DXR runs better on the $400 Vega 64 than the $1000 2080ti

Oh no no no...

For some reason, requires a workaround to enable even though it runs fine on Vega.
Better FPS at 1440p on Vega64 than 1080p with the 2080ti.

Attached: vivaldi_2018-11-16_17-40-38.jpg (1499x1316, 373K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.guru3d.com/threads/rx-vega-owners-thread-tests-mods-bios-tweaks.416287/page-48#post-5607107
ebay.com/itm/SAPPHIRE-Radeon-RX-Vega-64-DirectX-12-21275-03-20G-8GB-2048-Bit-HBM2-PCI-Express/382598638615?epid=10025627499&hash=item5914a7ec17:g:hMEAAOSw0QBbyyjA:rk:2:pf:0
twitter.com/ZigguratVertigo/status/1037250349898321920/photo/2
forum.beyond3d.com/threads/ray-tracing-meaningful-performance-metrics-and-alternatives-spawn.60873/page-21#post-2049521
computerbase.de/2018-09/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-test/6/#diagramm-gpu-compute-radeon-pro-renderer-baikal
dsogaming.com/news/no-amd-users-you-cannot-enable-the-real-time-ray-tracing-rtx-effects-on-the-vega-64-or-other-amd-gpus/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Pay $1300 for raytracing 15-20% more performance than 1080 ti
>Raytracing is done better by a competitor's card which is 1/3 of the price

link?

if you believe this you are too stupid to be talking about graphics hardware

i forgot to yikes at the end

forums.guru3d.com/threads/rx-vega-owners-thread-tests-mods-bios-tweaks.416287/page-48#post-5607107

>$400
lmao where?

>link

It is missing the denoising, which is done through specific DXR extensions by Nvidia.
Denoising can be done on regular cores, though. The game just doesn't support it. Vega can actually denoise really well with the fp16/int8.

Vega 64 was already known to do ray tracing better than the 1080Ti. 2080Ti isn't tremendously more powerful. The big bottleneck is on SHADING the rays using the regular cores. The RT cores hardly accelerate ray tracing because of that. The tensor cores also don't accelerate denoising that much better than regular cores can do it.

If you don't believe that Nvidia paid developers to hold back raytracing from their competitor, even though DXR is an open API that will run on their competitor's hardware, you're either delusional or shitposting.

>lmao where
ebay.com/itm/SAPPHIRE-Radeon-RX-Vega-64-DirectX-12-21275-03-20G-8GB-2048-Bit-HBM2-PCI-Express/382598638615?epid=10025627499&hash=item5914a7ec17:g:hMEAAOSw0QBbyyjA:rk:2:pf:0
New, fulfilled by Newegg.
Not sure if it includes the games or not. If it does, it's an insane deal. Message Newegg support and ask.

Who cares when the game looks the same? They even directly admit that they can barely tell the difference.

Those screenshots are SSR. This guy enabled an option that does nothing on his hardware.

Ayymd has had raytracing for a while.
Nvidia just has specific ML optimized cores on their 20 series cards.
The problem is that raytracing is extremely computationally expensive to do and the Vega series are compute monsters.
It's hardly surprising desu

Meanwhile in the midrange.
javascript:quote('68526586');

>assembled build almost a year ago
>1600 with 1080
>would have fucking bought the V64 if they were available
Thanks miners

>It is missing the denoising
so it is a vastly inferior experience compared to playing battlefield on nvidia hardware, gotcha.

No, flicking an option doesn't magically make missing hardware functionality appear. It's like people claiming better fps on Linux(no fucking shit considering half the effects are missing).

The 1080ti actually has more compute power because of Pascal boost pushing it to around 13TF and routinely beats it in opencl benches. Turing is a monster that makes vega look like a toy in actual computing task.

>missing hardware functionality
That's why people have been playing with using ray tracing in Quake since years

It's hard to tell the difference at times, but the reflection of the trees on the water really doesn't look like it could be SSR.

Vega's double rate half precision can emulate tensor cores at pretty good performance, is the thing. Yeah, raytracing is compute heavy and Vega is a compute monster, as you say.

Only because the denoising isn't implemented by the developers of the game for Vega, yes.

You are actually retarded.

This is really weird, and someone at nVidia, MS and/or DICE screwed up big time. Yes, the Vega is a compute monster, but the fact is that raytracing (in actual raytracing software, not BFV) is massively sped up by RTX cores. I've seen 24FPS (lol cinematic I know) raytracers running on RTX that wouldn't be possible on AMD. So my hunch is that there's something fucked up along the driver stack. Of course it's always possible that BFV just has a workload that's much faster with Vega. I eagerly await more news.

