Best linux distro for daily use and why? Not for games

Best linux distro for daily use and why? Not for games.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-16 19-29-24.png (1600x900, 3.18M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/gnu/about-gnu.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ubuntu cuz it's the only desktop distro

Debian testing

GEntoo

>Rubbish Bin

Solus os

Ubuntu Mate

FEDORA
CENTOS
RHEL

RED HAT IS BASED

Any GNU distro is good. Use the one you like.
My personal advice, if you are lazy to configure something, use any distro non-rolling release. If you love newest software and love configuring things go for any rolling release distro. If you like to control everything, install any distro that has net install.

Don't listed to the idiot memes. It's pop!_os. It's just plain ubuntu with a nice minimal skin, and it's maintained by a hardware company. It even comes with Nvidia drivers if that's your thing.

No such thing as "gnu distro".

Ubuntu and Fedora.

Debian testing for if you're confirmed, otherwise Ubuntu even though I dislike its default setup and the addware it has sadly become.

GuixSD with Hurd kernel

No one uses that shit.

Kubuntu 18.04.1 LTS + Linux 4.19 LTS

Gentoo because it does everything
>Linux 4.19 stable
>LTS
literally what

MX linux. God tier shit right there. try it,you wont regret. you get the full debian kernel and some really usefull tools for backups and reimaging amongst others.

solus
its fast

Completely useless for work, especially daily work, even if you were employed to fix it. This train wreck is the reason RMS put his lemonade stand on Linus' front lawn, interjecting ceaselessly.

>Best linux disto
>GuixSD with Hurd kernel

Put me down for Solus too. Though as a comprise Ubuntu Budgie ain't bad.

Everyone else should fuck off

Attached: Tiny_Core_Linux_Desktop.png (1024x768, 28K)

Microsoft Ubuntu

IBM® Red Hat® Fedora™ 29 is the patrician's distro of choice. A clean interface and up to date libraries with out of the box Flatpak™ integration. What's not to like?

>Gentoo
because meta-distros will always be better.

But why not Debian stable?

it just works, unironically.Have tried mint, lubuntu, mate, suse, ubuntu, none of them have worked as fine without tuning as mx linux.

Check understanding Debian infographic

Honestly, OpenSUSE Tumbleweed is bretty good.

zypper is a little slow, but it werks.

What's even the reason to use Linux for daily use? Shit breaks all the time and you need to find workarounds to get anything to work properly.

that's a pretty dumb question because every distro can game. you may get the best performance from a distro with newer packages but the boost is so small it's not even worth it
what the fuck is happening to this board? why are there so many tech illiterates? linux literally just works now unless you have some piece of shit gaymer hardware that requires drivers

Cool, can Linux run my Japanese VNs? Last time I ran Linux (Manjaro 2 years ago) an update killed my whole system. Programs would open and instantly close. I couldn't do shit.

in my experience, it took a little bit of getting used to but now it work fine, nothing ever breaks and it's great for daily use

>Shit breaks all the time and you need to find workarounds to get anything to work properly.
I use a rolling release and it has worked perfectly since install about 6 months ago.

Hell, even printer drivers were available for my network printer.

they may work through wine and wine and wine has improved quite a bit. manjaro is a piece of shit

Objectively MX Linux, configure it a little your liking and you'll have a pretty good desktop distro with non sysd!

>manjaro is a piece of shit

So I'm just supposed to trust another Linux distro? What happens when that one breaks or I encounter some limitation that forces me back to usable Windows?

What is your daily work like?

>linux literally just works
Not them but no it doesn't just work as you're implying but does just barely/mostly/not-really work. I really wish you guys would stop lying about Ubuntu in particular just working, it doesn't. It does just install for me but not everyone else. I suspect the other versions of Linux are just as bad or worse but I don't actually know.

Not him, but I have not run Windows as a daily driver for over three years. Never has a system been in such a state that you mention. Went from Xubuntu 16.04 to Debian Testing, then to Tumbleweed.

I pretty much use it for document editing and browsing, but have also played Civ V and a couple other gaymes

i like tinycore actually

ill say slackware, i use it as my daily driver, it just works and is comfy and i can do whatever i want

>document editing and browsing

Wow, it can do the bare minimum!

Learn how to tell good distros from bad ones you fucking infant.

Why is Manjaro shit and which distro should I trust for daily use that doesn't require Googling fixes every 5 minutes?

ubuntu or Open Suse

Why pay for windows on a machine that does what I need that's free as in freedom and beer?

Lemme guess, you do CAD and Photoshop?

Since January I've lost local networking capabilities in my Windows PC, also my family and neighbor can't share their printers or folders anymore. Local networking is vital for me, and tried so many workarounds and it all failed or made it work just a few hours before breaking again. Linux solved my issues with it.

Solus.

I enjoy playing the occasional game but I use VNs to study Japanese. VNs and all the tools for them are only available on Windows.

gnu.org/gnu/about-gnu.html

>Check understanding Debian infographic
What did he mean by this?

Attached: confuseded.jpg (160x160, 4K)

what desktop environment is that?

gnu/pottering/foot os

openSUSE Leap/Tumbleweed, Mint, Debian, Ubuntu, Red hat, Fedora

Any popular distribution should do, Linux is like Lego blocks. They come assembled (apart from arch) and you have the liberty to disassemble and reassemble as you wish. Go with something like Mint, Manjaro, or Ubuntu. Won't recommend Ubuntu though, a bit of spyware it is. But if you're an absolute spoon feeding thirsty baby go for it.