/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: Kenwood_KH71.jpg (1219x778, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RwqvrGaGXDI
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9271
youtube.com/watch?v=zJ3z1KsKuLc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Focal Clear yes or no?

Recommend me good and comfy Bluetooth headphones for bed
I already own HDs 600 and ER4SR, I purposely want Bluetooth headphones to watch anime and comfy music listening before sleep

Attached: 006AlxShly1fekt4psfnzj311v1i9b29.jpg (1363x1953, 1.29M)

Why do we hate Audeze again?

I don't know about bluetooth but dj headphones with swiveling earcups and a mono switch are max comfy.

No you don't want any sort of bluetooth if you already have HD600.

yes I want

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1511603689098.png (1280x720, 3.89M)

shitty, uncomfortable, overpriced planars.

I keep hearing this idol trash think and i dont get it.

What kind of music is it? how do I find it?

Fuck no.

Attached: focalshitengineering.png (3004x1012, 101K)

Watch Love Live.

Accept AUSDOM

Attached: 8D0BABD9-5F6D-415C-9614-D71C196FC142.png (1217x658, 290K)

Is this meant ironically to further the idea that bluetooth headphones are shit anyway, so why not pick a cheap chink one?

I know it's a pleb question, but what are the best wireless headphones?

>wireless

Attached: 1513325451793.gif (276x260, 1.08M)

so what should i buy then in the $1k-$1.5k range, i cant get staxs.

> i cant get staxs
Why?

getting an amp in europe is hard for em and everyone knows blue hawaii is best for them which costs like $8k in EU

comfiest headphones please? only over head tho'

What are good wireless headphones under $100? Am in USA. Getting tired of cables tangling. Ever since my old ATH-M50 broke I haven't had a pair of headphones or headset that didn't tangle at some point. I think the reason why the M50 didn't twist was because it's cable was done in a coiled spring from the beginning. If you have something wired like that (as in, absolutely guaranteed not to twist up) then I'd be willing to look at it. Otherwise I only want wireless.

Can you power a SRL500 with a SRM-252S amp?

Attached: 1537517001394.jpg (709x595, 156K)

Just use normal stax amp, they're available even within Yurop(unless you live in second-world country or smthing), or if you got the dosh then import from Japan.

It is a normal amp, just a cheap one stax makes.

Ordering Ausdom wireless from Aliexpress, fast delivery, feel good on head and strong bass. Excellent value, recommend!

yes but you're better off with an L300. L500 is just a pad swapped L300, so instead buy L300 and pad swap with L700 pads or buy an L300LE
what?
kill yourself
no he's literally a paid shill, there was also an user here claiming to be a schiit representative
see overpriced
clicks
takstar pro 82, hd800

D10 only has USB input, optical and coax are outputs
Replace either D30 or OL DAC with the khadas tone board
Replace the BHSE with either the Pure bipolar, GS-X mini or Kinki THR-1
Depending on future measurements consider replacing the Element with the monoprice THX amp as it's finally in stock

>Replace the BHSE with either the Pure bipolar, GS-X mini or Kinki THR-1
these aren't even stax amps you retardo

so?, if the point was to put an estat amp then there should also be one on the objectivist side

>so?, if the point was to put an estat amp then there should also be one on the objectivist side
not really you would just buy an srm-252 or 323 depending on how much gain you'd like. there's no objectivity when it comes to amps in stax land

Are Sony H900n over ear 2 good wireless choice for £149 new? I want to move on from mdr-1a which I love for outdoors to wireless headphones with nc

Attached: 20171231_132656~01.jpg (3101x1851, 1.12M)

Fidelio X2', sony mdr-1a, beyer dt770 and higher

>Budget
200€ but willing to spend a bit more if the quality is much better
>Location
Germany
>Source
Phone since I mainly want to use it when I am traveling
>Type of headphone
Full sized preferably. Iems are very uncofortable to me
>Open or closed
Closed prefered I don't want to annoy people close to me.
>Comfort level
quality over comfort

Sony Mdr-1am2, audio technica ws660

Join the happy ranks of Takstar Pro 82 owners!

Attached: 91579FEC-0DB6-41C0-9639-056B7D24E4E2.gif (220x190, 978K)

Get Elex through a package forwarder. Costed me about 800$ in total, but I got them and I'm in Europe.

Is it really just a pad difference? If so you saved me $400... thanks

Should I get an HD 579/599 on black friday or should I just get an HD 58X? I'll mostly use them for gaming and sometimes music. Also not looking to buy a DAC/AMP right now.

Thanks for the recommendations.
I'll probably go for the Sony Mrd-1am2. I can't find the takstar pro82 on sale anywhere.

hd58x, the other 5xx sennheisers are bad

user is just a salty 50 year old we bullied who thinks we recommend the takstar to everyone which is why he's recommending it to you who wanted a bluetooth can. we ignore him, his memes are cringe worthy

I remember some youtuber was giving a $10 off coupon from their own referral link from your first purchase there.

How comfortable are they? And I can just plug them straight into my mobo, right?

I believe the elex can now be ordered worlwide

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro (plus or studio).

do closed-back headphones really sound worse? my house is usually pretty noisy so idk what to get

Attached: yotsuba-headphones.png (400x340, 130K)

Open-back sounds more natural and less "inside-your-head", however if you are in a noisy environment there's no point in going with open-back since you'd probably miss the details to the noise.
>Silent environment: open > closed.
>Noisy environment: closed > open.

"inside-your-head" seems like it would be better to me anyway or maybe i'm misinterpreting it

so what are the best closed-back sennheisers under ~$400?

No. They are more difficult to get right, but not necessarily worse in performance. Open-backed headphones simplify acoustic engineering. They still cannot escape the problem of sounding in the head, unless your count foley. Headphones don't differ on this point beyond equalization.

