/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 493870 animal_ears atago_(azur_lane) azur_lane bikini erect_nipples headphones misako swims (1920x1080, 877K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mX39noNkJeE
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.monstarlab.steinsgatealarm
head-fi.org/showcase/m-o-mooh-be00bt-beryllium-acoustic.22808/reviews
mediafire.com/file/8dr7hp34vq11aag/HD58X evaluation.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for beyer

Attached: DD1DD7F5-0B8D-4840-8CB2-0C1535CFE5B2.jpg (4032x3024, 2.31M)

Third for atom-chan

i want milk

help me with the peace eq apo pls

/hpg/ is now an Anime-free zone
Anime will be punished by spanking

Attached: 1542114069362.gif (400x300, 106K)

I want to say that OP is a good OP .

Thank you.

It's technically almost headphones: I'm looking for a new headset. Yes, it will be used for gaming. PC to be specific. New to looking for higher quality audio gear because I've gone the cheap route for years. I've replaced so many headsets (about one every year to year and a half), I'm at the point where fuck it, paying more for something that isn't a POS is simply worth it.
>budget
Not above $90, hoping for some sales next week.
>location
USA
>source
It's just going into my motherboard, so either aux or usb works.
>type of headphone
wtf does IEM mean? I just want a full sized headset.
>open or closed
I'd say I would prefer the sound not leak out and keeping external noise down would be appreciated. So closed?
>comfort level
I'll take what I can get for the price, I expect to wear them for 1-4 hours straight and not hurt.

Last thought: Strongly leaning towards wireless. I've had too many cables twist to shit over the years I'm fed up with cable management.

coolermaster mh751

rebrand of the takstar pro 82
youtube.com/watch?v=mX39noNkJeE

when i plug my headphones into my amp (old rotel ra-820) through the headphone jack on the front (1/4 inch jack), i get sound through the headphones but the sound keeps playing through the speakers, which i dont want.
am i missing something or is my amp just old and stupid

you're welcome, now call and a dumb nigger

headsets suck, you can get perfectly good clip on mics for ~5 burgerbucks if not less to use with your much better value headphone

And I've heard enough bitching from my friends "can't hear you, it's too low" "what is that static?" "I can hear your background" to know that if you pay $5 for a mic you get a mic worth $5: absolute dogshit.

My friends kept telling me all that until I got a modmic and behringer audio interface. That's my current endgame for input, too bad headphone output on the behringer sucks.

Attached: BB86F36E-CD5A-44A2-A3D9-35665763903C.jpg (3934x2789, 2.57M)

I had a Microsoft headset once, the sound wasn't outstanding but was passable, but the mic was great. There's probably a new version of it.
HyperX Cloud 2 people say it's great, so check that out. Don't buy their Cloud Core model, it sucks.

I read good things about Sennheiser PC37X and their Game One headset too.

Is this the most up-to-date infographic?

Attached: latest-1.jpg (1600x2966, 1.82M)

Is this meme? Will it produce better output then shitty laptop?

Attached: HTB1BSxvpER1BeNjy0Fmq6z0wVXaA.jpg (800x800, 176K)

It's quite old at this point.

>T1
>OG LCD2
Outdated as fuck

Is this the most up-to-date infographic?

Attached: 1274696527127.png (1920x1080, 490K)

Nobody ever says they can't hear me and this is a reasonably cheap usb mic.

Attached: 2018-11-16 22.32.37-1.jpg (693x583, 292K)

maybe you should do your settings right then you dumb nigger gaymer only possible thing going wrong is the clip snapping if you're a dumb fucking clumsy nigger which I'm sure you are

those are old as fuck

Attached: 1536541437085.png (1536x2800, 1.57M)

Been using this EQ setting with my HD6XXs for the past half year or so now because stock sounds like everything is underwater. Just thought I would visit the thread to ask if there is anything I can do to "improve" on it. The goal here was to make it more flat according to the innerfidelity measurement.

Attached: HD6XX.png (829x828, 51K)

based

>M50
>DT770PRO instead of COP
>HD558

wide pride world wide

Attached: 20181117_084601.jpg (3264x1836, 1.05M)

Ok i want to know. I get it if you like watching anime. I mean, i used to watch dbz. I even watched a shitload of other animes, but what i don't get are the highschool/dancing/singing animes and how it's so endorsed here. What gives? Aren't you ashamed if someone walks in and sees anime statues or pillows in your house?

there is no danger of this happening as weeaboos do not have friends

normie get out REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: (you).jpg (565x500, 99K)

Your mistake is assuming anyone would walk into their rooms in the first place

>implying i have friends that would visit
Idols are all I need

Attached: 1526120045776.jpg (378x485, 40K)

Cute. Cute!