>Vega's double rate half precision can emulate tensor cores at pretty good performance, is the thing. Yeah, raytracing is compute heavy and Vega is a compute monster, as you say.
You're aware the 2080ti also has double rate fp16 right? And its tensor cores are capable of >100TF fp16

twitter.com/ZigguratVertigo/status/1037250349898321920/photo/2

EA seed experts say turing is 3 to 6 times faster on RT than Volta

Or vega simply isnt running it because AMD hasn't said anything about supporting the dx raytracing subset in any live drivers

Because quake specifically had a ray tracing option for all possible future GPUs, right? I'm not saying ray tracing is impossible on vega, it absolutely is, I'm saying that the instructions meant to run on rtx won't run on vega, what's happening is, at best, it just ignores the errors and the faggot from OP got a case of placebo. Or more likely rtx has stuff not related to ray tracing to assist it and it got enabled.

It's using DXR, which Microsoft demonstrated running on pre-RTX hardware. There's probably a compute shader fallback.

forum.beyond3d.com/threads/ray-tracing-meaningful-performance-metrics-and-alternatives-spawn.60873/page-21#post-2049521

>They are forcing the menu to show on for DXR, via ini editing .. It's a cheap trick. It's on in appearance, but not in function.

Don't believe the lies of AYYMDPOORFAGS

This is just SSR garbage

Also this faggot OP reposting the same shit thread that was throughly DEBUNKED, how pathetic in life can one get?

MS is not at fault here.
DXR is actually a great API. Nvidia has a small few extensions for denoising that they add to it which they are paying developers to use rather than just using generic DXR.
DICE has super talented developers whose hands are just tied.

It's only Nvidia fucking up here because they know their product is shit.

>he fact is that raytracing (in actual raytracing software, not BFV) is massively sped up by RTX cores
How much is massively? Nvidia claimed 10x, then retracted to 8x, then 6x, but really it appears to be around 2.5-3.5x in real world applications as shading the rays is the real bottleneck, not simply detecting intersections.
And that's compared to big GP Quadro.
Compared to Vega64, well Vega64 is a lot faster than the 1080Ti at both ray tracing and denoising to begin with, so the 2080Ti gains are a lot smaller over it.

This is a possibility as well, but it's also likely due to the fact that all the developers implementing DXR at the moment are also being paid to by Nvidia and using Nvidia's special extensions only.

>There's probably a compute shader fallback
Not even.
It's the Turing driver that takes the DXR instructions and has them use the RT cores for intersections. It's nothing special in DXR with fallbacks.

>I'm saying that the instructions meant to run on rtx won't run on vega
And what you're saying is wrong, as has already been pointed out before your post.
DXR runs on Vega.
The only thing special to RTX cards is the Nvidia denoising extensions.
That doesn't mean denoising can't also be done on Vega. It can be done quite well, better than on a 1080Ti.

You dont need rtx hardware but you do need drivers. Oems can easily whip up a garbage driver just for demos. Nvidia did it with dx12 a year before dx12 actually even went live

RadeonRays has been around for a while.

You're the one that's shit

Nvidia has greatest products and you know it

Faster? No, Turing absolutely destroys Pooga garbage in compute

computerbase.de/2018-09/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-test/6/#diagramm-gpu-compute-radeon-pro-renderer-baikal

All your lies have been DEBUNKED HARD in your previous thread and you still trying to post your FUD everywhere

SOPA MACACO. PLS PAY ME IN COFFEE BEANS NVIDIA!

>A vague claim on a forum as source
>no side by side comparisons to show this looks the same as SSR and not DXR
The tree reflection in the water really doesn't look like SSR, so I'm not convinced.
But even if that's true, it goes to show what a joke DXR is to perform so badly yet hardly improve visuals.

Damn. The 1080 really sucks.

> How much is massively?
6-8x sounds about right. Note that shading in a VFX scene is much more intensive than in BFV, where you just need to fetch a couple of textures. I expect shadows and reflections to be bound mostly by ray-triangle intersection speed, which is what RTX accelerates.

>But even if that's true, it goes to show what a joke DXR is to perform so badly yet hardly improve visuals.
This is actually the best thing about it.
Ray tracing is such a wonderful thing (even justifying insane prices) that nobody can tell if it's on or off.

Stop trying to change topic to the 1080

The 1080 is a great card that embarasses a 300W HOUSEFIRES garbage in so many games

Keep on being butthurt over the fact Pooga is a pure garbage GPU that gets stomped on by a 1080

Dude, what is it with you and fecal matter baby talk? You're not a disgusting street shitter, are you?

