>he still uses ssds on sata

You must love your loading screens.

Attached: upEZizV.png (805x725, 90K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vNMcW2tL3r4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nvme or nand?

oh and you're a fag, obviously

Why would my computer have loading screens?

he plays gaymes

>NVMe
>Benefiting game load times
pick one

>You must love your loading screens.
Didn't notice any difference between loading from a sata ssd and a pcie nvme ssd when I timed both.

Attached: 1539988101987.jpg (1080x886, 138K)

Of course they will. Are you a sottomite or something?

I bought an NVMe SSD recently.
I don't even play gaymes or any of that shit. I thought I may as well get one because I was looking for an SSD and I had a free M.2 slot just waiting to be used.

Attached: 1374577599111.png (664x602, 318K)

I mean they won't be meaningfully faster (if at all) than a good SATA SSD for games.

If the read and write speeds are better then surely copying a game over and loading it will be quicker.

For game load times the bottleneck isn't the drive, it's the rest of the system rendering the scene.

It's been well-established that it really has no effect. I got sucked into this meme, paid twice what I should have for a 512GB SSD, and it's really no better than the 240GB SATA that it replaced.

Nope youtu.be/vNMcW2tL3r4

everyone already uses NVME, you were the last one faggot.

>ssd
LMOA stay mad speedlet

Attached: CrystalDisk-RAM.jpg (400x367, 36K)

Enjoy your overheating, throttling controllers and 100 degree+ temps

What the hell is that? I thought SSDs were the fastest drives in existence.

It's a ram disk, newfag.

It's a RAM disk. What disconcerts me that the "random" part in RAM seems to be lacking according to that benchmark.

the difference between nvme and sata isn't anywhere close to the ssd to hdd gap.

Ramdisks are faster

even when throttling it is faster than standard SATA retard

Because the HDD->SSD gap is 99% seek times. SSDs basically eliminate that.

how do I use that as a storage device?

show me some data or videos and I'll gladly give up my plans to buy a 1tb 860 evo in favor of the 1tb 970 pro, despite it costing 3x as much.

Plenty of RAM disk softwares out there. Try a few.

Trust me dude, it isn't worth it. I could have gotten a 1TB SATA for what I paid for my 512GB NVMe, and sure, while it posts bragworthy benchmark numbers, it's doubtful it's more 10% faster in real use. I have to literally sit there with a stopwatch to see the difference. Kinda like my friend's Intels against my Ryzen.

lol, don't care about what you are doing, go figure it out yourself.

nvme is completely useless if you don't actively transfer huge files all the time (hundreds of gigs a day).

it has no benefit for gaymers or general productivity

>if you don't actively transfer huge files
And if you are, you're probably using hard disks.

I believe you
kys

fell for the nvme meme, the difference wasn't noticeable, even in compilation times

NVME makes no difference in real life performance, not in loading games or any other normal application.

NVME only makes a difference in benchmarks.

However the price gap is now almost negated, so the argument is kinda moot.

>I love paying double per gig to shave off 2-3 seconds of my loading screen so that my extremely valuable time (which i chose to spend ln vidya) will not be wasted

Attached: 1542391934584.jpg (469x468, 23K)

Hello

Attached: nvme meme.jpg (706x255, 39K)

>the price gap is now almost negated

Really makes you think...

Attached: file.png (1232x967, 197K)

Maybe meant M.2 SATA versus M.2 NVMe?

860 SATA vs. 970 M.2
Really makes you think? Do an 860 M.2 and a 970 SATA.

You just went full retard.

I really did.

Attached: 1514944925659.jpg (720x736, 32K)

That's cute.Lemme know how the 1TB capacity treats you.

Attached: DiskMark64S_2018-11-18_04-55-42.png (802x692, 538K)

>nvme or nand?

Are you really this retarded?
nand is the type of flash storage cells used in the ssd
nvme/SATA/PCIe is only the communication protocoll

I'm good op
pic related

Attached: CDM-NVMe.png (402x367, 41K)

RAM disks are kinda retarded.

Not always. If you have a use case for them (and I'm the first to admit, that isn't a long list) and the RAM to spare, they can be a godsend.

>tfw paid almost the price on right for 500GB 850 evo years ago
I wonder what prices in 4-5 years will be

Low end 1TB Sata ssds will likely be around $100 or less next year.

you know what I meant, nigger

How should I know what you meant?

Attached: 1540915558563.jpg (600x800, 136K)

cheq't, but stop acting like a faggot.

>wanting even faster load screens

The tips go by so fast already and I am not a readlet.

Try starting up The Sims 1 on a modern computer. Does even the first word of the first loading tip make it onto the screen before the neighbourhood appears?

Attached: 1541438420961.jpg (261x323, 22K)

Do you guys use that Samsung Magician stuff or any specific settings? Any drivers?

im gonna have to get new disks again god damn it

Attached: file.png (186x163, 12K)

Also, diminishing returns. Mechanical hard drives are noisy, power hungry and quite slow. The average SATA SSD is fast enough for most tasks. More than that is just the same stupid shit as the people who go for a $1k phone just so they can open 13 apps in 13 seconds. Fuck off with that shit. The motherfucker that buys a 240hz monitor because 144hz is "not enough". Suck my dick.

Definetly use the Samsung NVMe driver.

Other than to update your SSDs firmware, Samsung Magician is pretty useless.

M.2 SATA costs roughly the same as regular SATA.

cope

There are diminishing returns. The time you are reducing is getting shit into RAM for processing, then you have the time spent processing what is in RAM.
Yes, you speed up every instance on having to wait for storage IO, but there comes a point where this is the minority of your loading time, and a SATA SSD is usually enough to cross that line.

Anyway, OP's SSD is barely better than a SATA SSD when it comes to anything that isn't sequential, worse than some, so not sure what he is dickwaving about.

Attached: ssd bench samsung 850 pro.png (802x692, 540K)

t-that speed!

Not him, but he's probably right: a program that benefits from using RAM (that it could, instead, use directly) as a hard disk, is probably poorly designed.

Cope 2: Electric Boogaloo

At least you had the good taste to sage your shitpost.