SK Hynix Develops First 16 Gb DDR5-5200 Memory Chip, Demos DDR5 RDIMM

anandtech.com/show/13605/sk-hynix-develops-first-16-gb-ddr5-chip-demos-ddr5-rdimm

Dear DDR4 Plebs

You have only one year left till your shit-tier memory modules are no more relevant

Enjoy it while it lasts

Attached: SK-Hynix-1Ynm-DDR5-DRAM-678_678x452.jpg (678x452, 240K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/13612/sk-hynix-reveals-ddr4-3200-memory-chips-with-4-phase-clocking
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313777
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

how many times are you going to make this thread
also
>THAT WILL BE 500 DOLLARS GOYIM, PER GIGABYTE

Good Ddr4 speeds slow as fuck I want ddr5 6400+

Thank fucking god I spend small penny for current DDR4 setup, people who forked out top money for highest speed DDR4 is gonna be selling them cheap.

I only forked out 400usd or so all up on Ddr4 garbage over the last year
Hopefully I'll be able to get 32 then 64gb and sit on that for a while

anandtech.com/show/13612/sk-hynix-reveals-ddr4-3200-memory-chips-with-4-phase-clocking

First time hearing about this. Is this relevant to todays memory?

It's still gonna be years before Gskill makes the Trident Z RGB versions
I don't buy the bland green looking chips like in your OP

The last thread is still warm in the archive and you're making a new shit one. DDR5 is a useless meme and nobody cares. See:

>mfw still on DDR3

Attached: 1495312724343.png (1622x970, 359K)

Like all tech yes.

tfw when upgraded from DDR2 to DDR3 for 20 bucks

Same, found all my DDR3 in the dumpster at work, really miss that bin, found a lot of value.

>when when
sry, drunk

99% of consumers are still fine with 8gb at 1600hz.
Why buy new ram if you're not using it for work?

boi i can't wait to throw my hard earned monies at this next year

yep. I always buy used RAM, all of it has lifetime warranties.

Saw plenty of ignoramus who think latency is the end of it all, none of these clowns know anything about the new tech behind DDR5, all they do is to repeat silly past decades arguments.

muh gayms

>doesn't understand what workloads benefit from more bandwidth
>thinks more bandwidth is bad
>think DDR2 was the best memory ever

Inevitably there is always some luddite who shows up in these threads and parrots this dumb shit.

nobody thinks that, retard. some people just don't use more

Memory bandwidth is clearly relevant for high core count cpus. Anything more than 8 cores on dual channel ddr4 gets bandwidth starved fast.

This is going to be more relevant for server space before it matters much for mobile/workstation markets.

AMD promised that they were keeping the AM4/SP3 (i.e., DDR4) platforms around through at least Zen 3, but the fact that Rome has a discrete IO/memory controller die makes it very probable that Milan will come in both SP3 and some new DDR5 supporting platform variant as well. 1 DDR4 channel per 8c is already stretched quite thin (even with gobs of L3), so future 96c or whatever server chips need more DRAM bandwidth desperately.

Another /v/tard with no understanding of how the world works. If you think there are going to be desktop systems using DDR5 next year, you're fucking retarded. It'll be rolled out to servers and devices using SoCs first in 2020, then HEDT platforms in 2021, with mainstream platforms not getting it until 2022. Screecap this post so that you can have a daily reminder of just how right I am for the next four years.

Or how wrong you were

2020 is the Year of DDR5 and PCIe 5.0

I recall people saying that ddr4 would be a short lived spec. It's release date was 2014.
It feels like it was more. DDR3 felt like it went for 10 years (but it was about 5 years too, 2009-2014).
Seeing how that fucking cartel is doing god's work with all things related to memory (including nand), i'm starting to believe this 5 years life span are more artificial than synthetic sweeteners derived from plastic, and just as distasteful.

to clarify the reference.
this kind of god's work.

