Is it still worth it to install third party android roms if you want to get more functionality (and maybe extending...

is it still worth it to install third party android roms if you want to get more functionality (and maybe extending lifespan of old android phones)?
there are not many significant innovation in android 6, not to mention in 7-9
and it seems just root your device can achieve the same goal

Attached: Lineage_OS_Logo_Wiki_main.jpg (805x456, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openkirin.net/devices/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>there are not many significant innovation in android 6
You are wrong.

I flash Lineage as soon as i get a new phone to obliterate all the useless googleshit.

only real reasons are
>(and maybe extending lifespan of old android phones)
and removing bloatware/custom ui
if the phone comes with just stock android i'd say just leave it

I do it just to lose the google botnet. All the other nice things like a newer android and the lineage features are just icing.

name 1 of them, if any

bump

You generally won't see the changes in the front end, but the changes made to the kernel and API mean massive improvements in security and functionality available to developers. I can't remember what it was right now, but I just came across an app earlier this week that required 6.0 or greater.

It was SMBv2. API level 22 and below (Android 5.1) only support SMBv1/CIFS. SMBv2 support was added in API level 23 (Android 6.0).

Split screen, pop-up windows, faster updates for apps (1min to 5seconds), seamless ota updates, etc

>Split screen
isnt it developed by samsung and for samsung only?
>pop-up windows
dont know what that means

LineageOS on my Nexus 6P has really improved battery life

at least you are officially supported
i can only rely on shitty third party (((ports)))

why would you buy such a shit phone then

split screen is native to stock android since 6.0, if you don't see it on your 6.0 device yours must be running some shitty skin.

Popup windows are basically like floating windows : picture in picture sort of thing.

did not aware that only flagships have official support and dont have money for flagships back then

make your own port then fag. the average Jow Forumsentooman could learn it in a day.

>only flagships have official support
false, see xiaomi low-mid end phones like the redmeme note 3 pro

when i bought my current phone xiaomi is still nobody

Android is for fags. Install sailfish.

Attached: file.png (1080x1920, 1M)

>functionality
If that's only thing you care about, you can fuck off right away.

>c/c++, asm can be mastered in a day
i wish i can

Not open source

More opensource than android + no jewgle

Not really, AOSP is a fully working OS.
Sailfish open source parts are very low level only. You can't even install it on a supported device without paying them for it and you'll have no idea what you have running on your device.

Lol no. What is community edition? You only pay for android support if you want it(can easily be pirated)

you're wrong. split screen was introduced in 7.0.

meant for

Proper custom ROMs have more functionality than stock ROMs. LOS is pretty bare-bones.

>2018
>LineageOS still miss VoWifi/VoLTE
how will pajets ever recover?

>2017
>it doesn't
Should have bought a better phone.

All I want to do is disable these god damn MTP deny/allow messages that come up every time I plug my fucking phone in. What is the easiest/safest way to root this fucking s5 piece of shit?

S5 is like 10 different phones. Depends on your exact model but generally you just flash it in Odin.

Flash twrp in odin, and then flash magisk in twrp

Thanks, it's SM-G900W8 btw

is there a way to root a phone and still use apps like Snapchat without installing like 10 different obfuscating things that keep breaking, downloaded from poopoo curries on xda?

Attached: 1396508149476.png (284x267, 127K)

You're wrong, currently have split screen available on some 6.1 MIUI ROM

Magisk, although in my experience it hasn't worked smoothly on my Samshit A5 2017

theres a Jow Forums browser for sailfish os? I used it for a while on my xperia x but ultimately went back to android.

I used lineageOS on my moto g 2nd gen because after a few years it was necessary to get decent support. I have a huawei mate se now and i only have it rooted with magisk so that I can use adaway. No real reason for me to flash a custom ROM although i prob will at some point.

but it was introduced by Xiaomi in MIUI 9. native split screen was introduced in Android 7 so much earlier than in MIUI based on Marshmallow.

yes

bump

Yes, just use Snapchat.

yes.
because i bought xiaomeme chink botnet.

>huawei
hahaha

openkirin.net/devices/
well i guess they might be worth something now.