Jow Forums jobs

Hey anons!
I was wondering, what do you guys do for a living?

Attached: new_line.jpg (630x416, 182K)

eat and sleep

EE at an energy company. Tbh i spend like 90% of the time writing code (c++)..

>pic
The code to do it is actually quite trivial:
print_newline ()

Part time web dev besides CS studies.

True, but so what?

full stack dev

Currently VLSI, switching to developer.

Customer Care Agent at a large healthcare company.

I'm a fulltime student at a shitty CC trying to get into UW.

Attached: tenor (7).gif (400x364, 913K)

stay strong

I'm a student at the best university in my country, but I think it might still be shit for SE compared to the world's standard.
>one chance in life
>born in shithole

i turn computers off and on for a living

dev for a large fintech company

want to die tbqh

he has autism, deal with it

Machinist at a job shop.

>falling for the CS meme because you "like computers"

Attached: 1542340830957.png (495x568, 189K)

Have fun at UW Bothell. lmao

finance manager

Go do your grad degree in another country. Tons of foreigners do it.

programmer at popular website.

Just had a my first interview for a software engineering internship. Didn't work

Coding shitty AR games for ios and android for a small company

full time neet
part time weed and meth seller

IT Manager at big retail chain. 40 years old. 20 years experience.

project engineer for a control systems integrator

i get to be told a plant to go to then its my job to deal with whatever crusty piece of equipment they have (which they of course have lost the PLC files with the documentation embedded as well as only have a schematic from 1994, three upgrades ago)

sometimes i get to do all the design for something completely new (control panel, program, device layouts, enterprise integration) but it usually involves tying into some older system that's documented and hacked up like shit

call center work, not bad and the work is constant which I like

Swiss army developer at a medium size mortgage lender. I was the only programmer they hired since their founding so I ended up doing everything from plugins for the main software, to websites for our wholesale brokers. Most newer projects involve just creating integrations from other vendors to feed into our loan system.

I feel like I don't improve at all though, it's gotten better now that we have more developers with more experience ( i started there with none about a year ago), but our standards are non-existent so I'm pretty fucked right now if I get fired.

Lawyer

Rnd at visual effects studio (C++, Python). Cool projects, nice team.

Attached: 1353910202937.jpg (492x557, 26K)

I'm a process engineer at one of those crusty old poorly documented plants. Right now we're in a turnaround working on commissioning a new burner management system, so for the past few weeks I've been working with some poor guy who does your job. I feel sorry for you.

But our old PLC we replaced wasn't from 1994, it was from the 80s.

Full-time student and I do part-time surveillance work for PI's

GN&C for an aerospace company

Not even studying/working something related to technology/programming

>Currently VLSI, switching to developer.
Care to elaborate on that? Are you doing SW development? I'm doing my masters currently in VLSI design. Hoping to work for some chip design company.

I found that I'm not interested in VLSI as much as I am in software, and I was lucky enough to be able to switch, but it wasn't easy and had to get my foot in some doors through connections to even get interviews, but from there it was all me.
If you like it, good for you, but don't work at intel. If you can, the moat interesting discipline in vlsi is STA, try doing that, or work in a small company and do a variety of things.
Good luck

I sell my own art.

Construction project supervisor under general contractor.

Thanks user. I still don't really know what I want to do yet. I was planning to study up on my programming as a backup plan.

i work in finance doing quant work

I'm an audio engineer (recording/mixing) at a professional studio. It's pretty great.

I work for a medium sized startup in Berlin, right now I'm team lead of the backend team but I also do security engineering and some embedded development.

If you like Rust and are a G-d among traps and interested in a job, reply to me because I'm still looking for someone really really good to complete my team.

Can't get anything besides entry level support gigs. Got tired of workplace bureaucracy a while back and have barely scraped by as a trash elf on eBay for the past couple years.

Decade+ experience, MIS bachelors, 7 certs, etc. Want to specialize but no particular area seems that interesting. Wat do?

Hadoop Engineer for a Fortune 5.

Attached: database.jpg (300x318, 12K)

Maybe you're just bad?

I sleep in a van and shitpost

Gay for pay?

Work in a bank. I open accounts worth upto 150m.
Learning how to code to become my own boss.
our ops manager was fired yesterday. 56yo at Christmas time. Put things into perspective for me.

Getting a CS degree with a webdev internship, save me

I thought i wanted to do analog design. Only found a job in vlsi, it was fine but meh. Thought i wanted to do ML but after doing enough specializations in coursera I realized my heart is not in it and I'm really into functional programming. I happened to find a job in it, but time shall tell if I'm in the right place. The best advice I can give you is to expose yourself to as many fields as possible until you start working, even to the cost of delaying graduation by a semester

Any good stories?