>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 1537388237012.jpg (582x390, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/Xr7hZR
guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_h115i_pro_review,11.html
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/GN3C9J
techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/Radeon_RX_590_Nitro_Plus/30.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/gLLrn
youtube.com/watch?v=VGkA1BXtxd8
pcpartpicker.com/list/n7nnKB
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ASUS, Gigabyte or Zotac GTX 1060 6GB?
Wanted to buy a EVGA card but they are out stock.

But that's not a 580. Are the 1060s less expensive in your neck of the woods?

Yes, In Mexico right now our equivalent of black friday is going on and they are waaay cheaper.

To add:
AMD doesn't want to let Intel ever catch up. The only way they're currently behind, architecturally, is on the performance of the IMC.
It'll be 2020 or 2021 before Intel has an answer to Zen2. AMD wouldnt' be ahead if they stopped on Zen2.

All indications are that Zen5 is besigned for a new socket (AM5... with DDR5... and PCIe5), and that's why it has a lot more engineers working on it compared to Zen4 which, as of earlier this year, hardly had any.
It looks like that when Zen3 is done, and Zen5 is mostly done, Zen4 will be designed for AM4+ if Zen3 isn't already to see what they can incorporate with just a BIOS update, without needing a new socket. Like how some AM3 boards could be BIOS updated to AM3+.
Though it could also be that they don't know if DDR5 will really be ready by then, and/or they want to make it seem like their next major arch revision is further away than it really is and Zen5 could simply become Zen4.

Specific model is generally more important than brand. Brand mostly just matters when it comes to warranty, but idk how warranty service is for Mexico.
Post an image or something that shows the various cheap models?
A lot of Mexicanons just import from USA from what I've seen.

Music prod, video edit, Cad, mild gaming

Attached: PC-BUILD.jpg (1268x830, 104K)

I'm gearing up for 12/12.

already have case, HDDs, SSDs, PSU, GPU.

Attached: 2018-11-16 19_50_38.png (549x610, 23K)

>A lot of Mexicanons just import from USA from what I've seen.
Right now is not an option since our Amazon is giving 20-40% sale +10% refund for some debit cards BUT only for stuff sold by Amazon Mexico so importing is not an option.

Models are
>ASUS
DUAL-GTX1060-O6G
>Zotac
ZT-P10600B-10M
>Gigabyte
GV-N1060WF2OC-6GD

EVGA cards are either out stock or so overpriced that the GTX 1070 sounds like a good option but goes over my budget.

Warranty service is the same than the US since most cards get sent to the US anyway for RMA.

>Water cooler
>ATX motherboard
Buy a NH-D15.

>Replacement plans
Do you really need them?

>Do you really need them?
Only reason i'm doing this is because of a motherboard that fried my RAM ~2.5 years into the build. 3 year on motherboard and 2 years on the others just in case, it's a local store (microcenter) that's 10 minutes from here, so if something does go wrong, I can just take it there and get replacements easily.

Also it's 2011 socket, so new motherboard is excessively expensive for X99 chipset. and I prefer water cooling for aesthetics, large air coolers just don't look good to me personally.

Moving from HEDT X99 to Z390 will be a bit challenging though since i'll be maxing out the SATA lanes from day 1. I'll probably end up throwing in a SATA expansion card later.

At least 9700k should be a nice beefy single core performance boost, and even multithreaded stuff should be on par or slightly better than my 5820k.

pcpartpicker.com/list/Xr7hZR
thoughts? Im not too sure about the motherboard

>>>>>windforce
>>> RAM
Why are you doing this?

>2 year replacement plan
>$50
lol
>h115i
aren't these loud as fuck? like I feel like I'm being gas lighted with all these people choosing that garbage. idk maybe I'm wrong.
>2666MHz memory
?????????????????????????????
>$950 and it doesn't even have a GPU
what the FUCK?

Not the Gigabyte one. The ASUS or Zotac should both be fine.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/Xr7hZR
Get a better case. Can also get the Mortar or Bazooka board for cheaper and mATX case.
>FARTFORCE AGAIN
Get Vega.
PSU is really expensive. Get one that's on sale.

