Year of our lord 2018

Why is the size so different?

Attached: 1518902898732.png (405x198, 14K)

Download them and see for yourself

because 834MB of disgusting cowtits

Some shit compresses better than others.

But thanks. This made me look to see why Casshern Sins episode 18 came out to be the largest of the series. A section encoded at 60,000kbps.
I guess I'll be redoing that.

Attached: Untitled.png (1142x596, 50K)

likely the audio

>Some shit compresses better than others.
It wasn't long ago that CR released any ep of any series with the same encode options.
480ps were around 140mb, 720p around 320, and 1080 around 500.

I assume those shows are coming from different sources/are ripped from different streaming sites and as such there's no unifying standard for quality, encode settings or file size.

Same encode options in CRF will yield different file sizes.
If they 2-passed it to achieve the same file size, then the quality would vary widely.

First is sourced from Crunchyroll, the second from Amazon.

What causes this?

probably a scene with heavy grain

Static does not compress for shit.

Attached: 18 Casshern Sins.mkv_snapshot_12.00.095.png (1920x1080, 3.29M)

kek and /thread

do cowtits consume more entropy irl?

one is probably x265

One has a free virus, the other doesn't

>disgusting
Off yourself.

nope both x264

Download them both and then compare bitrate and codecs

Is there an alternative to this program?

Smaller one isn't true 1080p

Probably the encoding, or maybe the audio, let's say one is AAC and the other is Dual Channel FLAC, that would make a big difference in file size, I don't think this is the case here, probably the 1.2GiB is a standard 24 min show, and the 366.2 MiB is one of those 10 min shows.

>Horriblesubs

Because bitrate is more important. You can have 1080p at a low bitrate (think of individual frames like a low quality jpg), and a high rate 1080p will use (e.g. high quality jpg). I'm generalizing here as videos are based on frame deltas not entirely new frames unless its a keyframe.