Note: AMD no longer supports Radeon HD2000 and HD4000 series graphic processor units (GPUs)

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464619/windows-10-update-history

>Note: AMD no longer supports Radeon HD2000 and HD4000 series graphic processor units (GPUs).

>After updating to Window 10, version 1809, Microsoft Edge tabs may stop working when a device is configured with AMD Radeon HD2000 or HD4000 series video cards.

>Customers may get the following error code: "INVALID_POINTER_READ_c0000005_atidxx64.dll".

>Some users may also experience performance issues with the lock screen or the ShellExperienceHost. (The lock screen hosts widgets, and the ShellExperienceHost is responsible for assorted shell functionality).

>Workaround: To ensure a seamless update experience, we are blocking devices with AMD Radeon HD2000 and HD4000 series graphics processors from being offered Window 10, version 1809.

AYYMD HAS NO DRIVERS

Attached: a0x5d5Y9_400x400.jpg (400x400, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/6408/nvidia-releases-31033-beta-drivers-geforce-6-7-series-moved-to-legacy-status
anandtech.com/show/7857/nvidia-announces-legacy-support-plans-for-d3d10-generation-gpus
anandtech.com/show/5775/amd-hd-2000-hd-3000-hd-4000-gpus-being-moved-to-legacy-status-in-may
anandtech.com/show/7857/nvidia-announces-legacy-support-plans-for-d3d10-
anandtech.com/show/9815/amd-moves-pre-gcn-gpus-to-legacy
nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4654/~/support-plan-for-fermi-series-geforce-gpus
tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-nvidia-driver-updates-performance-tested,5707.html
youtube.com/watch?v=VGkA1BXtxd8
nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/112596/en-us
nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/132845/en-us
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1536711
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Wow

This is what people get for buying cheap shit. AMD is worse than Creative lmfao.

>my 4850 is finally obsolete

>Radeon HD2000 and HD4000 series graphic processor units
they haven't for over 6 years, what rock did you call out from under

and
>blaming AMD for microshit wangblows updates

Linux will always have Radeon drivers in the kernel.

Suck on that proprietary cock all you want now it's gone dry.

fucking communist.

FINE WINE

Attached: 1515103298143.png (1416x1248, 167K)

I can't hear you over the sound of my libre drivers working like they should, forever.

Attached: 1534544193930.jpg (432x324, 32K)

same, I just bought rx480 last month. very lucky.

>i shouldn't be able to use my own property

Attached: 555-come-on-now-realdonaldtrump-9681213.png (500x315, 245K)

Fine wine

Attached: Smile2.jpg (362x310, 48K)

meant to reply to

>Rocking that bald-at-a-young-age look instead of shaving the sides like a pussy ass bitch.
>New Balance Boomer Footwear
>Long white socks
>Middle-aged soccer mom white jeans
>Struggling 80s drug dealer shirt
>Pedophile glasses

Is this what a true alpha looks like?

Attached: 1538018753220.gif (500x491, 204K)

>inb4 xorg/wayland/gnome changes some shit and it stops working even if the kernel has drivers because linux drivers are shit
JUST

/s/linux drivers/linux userspace/ is shit

you realise those series are 11 and 10 years old respectively, right?

Debian stable, son

Attached: 1541350066743.jpg (800x500, 93K)

>AMD no longer supports Radeon HD2000 and HD4000

I'm quite fucking surprised they apparently still were.

Nvidia still supports geforce 6 series, from 2004.

No, Nvidia stopped support GF6/7 long ago

anandtech.com/show/6408/nvidia-releases-31033-beta-drivers-geforce-6-7-series-moved-to-legacy-status

GF8/9/200 driver support also ended end of 2016

anandtech.com/show/7857/nvidia-announces-legacy-support-plans-for-d3d10-generation-gpus

But Tesla microarchitecture has certainly been much better supported than AYYMD Turdscale abandoned garbage

anandtech.com/show/5775/amd-hd-2000-hd-3000-hd-4000-gpus-being-moved-to-legacy-status-in-may

Turdscale has been abandoned since 2012, fine wine my ass

They moved to legacy status when fermi came out, no optimizations for new games, no new performance gains

