Red Hat Developers Working Towards A Vendor-Neutral Compute Stack To Take On NVIDIA's CUDA

Red Hat Developers Working Towards A Vendor-Neutral Compute Stack To Take On NVIDIA's CUDA

first big news about ibm bought them
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Red-Hat-Plumbing-Compute-Stack

Attached: 23e874e75679a902b71cdc09355f76a00f087d0bb9e3e54c3d5c71a2b1bc4652.jpg (625x499, 44K)

I like GNU+Linux too much to buy Nvidia products anyway.

fpbp

Hope it fails, we don't need more than CUDA since it just works perfectly

that's a poor way of looking at things. maybe this alternative will be a better product or increase the amount of users able to use it.

And make things harder for current CUDA users, fuck you I don't want that, only ones who can't use CUDA are the ones who can't afford CUDA and want some commie shit version with no support

Good. Doesn't that CUDA shit only work with nvidia GPUs? It's nice that they're replacing that cancer.

Hahahaha, someone I know who works for ibm told me they spent a ridiculous amount of money on ai/neural network and in the end none of it worked. This was about 1-2 years ago, I guess ibm dont learn from their mistakes, If they want something real hard it will miraculously materialise eventually

>red hat will make an api transparent for both segments
>FUCK THEM I LOVE NVIDIA

literally cancer

>. maybe this alternative will be a better product or increase the amount of users able to use it.
But when someone criticizes linux linuxcucks jsut come and start screaming IT JUST WORKS/NEVER HAD PROBLEMS/ITS EASY AS FUCK/NO NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING EVERYTHING IS GOOD LIKE IT IS
KEK

CUDA is a computing library developed and implemented on nvidia products. Nvidia have put a lot of work into making sure that CUDA is well supported and easy to implement and use. For the specific purpose of stopping people from being able to use competitor products, of course.

So, redhat doesn't like nvidia's lockdown on compute and they want their own lockdown the same way they have lockdown on gnome/gtk/systemd/pulseaudio and other garbage they shat out with complete refusal for cooperation?

nvidia is literally the shittiest of the 3 as well as their fangirls.
amd > intel > pajeet turds >>> nvidia

AMD will need this if they intend to sell any Radeon Instincts on the Linux-only supercomputer market.

Attached: hazukigame.png (397x354, 49K)

>nvidia
>repeats ATIs poor market practices
>becomes the new ATI

>we don't need another browser since IE6 works perfectly
>we don't need another language, C works perfectly
>we don't need another ISA, x86 works perfectly
>we don't need another OS, Windows works perfectly
t. idiot

>>we don't need another language, C works perfectly
>>we don't need another ISA, x86 works perfectly
>>we don't need another OS, Windows works perfectly
These are completely valid

linux > macos > windows baby pleb

>1% marketshare

>2%+ DESKTOP market share
>double digits if not majority marketshare in every other sector

Attached: this triggers the npc.jpg (680x568, 25K)

how exactly opening up an api to both parties is a lockdown?

because they are never open to feedback and just do whatever they feel like, open to use, locked down to change

Should I buy AMD stock?

BLUE LOGO BAD

I still don't get why anyboudy would chose CUDA over OpenCL. Honestly the only reason I see is corruption and bribery.

>Red Hat Developers Working Towards A Vendor-Neutral Compute Stack
That's cool that Red Hat is doing their part, and making and GPUs more useful.
We all know that AMD won't do it themselves, so I applaud Red Hat for stepping up.

And ease of use, and actual functionality, and support, and feedback, and complete documentation.

But yeah, CUDA sucks bro.

It's not the AMD won't. It's that AMD can't.

CUDA works, and it's easy to implement.

IBM own redhat now. IBM have nvlink in their power cpus. This must be a conflict of interest somewhere unless it's open capi with nvidia money hat on it.

Good, I hope AMD jumps on it too.

>It's not the AMD won't.
It never is. I'm glad that there are other people out there that don't receive an AMD salary who are willing to make their products more functional. lel.

Based. I hope we get past this vendor lock-in non free nvideo trash.

They giving away free stuff or even good discounted contracts. Well when they dominate market they can jack off the cost and no more discounted / free stuff anymore.

What's wrong with OpenCL?