pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 128.jpg (330x330, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.4channel.org/*
boards.4channel.org/*
github.com/ccd0/Jow
stackoverflow.com/questions/6787233/python-how-to-read-bytes-from-file-and-save-it
pastebin.com/hX9cjh0V
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

On my new mobo I have a "CPU OPT Fan connector", should I use it to power my exhaust fan?

cute remi

is there a way to run linux without installing it on a hard drive?

Where are you supposed to install tarballs to? Are there any guidelines to this?
Where should I put my scripts?
Where should I use files that my scripts reference/configs in general?

I-Is it possible to damage a router/switch with a badly wired up rj45 cable? I mightve messed up and when coming back to check on the cable i newly created the port it was plugged into no longer functions.

Attached: 1507749377478.jpg (306x331, 69K)

See pic related.
Why can't I ping the other computer in my network?

$ my-ip
$ ping 192.168.1.64
Pinging 192.168.1.64 with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.

Is it because the Ethernet-connect one is not on wifi, so i can't ping it?

Attached: 123.jpg (561x191, 25K)

nvm im dumb. waste of trips sorry

live disc or live usb

How do I download from windowsiso? I'm retarded and can't seem to find the torrent

Two things.

What does it even take to get an entry level job in IT nowadays? I've been getting shut down for the past year. Even internships prove difficult to get. I'm losing my motivation. I don't have the money to pay for certifications, and I won't be getting it anytime soon.

Also, is there an 8TB HDD that is relatively reliable, or should I wait on purchasing one? I have a small number of hard drives that could be put to use in a small NAS or something, instead of having 12TB+ of HDDs connected to my computer. Plus, I kind of want to get my hands into setting up and configuring small servers. Seems like it might be fun.

Retard here.
How do I get 4chanX to work at 4channel.org?

Wait until someone else figures it out for you.
Don't know a lot about networking, but most of my problems are caused by my router. Have you googled "ping other devices network" yet?
Could be just chinesium quality hardware. Almost all USB ports on my old Compaq are broken because of it.
For what exactly? Tarballs are just archives like RAR or zip, so you're have to be more specific.

I use /opt for anything not installed/managed by the installed package manager

>For what exactly? Tarballs are just archives like RAR or zip, so you're have to be more specific.
Talking specifically about software, as it tends to be distributed in tarballs if the package isn't made for a package manager.
I tend to put it somewhere in home, or /usr/bin or something, depending on how fancy strikes me. I have yet to get myself a consistent approach.

Sounds like it might be a pretty clean approach. Not all distros have /opt, but considering that I want to use it for self-installed software, I guess there's no issue in just creating the directory.
Any conventions that I should take into account for /opt?

How do I get 4chanX to work with the new domain? I tried adding
// @include boards.4channel.org/*
// @include boards.4channel.org/*
// @connect 4channel.org
But it still doesn't work. Is it something on the script's end that needs doing? Everything looks to be the same, just a domain change, so I can't imagine there's that much to it.

Attached: thinking vampire.gif (1119x884, 586K)

It's certainly possible.

What the fuck did you do?

There are a few security checks that prevent it from running, see
github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/blob/6969f4a8cf02d4ffff13df852743ba50ccfc7960/src/site/SW.yotsuba.coffee#L64

here's some more references that probably need to be updated.
github.com/ccd0/Jow Forums-x/search?l=CoffeeScript&q=Jow Forums.org

Can you ping the other way?
What OS does the other computer have?

IIRC Win10 has started dropping ICMP packages by default. So you cannot ping them anymore on default settings.
It's unlikely that your router is responsible, as internally it's just a wireless access point wired to a switch, which is in turn wired to the other computer.

accidentally mixed up white-blue and white-green

Attached: image.png (510x599, 391K)

As long as it's white-on-white, that shouldn't actually cause an issue.
After all, you already have two kinds of cables - mixed A/B for crossover cables and consistent A/A for straight-through cables. Or B/B for Americans from thirty years ago.
Nowadays devices can just auto-negotiate the wiring if you use straight-through/crossover in the wrong situation.

then port 4 of my tp-link shitswitch was broken to begin with. The cable didnt work regardless.

>Can you ping the other way?
no
>What OS does the other computer have?
both have windows 10

if both computers were on wireless i could ping from one to another.

I see. I don't know shit about Javascript or I'd go tooling around in there myself. Thanks for the help though.

Attached: 1532133541689.jpg (1050x822, 203K)

>if both computers were on wireless i could ping from one to another.
So you tried putting the wired one onto wireless and it worked?

Is your ethernet port configured as a guest network?
What's your IPv4 prefix/subnet mask? Looking at your IPs, it should be close to /16 or 255.255.0.0. Otherwise they'll be in separate networks.

>Otherwise they'll be in separate networks.
yeah this is mostly likely my problem.
gonna see if I can find a workaround

I'm upgrading an old laptop's internal 500GB HDD.
Would it be reasonable to get a 1TB 2.5" HDD, or should I just bite in and get a 1TB SDD?