What are your thoughts on the new RX 590? Should I get it or a GTX 1070 (Ti) instead?

Attached: 1532902995489.jpg (613x557, 99K)

how long should an RX 580 last me for 1080p gaming?

what's wrong with 2666mhz ram?

>aren't these loud as fuck? like I feel like I'm being gas lighted with all these people choosing that garbage. idk maybe I'm wrong.
guru3d.com/articles_pages/corsair_h115i_pro_review,11.html

quieter than NH-D15s

2-3 years.
Remember its a 2016 card user and 7nm GPUs are around the corner.
Its up to the devs how inefficient they make their games.

What resolution and refresh?

Yeah, not really sure why he's shitting on that, it's the fastest officially supported by the 9700k without OCing, and I don't plan on doing anything particularly memory intensive. I figured it'd be fine. Especially since it was the same price as 2400mhz and 2133mhz kits.

Difference between mortar and bazooka?

>7nm GPUs are around the corner.
define "around the corner"

Spring/summer 2019.

3-6 months for the consumer cards so 2019 summer, 1-2 months for enterprise cards, AMD already released the MI60.

1080/p/easant
probs 60Hz

Attached: 1534197511902.jpg (1054x1417, 239K)

1st build and clueless. Just want a semi nice 1070 ti for budget

>Not the Gigabyte one. The ASUS or Zotac should both be fine.
Zotac it is then because fuck ASUS warranty.

Thoughts on this?
>de.pcpartpicker.com/list/GN3C9J

i use a stock blower vega 64

it's always the same guy. loves to nitpick everyone else's choices and make his snarky comments.

7nm will be very expensive until they get euv working.
Nice for low power applications but not for high power graphics cards unless you're willing to spend a fortune.

as a heater?

is the RX590 worth it for $280?

>fastest official supported
What thepurpose could you build a PC for using a 9700k yet also not need to fastest possible RAM?
2700X with B-die is cheaper and faster in everything. I can't believe some people are actually this stupid to buy
>le fastest CPU
then make it slower than the 2nd or 3rd fastest CPU because they cheaped out on RAM.
>waah someone else is smarter than I

Mortar has CPU-less BIOS flashing, and more/larger heatsinks. Oh and better audio with optical output.

More likely summer/fall 2019.

Technically sooner if you want to drop probably $1000+ on Vega Pro.

Vega56 is generally the best value at the moment.
But if you are just doing 1080p@60, there is no reason to spend for more than the RX580. Or RX590 if you really want the 3rd game.

Only if you want all 3 of the games. You can get RX580 with 2 of the games for $80 cheaper.

The cooler on that 1070Ti is as bad as a blower.
2 heatpipes lmao. And shitty fans.
Also Vega winds up being cheaper with the 3 games.
Even without the games, Freesync still makes it cheaper, anyway.

How much can an ATX motherboard flex and get pressed on? I made the idiot mistake of trying out putting on my CPU cooler see to how to actually fit on properly. I got it on, but then I realized it was not coming off easily and I hadn't put thermal paste on yet. So I fought with the mobo for 30 minutes or so and noticed the motherboard bend and flex around its mount points while I struggling to get the cooler out. I was worried but the cooler was making me mad so I eventually forced it out and continued building.
Fast forward to trying to get the thing to POST and I'm getting no signal out of the graphics card. The fans all spin up and LEDS on the motherboard pulsate. The things I've tried so far are:
>use 1 RAM stick, try it in each memory slot
>move graphics card to another slot
>try another graphics card
>try every combination of motherboard and CPU power plugs
And still nothing. Is there something else I'm missing or did I just mess up my motherboard?

Attached: at_computer_despairin.jpg (406x364, 109K)

>Only if you want all 3 of the games. You can get RX580 with 2 of the games for $80 cheaper.
is the RX590 really that bad?

Its not bad, its just not good.
It is better than the GTX 1060 6GB and RX 580 8GB but it uses way more energy and its hotter.

