Do you own a 4k monitor and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

Do you own a 4k monitor and if so, what are your thoughts on it?

Attached: De2p5n3U0AEiTvB.jpg (650x918, 107K)

Waste of time for an anime watcher.

Yes. I use it for work, excellent for keeping an overview of large documents. I hardly ever need to make printouts.

Great if you are a content creator. Useless for anything else

Good for reading texts and watching 4k videos

Yes, it's a 27" and I'm running it scaled to 1440p workspace, so that everything still ergonomically sound but with the increased PPI.

kind my setup but i'm using a 32" monitor

great replacement for my two monitor setup

I'm actually using two of them, replaced my previous dual 1440p setup.

prob too old to really utilize one, even my "fake" 4k tv seems overkill most of the time. (some shit does look sharp af tho)

yes, 32" 10bit va lg monitor
paired with a gtx 1050ti so i can do 10bit hdr w/hw acceleration
no need for scaling, just set the right dpi
good times

Attached: screen-2018-11-16-22.03.09.jpg (3840x2160, 1.9M)

I own a 4k TV and a 5k monitor.
Both were worth it, 100%. 5k should be standard by now.

Attached: 1537505545151.jpg (467x700, 112K)

For gaming it's meh, but for work it's amazing.

why tho

i should have gotten a higher refresh rate hdr capable ips 1440p display for the $450 i paid for my 4k60 ips 27".

it is nice though.

Got it for gaming. It wasent worth the 1000$. Would not recomend for gaming, work on the other hand, maybe. But not for 1000$ over priced as fuck.

Because they look far better than 2560x1440 screens.

Attached: 1520932628581.jpg (1280x1706, 852K)

the individual pixels are still the same size aren't they?

so this picture is misleading and inaccurate

The pixels are only the same size if the dpi is the same, meaning that the 4k has to be a lot larger. In this example the 4K is probably upscaled.
Yes, and I love it and would never go back. I love having a lot of real estate and hate multi-monitor so it suits me. Have gone from 24" 1080p to 27" 1440p and now 32" 4K and experienced a big improvement every time

The pixels are not the same size. The bottom photo has 4 pixels in the space of every pixel in the top.

I hope the upcoming Raspberry Pi 4 will support 4K. Broadcom has VideoCore GPUs that supports it though VideoCore4 does not.

You can have a larger screen. You will be surprised what an improvement this is over normal screens.

24” 4K color calibrated display for photo editing and CAD. I’d go for higher pixel density if I could do so at a reasonable price. Though at this point the color calibration almost doesn’t matter since nearly everything I do will only be viewed on the web, and there’s no way to know what kind of shitty display the client or their target audience members are using.

If you're using a 4k TV you're better off using a dedicated computer for it. Emulation and media playback will be way better than any SoC computer could hope to do.
Raspberry Pi is way more suited for actual CRT use, since you have much finer control over the signal than something like a Wii.

I have a 4K monitor 100.5 cm in effective diagonal. I am not so much concerned about media playback as with work, development, radio communication visualisation and programming.

Yes, present SOC are a bit weak but statements from the RPi people is that RPi 4 will be on a different semiconductor node so we might see something with a lot more moxie.

Yes. It's 24 inches so if you don't have good eyesight it's a bit small. I scale it a little bit and use littlebigmouse to handle the transfer of the mouse from one screen to the next. I like it a lot for whenever I have to work in spreadsheets because I can see so many cells or have the field list on a pivot table up and not have it overlap the pivot. Otherwise it's just nice to have more screen real estate

24" 1080p vs 24" 4k
the 4k pixels will be 1/4 the size.

They would only be the same size when comparing 24" 1080p vs 48" 4k.

Attached: pixels.png (514x367, 4K)

I wish they start making 24" or less 4k monitors.

Even Linux Tech Tips thinks that 4k monitors are retarded. That goes to show that they really are a meme.

Should I go with a 1440p high refresh or 4k lower refresh for my next gayman setup?

>I unquestioningly believe anything I read on the net.
I recommend trying it for yourself. I have a large 4K monitor and I am very satisfied with it. I have a backup system with 2 x 20 inch screens for comparison.

i'm using a 24" 4k that replaced a 22" 1080p earlier in the year.
It's better for everything but gaming i'd say. When playing games unless you're really paying attention to the pixels, the resolution bump doesn't matter as you're more concentrated on the game

high refresh rate always trumps picture quality, you generally still want 24-27'' for fov though.

I have a big screen 4k tv hooked up to my computer. Mainly use it for watching media or putting windows out of the way that I want to keep an eye on still. Most of my actual interfacing is done on my plain old 1080p monitor.

It's great, I don't understand how some subhumans here can defend starring at text all day at

I'd like to have 18" 4k monitor
just like my dick

Yes. I like it a lot for games and movies but for lots of other things it's kind of impractical. My KVM has problems with it even though it's supposed to support 4k just fine, and a lot of older sofware just can't render fonts correctly with it.
Mech Warrior Online technically supports 4K resolution, but the font is so small it's literally unreadable, and there is no way to scale it.
I think once it becomes a little more widespread and systems update it'll be better. (I know they've had like 10 years to support 4K but these companies don't give a shit until the market is at critical mass).

Also 4K movies are like 70GB each.

Now my 4K TV on the otherhand is a godsend. I love that fucking thing.

have you tried using magnifying glass to read text?

I've got two dell 24 inch 4K monitors. They were ~$350 a piece. Best thing I've done in a bit.