How to implement a regex parser in C

Is it possible to update from MacOS 10.8.5 to MacOS Mojave without a Apple ID ?

I restored my old Macbook Pro mid 2012 and it was set to 10.8.5.
I cant log into the App Store and download Mojave because Apple wont allow me to log in to my Apple ID on 10.8.5 or earlier versions of MacOS.

So, how can I update without an Apple ID ?

I think this is a part of their planned ob$ole$ence $cam.

If you need the theory behind that shit:

An IPv4 address is 32 bits long. Each three-digit number stands for 8 bits.
A prefix of /16 means that the first 16 bits indicate the network. In your example, these first 16 bits are identical, so if that's the prefix they'll be in the same network.
However, if the prefix is, say, /24, then the third number will also indicate the network. And that third number is different for your two addresses.

Subnet mask equivalents:
/16 - 255.255.0.0
/24 - 255.255.255.0

If you are lucky, you can tell the DHCP server in your router to distribute IP addresses with a different subnet mask or from different IP ranges.
Alternatively, you can just use static addresses, which you'd likely have to set on the devices themselves unless that feature of your DHCP server is exposed on your router.

Is there a linux application that lets brainlets like me easily create encrypted containers? Preferably via a GUI?
I have a folder of documents that needs to be Encrypted. I used to use Bitlocker on Windows which was easy peasy, but you fucks have made me feel like Windows is spying on my so I can't save private documents on it anymore.

veracrypt

disable 'client isolation' or 'wireless isolation', something like that
and check your subnets

For security you are better off using cryptsetup as it is likely already in your distros repositories, look up luks container

Help.

A file has taken my external HDD hostage and refuses to leave.

Attached: 45345345345.jpg (566x355, 43K)

I made a server out of my old pc.
I've installed samba, minidlna, openssh, and the LAMP stack.
What are some other services/software that are useful or fun?

>delete basics~1.zip

how do domains work, why is it boards.Jow Forums.org, not Jow Forums.boards.org?

IF MY DNS ADDRESS IS 1.1.1.1 DOES MY ISP SEE MY ACTIVITY (NO VPN)

ALSO WHAT VPN CAN HANDLE 800 MEGABIT DOWNLOAD SPEED????

Attached: ghtyrt.jpg (960x1280, 270K)

nice

thanks for the detailed answer

>why is it boards.Jow Forums.org, not Jow Forums.boards.org?
because when Jow Forums was made they decided on that. it could be anything

>been trying to read intro to algorithms for over 40hrs now and im barely past pg10
what do i do for concentration guys ...

Attached: 1541952568463.png (500x522, 170K)

waklert/modalert

>DOES MY ISP SEE MY ACTIVITY
yes

>WHAT VPN CAN HANDLE 800 MEGABIT DOWNLOAD SPEED
Most likely none of the usual ones. I recommend you to get your own custom setup.

yeah im totally going to go out of my way and drop $200 on some sleep medication
fucking moron

contacts, calendar, email stack if you have a life

google awesome-selfhosted and awesome-sysadmin

thank you

Using a pirated copy of Windows 10 LTSB and the "activate windows xdd" thing has come up in the bottom right today after 3+ months of no issues, how do I make it fuck off?

Attached: 104.jpg (250x229, 9K)

I'm still using the stylechan/oneechan script to theme Jow Forums and everything seems to be working fine for now. I imagine this 4channel change will stop that from being the case though. With nebukazar gone is there a easy way to add the new domain to stylechan/oneechan?

add exceptions to your userscript options
find boards.Jow Forums.org in the script and also add 4channel as well
come on man you didnt need me to say this

Titamium backup stopped working and no matter what version i install it force closes on opening.
Is there anything that would force it to fc? Like some version swaping switch for some reason?

>I imagine this 4channel
wat

look up kmspico. watch out where you download it from, though. There are numerous pajeets on youtube that cover this aswell.

That's what I figured. There's only 2 matches, one at the top and one deep in the code for some mobile font shit. Let hope it works. Thanks

Is codecadamey a good website to learn programming?

What the fuck is this retard doing.
3 fucking years and no vpx9 and webp which will save $$$$ on bandwidth but this fucker is going to spit the boards in half.
Jow Forums
4channel
aint noone going to advertise with either.

I have an old gayming laptop (Asus G75VW - i7 3770m, GTX660m, 12gb DDR3, 500gb 5400rpm HDD, W10). Can I use this as a media server at home? Where can I find resources to learn more about how to do this?
Pic unrelated

Attached: XLFzkPf (1).jpg (878x1530, 981K)

ty :)

how do I reset my home IP if I have fiber?
restarting the modem doesn't work

If you read that thread or any of the others on every board you'll see that everyone but Hiro realizes that. This is the beginning of the end.

do you have dynamic IP?

I don't know how to figure that out but I'm assuming no if restarting my router doesn't work

This dosent always work, it depends on your isp.
You may need to go in and release the dhcp lease and wait a few minutes and then renew it.
Your lease can still be held on the is['s side and you simply ask for an ip and they send you the cached ip they have on record for your mac address.
You may have to disable the entire device in addition to releasing the ip lease.

