what missing keys? looks fine to me

How the hell is it 300$??

If you'd typed on it you'd understand.

>no f-keys
>No numpad
>No arrows
Ultra cringe.

Why would anyone need a numpad?

and yet the very creator of the C programming language is using it. but I bet you know a lot better, with your important projects, such as...?

>Why would anyone need a numpad?

Attached: 1540208299779.gif (652x562, 626K)

Nice comeback.
Now answer my question.

I'm not poor
it's the best keyboard I've ever used
I'm typing on it right now
I was thinking of buying another one

stay salty

>Why would anyone need a numpad?

Attached: 1522570066840.gif (500x281, 1.4M)

>paying more for less

Sweet! Another keyboard thread with that one mouth-foaming autist who thinks the numpad has any utility!

nice gif, user!

>>no f-keys
>>No numpad
Is your job title Excel monkey?

>Why
Why don't you use one? Anyway I use the numpad for pins/tans and all that jazz at work.

Attached: 1535471910201.jpg (1200x1730, 481K)

I type faster using the top row, that's it.
Also having a numpad pushes my keyboard even more to the left, making typing and using the mouse uncomfortable.

dumb weeb

Obviously you use the right hand for the numpad..

Excel and blobbers

Add f keys and its good
Fuck numpad and arrows

>dumb weeb

Attached: 1538563159086.gif (615x548, 18K)

Last time i checked the keyboard was < 150 on most japanese websites. It's still an overpriced plastic rubber dome, but nowhere near as overpriced as people claim it to be.

Blender relies on the numpad.

>no ctrl
>no separate f-keys
>no page up/page down
>no arrows
yeah lol

I think that's pretty obvious yet my point stills the same.

How's 150 not overpriced for a rubber dome when you can get a Logitech k120 for 10 bucks?

Read that again user. In what part did i say it was not ovrrpriced.

arent hhkb mechanical?

Because some people like buying nice things. Yeah a Honda Civic and a Rolls Royce have the same functionality, it's just that some people like the name brand, status, and feel to the Royce. Everything is about priority, it's nice to live frugal and all, but you can't take your money to the grave.

>moving the goalposts

>nowhere near as overpriced as people claim it to be

I got it like while you think it is, it isn't that bad.

No

Have you ever had a job where you use computers?

t. never had a real job ?

Perhaps, but I'm not going to be able to make a logical argument persuading someone to buy it. I'd admit a $10 keyboard does the job just as well; it's just a case of preference at the end of the day.

>I don't know how to type

Is he now incapable of ever making a bad decision? Or even a decision that benefits his needs and not everyone's? Very deep, user.

No. A RealForce has a less retarded layout while being cheaper

>making typing and using the mouse uncomfortable.
what are you typing while simultaneously using the mouse where you're only using one hand for typing and the narrowness of your womanly narrow framed shoulders is being pained by having to broaden their scope 6 inches further than before

I do know how to type. And I prefer to be productive and use the numpad for assistance. Name one (1) reason not to get a numpad on a desktop pc.

When will they learn?

There might be a reason to get a left-sided numpad (assuming you're right handed). I'll prove there is no reason to have right-sided numpad. To use the numpad you have two choices: reach it with left hand and look like a retard or let go of the mouse and reach it with the right hand. You already look like a retard so there is no point reaching for it with the left hand. Therefore you let go of the mouse and at this point you might as well use both hands on the number row to type the number as it's obviously faster because 8 fingers is more than 4 fingers (or even 5 if you use your thumb on the numpad).

Attached: 1532125885959.jpg (640x789, 47K)

I don't see a problem with using the left hand for the numpad, but yeah I usually take my right hand from the mouse to hammer in numbers. It's also very convenient to have an enter button on the numpad because you most likely type some sort of input and then confirm it.
Buttons like +-*/ have stupid spots on my German keyboard too. I'd have to press shift in order to make / or * without a numpad.

This is a superior version.

Attached: overview_standard_jp.jpg (500x330, 33K)

That would be weird to use for me.
I have the bad habit of hitting space in the middle of N and M.

