted a negative IQ fucktarded post on Jow Forums? Sadly, right here.

>have good compatibility with existing software
Yes it's the fault of the Linux people that people writing proprietary garbage don't bother writing it for Linux.
There is only so much you can do to make things better for a userbase that doesn't give a shit about itself so fuck you and your pleb masses because you can't move away the fault from yourself just because noone rolled out a red carpet for you.

>Yes, and you idiots...
We pushed for open hardware, you didn't buy it. We tried (again and again) to make Linux similar enough to existing tools, but you didn't install it. We constantly worked on drivers for closed-source hardware (usually through reverse engineering), and yet you still complained. We did this all for free, and yet you still mock us.
You want your freedom? Here's some questions for yourselves:
- What are you willing to sacrifice?
- What are you willing to work for?
- What price do you pay?
- What have you contributed?
We did know better, and so did you. Yet you chose to give up your freedom anyway. Your freedom is not my, nor anybody else's, responsibility. You have the apocalypse you deserve.

Attached: judgingyou.png (672x787, 964K)

>What are you willing to sacrifice?
nothing

>What are you willing to work for?
150k a year

>What price do you pay?
lol whatever the license or CD costs. i think artists should and developers should be supported for their work.

>What have you contributed?
jack shit. but who cares? still werks on my machine

/thread

people should get back to sneakernet and swap files irl. even the commies get this:
youtube.com/watch?v=fTTno8D-b2E

>We pushed for open hardware, you didn't buy it.
Who would? Finish a thing before you offer it to the public. Why is this such a difficult concept to grasp?

>We tried (again and again) to make Linux similar enough to existing tools
Let's be honest. No you fucking did not. Linux faggots are elitist assholes who don't give a flying shit if the average person's files or programs work on their OS. Ergo, the average person has 0 interest in Linux. OMG how did this happen?! Save me elitism!

>We did this all for free
You did it for yourselves. That's why you failed.

>150k a year
DDL sites like mega are not dead yet.

Windows rolled out the red carpet for users. So did AOL. How did any of that work out? Oh wait, you're an idiot.

We need to make DRM illegal.

Our organisation is old enough to drink, and we're doing fine thanks.

Hope you enjoyed your Denuvo -3day just to make the point.

In an age where we have Soulseek, I couldn't be happier about music piracy. Lighten up user.

We really do. Unfortunately, we live in a plutocracy.

You tied your own ropes, motherfuckers. The Apocalypse has arrived, and you have no survival skills.

>The Apocalypse has arrived, and you have no survival skills.
Speak for yourself. What the fuck do you think you're going to do with coding?

In terms of computing, anything I want to, provided I make an effort to do so.

>>>We tried (again and again) to make Linux similar enough to existing tools
>>Let's be honest. No you fucking did not.
>(Open|Libre)Office + support for Microsoft Office proprietary formats
>Reverse-engineering drivers for the latest video cards, sound devices, monitors, hard drives, etc
>The Desktop experience (many times over) that felt the same as Windows
>The ability to mount and access NTFS drives
>Duel-booting, and automatically detecting other OSs and adding them to the boot loader
>Samba for filesharing with Windows
>Simple installers for the OS so you don't have to do it by hand
>Live-Boot so you can check out an OS before fully committing to installing
>Alternative browsers so you aren't stuck in IE4
>>We did this all for free
>You did it for yourselves. That's why you failed.
I have to be free myself before I can free others. If that makes me an elite asshole, then I wear it with pride.

Attached: mfw.jpg (1600x1213, 158K)

>unironically living in muttland

Attached: 1530297535975.png (2518x1024, 394K)

I rip stuff all the time. I've even ripped stuff from iTunes that had DRM on it. The MPAA/RIAA have legal muscle but I have basic technical know-how, so I always win.

>He thinks location has an impact on anything discussed in this thread, unless you're a retard.