/spg/ - Smartphone General

Pixel 3 Lite Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a Mini-Review of your Smartphone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: G1HPtW3NK5lT.jpg (1500x1125, 282K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/development
ebay.com/itm/153152404526
ebay.com/itm/Unlocked-Verizon-LG-V20-VS995-64GB-Silver-Titan-Black-LTE-Smartphone/192582248784?hash=item2cd6cbe950:m:m3PApUfDmw-TVl76SGstgjw:sc:USPSFirstClass!95616!US!-1:rk:4:pf:0
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi8
store.google.com/de/category/black_friday_cyber_monday_promos?hl=de-DE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First

Attached: incel were listening 4.png (570x306, 136K)

Fucking this.
I got 6T and it's a great phone, but it really is needlessly long. Removing forehead and chin results in bigger screen already, but fuck no, they also had to make a whole phone longer. Why? Screen is in 19.5:9 ratio, so videos don't fill the screen anyway, you get these huge bezels on each sides.
>pic related
That's how regular Youtube video looks like. It's just wasted space.

Again it's a fantastic phone and I love it, but you could chop an inch off it and lose nothing, while gaining lots in comfort and ergonomics.

Attached: Screenshot_5.png (1636x755, 754K)

What phone should I buy to replace my old Nexus 5? Ideally below 500$ but I don't mind going over a bit if necessary. I only use fdroid, so I want to unlock it with ease and install something like lineage on it right away. Is OnePlus 6t a good choice? Should I pay extra for the 8gb of ram meme? Will probably buy Bluetooth earphones so I don't care about the 3.5mm jack. Also what roms are preferred these days?

imo the width is far greater factor when it comes to ergonomics. 70 vs 75 mm is huge difference in width, but 145 vs 155 mm length is barely noticeable when you get used to it

What a weird complaint. The 6T has one of the better gesture navigations in the industry for easy one-handed use. Don't tell me you're not aware of that?

>pajeet + one
lmao no thanks

>install something like lineage on it right away
Keep in mind OP6T is so new that it doesn't have LineageOS available yet.

Is there anything else I can install on it? I don't mind waiting for lineage in either case.

it's a decent choice, but if you live outside of the states you might be better served buying something like a Pocophone which only has a 3 day waiting period for the bootloader unlock code and already has Lineage support
also it's cheaper
if in the states, I would just get a Pixel 2XL and either flash Lineage or Copperhead if you're worried about privacy/security

>looking at phones with headphone jacks
>realize i haven't used my headphone jacks in over a year and a half

Attached: 1513464817198.gif (405x303, 1.89M)

it's chink + one you stupid faggot

Pixel 2 with BF deal should be around your budget and that would be a better choice than the OP6T.

on youtube you can pin and zoom to fill the screen

I have big hands and have no problem using it. My point is that you gain nothing by having a long phone. Putting videos in full screen creates a window that is exact same size as Oneplus One screen, the rest is just wasted space. Sure you get a bit more view in menus and browser.. but that's pretty much it. I'd gladly trade that to have a phone that sits in my pocket better
I guess it would be useful for split screening apps, but who ever does that anyway

stick to Apple. They really need your donations to keep their business afloat

Sorry, I finally understood what you meant. I suppose it's a necessary sacrifice if you want minimal bezels.

No ROMs yet, only custom kernels:
forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-6t/development

yes, but then you lose chunks from top and bottom

Looking to move from a Sony XZ1c, any recs on similar form factor phones? I'm fine with a bit bigger of a phone, but not heug

So I've been using my Moto X4 for going on two weeks now and I've got to say, I'm overall exceptionally happy with the device. Feels great in the hand, screen's crisp and clear even in direct sunlight as well as great for consuming content on, battery life is remarkably solid compared to my old phone at least and Motorola's few tweaks to Android (most notably the gestures, like giving the phone two sharp sideways shakes to turn the flashlight on) are actually pretty nice and worth keeping around. Overall exactly what I needed in my move to upgrade from an Xperia Z5 while keeping the rough size, form factor, featureset and headphone jack.

Nexus had no unlock codes. It is surprising that phones now require it. Is it like that for OnePlus as well?

I'm currently in Russia. Not sure if I saw pocophone in stores there but I'll search for it.

XZ2c

Anyone know any 16:9 phones that are smaller than the Note 4 but have better specs than the Note 4? Every phone i've seen is 18:9 and the same size as the Note 4, which is already almost as big as my entire hand. I love my Note 4, but it's was already hard to hold the phone comfortably in my hand AND be able to move my thumb to any part of the screen without doing special one handed maneuvers that make it easier to accidentally drop my phone.

