What does Jow Forums think about it?

Attached: node.jpg (1024x497, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r17&hw=ph&test=query
github.com/npm/npm/issues/19883
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It’s shit
t. Overpaid webdev

Jow Forums hates it because it steals back end jobs from them and because they're too busy typing Java EE boilerplate

Fucking great.
t. LynxChan developer.

Attached: ce50d133b4b3764d3bd3b182504e7301.png (200x200, 91K)

Node is for Democrats. PHP is for Republicans.

A retarded necessity for front-end.

Backend? Why fucking bother.

>t. LynxChan developer
i’m sorry for your loss

wtf i love php now

What do you prefer to use?

>PHP is for Republicans.

Would explain Jow Forums hate for it and all the tranny fucks running around here.

Republicans use C/C++ or python

Democrats use Ruby, Java, or Go.

>python
>republican
lmao

trash

It's our primary language for building HTTP APIs at work. I hate the language, but you can learn to be very productive with Node.js. That's' an argument that can be made for most languages, but it does mean you'll soon enough be producing business value at a good pace, and that's actually more interesting than which tools you used.

It takes a good deal of discipline to not produce abominations, but at least it has a wide ecosystem of tooling like ESLint to help you keep yourself and co-workers away from the worst pitfalls.

I prefer django, but I'll learn node for jobs.
Learn django or php first as node is a cluster fuck and then learn node

>Node is a clusterfuck

?

Maybe if you dont know JS

Just use Go nigger. Even the creator of Node switched to Go, the fucking creator of the most popular web framework(Express) switched to Go. Like how much more fucking evidence do you retards need?

Lmao

But nobody uses GO

lol nice bait

I'm using Go right now while pushing this log out

go fuck(yourself)

It's shit but there's a lot of useful libraries for it, so whatever.

*fucks self asynchronously*
d-did I do good sempai?

>google creates go
>later google abandons go
hmmm... does not look like a good pick for a language

Honestly it's incredible how good the performance is when balanced with the development times required. The V8 engine is no fucking joke, although I hate JavaScript. I'm a C++ dev at a company that uses java for it's backend web services and they are getting really interested in node

Attached: x20_0.jpg (1212x1738, 188K)

this & this.

Waste of time and horrible designed

javascript and other memes have the worst communities
>t. c dev

>Shilling an unironically dead language

Didn't it literally wipe your hard drive on one of its updates.

>node.js stealing backend jobs
what world are you from?

JS performance sucks
techempower.com/benchmarks/#section=data-r17&hw=ph&test=query

Node uses c++ with the V8 engine

And both are terrible.

idea is quite nice but javascript engines are shit so is it

Do Pajeets write node js code as well?

>Go
>Dead
Not even close. Not that I use Go.

somehow Go is worse than JS lmao how did they fuck up that bad ROFL...

Not really great, but the actual pain point is npm or its repositories.
Stuff like that happened several times. I bet it's still ripe for exploits.

in what way is NPM a pain point? also I tried googling "node.js wipe hard drives" and found nothing.

That website has absolute fucking garbage code for node, that's not how you benchmark something.
If you write garbage code you can't really expect anything other than garbage performance

NPM is fine. The issue is that as with anything popular, most of the community is retarded and their packages are trash. It doesn't mean is not possible to pick a few gems through the trash.

cobol

>he uses Java

Attached: OhSeeetie.png (449x401, 360K)

Bloat that should be illegal

node is like mcdonalds
you want dinner but you cant be bothered cooking so you eat something that makes you fat and retarded
its not the worst, but it gets used way more than it should

>i write C btw

Attached: 11c.png (403x347, 72K)

lol what's wrong with C? Never done linux systems programming?

Node js is single threaded your point is shit yes is uses non blocking code bases but it basically means it's absolute dog shit at backend end and only suitable for client side and then you realize wait a minute why the fuck would you use nodejs then and not just use vanilla js or typescript. Nodejs is so shit at what it was designed to do even the creator says he wouldn't use it for an actual application anymore. The only people that actually enjoy nodejs are webdevs because they can convince themselves they write good code since it runs back end with electron which also runs like shit but thats another discussion. The v8 engine I.e the part your circle jerking about is a js parsing engine and yes thats used by nodejs because they need to parse the js.