As for what to get, that depends on the price point, location, and anything else you want. The Shure SRH1540 has good isolation, but may be priced high. The NAD HP50 is another one, though a bit small.

is sennheiser not that good when it comes to closed-backs?

Does anyone have experience with the Yamaha HPH-MT5 ?

What's the best/decent head set for xbox one?
Need something with a good mic that won't echo sounds from the head set. Preferably wired.

They seem pretty neat. Are they good to power with smartphones?

is it bad to pass my audio signal trough the line in and headphone out of an audio interface
is it gonna fuck my frequency response and life up

Attached: 52b9f464168b6b2826705fb22357a361.jpg (1200x1679, 1.38M)

Yeah, they are very easy to drive.

>unless your count foley
Please explain.

dacs are inaudible

Now im really stuck deciding between the ATH-M50 X, Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros and the
Sony Mrd-1am2. The custom one pros appear extremly good for the price but are kind of ugly.

>kind of ugly
if it's not ugly it doesn't sound good, user.

>Attention: All work safe boards are soon going to be on the 4channel.org domain.
>this means more redditors on Jow Forums
>even more redditors come to /hpg/
as if we didn't have enough already. gonna need to be even more anti-semitic

Attached: onelasttrip.jpg (866x783, 27K)

where can I get earpads for my b&o H6?

Is that chicken scratch supposed to be a signature on that headphone, or did a child just scribble on it?

>go to Jow Forumsheadphones to see if it as shit as I remember
>see people unironically praising Zeos
Into the trash it goes

Attached: CC54828B-3A24-4079-9E0A-5FE234FDDAF9.jpg (766x540, 81K)

Alright I want to invest in some good headphones next year. I just got a new tube receiver and some Altec 887a's. I'm probably gonna move up to Phillips Fidelio series, since I have the shp9500s. I'm preferably looking for something to check my mixes for reference. I'm willing to invest about $150-200.

Attached: 1467410196802.jpg (500x496, 69K)

Zeos became cringey. He used to do good reviews, but by now he probably has ear damage from wanking to digital waifu moans.

I never understood how Zeos even gets his fans. Most of the popular audio bullshitters at least have the ability to sound deceptively convincing if you don’t know any better, but Zeos is just this one big fat fuck who can’t even try to describe audio besides inane shouts of ”WHOA” and ”THEESE”.

Seriously, who wants to watch a 30 min video of a fatso gently caressing some cables?

>he used to do good reviews

Attached: 69C38DFF-1DCB-454E-A9D6-DC674BC93157.jpg (1200x800, 121K)

>(((Zeos)))
ftfy

Tbh i thought he was good untill i saw his video on the shp9500s and the video came to the point where he kinda said they were better than his hd600's. While i already saw loads of people saying their 9500s sound muddy when compared to the hd600's and the 600 was an obvious upgrade.

Hello vintage Kenwood.
Their orthos were actually decent. Those things really weren't.

>Budget
50-150€
>Location
EU
>Source
Android phone, aptx compatible
>Type of headphone
Over-ear Bluethoot, no Noice-canc. (shit tier i know but i need them)
>Open or closed
Not relevant, just good confort and good sound.
>Comfort level
avarage, for one or two hour a day.
>Sound signature
Not stressful and smooth balanced sound.
>Past headphones
Shit tier In-ear JBL. I want something enjoyeble for listen to music. For that budget i put my eye on the sennheiser hd 4.40 but any advice is welcome. Thanks.

Attached: anime headphone.png (1280x1870, 2.24M)

Caressing your cables have been subjectively proven to increase plankton levels by 27.3% at least

> i need them)

no you don't

No one, really?

I can keep my headphones at work and listening to music, but since I constantly do handwork I can not always have the cable between.

Well, unless you're legit autistic who stims over that kinda sensory stimulus, have you considered pulling the cord under your shirt?

Why audiophiles chase maximum file quality like lossless or even hi-res but at the same time they think that it's ok to have r2r dac or tube amp with high levels of distortion or bad speakers/headphones without accurate frequency response?

Attached: kisspng-emoji-thought-clip-art-think-5ac00a5c45bd26.1212722715225350042857[1].jpg (900x900, 57K)

because they're mentally retarded

2018 version exist?
Impossible to get an sph9500 under 250€(except chink fake).

Attached: 1483570038562.jpg (2052x2249, 961K)

Attached: 1539622464336.jpg (800x600, 147K)

>HD 600
I'm looking at this for black friday. Hopefully it comes down more.

Wouldn't using a PSU or batterry pack solve this issue

What's the best quality sound file for my anime music listening? And where can I download them?

I need answer to this question too

I'm not stupid, i try this solution but i'm a very hairy man and under the shirt the damn jack annoy me. So u want to give me an advice on this headphone general or not?

>issue

>What's the best quality sound file for my anime music listening?
24bit 96k 5.1 is the best I've seen.
>And where can I download them?
AB

AB?

I never listened to idol trash, where do I start?

asl

Attached: 1537015128726.gif (720x720, 870K)

I'd figure Senn HD 4.40 BT would be within budget, or HD 4.50 BTNC - can't say shit about audio quality since I haven't tried them personally but you might want to look into them at least.

>AB
What's this?

ok these 2-3 letter acronym dont tell me much :(

Attached: 1488163509706.jpg (381x381, 39K)

a*g*l

Watch Love Live.

this?

youtube.com/watch?v=RwqvrGaGXDI

The anime.
anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=anime&aid=9271

I WANTED MUSIC!!!!!!!!!! specifically anime music.

Then watch Love Live.

youtube.com/watch?v=zJ3z1KsKuLc