Are you salty because Vega housefires do ray tracing better than your 1080?

Imagine being paid by some guy in a leather jacket to post this pathetic level of absolute damage control everywhere in order to prevent investors from knowing the jig is up.

6-8x might be right for unshaded ray bounces. I didn't contest that.
It's not right for actual real world shaded gigaray/s. For that it's more around 2.5-3.5x.
I did some math and research on RTX announcement and largely found these numbers, and nothing has changed recently to show otherwise.

Hun, your own link shows that Vega64 is about 50% better than the 1080. Even my Vega 56 is better than a 1080 and it cost around half as much.

It really is. It's hilarious. Hitman2 largely looks and runs better.

>For some reason, requires a workaround to enable even though it runs fine on Vega
>For some reason
We know exactly why

Attached: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.bestofmicro.com%2Fext%2FaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9YL1YvMTYzMjE5L2 (360x250, 129K)

dsogaming.com/news/no-amd-users-you-cannot-enable-the-real-time-ray-tracing-rtx-effects-on-the-vega-64-or-other-amd-gpus/

DEBUNKED HARD WITH NO SURVIVORS

TRY AGAIN, FAGGOT OP

First time I've heard of Pascal beating Vega in raw compute.

Can some one actually try and post on YT?

Lmao the DXR reflections look so similar that people can't tell the difference. DOA.

>ray tracing
>'reflections' don't even match the physical environment

If you look at the pictures it's clearly not real-time ray tracing.

Well the important thing is about raytracing is that its not sleight of hand. It actually models how light works in real time. So you can have dynamic scenes that just weren't possible before. It might not look that impressive now, but when the technology matures it will really be a paradigm shift in rendering like the switch to programmable shaders.

>scambay
official newegg site is listing the same card at $439.99

>it just works how it works in real life
WOAH

Attached: Ready To eXhale.png (2560x1440, 2.21M)

Give it to me straight, do I get a Vega 64 or a 1080 ti for gaming?

1080Ti man, more VRAM, and most games are Nvidia biased, so yeah. t. gtx 1070 strix owner.

Vega, especially for Linux.

Vega64 is what, 80% the performance for half the price?
Do you want to pay double for 25% higher performance? Then get the 1080ti.
Or if you're on Linux, AMD is the only choice, anyway.

>but when the technology matures
ray tracing is decades old

what about at 1440p?

I had a feeling this was not real. But it was fun poking fun at the RTX defenders while it lasted.

My Vega56 does everything at 1440p 60fps+ fine, even MHW.
Vega does take a little tweaking to really get the most out of it, though. You can get around ~7% higher performance just clocking the memory higher in a few minutes of messing with it. But if you really want the most out of it and more efficiency, it takes some fucking around. Can take hours even. To me that's fun, but it's not for everyone.

Yeah. Lmao.

Denoising is easy AF amd can add that to their drivers in a matter of weaks.

AMD has the ray-tracing long time ago, it's called "Radeon Rays". So yes, ray-tracing would run better on Vega.

So this new features looks so close to the old one, that people can't tell the difference?
What am I paying for?

Lmfao exactly.
That's the irony of this false flag.

If linux: Vega
If windows: 1080Ti

OY
GE
VALT

Being stupid enough to think this would magically work.
It runs better because the only thing that changes is the option says on instead of off

Here this is for you retards

Attached: Untitled.png (618x369, 44K)

Do we even need raytracing?
Seriously, modern rasterizing graphics engines look AMAZING.
And they can achieve advanced effects like reflections just fine.
I don't understand where the need comes from.

Maybe I don't need a raytracing but ray casting on MMD look really good.

>Nvidiashills are this desperate
Just goes on to show what a complete joke Turing is.

depends on the deal tbqh. Vega64 goes as low as ~300$ during sales like black friday, get a Morpheus II and 2 good fans and you're settled for a great FineWineâ„¢ experience.
BUT if a AiB card drops to say 500-550$ i'd rather go for that.

>BUT if a AiB card drops to say 500-550$ i'd rather go for that.
nvm that part, i just checked newegg & microcenter for the 1080ti, 1200$ goyim!.
if you're really in need just grab a Vega64 for 300$ now and be settled until Navi/7nm Ampere drops around 2020.

Is this like downloading more RAM?

