>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 1538356951864.jpg (640x640, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Philips-226E9QDSB-Frameless-1920x1080-FreeSync/dp/B07DMCLYHY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1542472157&sr=8-4&keywords=ips freesync 22 inch
pcpartpicker.com/list/ds279J
pcpartpicker.com/list/PCNqQZ
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125875&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
au.pcpartpicker.com/user/khilla/saved/wC7dXL
youtube.com/watch?v=8caCYb0G0ec
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gigabyte or MSI motherboard

Gigabyte.

I got my hands on a free intel socket mobo, so that's why I'm getting an intel cpu.

Would a $1500 budget be good enough for a build that would last me at least 7 years without being outdated? Also should I wait to build? I heard that memory prices and GPU prices will go back to normal this year.

This year is almost over user

Hard to say but at 1080p with a 1070 ti/vega56 it could last for a while, i think vega performs better in DX12

Oh I meant next year. Ram is just too pricey.

>1080p 60gps gamin for $120 ftw

Where?!

Is a good 1080 like a dell ultrasharp a better monitor than a 1440 or 4k?

How do black Friday deals work on Amazon? New deals each day until Friday right? And then just buy before they go out of stock or will they re-stock for le epic mega sale day on Friday like with the end of Steam sales?

Is it stupid to use a decent GPU with a mini ITX motherboard, considering it's being used on an ATX case?

Depends on the platform.
>7 years without being outdated?
In what fucking sense? That's a retarded question.

I'm sorry if this is asked a lot, but, is it better to take deals that come up on newegg and other sites now or to wait until black friday / cyber monday? I already bought a cpu and gpu at around a 20% discount, but I wonder if have blown my load too early.

What the hell are you doing.

7 whole years? Can't be predicted. You have to consider that in those 7 years they might just either completely stagnate or introduce new technologies that your hardware will just not like at all. 1500 ain't that much, and within a year already there's stuff like ddr5 and shit like that.

Also durability of course. Making sure that every component is just that durable or efficient in a few years. Yeah, doubt it.

RX 580 4gb on ebay
Mine came in yesterday, got super lucky on the overclocking

Attached: cpugpuzz.png (807x526, 99K)

>Does anyone put led strips behind their displays? I"m looking for waits to help prevent eye strain.
Waits? The best why is to change your display settings or download a programme with blue light default settings
Poo

What desk do you use? I got one of these and it is really fucking good. Also heavy as fucking shit. Not the same color and everything but you can adjust the height and they are pretty cheap.

Attached: activity table.png (500x327, 93K)

jelly

Attached: 1539011909617.png (758x802, 849K)

As much as I like my AMD system the community is a bunch of angry communists constantly screeching and barking like litle corporate dogs.

Attached: the_more.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

1500 obviously not, maybe something like an i9-990k and rtx 2080ti won't be considered outdated for 2-3 years

I have a 7870 MYST Ill let got for 65 shipped to the continental us if you need a budget gpu

I got a few spare parts for the price of free and you know, it'd be nice to save some money. I got a H110I-PLUS, 2 modules of 8GB of RAM DDR4... An ITX case that is just awful with a PSU that's obnoxiously noisy too.

itll look bad but who cares!

It will be odd but you can put in any GPU you want as long as the case fits it.

You want to have a laugh? I put a cryorig h7 on top of it. So it's already almost invisible with that fucking cooler that's bigger than the motherboard.

What I'm mostly concerned about is sag.

COMFY
what chipset?
I consider the longest time would be 5 years before your rig would be outdated
R7 3700 and successful consumer Navi with high VRAM can last 5 years

Attached: 1522467811501.gif (355x275, 1.99M)

What do you think of my Hammer modded drive cage then.
The gpu was too long to fit, and the cage was riveted in so I figured the best way to deal with it was to hit it with a hammer until the cage was no longer in the way.

Building a custom budget rig soon, promise I will not utilize the hammer mod.

Attached: Hammermod.jpg (1632x918, 676K)

its all good lad, i'm saving for a rx 580
i'm not in a rush for a gpu anyway

what are some good games I can get max settings on with an RX 580 and still get consistent 60fps at 1080p?

What in god's name

nice 00w PSU

and its still 80 plus rated lol

amazon.com/Philips-226E9QDSB-Frameless-1920x1080-FreeSync/dp/B07DMCLYHY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1542472157&sr=8-4&keywords=ips freesync 22 inch
should I get it? so much for just $110 seems too good to be true, plus I didnt even know phillips made monitors before I saw this
also backlight bleed: how bad would it be on this monitor?

whats the best b450 motherboard I can get on the cheap, I don't care about over clocking my rx 580 or 2600g

>Sapphire Radeon RX 580 8GD5 Nitro+
What do you think about this? Ideally want 1080p gayming @ 60fps. Or should I get the Gigabyte equivalent instead?

