FAGJARO HATE GENERAL

Manjaro has broken randomly more on me than any other distro. Manjaro once decided to remove my fucking swap partition for no reason after restoring from hibernation. I have no idea how it managed it, and I couldn’t extend my home logical volume with lvm to use the extra space. It just disappeared. Manjaro literally ate my fucking disk space.

Had to end up creating a swap file until other Manjaro issues caused me to find a non-shit distro

I have never used a more broken fucking distro in ten years of using gnu/Linux. It makes Arch look like fucking Debian in comparison.

If you want a rolling release just use Arch or Gentoo. Manjaro is a babies first distro which doesn’t even work properly, and the only people use it other than one of the *buntus is unwarranted superiority, unwarranted because they’re both gnu/Linux for babies.

Attached: 73CB636B-2E55-4EF6-B18C-9C1A7B8069F3.png (1366x768, 772K)

Other urls found in this thread:

linux.softpedia.com/blog/Manjaro-Linux-Wiki-and-Forum-Aren-t-Accessible-Developers-Instruct-Users-to-Change-Their-System-Clocks-478006.shtml
github.com/calamares/calamares/issues/918
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Agreed, though it has a nice default setting and looks, it has some really weird random bugs which I've never encountered in Arch Linux itself.

IMHO openSUSE Tumbleweed has stabler than Manjaro as a rolling release with pseudo-versions.

I installed Manjaro on my ThinkPad and fucking hated it.

>Closing the laptop lid caused some retarded screen issue, managed to fix it
>Installed the most recent (((proprietary))) GPU driver, somehow installing catalyst fucked Whisker menu, and it lost my config
>Graphics performance somehow managed to be worse
>Uninstall and reinstall free drivers
>Things seemed ok
>Few days later random crash while Pacman -Syu
>Have to hard reset as nothing is doing anything
>Whoops looks like it somehow managed to corrupt lightDM and I have a cli only system now
>Use LiveUSB to recover light DM, recovery and repair seems to go well reboot
>Whoops looks like grub is now fucked and you have no efi partition

And that's when I reinstalled Xubuntu

Fuck Manjaro. If you're going to make a "just wurks" distro, make it actually work

Is this a fucking copypasta? I've seen this exact thread before. Also, Manjaro on all my machines here. Never had a single hiccup.

>IMHO openSUSE Tumbleweed has stabler than Manjaro as a rolling release with pseudo-versions.

Tbh, OpenPEPE is light-years ahead of manjaro. Their quality can't even be compared. Only downside, the last time i used it was no newest nvidia drivers. Apart from that, it's one of the comfiest distros.

Yet.

>Manjaro on all my machines

Why not use a good distro?

Never had a problem with manjaro and I use it in my 2 laptops and the desktop. If you had problems let them know in their forum, it's more constructive than bitching about it in Jow Forums.

>expecting some scripts to be able to keep Arch + bloat working

The only people that say Manjaro is good are either people who haven’t used any other distro, and don’t know what a good distro is like, or those who haven’t had it catastrophicly shit itself yet. When it does they, like everyone else, will tell you Manjaro is shit.

People aren’t hating on Manjaro because it’s funny. People are hating on it because it does fucktarded things because the devs are incompetent. The dev team is like four fucking people (one of which is a tranny) who are seemingly incompetent. Like that time they forgot to update their SSL certificates, claimed it was user error and not their fault, then after getting shit on by everyone who uses Linux suggested the ‘fix’ of “hurr why not just change your system clock back one month”

linux.softpedia.com/blog/Manjaro-Linux-Wiki-and-Forum-Aren-t-Accessible-Developers-Instruct-Users-to-Change-Their-System-Clocks-478006.shtml

This is why I keep recommending Linux Mint to Linux newcomers despite what people says about it and about how Manjaro is better because it has more updated packages. Giving a rolling release distro to a technologically illiterate person is just a stupid idea no matter how pretty looks the distro or how many preinstalled shit it contains. They need something more stable so they have less chances of breaking it.

True, I haven't used many distros. I've used Ubuntu, Mint, Arch, Antergos, Fedora, Solus, OpensUSE and few other derivs from those. Manjaro has by far been the best combination of usability and recent packages. I like Arch family because it's not big on "freedom only" package philosophy, packages are new and fresh which helps me in my dev work and I like pacman. Problem with Arch is that it has no graphical installer. Arch is a desktop distro, and it makes no sense not to have one. Antergos' cinchi has been troubling for me in my experience. Manjaro? Smooth.

>They forgot to update their SSL
The only people seem to bitch about that are the people that don't use it. Never pretend that Arch repos or their website itself never goes down as well. But those are trivial issues to me as I give a little time to think about my distro. I got other things to do.

You are a faggot who can’t install arch. You are going to have to deal with people calling your shit baby distro a shit baby distro.

like what the fuck
what the actual fuck
archwiki instlalation guide exists
archwiki general recommendation page exists
literally why the fuck would you use Manjaro
holy FUCK you people make me MAD

>Manjaro, smooth

Doesn’t Calamaries or whatever have system breaking install issues where it randomly decides not to put esp flags on efi partitions for UEFI systems? I mean sure you can do it manually, but most people who use Manjaro are brainlets who can’t.

do you have an alert set for manjaro threads on Jow Forums so you can post this shit greentext every time one pops up? or do you just make the threads yourself?

Yes.

github.com/calamares/calamares/issues/918

>make a ‘just werks’ arch
>it doesn’t work

Kek

>samefagging THIS hard

>18 posts
> 9 IPs

Attached: C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg (800x450, 45K)

You're giving people mint and criticizing people for rolling... Mint is pure bullshit distro and you should kys for recommending that frankendebian. Come to think of it, they're both shit distros that i hope will die out.

>rolling release
Gentoo
Arch

>fixed release
Debian

If you use anything else you are retarded.

>Debian

Sorry PRIVACY AND FREEDOM scares you

Nigga all distros are shit. I got Ubuntu yesterday and I can't even compile my wifi drivers.

>I can’t compile something
>therefore the operating system is shit

Also nigger why do you even need to compile drivers on Ubuntu? Surely that shit ‘just werks’

Because Arch installer is really autistic and gives the impression Arch is just a timesink.

why the fuck is it always arch?

literally mount, pacstrap, bootloader, unmount. it's so fucking quick and simple. do you get nervous when you see a cli?

you forgot:
> setting your keyboard layout
> setting up your connection
> formatting
> adjusting your clock
> setting root up
> setting up user and password

Also, it can be quick and simple, once you know how to do it. It has a steep learning curve, though.

I

you're right but it just confuses me when the people say the install is downright hard. even if you have no idea what you're doing you will still be able to install it just because of how well documented it is. I was able to install it since I was a kid just because I payed attention to the instructions and didn't skim which I'm sure every user complaining about the install skims

>being a beaner

Or just use one of the installation scripts available that do literally everything for you.

Manjaro is hot trash and the unwarranted smugness of its users makes me hate them more than macfags