I will never forgive nvidia for fucking fermi out of Vulkan MERE MONTHS before it finally got good

Attached: 1525752195836.png (640x600, 536K)

No, Tesla only moved to legacy in 2014 when Maxwell came out

anandtech.com/show/7857/nvidia-announces-legacy-support-plans-for-d3d10-

>March 12, 2014

>imagine still being butthurt about a gpu arch 10 years later

What are you complaining about? Fermi drivers were updated till 2018, has WDDM 2.3 support on Windows 10, has OpenGL 4.6 support

AYYMD long abandoned their Turdscale garbage DX11 GPUs in 2015, faggots that bought these will be next to have compatibility issues

anandtech.com/show/9815/amd-moves-pre-gcn-gpus-to-legacy

>BUTTMAD AYYMDPOORFAGS WITH NO DRIVERS AND NO FINE WINE DETECTED

Nvidia, the only real fine wine

>Fermi drivers were updated till 2018
Meaningless since nvidia reserves game optimization for the newest arch, and lip service/bug fixes for the 3 older archs and the 4th oldest get all driver support cut. Meanwhile at AMD the 7970 still gets game optimizations and feature updates almost 7 years later.

Oldest card Nvidia still supports is the GTX 680, oldest one that still gets games optimization is the 1080 and thats prob going to stop in a few months.

No it doesn't

Fermi got game optimizations until April of this year

nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4654/~/support-plan-for-fermi-series-geforce-gpus

>Effective April 2018, Game Ready Driver upgrades, including performance enhancements, new features, and bug fixes, will be available only on Kepler, Maxwell, and Pascal series GPUs.

Stop lying if you don't know shit

Wrong, Kepler is getting driver support & game optimizations until 2020, exactly 8 years after 2012

Same with Fermi, Fermi got driver support from 2010 to 2018

Stop talking out of your ass if you don't know shit

>game ready drivers
>Fermi
Obviously you don't know how nvidias drivers work, when everyone was bitching about nvidia "gimping" kepler was just the effect of no game ready optimizations meanwhile its GCN counterpart kept getting priority optimization for newer games.

I'm a poorfag with a 4870. And each moment that paases makes me regret going AMD more and more. Their drivers might be more polished now but still have shit support. Should have went with a 260 desu.

>B-BUT NVIDIA SAID
Nvidia lies all the time and their driver support is shit on anything but the latest and greatest meanwhile AMD actually gives support on long EOL shit and will actually be honest when they intend on discontinuing drivers instead of releasing placebo shit that doesn't optimize for new games

>i bought a card 11 years ago and regret it now
Something tells me you are OP and also a faggot

Works on my machine running GNU/Pinux

Keep on lying to yourself if it makes you feel good

Nvidia, the only fine wine when it comes to driver support

AYYMD, lies about fine wine and got throughly debunked as MS shows today with the KB article :^)

Didn't someone test Kekler a while ago and it coudln't keep up with midrange first gen GCN, much less Tahiti/Hawaii?

>AMD is worse than Creative lmfao.
Don't tell me bullshit, Creative is worst, no one can beat them.

Microsoft breaks something in their excellent "delet these documents" update and somehow its AMDs fault that microshit breaks something with their botnet update

The GTX 200 series and even the 8000 got way better, longer and proper support. Since cata 11.2 it was just a number change. Win 8 drivers were broken and win 10 only offered stone age drivers via win update. Of course I'm mad. If intel iGPUs really get adaptive sync then I'll never consider AMD again unless Nvidia or Intel go bankrupt or go into single digit market share.

Reminder: tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-nvidia-driver-updates-performance-tested,5707.html

>hd2000
>hd4000
time to upgrade faggots

They still get security and bug fix updates.
AMD sour milk strikes AGAIN

Their gimping is fine but their video cards whine? And explode.

this forced obsolescence really sucks, I have an old laser printer+scanner combo.
With one windows update the scanner has just stopped working. No compatible drivers exist.
I have to choose between buying a new scanner or buying a micro server with linux (no idea if the scanner works on linux) to share the scanner on the network.