>advanced effects like reflections just fine.
No it's not fine. SSR is garbage and render to texture reflexions cost too much
Lightning and shadows still are shit. SSAO is a terrible hack
All of this could be fixed with RT

>render to texture reflexions cost too much
>better use raytracing
lmao

It might end up twice as fast for a given complexity which is still utter shit performance. I'm surprised Nvidia hasn't introduced dedicated RTX addon cards like they did for PhysX back in '08
>protip nobody bought physx gimmicks either
Raytracing is cool as fuck but utterly impossible to actually perform on consumer hardware.
And it always will be.

Attached: NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX TECHNOLOGY.jpg (2560x1440, 840K)

>listening to some twitter boomer who probably messed up one of the steps required to make the hack work

>Missing reflection from gun's barrel, only specular. Reflections overall blurry and not sharp like on 20 series.
It's SSR, delusional and seething ayymdrone.

>SSR is garbage
It's perfectly fine. People usually can't even tell the difference, and when they can, it's because there is RT reflections in places there there is no SSR. Hell, SSR even looked better in a few scenes of the digital foundry comparison.

>render to texture reflexions cost too much
Not when compared to RT.
>Lightning and shadows still are shit. SSAO is a terrible hack
All of this could be fixed with RT
Look at where we are. Just some RT reflections that you cant even tell are there in most scenes cuts fps down to 33%.

Nvidia did not invent some magic sauce, raytracing is still way to expensive. Using it for shading is not gonna happen in 5-10 years.

>gaybay
I have always wanted $400 box of rocks.

>400 usd vega 64
oh man i hope vega 64 really cost 400 usd. it costs 900 usd here

>vega had ray tracing all along

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, those sneaky poos

>40fps
>Better experience
>choose one

Dont cry, always next gen.

Unless you really need a GPU just wait.

AMD will likely not be releasing some half cocked ray tracing chips and have something decent and more competitive in 2019.

Will also not cost 1200 for a 10 percent increase lol

>that fag who keeps posting random forum posts every time this topic comes up on any board

holy moly how ass blasted can this fanboy get?

HOLY FUCK, NGREEDIA ETERNALLY BTFO

Attached: 1539305010431.gif (540x300, 124K)

So..RTX is really just high detail caustic water effects?

ffs Nshittia

the part of the water that's supposed to be reflecting trees is actually reflecting empty sky in RTX OFF because the trees aren't part of the framebuffer

As a GeForce user for the last 15 years im pretty mad about this shit.

The smug AMD tards win this one but the next Nvidia GPUs will BTFO AMD poorfags and kill AMD.

It's okay to admit that AMD has nothing that can do DXR while NVIDIA can. It's this barely concealed inferiority complex towards superior products that leads to space-wasting threads about crazy workarounds and Rebrandeon shilling.

Take a deep breath, go out for a walk. AMD GPUs are terrible, everybody knows it, and marketshare shows it. Acceptance is the first step towards solving your problem.

Attached: 1369352015244.jpg (643x569, 87K)

I'm just here to come and say "I told you".
There were a series of pretty good breds in here by a named user discussing ray tracing quite deeply. In reading I became cautiously optimistic that the hybrid ray tracing would perform much better than most would expect on radeons due to heavy compute.
Seems that now we're starting to see real world examples of exactly that.

>Seems that now we're starting to see real world examples of exactly that.
That Vega can't work with DXR?

I really wasn't expecting them to beat the RTX's though.
That was a nice bonus.

Attached: 0715c63644.gif (344x218, 191K)

>Nvidia has greatest products and you know it
the greatest turds ever know to man.

>first, there was nothing to see here
>second, now, there was a little something, nothing to be worried about thought.
I'm just wondering when well get to the shut it down stages and delet it plis.

Attached: download (2).png (1183x457, 163K)

Attached: shut the fuck up nvidia shill.png (1506x753, 122K)

The only reason why AMD hardware wouldn't be able to work with it is because the devs are payed off.

>En masse testing begins
>Uh, this is just SSR
>NO BUT THE GUY WHO ORIGINALLY CAME UP WITH IT SAYS OTHERWISE. WE HAVE TO BELIEVE THE WOMEN GUYS.

An idiotic comment without basis. Congratulations.

this.
don't worry nvidiot, Novidya won't end up in intel's shoes any time soon :^)

>5 years, tops.

>It looks more blurry than rtx
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH CONGRATZ FAGGOT YOUVE DISCOVERED WHAT A CUBE MAP IS.

Also this guy uses reshade so his opinions about graphics were void from the start.

Attached: 0ECD9ABF-1D78-400F-8DA9-0579E28D6BEF.jpg (5000x5000, 446K)

You fanboys are pure cancer: dsogaming.com/news/no-amd-users-you-cannot-enable-the-real-time-ray-tracing-rtx-effects-on-the-vega-64-or-other-amd-gpus/