Sad and shocking news here, guys:

Sad and shocking news here, guys:
thenextweb.com/microsoft/2018/11/15/report-microsofts-enterprise-products-covertly-gather-personal-data-on-users/

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-18 Report Microsoft’s enterprise products covertly gather personal data on user (785x480, 415K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/eud-security-guidance-windows-10-1803
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can't believe it!

wait what?! next thing you're gonna tell me Google gathers data on its users

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

Protip: Government guidance on how to secure operating systems is available for free online. This guidance is used by those with security clearances (it's also a requirement for work in those areas). Read them and apply them.

Welp, time to flag this for security review at work, given MSO touches ITAR material.

I'm just hoping the constant flow of this shit finally prompts my government to release guidance for and accept security work on linux systems. Since this shit is retarded, all this garbage that windows done is a pain in the fucking ass for security work.

it's time to install gentoo. gentoo will dominate entire world!

How about a link?

I did like 3 minutes of googling, dude.
ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/eud-security-guidance-windows-10-1803
The NSA's one is hidden in by their web application so it'd take more to find, but the UK one is easy enough.

but Jow Forums said....

Don't blame the guy who asked you to post a link. You are posting potentially to hundreds of people. Save them all 3 minutes by simply including the pertinent information in your post. That time adds up.

Although I will admit this is more aimed at end users rather than power-users who just want windows 10 to stop fucking with them

How's LTSB going these days?

It's worth reading the whole thing since you get a sense of what is trusted by governments and what isn't.

"covertly"? I think it's common knowledge that some form of gathering of data for some uses are permitted by the license. It's highly unlikely that MS would collect enterprise user data for use in any legally risky way, because unlike consumers they do sue.
We occasionally work with some MS data, and our company has always been extra careful not to misuse any enterprise data.

Jow Forums says use GENTOO, not fucking windows.

>Government guidance on how to secure operating systems
gib link ya moron, spoofed me daddy

didn t see it, k thx , bye

are you fucking high or just so fucking retarded you literally dont have a grasp of reality

Jow Forums was right again

You can't secure closed source proprietary software, this article proves this yet again.

"but" my ass.
Jow Forums has been saying this over and over.

I literally don't have any Data worth getting

Any company wanting secrecy and security had better not have anything in the building that can connect to the internet.

… nothing remotely important. Again.