I'm looking to upgrade to a dual monitor setup with 2 144 Hz monitors. I'd like to spend about $200 per monitor...

I'm looking to upgrade to a dual monitor setup with 2 144 Hz monitors. I'd like to spend about $200 per monitor. What are my best options?

Attached: dualmonitor.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16824011131
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

dual 144hz makes no sense.

There are no games that look decent using 2 monitors at the same time, so you'll only be gaming on 1 monitor at a time, why do they BOTH need to be 144hz?

You should get a 144hz and a 60hz with better colors or higher contrast or something for movies/web browsing

>monitors completely perpendicular to your face
Enjoy your neck pain

144hz is for gaymer fags.

Paper?

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but I picked up two of these and they've been decent. I'm not a crazy PC gamer these days though.

I like these cuz I can plug multiple devices into them and just switch inputs when needed. I have two laptops (one mine and one for work) both in docking stations and just flip between DVI and HDMI.

m.newegg.com/products/N82E16824011131

>120Hz on my phone
>Makes the whole UI feel buttery smooth and more responsive
I used to think it was a meme until I actually used it. Now if it weren't attached to a meme phone...

Manually setting UI animations to their fastest setting gets you the same snappiness.

came to post this thought for thought. Fpbp

who the fuck said OP was going to game on both or even game at all?

who the fuck cares about 144hz besides gaymers

Pretty ergonomic, for some kind of medieval torture contraption.

If you use dual monitors of different refresh rates it can cause problems. Why wouldn't you want dual 144 Hz? The desktop is smoother with it.

Because the cost increase of 144hz over 60hz is insane for desktop use, is it smoother? Sure. Does it matter? Not at all.

Further, the panel quality for 144hz panels is generally lower, contrast ratios tend to be lower, panel color and brightness uniformity lower, etc.

Really the ideal 2 monitor setup is a high quality VA or IPS 60hz panel for movies/web browsing, and a 144hz for gaming.

Far bigger concern is pixel density than matching framerates.

Because it's Gaymer trash.

And to answer ur question, you can mix refresh rates no problem.

i thought this until i tried one.

It causes issues though, especially if you run anything on the second (60 Hz) monitor while gayming. 99% of the time I have a livestream or something on my second monitor, and many, many people complain of issues with combining 144Hz + 60Hz when having anything that's animated on the second monitor.

my only issue is with netflix, and it's been an issue for 3 years for them.

Hulu, youtube, amazon prime video, twitch. All seem to work fine at 60hz while gaming at 144hz on the other monitor.

Not snappiness. Smoothness. Like how being in traffic going 15mph feels like you're going slower than going 10mph in free space. It's all psychological.

I use a 144hz and a 240hz monitor

Snappiness too but not by much, it shapes off maybe like 10ms simply because it draws faster.

this is what im doing right now. its pretty nice. 27" 1440p 144hz as main, 21" dell IPS as secondary. It's comfy.

You're a retard who doesn't haven't the mental capabilities to find the underlying problems that are causing the issues you're experiencing. I have a 144hz monitor for gaymes, a 60hz monitor for whatever else and an old 48hz projector, I have never had any issues with their different refresh rates.