>What thepurpose could you build a PC for using a 9700k yet also not need to fastest possible RAM?
Because it doesn't see NEARLY the benefit Zen does from RAM performance.

At most I could have spent 50-75% more on RAM that would net me ~2-5% performance increase in the things I do. Negligible.

The perf per dollar on it is just not good. Either it needed to be sold for cheaper, or it needed to be a better performer at the same price. It doesn't quite cut it for 1440p60FPS unless you lower settings, but both the 580 and 1060 nearly max everything at 1080p60FPS. It sits in an uncomfortable place right now.

Quite a lot. It's fiberglass and copper.

It's only 5% faster than a high end model of RX580 like the Red Devil GS, Nitro+ SE, Strix, real Aorus, etc.

It's not BAD. But the only way the price makes sense is from getting that extra $60 game with it if you actually want the game or can sell it to a friend for $50.

No, it's an actual node refinement and perf/watt is improved 5%. It's not a lot, but at least it's not even higher power consumption.

>At most I could have spent 50-75% more on RAM that would net me ~2-5% performance increase in the things I do.
Who fed you these lies, or are you making them up yourself?
True latency reduction in RAM has nearly 1:1 FPS scaling. Going from 12ns to 8ns gets you around 30% higher FPS in anything CPU bottlenecked.

2700X with B-die is faster than a 9700k with 2666 RAM.

Attached: RAM scaling cope.png (1036x526, 120K)

lmao, you realize ARMA III is basically THE example right...?

For the games I play, I KNOW RAM speed wont make a significant difference, with an 8700k or 9700k the games I am playing are going to be are going to be well beyond 200fps, or are going to be only seeing single digit FPS advantage from faster RAM, even excessively faster RAM.

Attached: 2018-11-16 20_29_54.png (506x1424, 120K)

>but it uses way more energy and its hotter
The Sapphire Nitro stays at 75-76 ºC under load and seems to be kind of quiet, though it does consume up to 240W. I wonder how much of the power draw is just for the fans.

Fans usually use 2-5w tops.
[email protected] at full load, unless someone goes full Delta and uses 12v@2A fans.

Does the RX580 get that hot? I heard it consumes as much power as the GTX 1070 ti
should I get the MSI MK2 for $200 or strix for $260?

3000MHz ram will still only cost you like $5 more. 3200MHz cl16 to 3200MHz cl14 is where the real price jump is. I get that you don't think B-die is worth it, but that still doesn't explain why you're too cheap to pay couple $ for extra 300-500MHz

Because i'm buying from a brick and mortar store where the better RAM isn't just a couple bucks more. It'd be easily $50-75 more for what you're talking about.

>Because i'm buying from a brick and mortar store
Do you have to? I mean, kudos for supporting local businesses, but gotta be sensible with it. It's far from uncommon to buy stuff left and right when you're building a PC 2bh.

I need it today, i'm heading to the store in a few minutes. It's ready for pickup.

>it's fine when GPU bottlenecked!
Why do you need
>le best gayming CPU
if you're going to be GPU bottlenecked?
Fucking MORON.

lol

The RX590 Nitro or Vega Nitro?
If that's for an RX580/590, yeesh. Even if I power limit my Vega to 100W, it still outperforms that.
I didn't think any RX580 or 590 were over +15% the 185W baseline.

Ones with bad coolers do get hot, yes. If you increase power limit above the usual 185W it does as well.
On an absolute scale, their power consumption isn't that high. But relative to midrange performance, it is.

Get the Mk2. Its cooler is fine for its given power limit.
$260 is way too expensive for an RX580 (or 1060 for that matter).

>single core performance is ONLY relevant for gaming

kek

£135 is good for 2x8gb trident z, right? I can't see it much cheaper anywhere else

>Memory latency doesn't bottleneck single core performance
Imagine being this stupid

Lets see your record breaking single core performance benchmarks on slow RAM. What? They don't exist? Noooo way.