Attached: 1534892096005.gif (700x827, 510K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/ds279J

How does this look?
Also wondering if anyone knows the max PSU length the Meshify C can hold without moving the drive cage.

>580 for $260
get the MSI MK2 for $220 ($200 after mail-in rebate)

What do you mean so much? It's just 60hz 1080p monitor those are worthless nowadays.

That means it wouldn't be very great.
You want 2x high and low side mosfets per phase on a 4 phase to really get good power delivery and efficiency on a chip of that power draw.
The B450M Bazooka, Mortar, Tomahawk all have that.

You can tell by the number of little black chips in front of the choke. The ones immediately to the left of the choke (usually) are high side. Then further to the left is low side. You should see 4 of those mosfets per choke if there is only 4 vcore phases.
On doubled phases, you'll just see 2 mosfets each choke since the number of chokes were doubled. That's fine too.
But some boards just have fake components and not the drivers for them, too...

You should verify it works in person. Should complete a benchmark like superposition without artifacting.

Stop spreading this lie. EVGA changed their warranty last year.
>just google evga transfer warranty
How about you?

Already told you that's too much to pay for an RX580. Oh well.

>doesn't even run 4K well
>just runs it "better" because of higher memory bandwidth
This is fucking desperate and retarded.

Pretty good deals.

It is unless you want a lot more upgradability for the future instead of replacing RAM, yes.
Zen2 and Zen3 is going to care about faster ram just like the 8700k/9700k does. It's simple physics.

It's ok yeah

That's the same panel in all the new $90-$120 75hz Freesync IPs monitors. There's a ton of them that came out this year.
I don't see refresh rate on that one though.

>40k@60 gaming
Wait for the new Acer Nitro 4k 144hz Freesync HDR one.

see: Probably closer to 10. lmao.

Can't really expect more than 1450 on RX580.

Why would you get Gigabyte instead?

>IPS
>freesync
>small bezels

>ips
so like almost every monitor
>freesync
again like almost every monitor
>small bezels
literally worthless and adds nothing of value

ty

pcpartpicker.com/list/PCNqQZ

2600/580/2x4gb-3200 Pretty standard 1080p gaming machine. Might jump to 16gb of RAM if I can find a deal on it, but I'm in the dark on AMD motherboards

the msi b450 boards got good reviews

>Can't really expect more than 1450 on RX580.

Yea I found that out, I can hit 1500 but its not stable... I think max I did 1480.But managed to top time spy results for my cpu/gpu combo which I know is pretty meaningless but I still get to say IM NUMBER 1

WE THE BEST!

Attached: WEDIDIT.png (795x433, 21K)

Dude what the fuck.

>oh hey a 2700x for 300euros on amazon
>oh I don't have enough cash on my card to buy it
>I'll put some in tomorrow
>fast_forward_1day.exe
>now costs 420euros
:)))

Its just a dell workstation, If I ever feel like removing it properly I still can (I wont) its the only thing damaged.

fuck, i just need the 1070 ti strix at $400 again to finish my build

why do retards buy electronics from amazon? 2700x is 300 euros everyday in almost every other store in my country.

350 (+-7euros) in all of the stores here.
Saw some in neighbor countries for 320-340 but buying online + shipping from them would be difficult.

Amazon just werks, user.
To be fair, I haven't been tracking the prices everyday just in case they are on sale, so I might be missing out but this has so far been the best price I could have actually gotten myself.

God I wish that were me

I know the feeling.
My 7970 Lightning was godly and I got 1320MHz stable on air and could run a benchmark with it.
I've never gotten remotely close on silicon lottery like that ever again. Though those were also highly binned dies to begin with.

It feels good to win the silicon lottery and shit to lose it,

>The state of europoors without a credit card

lol?

>Why would you get Gigabyte instead?
Idk which one is better, but I'm assuming Sapphire.

>>get the MSI MK2 for $220
I'm a yuropoor, user. Everything is overpriced here

Attached: 1534085113625.jpg (251x201, 5K)

Can 144hz monitors be set to 60/75hz?

Nice

Yeah if you really wanted to.

>not buying the 2700 for 260€

Attached: 1533057987065.jpg (817x443, 95K)

You still there? That one I bought and returned. The backlight bleeding is so awful it was legit giving me headaches. Find yourself something decent.

Only good thing about it was 75hz really.

Do you get the game keys promotion at least there?
Nitro+ is good but it tends to be overpriced.

Yes.
That's what I tell people who are getting microstuttering on their non-sync monitors. They somehow don't believe me until they try it because they're stubborn retards.

It's currently at 243 € without any extra games. Pretty good in comparison to the RX 580s. I was just wondering if it is any good: i.e. whether it has heat problems, because the OP mentioned it might.

Attached: 1533154901151.png (500x333, 255K)

>Pretty good in comparison to the _other RX 580s*

1080p gaming get the 4gb 580 used on ebay for 120

Would I beable to upgrade this to play triple a titles for a couple years or should I just get a new pc. Trying to find the cheapest way for me to do some pc gaming.

