Friendly reminder to install adblockers when browsing the web

Friendly reminder to install adblockers when browsing the web.

Especially when browsing the new 4channel domain.

*AHEM*
Fuck amoral advertisers and fuck greedy corporations.

Attached: images (1).png (300x168, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jsfiddle.net/3t9r045q/66/
gist.githubusercontent.com/anonymous/65a93872b6f905b36e5c3eeed18ffcb0/raw/20a55190d908fa00655a10b5598c821504d49122/Top20kCPC
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not using it ever since jlist ads got removed

based
I hope passfags realize their mistake of funding the insatiable japjew

All of a sudden I can't see images in threads using 4chanX

Wat do

not running your own dns server to block ad domains for every device on your network

Attached: ab.jpg (2393x2026, 2.78M)

>not using both
enjoy those blank spaces in your webpages without cosmetic filters being applied

check the browser console

see what errors pop out

Who does this guy think he's fooling? Why would anyone turn off their adblock for 4channel when Jow Forums has been riddled with malicious ads for years because of him?

Attached: 1532065941135 2.png (629x1173, 131K)

Seems a little extreme chum

Attached: 178909_stock-photo-cool-frog.jpg (541x600, 34K)

When you become a high level shitposter a pass and multiple vps are necessary to compete.
This game is pay2win.

Fucking christ user, I'm a retard and had werktime clicked. Thought this had something to do with the 4channel business.

>buying a pass

Yuk!

Attached: 8131408032_68b29ae6a8.jpg (380x380, 66K)

This was never a contest, they both can use the same lists but ubcock parses them faster. There's no real good reason to continue using adblock plus over ublock origin.

atm machine
dns server
D:

just use both

>Fuck amoral advertisers and fuck greedy corporations.
Oh yeah I bet you hate being paid $80,000 a year for your webcoding job don't you. Why don't you do it all for free?

Yeah! Fuck those limpwristed artisan baristas too

Attached: transparent-pepe-dabbing-5.gif (554x400, 46K)

That's redundant and you're an idiot. You don't need to block the same ad twice.

>do not solicitate
I see what you did there

>solicitate
what? you can do this 100% for free, idiot

Attached: wat2.jpg (720x526, 54K)

:3

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-17-21-05-55.png (720x1280, 89K)

why would I want to see stats of sites I blocked? just blackhole those domains and move on

I just use Brave. You shouldn't even be using (((Chrome))) or Firefucks in the first place.

thanks user, ublock saved me from so much bloat

Attached: Untitled.png (175x376, 8K)

Retard

Brave is gay except on mobile

> man-in-the-middle-ing yourself

>corporations are greedy for wanting to recoup the costs of me leeching massive amounts of bandwidth from them
Just buy a pass you poorfag

Attached: 1481934115301.jpg (707x682, 74K)

>being a corporate bootlicker

Oh dear oh dear

>being a leeching poorfag that would rather have a site owner be forced to rape him with ads to recoup hosting costs than fairly pay upfront

Oh dear oh dear

The web should be free and ads unobtrusive faggot.

What do you think ads do?

>no mention of adnauseam
Aren't you going to support Jow Forums by clicking every ad?

Attached: helpinghandy.png (613x812, 210K)

I feel like adnauseam was made by ad companies to trick users into thinking they were doing harm but were actually giving sites more revenue.

Who will pay for the servers you nigger?

The web can't be free because hardware, bandwidth and developer time cost money.
If by "free" you mean ad-supported then let me break this down:

>You regularly visit a site and use $2 worth of dev time/bandwidth/server hardware
>This is an unavoidable fact, the company running the site needs to recoup $2 from you somehow
>Option 1: You pay $2 or more to the site, cost is recouped.
>Option 2: The site shoves ads down your throat until you end up subliminally manipulated enough to purchase some $40 product you wouldn't have otherwise. $2 of the sale goes towards the company's advertising budget, which then gets paid to the site during their next advertising run.

If you'd rather constantly see ads than just pay your fair share upfront then you're a literal retard because you're going to end up indirectly spending 20x the amount you would to keep the site running than if you just cut out the advertising middleman and paid them directly.

Attached: 1488419537078.jpg (1920x1080, 396K)

this
I only use Brave for mobile. It's the fastest fucking mobile browser, not sure how it's possible

Perhaps, but imagine your walmart or an Arizona DUI lawyer (more on that later) and you pay adcompany X for advertising based on clicks.
Now adcompany X says 1000 "people" clicked on your ad, so you pay them based on the clicks they reported, but you don't see any results based on those ads. So why are you forking over that money when you aren't seeing any results?
I also use this script jsfiddle.net/3t9r045q/66/ which opens 8 browser windows and searches based on top keywords.
I did a roadtrip some time ago and ran adnauseam when I was at hotels and it was mindblowing that, for example, DUI lawyers in Arizona were paying 50 fucking dollars for each ad click.

Attached: 5kshekels.jpg (1328x880, 276K)

>Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

Attached: laughing kurds.jpg (500x623, 110K)

>who will pay for the servers

That's your problem to figure out. Excellent, minimal content and a donate button would be a start.

The problem is that some percentage of people will always block ads, so site owners will always be forced (or if not forced, will gradually end up) raping users with ads. The only winning solution is to use an adblocker until the situation changes or to find an alternative way to support the websites you frequent in lieu of ads.

>The web can't be free because hardware, bandwidth and developer time cost money.
>If by "free" you mean ad-supported then let me break this down:

But what if it was free? What if infrastructure was completely decentralized, and people paid for using websites with a percentage of their CPU time and data rather than by viewing predatory ads? We can dream...

Still not free though, just very decentralized, and somebody still has to pay to maintain that infrastructure, and the logistics of handling that decentralization sound fucking terrifying.

I'm ok with ads, if they weren't so fucking invasive, risky, annoying, and detrimental to performance.

You're right, the logistics are terrifying. But I think they're solvable. In my perfect world, website owners would be entitled to do with as they please (including selling) a portion of the CPU time and data gathered from their users. So site infrastructure would (ideally) be taken care of and developer/managerial saleries would also be taken care of, by selling gathered compute resources to third parties.

I want to believe it's a joke, but part of me still thinks it's dead serious. Everyone knows updated block lists are going to be flooding out in every direction right after that shit goes live.

You had me until you went anti corporation. I love the irony of people bitching about capitalism from a computing device. Morons.

Attached: file.png (640x640, 553K)

Go to bed Bill Gates

So, what does this actually mean? I saw somewhere on IRC that he's using this to circumvent the blocks on nsfw ads or something, but is that correct? No one has really even talked about the actual implications.

>but is that correct?
yes.

Attached: 1542494791144.jpg (1764x1600, 3.73M)

There would be no Jow Forums without the posters. I'm already supporting the site. Hiro wouldn't have the opportunity to make money otherwise.

Anyway, Moot said before he left that the site was financially stable. Hiro lied and said he'd have to axe some boards to maintain the site to get people to buy more passes.

thank you high schooler-kun

Have you added more lists? Doesn't look like you've configured it at all.

gist.githubusercontent.com/anonymous/65a93872b6f905b36e5c3eeed18ffcb0/raw/20a55190d908fa00655a10b5598c821504d49122/Top20kCPC

Fuck, so much money just for a click

>I don't understand how proxies work; the post

Attached: browser alternatives.jpg (1442x2294, 796K)