Trident Z is many different products.

oh
the 3200 C16 ones

whats a good motherboard for the R5 2600 that fits this description
>good onboard audio (doesnt need it but preferrable)
>at least 4 fan header pins
>strong PCIE slots
>supports 3000/3200 mhz ram

Can a used motherboard hurt my other parts in any way? Or should i not risk buying used.

beware that they didnt work with my ryzen 2600 and msi x470.

>The RX590 Nitro or Vega Nitro?
RX590 Nitro. Sapphire Nitro cards are more power hungry than the Pulse. Higher clocks though.

oh motherfucker
I swear there's nothing that's actually stated to work with an r5 2600 and a tomahawk that isn't some 2x32 shite

I had the RX580 Nitro+ SE. It used 185 or 210W depending on power profile.
From what I saw, it looked like the 590 cards had the same general power profiles and 5% higher perf at those same power limits.
Are you sure that consumption wasn't counting something else?

You can almost surely get it to work by manually overclocking to 3200. Might take 1.4 or 1.45v.
Also should update BIOS when you have issues like that.

>it's the fastest officially supported by the 9700k without OCing
JEDEC ratings are irrelevant. It only means it's the default speed if the memory's rated any higher.
>and I don't plan on doing anything particularly memory intensive
If you're gaming, it makes more of a price/performance difference going with 3000/3200mhz memory than it does with the price margin between 8700k and 9700k. The AMDrone's right to criticise this choice.
I'm all for the H115i though, they're pretty well proven as one of the go-to AIOs for open air bench testing.

the motherboard is an msi x470 m7 ac specifically.
This was on latest bios, wouldnt even boot with the sticks in. Swapped them with 3200 dominator platinums with the same speed and timings and worked fine.

>i7-8700K
>Kraken M22 Liquid CPU Cooler
>MSI - Z370M MORTAR Micro ATX
>16 GB 3200
>250 GB SATA
>EVGA - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
>NZXT - H400i MicroATX Mini Tower

Total: $1223.42

uh, guys?

Attached: no really should I be worried.jpg (666x840, 234K)

I might steal this build but get a 1080ti for the lulz instead.

>Are you sure that consumption wasn't counting something else?
Supposedly it's just power draw from the card alone.

techpowerup.com/reviews/Sapphire/Radeon_RX_590_Nitro_Plus/30.html

Waiting on black friday and monday to pull the trigger. Any advice on liquid vs. air other than noise?

hey shill, if I buy the 590 in India can I sell the 3 codes online? I can then resell the 590 and make a decent margin

Which model of the vega 56 should I get? All the prices seem shitty right now

R8 my budget long term build for high yield 1080p
60FPS only gaming and moderate workstation.
>pcpartpicker.com/list/gLLrn

Focus was on high airflow, thermals, and longevity while keeping the price under $850. The Free DMC5 and RE2 are just icing on the cake.

Not sure about using Kinguin to get an OEM W10 license or just losing out the $100 to get it hand over fist unless there is a sale for black Friday .

Attached: kaneko.jpg (500x314, 65K)

>Seagate
You were warned.

legit lol
WD for HDDs
Samsung for SSDs
anything else is trash

Nevermind I figured it out, I just never managed to seat my RAM properly.

Attached: baby_wat.jpg (900x1200, 329K)

WD or HGST for HDDs.
Samsung for SSDs, Crucial and Adata are fine.

it's time

>8700k+1070ti
Patrician combination. A couple months ago I might have suggested to save money by changing the i7 out for an i5 or a Ryzen R5 and putting the difference toward a 1080ti, but that 1080ti ship seems to have set sail.
Consider a Vega if you're upgrading to a 1440p@144hz monitor, but if you've already got a 1080p@144hz or 1440p@60-75hz monitor, a 1070ti is a solid price/performance bet.
AIOs are great in terms of heat dissipation contrary to popular belief here, but keep in mind the toothpaste under IHS will be a thermal bottleneck before any large AIO will see much of a benefit over a D15/DR Pro4.

AMD vs. Intel CPU for deep learning type stuff? I'm using a Nvidia GPU of course, but for preprocessing and the places where CPU is needed, which is best?