Attached: thanksforinventingjavascript.jpg (639x724, 45K)

Eventually everything will be on the web as it should, grandpa.
Even some IoT embedded projects are written in nodejs now. No reason to use C like it's the 80s anymore.

>what is an embedded system
>what is overhead
>what is hardware limitations
Not every machine has 16gb of ram yo run your bloated shit.

>Eventually everything will be on the web as it should
That's for normies who can't into computers.

>grandpa.
I'm 26.

>Even some IoT embedded projects are written in nodejs now
You mean the applications they run, not the actual embedded kernel.

Meme buzzwords from the 90s. Even the billboards at your local threater are running an OS now.
>le wrong generation

yeah except there are reasons for all of those things, and there are repeated concepts in this chart to exaggerate the problem. yes its a quirky language but this image is fucking stupid and plays to idiots who don't care to understand the language for whatever elitist bullshit reasons they have

>le ebin troll XD lelelel
kys with laundry detergent.

>implying every infrastructure is installing full os since billboards are doing it.
>implying trains,jets,rocket,helicopters ,cars are all going to increase the hardware just so people could write more bloated code
Nice one sherlock

Would I use it for production? No. But for small projects node is great. It lets you get up and running with backend work in a language that is the most commonly known. It also doesn't have that much magic baked in like other backend frameworks (i.e. django/rails) and is relatively quick for being js based.

With the latest updates to js it isn't as terrible as a language as it used to be either. Overall I don't mind node. It's a good place to start you small projects.

The picture wasn't even related. The post was about nodejs not js being bad. Learn to read Timmy.

It's dogshit if you want to work with postgres or mysql, otherwise it's ok I guess.

For someone that bitches about people not understanding you sure don't bother reading or understanding.

doesn't
true===1

fail because 1 isn't a boolean value?

Ry and TJ have both basically abandoned Go. Ry is making a Typescript runtime on v8 called Deno and while initially some of it was programmed in Go he got fed up with Go's limitations and replaced all the Go code with Rust.

TJ is back to using node for all of his web development because Go is far too verbose and the package management is abysmal. It's impossible to make decent abstractions in statically typed languages that are as limited as Go and you just end up wasting far too much time on boilerplate. It's not even that fast for a statically typed language and the binaries it produces are far too bloated.

I like how people say Node isn't good for big projects when fucking Netflix and Paypal use it two of the biggest sites on the planet one has streaming millions videos daily and the other has a million transactions daily

Attached: 1541793058250.gif (680x502, 179K)

another fucking java

Have you ever used nodejs? I hate learning js alternatives, I don't need to learn all this useless shit. Also, those companies have a lot more resources than you or mom and pop shops.

I work as an intern in a company that only hires interns. The first things the senior (oldest intern) teaches is javascript and node, then a meme framework. New recruits achieve regular work speed the first week, even brainlets that didn't know javascript don't fall behind and can do BE without problems. Really makes me think if javascript is bad for the webdev scene.

JS isn't bad at all, especially after ES6, there is a reason why its used for native apps, front-end, and back-end, and is very popular in all of them.

All you need to learn is plain HTML/CSS + React+ JS + Node/Express + MongoDB/SQL and you are fucking set to go to create whatever the fuck you want

Tj actually still primarily uses go. He uses js to maintain existing code bases and projects basically for new features to what's already been made.

Go is not a replacement for everything but a great replacement for what nodejs was made for I.e back end dev specifically back end apis. This is what both were designed to do and comparing them on that alone shows that nodejs is not great for back end given its still used widely for frontend dev and destroys go as that but the moment you start talking back end go wins. And for general applications do yourself a favor and use something better.

I know HTML. node/express, and SQL. I can just google CSS. I don't want to learn a shit ton of react. Seriously the only that stop me from developing a portal for ERP.