Calculator app
>view network connections
>measure app storage space
>full network access
>prevent device from sleeping
>read Google service configuration

explain this

>usa
>verizon
>lineageos compatible
>under $200
wut get anons
(removable battery would also be nice)

This is such a pathetic discount.

Attached: 2018-11-17_184748.png (372x596, 66K)

Any of you know how to change the Blackplayer theme to AMOLED black?

Attached: Screenshot_20181117-134910.jpg (1080x1920, 314K)

Well there's the Moto X4 I just shilled. 5.2 inch 16:9 screen, pretty sure it's a spec step up from the Note 4.

Network access is used when converting currencies, the rest to report your finances to China.

Is that stock calculator?

Redmi or Samsung?

Samsung

Attached: dd3.jpg (680x698, 34K)

>recently get android auto for my car
>no customization options at all for the app, can't even change the background
how long until I can get a quality open source android auto alternative?

no such function in the app
it's google's calculator app in the playstore

Nokia 8 / 8 Sirocco, Sony XZ1 / XZ1 Compact / XZ Premium, Pixel 2

What mid-range 400-500€ phone has the best "reception"? I know it depends on a lot of factors but there has to be a phone or a manufacturer that gets their antennas right.

My employee discount is about £75

V20 probably

Moto Z2 play for $230

ebay.com/itm/153152404526

Z2 Play for $180

what even IS a smartphone?

Attached: 1358818035323.png (297x228, 160K)

>ebay.com/itm/153152404526
thanks lads, good lookin out

Attached: DsJPAREW0AAqlcn.jpg (500x697, 99K)

just accept that they are tracking everything you do, and be glad that there's no diverse effect to it. It's mostly to track user behaviour and optimize the experience

Meanwhile the US gets $150 off Pixel 3, $200 off Pixel 3 XL. Germany has even better discounts with 200€ off on Pixel 3 and 3 XL, and 250€ off 2 XL (with the discount Pixel 3 will start at 649€ = ~£580). I'm not sure if the German Google store will ship to the UK but there are package forwarding services like mailboxde that will for ~15€.

it's a pocket computer pretty much. It can also make calls I've heard

would ebay.com/itm/Unlocked-Verizon-LG-V20-VS995-64GB-Silver-Titan-Black-LTE-Smartphone/192582248784?hash=item2cd6cbe950:m:m3PApUfDmw-TVl76SGstgjw:sc:USPSFirstClass!95616!US!-1:rk:4:pf:0
work?

(not sure what "Compatible with ANY GSM carrier and Verizon Wireless" means for ability to install lineageos)

>bought new unlocked LG V30 on Amazon
>the store has been there since 07, but is recently getting loads of negative feedback
>when the phone arrives I make sure the seal is good, the Imei is clean, etc
>then I look up the model number and it’s different from the Amazon listing
>it says it’s a Sprint model no.
>now I’m not sure if it’s financed or not
>also for some reason the charging cable model no. shows up as belonging to a different phone, the G7

What do I do lads? Should I return it?

>$400
>USA
>Durable, splash proof, LineageOS support or software upgrades, AT&T
What are my options?

OnePlus I don't believe requires a code, but I'd double check
if you don't see Pocophone in stores you should probably check online, specifically Honorbuy or Aliexpress, also check to make sure it picks up your LTE bands, they do make global versions so verify it works with your network

Yes

THREADLY REDPILL:

enjoy your 'innovashun' and 'curridge'
i.e.
>notches
>phones so thin and bezels so thin that you can't ever grip the phone properly, making drops more likely
>glass sandwich for more fragility
>lack of 3.5mm jack - carry dongles instead!
>lack of micro sd card slot - use da cloud and stream everything
>no SIM card slot - hurr durr le smart sim!!!
>high and higher pixel densities which are pointless because we're already at the point where you can't discern any more - even 1080 is the max anyone needs - 1440 is a meme that simply taxes the chip and thus the battery more
>smaller and smaller batteries (but we made it more 'efficient', goyim! less is more hehehe)
>no more fingerprint sensor - either it's under the screen, or it scans your face instead

>and now...FOLDABLE SCREENS! "i need a foldable screen!" (said no one). Just another solution to a problem no one had in the first place. That'll be three thousand dollars, goyim. You should buy it, don't you want to fund future INNOVASHUN?? You're holding humanity back, you're halting PROGRESS!

