The Great Debate

strawpoll.me/16862793

Attached: gtr45.jpg (694x600, 52K)

XFCE is the best you absolute fuggin redard

Enlightenment

t. moron

MATE

cinnemon everything else is 4fags

Isn't xfce mainly for laptops and toasters? If you have a good PC, KDE.

I like KDE most of the time. However, it's the rolling release I'm on that screws with me sometimes.

Example, the font rendering changed after the last update. Font hinting is set to medium, but it looks like shit now. May just need to reboot again.

Attached: Screenshot_20181117_204952.png (739x623, 67K)

lipstick on a pig

Are you sure?

Personally, I find Ubuntu to be the best.

stop using arch

hello retard

tbf i have the same shitty text on kde in debian

xfce it looks consistent if nothing else

stop using unstable branch you dip

KDE

And I would use lxqt over xfce if I was on a toaster

Attached: mr gnobot.png (640x480, 213K)

>lxqt
still in beta (or alpha?)
i would rather use lipstick on a pig

What's so good about KDE compared to Cinnamon?

Ascend beyond DE's.

Ubuntu is not a DE you fucking moron.

This is not up for debate, the answer is objectively Xfce.

dwm

based

Using KDE is the equivalent to spreading really cold, unspreadable butter on a piece of bread.

>not i3 without a DE

This is the best combination for productivity imo, although i use windows + xubuntu for my laptop

Use case really.
I prefer KDE the most but it fucking sucks with wayland and some display drivers.

GNOME is what I use on my main desktop. The nasty memory bugs and ugly ui is slowly being fixed as gtk4 rolls into the station. Works excellent with Wayland (my use case).

Xfce is what I use on my odroid-ux4 and RPI2.

Attached: 1541483728654.png (1856x1651, 1.29M)

So unity? Have you tried 18.10?

Is it worth switching from xfce to KDE? Would I notice a performance drop on memepad T440s with i7 and 12GB of RAM?

Attached: Untitled.png (640x400, 124K)

Function wise it's way above Gnome. I configured it so it's as close to using Windows as possible and I love it. Dolphin file manager (which is hard to get running properly without KDE) is 10 times better compared to stuff like Nautilus.

I don't know what an xfce is or does, sorry

If you don't use way too much desktop effects you're good

It'd be nice to have something a bit more in-between Gnome and KDE, KDE throws too much at you, Gnome gives you too little. Generally speaking i prefer Gnome. Elementary seems to be going in the right direction though.

The applications are generally a step better and krunner is making every other desktop seem unusable.

Not being a hardly-maintained fork of an oudated foot for one. Other than that it has so many settings you can customize it to be literally anything. The KDE suite of programs like Konsole, Dolphin and Kate is great as well. Browser integration and KDE Connect feel like gimmicks, but they are really useful while always retaining the "wow" effect you get from seeing a gimmick the first time. KDE gets frequent feature updates as well, so the ride never ends.
>krunner
Also this. Literally forgot it existed because I'd just expect such a feature to be there on my desktop.

Based

KDE

>Namecalling instead of making an argument
Lol whatever user.

You do know Ubuntu migrated back to gnome right?

It would easily be XFCE if it had decent anti-tearning. Compton is shit too, so don't pretend using that fixes anything. It's probably KDE, since you can customize it to not be unusable, unlike GNOME.

this is nice

I don't use i3 but bspwm which essentially does the same but is minimally lighter