AMD Powered Handheld PC SMACH Z to Enter Mass Production in Early 2019

wccftech.com/smach-z-enter-production-early-2019/

Based.

Attached: SMACH_Z_11-1030x580.jpg (1030x580, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3WzfyYlVLpo
youtube.com/watch?v=XDwEwjYcNCA
youtube.com/watch?v=MvRjwBLKNsE
youtube.com/watch?v=d00I_3THLBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=oMUPx4DL5Vo
youtu.be/Zn47Q9ka61s
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=intel nuc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>wccftech

jesus, it really is the future

How gullible are you user?

TDP of 15W in a handheld. Battery life will suck, this is something that needs ARM not a 14nm x86 CPU.

obligatory
youtube.com/watch?v=3WzfyYlVLpo

>those awful steam controller like touchpads

garbage

>that button layout
no fucking thanks you fucking chink niggers. xbox button ordering or suck my dick

>People unironically falling for this scam

Neo Jow Forums or smatchz astroturfing

I guess there's no difference

Looks, sounds terrible.
Maybe it's directed at China.

Yes, it will be released in the future.
The one with flying cars, machines that fine you for coarse language, three shells, detroit finally having robocop and so forth.

But that defeats the purpose because ARM can't play PC games.
A touchpad is significantly better than a thumbstick for aiming.

Seemed good in theory to me desu. Guess adreno wins when it comes to low power GPUs. The 640 will come with 512 ALUs and will surpass 1TFLOP FP32 all in a 5W package. AMD does really well with raven ridge cpu-wise but iGPU has a very long way to go.

Attached: 1427069666560.jpg (430x290, 34K)

Unironicly this

>But that defeats the purpose because ARM can't play PC games.

Looks like it's going to be running a custom Linux distro. That means that most PC games will need to be ported to some extent regardless.

>another money grab for hyperactive teenagers who only care about UMPCs because of muh games
>doesn't even have a keyboard
Why am I supposed to be excited about this?

>SMACH Z to Enter Mass Production in Early 2019
It'll be delayed again and again.

Attached: FXLThSZ.jpg (600x341, 13K)

Not necessarily. For all we know they might be piggybacking off Valve's efforts to improve WINE so you can just install your windows games on linux steam.
Making a compiled binary work on a different OS is far easier than making it work on a different CPU architecture.

Yeah, this really killed the gleeful optimism for me. I mean the surface 4 can cool and power a 15W chip but by that point it's not a phone form factor anymore.

Attached: 1538591935172.jpg (719x759, 44K)

It'll be compatible with Steam on Linux and any of the supported middleware simply because they would be mad not to do it. But the number of Linux titles on Steam is still a bit limited, and WINE isn't always a very reliable solution. But we'll see.

>8 GB + 8 GB Dual Channel DDR4 2133MHz SODIMM
>SODIMM
You're telling me, that along with a touchscreen, the PCB, some kind of cooling mechanism for the SoC, and battery, they're going to have room for SODIMM slots without compromising?
As a cost cutting measure I can see the choice, but it's going to suffer as a result.
Also, the SSD is allegedly m.2, which again, as a cost cutting measure I can see, but you will have to compromise on space.

How badly are they going to fuck this up?

>How badly are they going to fuck this up?

75% chance this never gets released due to incompetence or being a scam
25% chance this becomes yet another handheld that nobody gives a shit about and is abandoned in 6 months

Star Citizen will be released before this shit.

>How badly are they going to fuck this up?
It will never be released because the entire product is vaporware.

Attached: team-Controller.jpg (1540x1000, 131K)

Unironically the best PC controller

Attached: IMG_0570.jpg (4032x3024, 2.93M)

I hope GPD announces a Switch clone tablet with Raven Ridge while this is going on and steals all their buzz.

gee bill, two keyboards?

I think this will be released shortly after phantom.