Face it, we reached peak smartphone about 3 years ago. Everything since then has been about making phones worse, not better (and more expensive for an ever worse experience)

Attached: npc.jpg (490x586, 14K)

>want a OP6T
>go to their website
>558 dollars for the cheapest version + shipping

>go to my local t-mobile store
>640 dollars for the same phone, 690 if I got it activated as well
yikes

Attached: 1539059864700.jpg (960x960, 108K)

>got it activated
Can someone explain activation to me
I literally just pop in my old sim or get a new one for $5. What is this activation deal? Is it signing a contract?

>notch
>notch
>notch

Attached: 1504052583391s.jpg (250x188, 8K)

Attached: fvEaqdVSd0.gif (200x270, 1.08M)

Nokia 7.1

6T has literally the least intrusive notch I have seen on a phone, and I fucking hate notches

Moto Z2 Force
LG V30 check XDA for model number
Essential PH-1(IP54)

>Nokia 7.1
>Lineage
no

>LineageOS support **or** software upgrades

oops

I just realized something weird. On the box it lists the model no as LGLS998, which is for Sprint, but on the phone itself, in the Hardware info, it says LG-US998, which comes up for US Cellular. The heck is going on?

You don't understand memes at all

i also saw this reddit post

That's just the radio frequencies its operable on. Verizon's LTE and all GSM LTE.

Apple should've made the XR into an iPhone 9 with no home button, iPhone X gestures, smaller bezels, and 5.5"+ 18:9 LCD display. Instead they made a retarded looking larger iPhone X.

Is it safe to use aliexpress over something like trading Shenzhen to save mpney on a mi 8?

got it, tyvm user!

Attached: 1541234838333.jpg (2874x3773, 320K)

If you complain to Amazon and explain what's up they fix it for you. They have great customer service. Make sure you ask for the thing you paid for, because they sometime just offer a refund/a discount.

the old box switcheroo. I did this with fake shoes from DHGate before and get my money back on Amazon then sell the legit ones elsewhere.

I see the xz1/xz1c recommended a lot. How is the battery life on those phones?

Attached: F224B1BC-9DC9-40B7-9531-9CC8956D1A37.jpg (1024x659, 150K)

Is there a single non-flip android phone that runs 8.0 and is under 5"?

XZ1 Compact

Yes. Check the seller reviews (at least 97% positive rating), that the phone is a global version (not global ROM, though I think in the case of the Mi8 this doesn't make a difference) and that they offer DHL/EU shipping so you avoid paying taxes.

Should I contact the seller or Amazon itself?

I don’t think it’s a switcheroo because the IMEI matches the box

Okay ill keep looking the best global version seller I've found only has 175 sales so I assume I should keep looking

kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi8

choose your weapon

Attached: DsMEuU7UcAAmxwt.jpg (1536x2048, 667K)

Where do you see this German Pixel 3 deal? Looking at their order page it seems to still be full price.

store.google.com/de/category/black_friday_cyber_monday_promos?hl=de-DE
>The offers are available on Thursday, 22.11.2018.

Gearbeast flashshale it is

I'll take that hello kitty and make it into a phone charm to attach to my red iPhone XR.

based and product(red) pilled

How do I escape the apple ecosystem

Attached: 1538688075477.png (298x332, 88K)

I want that miniature sofa

I'll take that red Nexus and attach user's iphone XR as a charm

that white iPad is probably the only thing there that's still supported

Guys I want a phone.

>eastern europe
>support for latest and future android versions
>nice screen
>not to big, current is 4.7", maybe not bigger than 5.5 or 6
>removable battery
>3.5mm jack
>expandable storage
>not too expensive

Xiami Mi A1 maybe? Any new phones coming out soon worth waiting for?

dat Moto Z Play with JBL speaker

I'll have that yellow Lumia 1020

Mi A2 Lite is better

What is the source of this photo? Such a weird collection.

I wonder what that wood phone is below the iPad.

Any news on what Xiaomi will announce on December 8th in the USA?

A meeting

Attached: DsMAwO0VsAECPM0.jpg (2048x1024, 406K)

I'll take the oppo find x

Is this someone's collection or just people's personal phones?

a phone with 16gb RAM but no NFC

No it's a group of phones from meetup attendees

Attached: 99.jpg (900x1200, 148K)

What kind of a meetup? That's some unusual phones you've got there.

Literally what the FUCK is this shit for?

Attached: Global-Version-Xiaomi-Mi-A2-Lite-5-84-Inch-3GB-32GB-Smartphone-Black-691719-.jpg (1000x1000, 90K)

A mobile gadget nerd meetup in hachioji

An old phone from docomo, the Touch Wood SH-08C