The drivers for the ATI cards were horrendous. Performance tab remained inaccessible, video tab disappeared, system would crash if you played a video with a game in the background, anything adobe ran like a POS or crashed, broken hardware acceleration, no real WDDM implementation especially in Windows 8 and 10, memory hog, shit like cursor disappearing and screen flickering that is still present in today's drivers, green artifacting on media and so on. All that from 12.6 version and up, broken and forgoten. If it wasn't for the modder community these cards wouldn't have been remembered as good value but complete garbage. And what's there not to say that once GCN gets replaced with or after Navi AMD won't do the same?

>companies should provide support for decade-old cards that are significantly less powerful than modern iGPUs and don't even support DX11, let alone DX12
"No."

Use your shilling money to buy a 2200G, Pajeet.

Don't remind me. Terrascale was really good on XP and Vista. Since 7 it went down the shitter. Zoomer AMD shills won't accept this.

Attached: E496F5AB1BD04B90953E41233B0D9F63.jpg (672x787, 31K)

Wait.... Shouldn't we be blaming ATI for this?

Those products are not even official AMD products that they actually made.

They don't even have the AMD branding ffs.

this can also be applied to the Terrascale/non-GCN cards.

ATI got bought by AMD waaay before all those cards were even released. Branding slowly changed from the 5xxx series and onwards. They are technically AMD cards.

this is only true for the HD 4000 series, but keep in mind; This architecture was probably still made under the pure ATI regime as GCN is probably the first pure AMD design.

No, they aren't. Check the changelogs, it's basically a version number bump for Fermi and Kepler.

These are ... these are over 10 year old GPUs. I'd expect them to be dead or failing about now.

ATI regime? The people working on the ATI Radeon group were the same people working under AMD. If anything they were even less since the acquisition. Talks of it were made back in late 2003 with small management changes. Their sloppy work on the drivers on the and pre 4K series has no room for excuse yet alone anything after. And now poopoo man Raja is sacking their current development team.

>The Seatle Supersonics are the same team as the Oklahoma City Thunder
you've lost, shill.

What about their Nvidia counterparts? Its only okay when AMD has shit support?

>strawman
>ad hominem
Okay, kiddo.

Meanwhile over in the midrange
youtube.com/watch?v=VGkA1BXtxd8

Attached: AMD is love.jpg (2560x1440, 226K)

A 10 year old PC has a Core 2 or some AM2+ CPU which are still usable CPUs today and plenty are still in use. (Just think in less than 2 years a 10 year old PC will have an i7)
I get why Microsoft has to dump these GPUs but 10 years for a PC an't shit now a days. where not in the 90's anymore

>be me
>oh no this is horrible
>only for windows
>mainly for edge
>we live in a timeline where proprietary crap gets the driver problems

Attached: 45825715_2475965365778870_6880129977140903936_n.png.jpg (640x400, 31K)

Where do you even get those series? The cheapest shit you can find is the HD6450

>the just now released 3rd itterarion of polaris which not only costs more but also has a power draw of a fury has couple of more frames than a 3 year old card, finally!
Woah.

The GeForce 200 series already stopped getting regular updates back in April, and they're only getting security updates until January 2019.
You're either a retard or a shitposter, as if there's any difference.

Oh, definitely, they could still be in use. I use to have a 4850 and a 4870 around that time, on two different setups. You don't need to tell me, about those. And yeah, I paid good money for both of those cards, back then. But what are you gonna do with them today? They're not gonna support any new technologies, you're not gonna be able to game on them, unless in the extremely, extremely low end, or at least you're gonna play old games, which won't benefit from newer drivers. At this point its not worth getting a newer driver version for those cards. And, imho, that goes for nvidia cards as well.

No, GeForce 8/9/200 drivers stopped in December 2016

nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/112596/en-us

You mean Fermi, which will only get security updates from April onwards

nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/132845/en-us

Every GPU does this, you stupid fuck. Nvidia shill just trying to grasp at straws here. Old ass cards, why would you be running Windows 10 with them? Also, use Linux you dumb fucking fuck.

