The Great Debate

strawpoll.me/16862793

Attached: gtr45.jpg (694x600, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/16862793
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I chose KDE. But, you need to specify which version of GNOME, because GNOME 2/Mate is WAY better than XFECES.
But Plasma 5 better than all by miles ;)
t. someone who prefers WMs but wants a real DE instead of some shitty attempt at minimalism like XFCE or LXDE because they have no advantage over a WM at that point

Attached: P1010003.jpg (1600x1200, 296K)

Xfce is getting more bloated and Gnome-like with the transition to Gtk3
Gnome is cancer, pic related
Plasma still needs way more polish

Attached: client side decorations.png (1920x1082, 376K)

No LXDE? No LXQt? No Cinnamon? No Mate?
Well, I guess Xfce is the best of those three then.

>XFCE
>"Cutesy" useless piece of shit
>so low on features that its existence is kinda inoffensive
>KDE
>bloated "pretty" piece of piece of shit
>needs to die in a fucking fire
>Gnome
>Ubuntu version has the worst kind of obtuse task bar imaginable, no idea if vanilla works the same way
None of these are done by people who actually use their own fucking product.

i3

Congratulations retard! It's a debate on desktop environments and you replied with a window manager. Now could you please specify which DE do you use i3 with, if any?

I don't use any cause I'm not a dumb faggot.

> XFCE
> Low on features
You never used XFCE

xfce works great once you disable their compositor.

>You never used XFCE
Do they finally have the option of making the task bar appear once for each screen, instead of either being limited to one screen or spanning across all of them?

>XFCE

LIPSTICK. ON. A. PIG.

Attached: 1515762180634.png (236x183, 37K)

We're comparing the big 3 here, kid.

>KDE
>bloated
Go back to jerking off to your lolis pedo fag

Every dumb faggot says the same.

Isn't xfce mainly for laptops and toasters?

You've probably never used any of the three lmao

>Plasma 5=bloat
>400mb TOTAL ram used idle, most of which is systemdick, with stock settings
>600mb TOTAL ram used idle with fancy compositor effects
>tfw Plasma itself has never even reached 350mb
This meme has needed to die for so long now. Even if Plasma 5 was bloated in the sense of recourse use, its features more than make up for it.
With how featureless GNOME 3 is by default, it should be the bloatless one if anything

Attached: hnnnnnrrrrrr.gif (680x383, 2.47M)

>toasters
Not anymore.

>strawpoll.me/16862793
Xfce for me, but I was a GNOME 2 user.

If you still have time to debate over this, you're not a professional software engineer.

Attached: 144721-laptops-news-apple-announces-macos-mojave-as-next-major-update-image1-58e1yx4zup (1).jpg (1200x800, 302K)

I dislike all three of them for different reasons but I sure dislike Xfce and KDE a whole lot less than Gnome.

I lean towards Gnome, i can see the appeal of KDE, but i kind of like the minimalist approach. But they really need to build tweaks into the default settings. Maybe under it's own section.

Most of their default applications need tightening up too.

I voted for Gnome because I use OpenBSD, and KDE sucks on OpenBSD. If I used Linux I would have voted for KDE. XFCE gives me a headache.

Does anyone know how to install extensions on Gnome for OpenBSD? Everything I've tried from online sources hasn't worked. Gnome doesn't recognize the extensions. Also does anyone know how to get back desktop icons in Gnome for OpenBSD? Or to upgrade Gnome to a higher version that solves the above versions? I'm on 3.28.

>Xfce vs KDE vs GNOME

Attached: download.jpg (971x565, 141K)

A
FUCKING
FOOT

*FOOTPRINT

I love XFCE, it's lightweight and functional. KDE is bloated garbage and GNOME is an abomination to God.

I hate how Gnome 3 shit is ruining XFCE. If I were in charge of the project, I would've forked and mantained GTK+2 to make XFCE the true successor of GNOME 2.

>XFCE
we're going to win this thing!

XFCE
Haven't used KDE much, seemed okay but kind of heavy
Gnome 3 is unusable
I got autism so I use i3 nowadays though