>all plastic
>rubberdome
>diamond arrow keys layout
>looks cheap
>huge logo
>costs $300
talk about overrated keyboards. elitists will actually defend this pile of garbage

>let go of the mouse
>using a mouse
Found your problem

Then there is absolutely no point in considering a numpad since the number row is much closer.

isnt he dead?

>tfw the realforce you want is still $300

Attached: feels_0.jpg (400x447, 37K)

>I type faster using the top row, that's it.
That's because you don't know how to touch type on a numpad.

NIPPON STRONK MEMBRANE FOLDED 10000 TIMES

That's because I don't have to move my hand.
I don't get why you people get so autismal over someone's preferences.

Behold, peak keyboard design

Attached: large_1237_IMG_0984.jpg (1200x800, 344K)

>not even fully programmable
>best
what did he mean by this?

>t. Doesn't know how to touch type a ten key
You can easily triple your KPH over the number row.

>all keys except like 2 aren't programmable
A small sacrifice to get the best of the best

>all keys except
>except
there, I found your problem. you're welcome :)

Not all jobs are Excel monkeys. Numpad keys are all duplicates. Normal keyboard but without a numpad is more comfy. The keyboard takes a lot less space.

>and yet the very creator of the C programming language is using it
I give no flying fuck about what he's using. It wouldn't make me or anyone else as smart as him.

I am using it so fuck off. And while one it is arguably needed I doubt having no f-keys is a useful.

No.

hehe

Trying to explain the allure of the hhkb is a fruitless effort. At the end of the day, you're trying to pursuade somebody whose opinion has likely already been made due to the price and the negative remarks they read here.

If you don't have the money, don't worry about it. Continue using whatever you can afford. But when you have the funds, buy one of these keyboards, if for nothing else but to see what the fuss is about. One of the great things about this niche is that resale value doesn't decrease very much. Topre holds its value, so just sell it on mechmarket.

But chances are, you won't. The typing experience is unreal. The layout only took 5 days to get used to and has become second nature now. Truth be told, it's a superior layout. The movement of ctrl and backspace makes so much sense. The arrow keys took a bit to get used to but if you're a *nix user, it won't matter much.

Do whatever you want, but if you're pursuing a better typing experience, hhkb is a step most people take at some point in this hobby. If not hhkb, at least topre.

That's C++

Imagine being so slow with a tkl keyboard that you need to have this giant appendage that's just a repeat of all the same group of keys you already had
>he doesn't use an external numpad
that's the way to go, I don't completely mind numpads but don't lump them in with the keyboard itself jesus christ

based

realforce is better and cheaper, i have tried both and i can say from experience that the all 55g realforce feels infinitely nicer

>t. Doesn't know how to touch type the number row
Actually I just don't believe you. I don't see how making 3 fingers handle 3 keys each could be faster than having one finger for each key (excluding 2 fingers that have 2 keys each). Or do you think that operator placement makes up for that?

55g Realforce is better if you want bump feedback, and is available is standard keyboard layouts.

Attached: LRM_EXPORT_20170929_102949.jpg (2048x1536, 2.14M)

>Truth be told, it's a superior layout.
Yes, you can get the exact same layout with a fully programmable keyboard that isn't made fully out of plastic for roughly $120. So, what's left? The topre switches? If you believe that the topre switches are worth $180 more than some Cherry MX switches, you're simply deluded.

And another detail about the layout:
You can get that same layout with software on a $10 dollar keyboard. Furthermore, if you're talking about superior layouts while using QWERTY, you're simply put retarded.

There's nothing the HHKB gives their user that a fully programmable mechanical keyboard doesn't. Even worse, you can get a simple non-programmable mechanical keyboard for roughly $60 dollars, good switches, good build, more keys, and just change the layout with software.

>don't lump them in with the keyboard itself
Why not?

you can't touch type with the number row, retard

Don't try to argue. Post purchase rationalization is a thing.

>you can't touch type with the number row, retard

Maybe you are the retard.

I know from your post that you don't have a real job involving a computer, and you're probably a teenager

Those mind reading powers are quite impressive for someone that doesn't know how to type.