I stand corrected but my point was actually strengthened.

my old laptop has an ATI xpress mobility x1200 chip in it, officially unsupported since like windows 8's release, but where there's a will there's a way

forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1536711

No, it's not

AYYMD abandoned Turdscale driver support in 2012 and 2015, proving the company is garbage at supporting customers while Nvidia supported customers for 8 years, the best in the industry

And the AMD cards stopped getting any support back in late 2012 and they ended up being broken too. At least Nvidia offered WDDM and bugfix support under Windows 10 which with AMD stopped with 7.

>HD2000/HD4000 series
who still uses these?

bro not even the amd shills recommend that card

Difference is Nvidia did support their older cards under Windows 10 and 8 while AMD did not.

No one is building PCs with these parts anymore, people still using HD 2000/4000 are people who upgraded there old PC to Windows 10 since the PC itself is still well supported.

>they could
People are still using them even if there stupidly old and can't do modern games because they still work for what they originally purchased them for.
Hell I got an uncle with some dell that had some 4000 series card and has had no reason to change systems because it still plays his flight simulator he also has went from Vista to win7 to just here recently Windows 10 since he wanted to wipe it

Then why are you shitposting about Windows not supporting it in 2018?

It's one of the many reasons they are now complete shit and unusable on Windows 10 while the older Nvidia cards still work fine.

Cool, I guess.

Does your uncle also do new driver installs on the regular, for his old gpu? I'm surprised his flight simulator even works on Win10.

There are hd 4000 cards on ebay, mostly macfag boomers buy those cards and others for older software compatibility

fuck AMD but bless the modders they saved so many systems

So it's Microsoft's/windows fault.

what are you talking about decade old nvidia cards still work on wangblows 10

hahahhahahahhahahha nvidiots got buttblasted while calling AMD names

The drivers he uses are whatever Windows 10 gave him.
HD 2000, 3000 and 4000 really haven't had proper AMD support for years but Windows 10 still will install basic drivers for those cards to give them there full functionality sans the catalyst control center

>meanwhile at AMD the 7970 still gets game optimizations and feature updates

Not really

its exclusively microsoft's doing, the card still works same as it ever did. MS has gradually moved their window manager to new tech which old drivers don't support (while still actually supporting the old tech for enterprise backwards-compatibility). they then push those new technical requirements on all drivers they sign and distribute, so eventually AMD is forced to either officially "drop" it or write new code for a card none of its engineers have touched for years.

since the problem is with Edge, LTSC won't have this issue, so I'll switch next time i want to reformat the laptop.

Well, guess my 2010 Athlon X2 notebook wont be getting the latest Win10 version. That's... bad i guess?

>Workaround: To ensure a seamless update experience, we are blocking devices with AMD Radeon HD2000 and HD4000 series graphics processors from being offered Window 10, version 1809.

Attached: 1539153400752.gif (360x238, 1.43M)

NO ;-;

What is it about Windows 10 1809 that breaks the graphics card performance anyway? Can't MS just revert that change rather than blocking the whole update?

I have an MSI HD4850 and a ASUS HD4870.
Both don't have proper Win10 drivers in the first place, only the microsoft shitty one.

The ASUS HD4870 overheats in games even after a repaste, black screens while the computer still runs and would not work until you shut it down and let it cool off, wouldn't stay stable even when I got another 12cm fan blowing on it.

The MSI 4850 faired a bit better but has virtually no video acceleration and shit.

Pulled them and got a el cheapo GTX 650, been happy since.

Attached: asus.jpg (500x500, 45K)

You expect too much from pajeets and women

>Microsoft Edge tabs
Oh no

>get your own property taken away from you
>"haha, good thing I still got my own libre property"
>REEEE COMMUNIST

???

linux doesn't have this problem :^)

there are working hd2000 series and hd4000 series cards?
Why are they using windows 10?
Why are people bragging about Nvidia supporting cards for 8 years when the hd4000 series launched 10 years ago?

I have so many questions and the answer to all of them is people are retarded

Attached: 1497481159887.png (427x467, 271K)

if you still have card that old you can upgrade virtually for free

On a serious note, are Nvidia agents spamming forums again with stories about bad AMD drivers? It sure looks like it last days.