Got a pair of possibly '80s Koss Pro4/AAs today for $20.
I say possibly because they have air filled pads instead of oil like the originals or foam like the new ones, the plug is soldered very "old style" with lots of extra flux, and even though they're in really good shape externally, some of the foam behind the pads is degrading which says to me these are quite old. I have a set of the new ones and they're identical externally but are a bit lighter with thicker foam behind the pads and foam filled ear cups with stiffer vinyl.

I know some audiophiles tend to shit on the Pro4/AAs for being heavy old ear clamps with muffled sound, but all they need is a good amp to drive them and they are absolutely phenomenal (even if they are still ear clamps). Once the cans are happy with your input levels they deliver balanced sound with really incredible bass response that doesn't muddy up the rest of the sound like you might find in more modern 'phones.

Attached: wonder.jpg (1450x609, 88K)

Your mom didn't seem to care

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Good op.
Damn right.

Attached: 1531295351295.png (1280x720, 3.89M)

No need to be hostile, i'm just curious. I mean i kinda get it. They're cute. (Not to the point where i would use a wallpaper though) But if there's not at least a story that interests me, that cuteness is not enough to let me keep watching an anime.. how do you guys do it?

Speaking of Koss, how does their Massdrop electrostats fare against Staxes?

Do watch Love Live with HD600. Maybe then you'll understand.

Attached: 1516613194388.png (1280x720, 769K)

Ok i promise i will at least watch the first two pisodes and come back here to discuss what i thought, if it changed my view.

There's no harm in continuing for a third.

Show us your feet. Do you have anime headphone girl feet friends?

Just based on the other Koss products I've owned I'd figure they're probably going to be more durable than the Stax, if that matters to you.

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.monstarlab.steinsgatealarm
I want this, but it's not available in Ireland. Fuck.

Attached: 1521306559335.png (1280x1762, 2.48M)

Hi guys. i need a mid-range wireless over-ear headphone for mobility issues. I know i know, wireless sucks hard but i need them. So, i don't want to spend 1trilion burgerdollar for low bluethoot quality shit, then i'm on two choice, sennheiser hd 4.40 (i don't want active NC, hurt as fuck) or the Audio-technica ath-sr5bt. Can you help me make this decision, or a better one?

Attached: toothshit.jpg (425x425, 15K)

head-fi.org/showcase/m-o-mooh-be00bt-beryllium-acoustic.22808/reviews
[YouTube] URBANFUN - TS1 (Beryllium driver headphones)
[YouTube] Z Review - RBH HP-2 (Berylliummmmmm)

$150, pad swap with nvx or hm5 angled pads

It's available to other people in my region.
What the fuck?!? Does Google Play hate Oneplus3 or LineageOS or something?

>Does Google Play hate Oneplus3 or LineageOS or something?
why are you using google play if you are rooted. degoogle yourself faggot

Because some idol rhythm games require it for the account.

Good, good.

pirate them

Yes I could do that, but I'm no poorfag and that's like a last resource. This is like 1€ or something according to friend who can buy it.
I have no idea what's going on literally.

No dust cover plus lint producing pads are not a good combination, only worth the money if you live in the US and don't mind sending them for repair each year

anyone know if a nx4 can power a dt880 600ohm?

Looking for a closed, very comfortable headphone around 400$.
Out of those, which isolate best?

>TR-X00 (including variants)
>argon mk3 / T60RP / T40RP
>Emu teak
>monoprice m1060c
>beyer dt 1770
>beyer dt 770
>ATH A1000Z

Is there anything else I should consider?
Also, went to a store today and tried the Fostex TH900 mk2s, Beyer 1770, Shure SRH1540, meze 99 neo and others, and I have to say that my ears seem to be bad at telling a difference. So it comes down to isolation (fuck my flatmates) and comfyness for me

Attached: 1523786611421.png (600x600, 18K)

It should, just.