Numpad is useful for macro keys and fast numerical data entry. Only point of removing is if you wish to sacrifice functionality for minimalism, which is a bad tradeoff

25% markup because it's sold in japan only
25% for the (amazing) unique layout
50% because muh topre

The keycaps are also almost Leopold level, so there's that.

Best keyboard. Also it has Fn keys. Look at the number row. What sort of shitty work do you do that needs them anyway?

Attached: image.jpg (1776x1184, 1.56M)

>available is standard keyboard layout
No it doesn't

Okay. Doesn't change the fact that I bought my hhkb for considerably less than brand new. Out or curiosity, where can I find a kit that has topre switches and this specific layout? I find it hard to believe I can purchase all these things separately for less than the price of a brand new, let alone what I paid for mine. I could be wrong though, I'm pretty new to mechanical keyboards. If this stuff exists, then you've done nothing but save me money, so I appreciate it.

I'm not rationalizing anything. If you read the post you'd know there is nothing to rationalize. I can sell the keyboard for a very small loss if I want.

Was hoping you'd show up. One of the few people who understands why the hhkb is the best. Thanks, and nice setup.

It doesn't show anything... nothing about that setup is remotely good.

tried one with heavy domes, felt great 2bh
shame about the numpad though

It's actually 150, but still that much for a rubber dome is stupid.

What kind of giga cuck buys this shit?
>yuropoors do
oh yeah lmao that's right bawhahaha

Attached: topre.png (1155x881, 91K)

Where the hell are you guys getting HHKBs for 300? Not even the overpriced type S is worth that much. Don't tell me some amazon reseller was listing them for some ridiculous amount of money and retards believed that's what the actual cost was.

Attached: girls_holding_Happy_Hacking_Keyboard_Japan.jpg (2048x1598, 552K)

>keyboard that isn't made fully out of plastic
What else is there?
Wood, metal, glass?
Plastic is a great material for keyboards.

You're allowed to have an opinion, even if it's wrong.

>his keyboard isn't made entirely out of carbon-fiber to reduce weight
wow that must suck kiddo

are you neurodiverse?

As opposed to what?

What the fuck is with this autistic line of thinking? Its literally the best looking, feeling, and sounding board you can just buy off the shelf. You don't have to do anything to it - no need to solder, lube, or do anything and its still great. The rubber dome argument makes no sense - domes are the reason it feels/sounds the way it does, and the capacitive pcb gives you more reliability than any MX or Alps keyboard. There's also a fuckton of MX boards that cost $30 and shit, pretending like you're getting some 'value' by buying an MX board instead of topre because it uses plastic instead of rubber is top tier mental retardation.

The only boards that come even close to an HHKB or RF are good customs, and you're not going to build a decent custom without a bunch of fucking labour and at least a $600 investment if you don't have a soldering iron etc. already

You say that as if the model M doesn't exist. Yes it's a membrane keyboard, but it's reasonably priced unlike Topres and can still be bought today.

who the fuck needs f-keys?

probably something to do with numbers. you know numbers, the thing responsible for basically building our entire civilization, lifting human beings from being shit flinging prairie monkeys into being the gods we are today

Wait, your keyboard doens't have a number row? Why? I wouldn't even use that piece of shit.

does your moms calculator have a number row?

Yes it does, so do most peoples calculators.

wrong

Explain this then. You can clearly see the number row.

Attached: akrales_170302_1489_A_0025.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 135K)

You say this as if I don't have one. I own an M15 and SSK. They're not bad, but yeah no.

The base model M is fucking awful. It's big, it feels pretty mediocre, it sounds like shit, and the weighting is unreasonable. It also isn't as reliable (because its membrane trash). The SSK/M15 is at least somewhat aesthetic despite suffering from the same problems, but both cost more than an HHKB or RF.

The model F is a different story, but you're going to need to ANSI mod it and again costs much more (the cheapest decent F is the AT, which you'll need to ANSI mod, possibly replace foam and controller, and physically bend the spacebar stab wire because otherwise its stupidly fucking heavy) than an HHKB or RF.

How can someone have such shit taste?