Is Jow Forums's recommended search engine really just a proxy of Google? They pay Google...

Is Jow Forums's recommended search engine really just a proxy of Google? They pay Google... That sounds like Stockholm syndrome. Is there a search engine which respects users that is built from scratch (and is actually decent)?

Attached: startpage.png (1625x671, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

qwant.com/?q=google censoring results
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>not hacking the NSA and querying their database

google is the best search engine. startpage fixes its privacy issue. it's a win-win, why do you complain?

Google censors results

Searx > Qwant > DuckDuckGo > StartPage

Bing is the official Jow Forums search engine.

They pay google, but who pays them?

It relies on Google. We need to break out of the Google ecosystem.

source

They show ads like Google, but I would imagine most of their users block those ads, so I'm not sure.

They delist stuff because of DMCA.

every centralized search engine does that

You have access to the internet, please use it qwant.com/?q=google censoring results

Why doesn't someone make a search engine where people voluntarily submit their websites instead of having to crawl?

I can't even use searx without tweaking my umatrix/ublock I don't know which, never bothered to turn them off

I click search and nothing happen, then after clicking too much oh "Rate limit exceeded"

Very suspicious

Your browser is broken then. I just tested blocking scripts in uMatrix on searx.me and searx.xyz, both work fine.
Searx.me limits the number of searches per minute to 10 because they're shit. But this is unrelated to you being unable to fetch results.
Don't use uMatrix if you don't know how to.

Using iridium here. I know how to use uMatrix to a certain extent, but for searx I did not bother to tweak it

Who /yandex/ here? Tfw part of comfy Russian botnet instead of the (((New World Order)))

Hahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahshshshshahahahahagagagasgsgssgagagaggagagagahahahahhahahahaga
Nigga you’d be searching like 100 sites

because there would be fuck all on it

>It's just a proxy of google
Yes that's the fucking point you dipshit

You don't have to tweak it at all. It works out of the box. You fucked something up.