>dhcp lease
not him , but my router says :
DHCP Lease Time: Infinite

what does it mean?

how do you write code and compile it on templeOS

Most likely static then
Do you have "release" button anywhere on that page or when you go to the device status?

Free android office apps without adds?

i have this screen on the router info

Attached: wwww.png (1017x553, 67K)

Thats your internal ip. You need to go to the routers device page, the one that has your external ip listed on it

How do I open a bytes object in Python as if it were a file?

stackoverflow.com/questions/6787233/python-how-to-read-bytes-from-file-and-save-it

idiot
how to read BYTES as if it were a FILE
not read bytes FROM a file

I'm sick of Palemoon. Sometimes the browser will stop working outright, refusing to load any webpages despite being able to use internet explorer, google chrome, and firefox perfectly fine on the same machine. I can only assume it has to do with number of tabs open, but I don't usually have all that many.
What browsers does Jow Forums recommend that are efficient, optimized for many tabs being open without being a whore for RAM, and aren't botnets? FOSS if possible too

Got a Samsung 750 Evo SSD just recently. Probably not that good but still, I'd like to know:

1. Is it worth installing either Samsung Magician (and using rapid mode) or Intel RST?

2. Any BIOS settings I should look for while at it to make sure this shit boots real fast?

Really? In PIL you can open images that are only present in your RAM without having to save them, I was kinda hoping you could do the same for other filetypes.

What are some keysms i can use to bind extra mouse buttons?
I've used f13-24. But i dont know of any other keys or combos that generate a new keysys.
I tried control/shift/alt and the keypad numbers but they dont generate a new keysym they use the same ones.
Ideas?

I don't know how to do any of what you said

Attached: 1424025566017.png (325x297, 40K)

I use 3 different PC at work, 2 at home, 1 at my parents and one laptop that i carry with me.
Is it possible to share one OS with all these PCs. If i change one thing (create a file, install a new software) at home i want to see the same change on all the other PCs.

I can only think of VMs to do this. Problem is that a VM image is a huge file and its impossible to sync that. Syncing deltas would be okay i guess.

Any ideas?

I can't enter BIOS because PXE starts too fast, ignoring my del presses completely. So I can't turn PXE off either.
What do? Please help me, I want to access my Chinese cartoons

What should I look for in a mother board?

Has anyone tried Windows 10 enterprise LTSC 1809? Does it delete files in documents folder like the regular Windows?

chromeos?

Unplug your nic card

Surely someone else had set up something like Plex and can help an user out

I dont really want to depend on a connection when using the VM, connecting for initial syncing is fine.

Im thinking my idea is not possible

just had a thought. set up a server and use your other machines as thin/zero clients. basically centralized os that all the machines access

Thank you, unfortunately I can't, it's an onboard nic and is enabled per default. That's why I can't simply reset the BIOS either. Default is already fucked.
I removed the rj45s from the nic, but that didn't do anything

Using arch, what's the name of the console that appears before the display server.

tty?

tty

so I'm trying to build an app in C# and it's basically pic related

when I transfer the files to my laptop or any other PC there's a module that stops working altogether and throws me this:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MySoftDll.Config.getColorBit()
at MySoft.Config..ctor()
at Soft.Form1.btn_configs_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

rest of the app works great
what the fuck am I doing wrong?

Attached: womm.png (200x193, 30K)

Could you put that into a pastebin so other people can read it better.

pastebin.com/hX9cjh0V

>how do domains work, why is it boards.Jow Forums.org, not Jow Forums.boards.org?
It could be either, but boards.Jow Forums.org makes more sense.

gookmoot dosent own "boards.org"

A bit of context:
I'm having problems setting up my old Python environments after upgrading to Fedora 29. Stuff like Tensorflow can't be installed via pip anymore.
I don't know shit about how pip packages are made available, but I assume the problem lies with the upgrade to Python 3.7 and the packages not being available for it. Python 3.6 is available in Fedora's repos, but it seems like pip isn't included.

Is there any way to get Python 3.6's pip on Fedora 29 without compiling it from source?

Attached: 1540179520725.png (424x960, 178K)

I have my router set up and all, but the cable that goes from the wall socket to the router is an RJ45 8p2c (i.e. only two of the 8 pins have contact), and it seems to be incompatible with the router, as its socket has 4 contacts, in a different position.

Will getting an Rj45 with 4 contacts likely solve this?

Attached: jeb-galactic-emperor.jpg (800x606, 55K)

>gookmoot dosent own "boards.org"
That's also why it makes more sense, but technically, both work. For all we know, there is a Jow Forums.boards.org somewhere. boards.org doesn't even go anywhere, so it's likely that domain is parked. Doesn't stop whoever owns it from making a Jow Forums.boards.org website url.

>oesn't stop whoever owns it from making a Jow Forums.boards.org website url.
But in this context we are talking about the capacity of Jow Forums.org, what subdomains it could make and how they connect.
Saying "boards.org exists blah blah blah" means jackshit

Is there any program that adds the bandwith usage for windows 7?