Attached: 20181117_142227.jpg (2576x1932, 1.74M)

Is stock cooler on a 2600 loud? I know the one on 2600x is supposed to be pretty good, but just trying to decide if the price difference is worth it. I will be doing zero overclocking but noisy fans piss me off a lot.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125875&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker, LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=
for 1080p, yes or no?

Is it safe buying an used card as long as I know it hasn't been used for mining?

my SSD is at 73% health looking at crystaldiskinfo will it last until next week?

also,
>need a new SSD
>have M.2 but prefer SATA
>what is some good software to clone storage drives?

have you guys seen any good deals on 1tb SSDs? maybe help point an user to some good BF/CM sales?

well you could start by getting more RAM (8GB is minimum nowadays) and a modern GPU first. At least an rx 580 or GTX 1060 6GB. Then upgrade the other shit gradually. Thtat's what i always do. No loans and credit card crap. Buy some components at a time.

if you know for sure then yes. keep in mind though that mining cards doesn't always mean bad cards. it could either be barely used excess stock or they took good care of it by undervolting the card. also remember that electronic components are far less likely to fail than mechanical components. so if you get a mining gpu that has a bad fan but good gpu, you can save it by just replacing the fan or adding synthetic oil to bearings to make it good as new.

No that cpu is going to bottleneck the shit out of any gpu you buy intending to play triple a games.

Look for a used dell workstation tower on craigslist (or something like it) or hit up pawn shops and look for a pc with at least a i5 3570.

the newer ones use standard PSU plugs, Or you may be able to buy a PSU Cable adapter just research a bit before you buy

>yuropoor problems
Could be worse my fren.

Attached: mutt.jpg (1280x853, 522K)

sup lads, about to pull the trigger on this for real this time. anything else i need to consider?
decided i dont think i need CL14 ram, since not doing any benchmark-tier things
au.pcpartpicker.com/user/khilla/saved/wC7dXL

damn, what freesync IPS

Hes using a 1st gen i7 I doubt it'll work well with a 580/1060

Thanks, I'll look into these.

Overkill for 1080p but hey if you got the $ do it

Gamers Nexus actually did a video on that CPU last year. It still holds up "alright" if you overclock it, but a lot of that depends on what you're willing to put up with.

youtube.com/watch?v=8caCYb0G0ec

It will work alright, it's just not going to be the smoothest experience.

Why the 32GB RAM?

>anything else i need to consider?
Yeah how about don't get a fucking AIO?

AMD is better than intel at every single thing except for gaming?

There's some software bound to Intel now too. Bunch of Jews

i have monitors/storage space + peripherals from my current computer, if thats what the issue is

^ this. I knew a guy that had a first gen i5 with an r9 290 and it was fine. I mean ok it will bottleneck for sure but he doesn't have to buy everything at once.

What? No, don't get that fucking cooler. That thing is horrific.

Just finished building a new 9700k rig, was in last night's threads talking about it.

So far runs great, though ambient temps aren't great so the idle temps aren't anything fantastic.

Before anyone asks, i'm holding out on 7nm GPUs before sinking money into that boat.

Attached: 2018-11-17 14_11_45.png (525x464, 28K)

and yes I realize speccy says it's a 7700k, don't worry, i checked.

Attached: 2018-11-17 14_13_46.png (387x364, 27K)

is the EVGA CLC 280 decent? or should i keep looking

why is she squinting at the screen? she should go to an ophthalmologist, she might need glasses.

a-user that's an asian. they all look like that

What case?

750D airflow.

whats a good 24 inch IPS FREESYNC monitor that doesnt have horrible backlight bleed?

Where is this?
I thought the deal exists in EU too.
Seems shit compared to US, UK, etc.

It won't.

It's better at gaming for the money as well $340 for a 1070 is a terrible deal. You're getting like +30-45% performance over a $200 card that has a promo going on for games included.
You can get Vega56 for around the same price.

Some people consider stuttering "fine"
My friend says his 4670k is still fine. I asked him if it doesn't stutter. He's just "well yeah" thinking that's just normal and that all CPUs do that.

>960 with a 9700k
Why didn't you just wait for 7nm CPUs as well?

There is a 23" 75hz freesync IPS. Nitro. It's similar to the 21.5" model and a bit more expensive.
Or maybe it's 24" and I'm misremembering. Just search Amazon for 75hz freesync IPS and the Acer Nitro models should come up.

>Why didn't you just wait for 7nm CPUs as well?
Because my motherboard decided to kill the last of my DDR4 RAM, and instead of buying a new X99 motherboard for a retarded price and a 4 year old platform, I decided to get a Z390 and 9700k.

So im planning on buying a external hard drive on black friday, whats a good one to look out for preferably in the 3-4 tb range?