>Js is good at native apps
If you are talking about making 6 instances of chromium to run your calculator app sure thats great. It makes sure to use all your resources. But if for some odd reason you rather not throw your PC resources needlessly at chrome instances than no.its fucking trash

These benchmarks are dogshit. The rails implementation is spawning almost 100 worker processes and allocating a fuck ton of threads to each worker which can cause huge problems in long running Rails applications. They're also decreasing the memory available to each worker which in real scenarios can lead to workers crashing. Nice way to game shitty hello world benchmarks I guess.

Django's performance could be increased just by spawning more gunicorn workers and increasing CONN_MAX_AGE in the settings.

Other than LuaJIT, which isn't maintained anymore, the JavaScript implementations are far, far faster than any other dynamically typed language implementation. Even SBCL can't compete anymore while passing type hints.

Nobody who writes javascript and its frameworks has ever contributed something worthwhile to society. Just social media and web cancer.

>Tj actually still primarily uses go

Nope. Apex uses node for almost all their web development including new projects. They tried Go for a little while and dropped it for almost everything but command line utilities. Go is far too verbose and never worth using.

VS Code was made in JS and its based

Well, at least it's better designed than PHP.

>leftpad

imagine being so fucking lazy you don't even bother to write a simple left padding function, then one day it caused everything to fucking break.

>optimized komodo is made in js and its based
Nice try Steve

>Eventually everything will be on the web as it should
you are literally retarded

That's what you get with super permissive dynamic typing.

typeof NaN = gay

it's shit
vert.x is better, faster

to be honest 4th example doesn't only apply to JS, it's a problem with the floating point standart.

they use node.js to serve the frontend
Neither netflix nor paypal do any heavy lifting and processing with node.js you dumb pajeet, that is all done in Java

>Look up Deno
>Imports reference source code URLs only.
Jesus christ, he really didn't learn from making Go, did he? Is he insane?

Ofc all Jow Forums will think about any mainstream language is "nuh me don't like, me use new language created by Hungarian man last February cuz I really enjoy its niche use cases" because all Jow Forums are, are essential a load of cyber hipsters.

npm was garbage for a long time for the way it stored dependencies
you need to google for stuff like this github.com/npm/npm/issues/19883 and leftpad and is-odd

probably.
not that it costs much, but the insights that can be retrieved will be too big to pass up. the only code that's going to be exempt will be real timey control shit.

>Spoons are bad because they are rubbish at cutting.

Different tools for different jobs.
Node.js was never intended for "heavy lifting".
Whenever you need to do something heavy you just start a separate process with a callback.
>but but I am too brainlet to into callbacks
That's your problem, not Node.js

>literally "hello, world!" the benchmark

lmao

>Never done linux systems programming?

ya, and it's literally ass. Everything is ultra complex and the kernel feature might as well not exist until someone writes some massive framework to make it usable.

I use it for school projects, whenever I need a quick server to host something, p2p algorithms, blockchain, machine learning algorithms and test automation.

my latest project is raspberry pi docker cluster with a Node.js TCP client/server chat service replicated 5 times on the pi workers, that way if a service dies, the other 4 still maintain the chat alive, same with the raspberry’s, even if the entire system fails, the client app can serve the chat

Attached: 4L_2svHQ5nY.jpg (960x1280, 99K)

>my latest project is raspberry pi docker cluster with a Node.js TCP client/server chat service replicated 5 times on the pi workers, that way if a service dies, the other 4 still maintain the chat alive, same with the raspberry’s, even if the entire system fails, the client app can serve the chat
>this mumbo jambo of tech
yikes

this chick is clearly in search of a node, my guess is any node will do, preferably one who has money. $$$-diggin' trailer trash.
my number is 555_345_2405 call me sweet cheeks, anytime, I'll show you what a real node can do.

>dat reading comprehension

lmfao

>In this test, each request is processed by fetching multiple rows from a simple database table and serializing these rows as a JSON response. The test is run multiple times: testing 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20 queries per request. All tests are run at 256 concurrency.

>this isn't hello world tier
the only complex interaction is whatever the stupid database is doing.

Quick Q: I've been thinking of playing around with node on my mac. Should I install it with homebrew or with the package on their site?