[LINUX] Horizontal ripple effect when scrolling

I am using XFCE. It happens with BOTH the xfce compositor AND compton, although compton is much better. When I scroll in Firefox, a horizontal ripple will sometimes appear. This doesn't always happen, but it happens enough to be annoying.

Anyone had this problem?

Attached: RHEEE.jpg (205x246, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/l1mao
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dude get Plasma and thank me later.

Attached: 925921_1566580903565767_1633620484_n.jpg (640x640, 71K)

Cinnamon is the only acceptable DE

>horizontal ripple
Are you referring to screen tearing?

No, nobody has ever had that problem before

searx "xfce screen tearing"

No, it's kind of different. It's a blurry, wavy, ripple lookin' effect. It doesn't always happen, but usually it happens when I have a livestream or something on my second 60Hz monitor, and then scrolling on my 144Hz monitor. I wonder if it's related to the different refresh rates?

This problem is entirely unique to you, OP.

You mean screen tearing? This issue isnt inherent to linux. Its pretty easy to fix too.

I disabled the compositor.

Here is a video of what it looks like:
streamable.com/l1mao

It doesn't look like tearing to me? It just causes a ripple like effect.

Look up compton

yea its screen tearing

Screen tearing?

...hmmmm
..hmmm

No, doesn't ring a bell.

If you're on nvidia proprietary you can enable Force Full Composition Pipeline

this is what solved it for me too. I've disabled xfce's compositor, uninstalled compton, and enable the ForceFullCompositionPipeline setting on startup, and I have zero tearing now.

he-hey xfce people, why is it with blandy gtk applications there are some panel nubs that are impossible to click on any modern display. I swear user I tried to look through all the themes and check thru the xfwm4 files but I only got a blocky solution to increase the window buttons

I need to increase the draggable tabs within the window that aren't the edges.

What OS? Linux Mint has a compositor setting enabled by default which doesn't have tearing.
Don't use Compton, it's very CPU heavy.

I had XFCE compositor disabled, Force Full Composition Pipeline enabled for both monitors, and was using compton.

This works for me, but it makes the scroll icon look low quality as fook.

Attached: ugly.png (144x139, 1K)

fedora.

Your screen is upside down.

Linux is totally ready for the desktop you guys, 2019 will be the year, you mark my words

Install compton retard.

I'm here to solve your problem user.
This is a firefox problem, stop messing with your system configuration, if you really want to be sure just rm all your possible compton.conf in your filesystem and reinstall compton.
But now, just test this:
In firefox:
>about:config
>gfx.xrender true
Restart firefox
Problem solved

Welcome to linux
app independent vsync and scrolling be with you

Oh and almost forgot the forever fucked font rendering which also varies between applications

You are OP or another one ?

Another dissatisfied customer who has been trying to switch to linux since 12.4 was fresh.
I've learned how to do a lot of things with linux but fixing all the quality of life issues to make it a daily driver is not one of them.

Really wish we could get one distro that just worked instead of 200 distros that fix one problem but cause another so I could get rid of the annoying bullshit bloatware that is windows currently.

Yeah that's Firefox's fault, happens on any OS.

Dude Linux is absolutely famous for screen tearing.

In fact the problem doesn't come from distros but from Desktop environments and windows managers.
Also, an alternative to Xorg (not wayland), similar and as smooth as directX would be a great improvment.

use 120hz instead, it fixed any screen tearing I was experiencing.

yea i know i just cant be assed to use arch or something that lets me pick all the shit that will actually mostly work with my rig
current fedora was ok till i realized that for some reason whatever sound manager thing they are using doesn't work right with my soundcard, ubuntu flavors it works but the tearing in chromium and the scrolling kill that too

Attached: 1435996161306.gif (450x386, 2.11M)

>xfce

LIPSTICK ON A PIG

are you a developer?