Garbage. V1605B:
>14 nm process
>base frequency of 2 GHz with a TDP of 15 W and a Boost frequency of up to 3.2 GHz
>manufacturer: GlobalFoundries
>configurable TDP-down of 12 W and TDP-up of 25 W.
So basically this,
>Battery life will suck
You'll have to use that thing with a cord basically all the time even if they configure it to 12W. I also have a big problem understanding how they plan to prevent it from overheating.

>>another money grab
>scam
The supposed size and thickness of the device and the specifications they list doesn't make sense. It's either a scam or something that will turn out to be one because they can't make it work. Let's just say they are honest and they really want to make a device with those specs. The result will be the same as if it's a scam, backers will end up with nothing.

>Make handheld whose selling point is being able to play many existing PC games
>Demo unit shown playing GTA V
>HURRRRR WHY ISNT IT ARM

This Portable Arm and Linux.

He didn't say anything about ARM.

i can make one of those things with an intel centrino

>1000$
Nobody will buy this hand grenade when GPD Win 2 exists. I doubt these guys will make Ryzen work well and not overheat or kill the battery in an hour.

You can install windows on it if you really want to.

>muh number of titles
Half the windows exclusives are trashware copycat shit made in a few months with basic gamemaker or unity assets, with less than 1000 downloads. The number of games isn't an issue, Linux actually has over half the relevant/good library without WINE.

>being optimistic for this gamer shit at all
Why are you such a raging faggot in every post you made?

It's not that fucking difficult to make a mobile console. Just use the PS4 grip and button layout. Put a Vita size screen in the middle where the useless touchpad would normally be. That's all you need. Some controller modder in his mom's basement could do what these guys are failing at.

I really wanted it to be a thing man. x86 is looked down upon for mobile so much and all it has to show for it is some shitty asoos phone with x86 atom cores with a custom powervr gpu. Beside gaymers an imaginary device like this would render laptops (at least ultra thins) obsolete if you don't take the screen into account.

>699

Attached: 1486842230750.jpg (1500x1500, 103K)

I agree but even Valve is dropping the touchpads.

Attached: 1538927604048.png (2000x1333, 1.5M)

>x86 handheld
>windows 10
Lmfao

>replacing the touchpads with objectively inferior control sticks
Gaben, I...

>if you don't take the screen into account.
screen ,or keyboard or touch pad. seems like yet another useless single-function shit box pacifier for quasi-adult man-children.

>2019
>14nm instead of 7nm
What's the point?

>objectively inferior
Except for things that control sticks are usually used for.

Assumptions: The video.

The point is that they can't design the board for a processor due out next year. They can only design for what is available now.
And that's why if a major company gave a shit they'd probably not be the most powerful PC gaming handheld when it eventually comes to market.

Have you ever even used VR? Even vive-fags admit their wands are shit, especially for free locomotion.

How many FLOPS does this thing have? A switch with a slightly modified Tegra is 500 GFLOPS at best

>they can't design the board for a processor due out next year
That's not stopping Dell or HPE.

Attached: cdc.jpg (800x450, 80K)

Fuck off shill.

youtube.com/watch?v=XDwEwjYcNCA

youtube.com/watch?v=MvRjwBLKNsE

youtube.com/watch?v=d00I_3THLBQ

youtube.com/watch?v=oMUPx4DL5Vo

Attached: Laughing Whore.jpg (762x900, 161K)

We already know you're the OP with trip removed.
You've been advertising this shit for ages. Go away.

Attached: 0.png (1423x811, 142K)

Yeah, major companies are more agile when it comes to this shit.
These guys are a bunch of nobodies with no experience in board design.

valve's touchpads emulate control sticks well enough for movement, literally everything else is done far better with the touchpad's emulated mouse

Literally vaporware.

Yeah, that must be why Vive-fags are constantly complaining about not having sticks.

lol bezels.

actually I think it has more to do with their phallic obsession and flaming homosexuality

Steam controller is literally a meme. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not good either when compared to other controllers with sticks.
I have a XBO, DS4 and Steam controller and the latter is only ever useful over the first two in very niche games.