Not with a lot of headroom but yeah

So I'm pretty new, but you guys helped me out a few threads ago after I got memed on a headphone purchase from /v/.
Anyways, I've finally gotten my HD 58x and my Fiio E10k in. Got it hooked up and listening to this recomended test playlist of either flac or kbps mp3s
It's blowing my mind since previously I'd been using a $30 dollar pair hd 681's.
I'm a little scared though that maybe I'm just psyching myself that it really sounds this good to justify my purchase- something I'm paranoid about anything I buy when the sticker price is over $50.

Attached: Neat.png (431x835, 84K)

>I have to say that my ears seem to be bad at telling a difference
desu I think this might be me when I finally get the HD 600...

Dumb nigger

If I get the HD 600 soon I'll tell you if it's acksually really good or not. As an average consumer here.

>winamp
Are you from 20 years ago?

Don't expect anything mind blowing. I notice a huge difference going down though

We told you, user.
Now go watch Love Live.

Attached: 1524646747936.png (663x880, 577K)

Anyone got his dx3 shipped out? Mine's still on process

"Awaiting shipping", user.

Attached: 1542173073707.png (879x726, 650K)

Please do. I'm super new to all this, and more than likely I won't be making an upgrade any time soon with something this expensive, but I'd like to hear from another average consumer what they think of the next step up.

>Are you from 20 years ago?
U-Uh, is winamp no longer any good? I know they stopped updating but it's worked fine for me for years.
Should I use something else?

Hey! Thank you for your help last time!

Attached: Second Test Playlist, all my stuff this time still FLAC and 320 mp3s.png (699x812, 536K)

>closed shit, lotsa
Get HD600. It'll blow your mind.

TR -x00 and T60rp are more open than close, isolation is really poor
The dt770 and 1770 are known for isolating really well and being comfy

>Should I use something else?
Consider foobar2000.
>Hey! Thank you for your help last time!
I'm glad you got yourself something decent. But beware I remember about your watching Love Live promise.

Attached: 1542381689278.png (705x1000, 1.42M)

hd600 is a sidegrade to the hd58x considering the hd58x can be modded to turn it into an HD660S. the upgrade to the hd58x/hd6x0 is stax

He needs isolation you moron

Can you use any old felt or does it have to be a specific kind?

I don't know, the guide is here
mediafire.com/file/8dr7hp34vq11aag/HD58X evaluation.pdf

Your options are HD660S, HD800(S) and stax (L700).
It can be made to sound closer, but they do not use the same driver.

Every closedfag thinks he needs isolation.
Until they hear HD600 and abandon such retarded ideas, that is.

Maybe you have me confused with someone else, I don't remember making such a promise. But I will at least 3-episode rule it since you asked nicely.

Thanks user. I'm assuming that's true for the EMU teaks as well?
Do you know anything about the ATH or monoprice in that regard?

Fair enough. 3 is a good one to get to.

Attached: 1534576358387.png (650x844, 379K)

You are beautiful.

That is not me, I did not say that.

It isn't you.
I want to address my love to your headphones.

>Your options are HD660S
>but they do not use the same driver.
your buyers remorse is gross. people don't even prefer the hd660 over the hd600 so why are you recommending it as an upgrade

>stax (L700).
this is also wrong, L300 is as good or better than the hd800 and definitely better than the hd660/hd600. you don't need an L700 to upgrade

what color is your dx3

What about the L300LE? I like the gold plate on it?

it's the L700

BUT user its cheaper than the L700 and it has a gold plate on it!

yes. that is also true.

Should I get it as an upgrade from the HD 600 user? what kind of sound signature does it have?

EU PostNL, been awaiting since sunday, 2 anons said they had theirs shipped a few threads ago but no info on region/delivery
one russia user in soundcard thread he's still waiting too

>Should I get it as an upgrade from the HD 600 user?
why wouldn't you
>what kind of sound signature does it have?
better, in every way

Black. Styled after many a bestgirl's hair.

Attached: 1533783707769.png (600x800, 457K)

Is this the dx3 PRO?

Yeah, I ordered myself one.
The girl is umi, from Love Live.

Attached: 1522668341392.png (600x800, 379K)

Good night, user.

Attached: 1514186382167.png (1300x970, 1.46M)

Every time I bring a girl over to fuck I show her my battlestation and the visual novels I play to study Japanese.

Nice. You think it would have trouble driving an HD 800?