Attached: article-1226114-0722353C000005DC-746_468x438.jpg (468x438, 49K)

still using ddr3 1333mhz... kek

>People fell for the DDR4 meme
Who else here is skipping straight from DDR3 to DDR5?
>tfw 100GB DDR3 between my laptop, desktop, and server

it doesnt matter for most home use cas9 1600mhz ram is enough even today gaming/photoshop/etc
they can release ddr6 for all i care, once benches are out the performance differnce is always minimum...

nah see this.
2019 is a damn good bet for ddr5.

pci 5.0 though, I can't see 4.0 which will also in 2019 having such a fast eol target date. really doubt it would be less than one year. Outside epyc rome specs, I don't think I've seen 4.0 mentioned anywhere else. So, lay off that pipe user.

that wasn'tthe case at all.
The performance isn't the problem. The inner workings of the industry though, that's one disgusting quagmire.

so ryzen 3 gonna have ddr5?

>Dear DDR4 Plebs
I want PCIe 5.0 instead

tfw happily using ddr3

I'd say something in the fashion am3 and am3+ went. With the mobos having socket pin compatibility and dual mem support. legacy ddr4 + ddr5.

just to make, when you say ryzen 3 were you refering to the next launch or the one after? I meant it fort he one after, the one aimed for 2019 being ryzen 2, 3xxx series (following in the footsteps of ryzen (1xxx and ryzen+ 2xxx). So, ryzen 3 would be the 4xxx series.

why?

m.2 raid

that was actually one valid point.

>I want PCIe 5.0 instead
PCIe 5.0 is ~33 Gbps, and analog stuff gets much messier at higher frequencies. It is a serious open question about how long PCIe 5.0 traces can workably be produced without expensive repeater chips all over the place. Current best guesses are something like 8 inches, so don't expect tons of PCIe 5.0 slots any time soon. The first implementations might very well be just the one or two slots on server motherboard closest to the CPU sockets, for the sole purpose of 200/400 GbE enterprise NICs.

im talking about ryzen 3000

Actually read the article in the OP and you will see a very obvious confirmation one way or the other.

DDR5 7000MHz for SUPER FAST GAYMEN soon bros!

Who cares as long the price fixing problem is still going on.

>DDR5-5200
>Only 2GB
Wow... impressive.

hopefully mini-itx becomes the standard

>2GB per chip
>8 per side, so a 32GB DIMM
Not bad for a start

Milan will probably come with different IO chips for different host platform variants. E.g., standard SP3 one with DDR4 and PCIe 4.0, another with new socket and DDR5 support and with some but not all lanes of PCIe 5.0, etc. AMD has to at least offer SP3 variants to meet platform longevity promises, but enterprise customers will be demanding DDR5 and to a lesser extent PCIe 5.0 by 2020.

DDR2 here

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-17_22-51-27.png (530x120, 15K)

Ryzen 1 is Zen
Ryzen 2 is Zen+
Ryzen 3 is Zen 2

it's n+1 because of zen+
ryzen 1xxx - zen
ryzen 2xxx - zen+
ryzen 3xxx - zen 2
ryzen 4xxx - zen 3

not to mention that that was exactly what I said.

they will come with rgb shit on day one as soon as ddr5 actually launches. rgb is here to stay. you may not like it but this is what peak consumerism has come to

That looks more like it.

I read it completely wrong then and thought they meant 16Gb per module, not per chip.

same

Attached: ddr2 master race.png (403x402, 18K)

Same, I really have zero need to upgrade anything other than my GPU, and I have my roommates Ryzen and my ex's Skylake thing to compare against. Minus AMD unfucking themselves, this is probably the most boring and horribly-valued PC gen in recent memory

Attached: 142561465.png (717x436, 44K)

Jokes on you , I'm still running ddr3 with my 2500k

Is 2133 too slow for current games?

The pricing on RAM currently is fucking nuts. I managed to get 16GB of DDR4 2133 RAM a few years ago for 70€ and now that price has increased to almost 160€.

>Is 2133 too slow for current games?
No, RAM speeds are mostly a meme.

>16GB of DDR4 2133 RAM a few years ago for 70€
2x8gb 3000mhz RAM for $99.99

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313777