Care to give an example?
Obviously a control stick is preferable for movement, but I found the touchpad to be far more useful for everything from first person aiming (not that I recommend them for that purpose) to 3rd person camera control and button pad emulation(something a stick is entirely incapable of)

>button pad emulation(something a stick is entirely incapable of)
you realize controllers usually have a physical d-pad? superior for any d-pad over over any other and depending on stick/d-pad layout preference, you have either ps4 or xbox controller to pick from

Even if this were real it's about as useless as a gpd win or whatever it's called.
>hey bro pay laptop money for something weaker than a laptop
>it's soooooo portable
Who cares?

>wine on ARM
Wew lad
W E W. I actually laughed out loud.

right but with the steam controller you can have the standard ABXY buttons and two additional buttonpads should you want them plus a dedicated control stick

animegirlholdingpuke.jpeg

it fits Assumptions: The console.

holy fucking shit dude
how is this company still in business

ARM has hardware accelerated x86 emulation.

Dunno how fast it is but probably enough to run games.

But this isn't an ARM CPU, it's an AMD.

Because people like are extremely gullible.

I've been doing it since 2011. Started with Android.
Later used it on the N900 to play games like Diablo.

Attached: IMG_0015.jpg (2000x1500, 1.85M)

Isn't this thing meant to be a scam?

> 10 pranks that went too far

Fake, Wine is x86 only

Actually no, WINE works under ARM natively for Windows RT (ARM) applications (even CE).
Also, this is no problem for running x86 WINE under ARM for x86 applications. Binary translation exists.

Attached: qemui3861.jpg (1024x768, 592K)

>TDP of 15W in a handheld.
They should release it in winter, it'd do nicely as a handwarmer

that's dual shock

Another product where muting the video improves the experience for a possible buyer.
youtu.be/Zn47Q9ka61s

Attached: SMACH-CORE.jpg (1464x736, 404K)

Attached: DflYxRoV4AET3xF.jpg (1200x900, 266K)

This is what I am thinking.
They're probably using an off the shelf board to save costs, which is going to impact the size of the final device and the battery capacity.

You know, if they made a SmachTV, an itty bitty box to go under my TV for light gaming and HTPC purposes would be really sweet.

But that chipset in a handheld is going to suuuuck, they need to half the TDP at least.

Everything in between a laptop and a phone is fucking pointless.

I actually like the touchpads, desu.

Attached: 5qOg0Go.jpg (750x738, 62K)

>light gaming and HTPC purposes would be really sweet.
amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=intel nuc

this has been a thing for a long time

Attached: r2g5edp4c8g01.jpg (1000x559, 52K)

But a 15w AMD chipset should be marginally less garbage than a 15w Intel chipset at running anything 3d.

it's still going to be garbage no matter what so who gives a fuck what jewish corporate god shit out the parts

>NUC
Yeah, no thank you.

>crowdfunded
>still believing that shit

Attached: 44c0f54.jpg (728x546, 60K)

Hows the k-type? Worth the money?

Lots of crowdfunded shit has actually worked, like GPD's shitty devices.
This however....

>SCAM Z

That shit looks GameGearHUEG. Probably eats batteries like one as well.

>smach z
>production
>by 2019
hahahahahahahahahaha
they first have to enter actual prototyping.

T. Someone that has never used a steam controller

Am I the only one that actually likes the touchpads on the vive controllers? It is superior to the joystick which you can accidentally move with your thumb as you wave your hands and arms.

Kickstarter: The backer

>they forgot the port for the microSD card
Holy shit

Attached: 1476634433082.jpg (514x459, 40K)

his comments about the case are flawed... That is likely an SLA prototyped plastic case as evidenced by the poor painted surface finish. An injection molded part would not look like that. Also, people don't do prototype runs with injection molded parts, at least we don't at work. You make changes and then when you have a final hardware design you have molds made.