Im new to pc building, whats the case with AMD cards and undervolting?

Why get an 8700k when a 2600X isn't going to bottleneck that GPU and will save you like $200?
Just blind fanboyism?

>Caution

>Swapped them with 3200 dominator platinums with the same speed and timings and worked fine.
Same subtimings as well? Were they the same dies even? Weird.

I don't know, is the games promotion even happening in India?

It shouldn't really matter. That's all GPU bound. Very little is done on the CPU.

Which? It's vastly different between Vega and Polaris.

>1060 beats 580
>AMDrone keeps shilling the latter
what's wrong with his noggin, bros?

>unlocked i5 on a B150 with 2400mhz memory
Wut? Pretty mismatched combination there user, at the time you would've been better off just going a locked 6400 i5 with the other budget stuff.
>Bitfenix Prodigy
Absolutely beautiful.

>Which? It's vastly different between Vega and Polaris.
polaris
the 1060 barely beats and thats only in some games plus the 580 is like $80 cheaper

m8 come on, the 580 is a solid card

lol youtube.com/watch?v=VGkA1BXtxd8

Attached: based.jpg (2560x2000, 376K)

580 beats 1060 simply because it's cheaper and has more vram
1070 beats the 580 and 590 both, that much is certain.

>"beats"
>margin of error
Either one is a good ultra setting 1080p@60hz card, just go for what ever's better value if it doesn't make a difference, or the 1060 if SFF heat dissipation is an issue, or the 580 of its likely you'll take advantage of freesync.
Understand? Good.

>$250 card is better than a $200 card
No shit.

>fanboyism

Just picking what seems best, still learning since its my first build. Was unaware of bottlenecking

they cost the same where I live, I think the 1060 is cheaper by a small margin

Try googling what that means before listening to
>Seagate
posters. Your drive is no earlier than 2011 which sucks, but different conditions and wear stack up over time, and this can happen to any drive.

My 10y/o+ external WD 1TB is still chugging along, despite its case cracked and full of dust. Given me a few heart attacks.

both of my Seagate drives conked within 3 years
my current WD drive has been going strong for 5+ years
hmm

I've only ever had Seagates and they all still work fine.
Any time I tried WD on the other hand...

How much of an FPS increase would I experience, playing a modern AAA game on a windows 10, over playing the same game on windows 7? I understand the question is vague, but just roughly how much of a difference would I see, percentage wise?

> but that 1080ti ship seems to have set sail.

why

And Vega 56 beats the 1070. Often the 1070Ti and even 1080, for that matter, in a lot of newer releases.

>polaris
You likely won't get much undervolt from them without also reducing clocks.
My RX580 Nitro+ SE I could only drop from 1150 to 1130mv.
To get it down to 1070mv, it required lowering clocks by 3.5%.

It's something you can do if you got good luck with silicon, or if you're just trying to drop power consumption also at the cost of performance.

Only reason to get a 9700k/8700k is with a 2080Ti. Maybe a 1080Ti at 1440p.
Otherwise, especially at 1440p, the 2600X is going to have no trouble driving any weaker of a GPU.
And even then, the 2600X on AM4 has an upgrade path to more powerful CPUs and Z370/Z390 does not.

Seagate got a lot better since 2017.

Single digits. Far from 10%, but it's something.

I want 144Hz but TN panels seem like shit.

vega 56 costs a lot more than the 1070 where I live, plus the extra power/heat

Ok how about this?
pcpartpicker.com/list/n7nnKB

All reviews i've read about the Red Devil, XFX, and MSI cards is they all handle heat like shit, so i'm willing to shill the extra for the Sapphire Nitro+ if it'll if better airflow and thermals. That seem about right?

Also free DMC and RE2 are good incentives

Attached: tf455875678.png (436x323, 261K)

He's right in a sense. 8700k is objectively a better gaming CPU, but you'll barely see a difference between an R5 2600X and 8700k with a 1070ti. Especially so if going 1440p screen.

get the XB271HU and enjoy it