>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580/590 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 1534940983686.jpg (1008x720, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/Gc4pMZ
de.pcpartpicker.com/list/yJnpMZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/vxPJGG
pcpartpicker.com/list/MLKqQZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First xDDD

good job :D

Hi Jow Forums,

what are some good horizontal pc casings to fit a mid-end gaming build into it. I would like to build my rig in a similiar way like pic related.
My budget for a case is around 100$ and it can be second hand.

280x

Thermaltake Core V1, V21, X1 - X5.
Fractal Node.
Post the pic so we can actually help you.

pcpartpicker.com/list/Gc4pMZ
First, build how I do?

de.pcpartpicker.com/list/yJnpMZ
3 things:
16gb bdie somewhere around 150 would be the dream
m.2 vs. regular ssd - at least 500gb, 1tb preferred because boot drive and for stuff that needs to go fast
will be using my 970 until GPU prices are no longer crazy or i get a really sweet deal on a 1080 or 2070(around 450)

suggestions, /pcbg/?

Fuck Lain.

Attached: 1508376109577.jpg (558x800, 230K)

2x8 bdie probably gonna be $160 again right before/after bf/cm
2x16 bdie rgb is currently $350 which is the lowest price it's been ever

are used prices in Germany that high compared to my eastern EU shithole? Around here you can get used Vega 64's with somewhat of a warranty for 320-34 EUR

>32gb
by the time i need 32gb for gaymin and maybe some streaming the whole rig will be so outdated that i might as well rebuild.

>bought a msi armor rx 570 4gb from a miner today
>paid $100
>tfw 82.9% asic
>top 22% of all 570 measured on gpuz
>1.0v at 1300MHz core
>samshit vram oc'd 1750 straight to 2000 without problem. suck on that hynix.

>mfw ffxii still can't 60fps max settings.
>ao 1/2 res
>no aa
>shadow 1024x1024
>to get somewhat stable 60fps
>my other machine with 3gb 1060 max msaa down to 4x 75% gpu load.
>:^|

used? only way i'd ever buy a used GPU is if it was an EVGA within warranty and the seller was willing to transfer it.

b-die, or as I like to say:
boodai

threadly reminder:

The OP does not consider the (PRO) 2700/X as HEDT

I S H Y G D D T
S
H
Y
G
D
D
T

>i shy gddt

what does this even mean?

Attached: 1537461319799.jpg (2000x1684, 147K)

You need to be 18+ to post here, newfag.

Does that chip need pic related to run? Then it's not HEDT, that term is for monster chips that need monster boards with a dozen ram slots or whatever.

Attached: 2017080111442524_big.png (1000x813, 276K)

Looking to upgrade my i5 2500k to an i7 8700k, do I need b-die or is it a negligible difference.

How much of a diference would make getting a rx570/580 8gb or 4gb if I plan to play on a 1080 60+ fps ?

10% or less each increment because OC exists

for the price its not worth it. 3000+ and you're fine generally

So I was thinking about buying a used 1070 / 1070ti as I saw them sold cheap. How much risk do I take considering the average coin miner has the IQ of a peanut-head nigger and thus most likely tried to mine them at his cuckshed with no air flow and no ventilation whatsoever?

Then it's worth getting a 580 8gb I understand , which one should I go for, msi and gigabyte are shit as stated on OP , how is shappire?

how much do you trust the average person

One of the best but you pay for it.

Why does the mbest MB279QR144 keep getting recommended here to people asking about IPS monitors when it's AH-VA?

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 15K)

not that much to be frank

there you go

thanks

aoc 24" freesync 1080 144ghz
rx580 8gb
ryzen 5 2600x
2x8 ddr4 @3200
b450
500gb ssd

Does it make sense or am I overdoing it for 1080p 60fps ?

Is there a concensus best low-end ryzen motherboard? How much do you have to spend for the ability to overclock?

buy from some FB group with admins and a trusted system, there's bound to be some in your area. It's how I got my Gigabyte 1070 for 40% cheaper with warranty and all. Runs flawlessly
niggers can't read
XB271HU is the KING of 1440 144hz IPS monitors.

b450 mortar

I'm looking at the Asus 470 pro but I want wifi/bluetooth should I be looking at pci cards or usb addons?

What motherboard to combine with a r5 2600? As long as it overclocks well I don't care about other features. MSI b350/b450 seem to be the most popular and most reviewed, but is the consensus on Jow Forums that MSI boards are bad?

>XB271HU
too bad it's the ugliest monitor ever made.

Attached: 3410310.jpg (538x600, 23K)

Yeah that's about right for the res.
Though you may have to upgrade that GPU a few years in.

Regarding storage: There used to be an infosheet of which WD color to pick for a given purpose (I think). Does anyone have that? If not, which HDD would you recommend for media storage?

>will be using my 970 until GPU prices are no longer crazy or i get a really sweet deal on a 1080 or 2070(around 450)
Why the hell wouldn't you just get a 1070ti?

Just go to their website they explain them

mod the base and you're set
>slimmer bezels than the gay Asus one
>cheaper than the gay Asus one
>marginally better panel
>less chance of backlight bleeding and the usual issues

Going for 1440p and don't want to upgrade again in a year.

>2x16 bdie rgb is currently $350 which is the lowest price it's been ever
Is it worth it? I read there was some trouble getting 2x16 to work properly at higher speeds on Ryzen.

I sprayed some plastidip on the red bits of the stand and it looks great.

Oh wow, a company's website that's actually useful, thanks senpai

Besides, good 1070Tis are somewhere between 550 and 600 in merkel land.

Is OC-ing RAM worth it?
How can I tell if I can do it?

Attached: .png (300x300, 92K)

So how good is this panel? Does it actually look as good as other IPS ones? IS there any weird rainbow effects or other issues?

is $400 a good price for a 1070ti?

worth it really depends on you. personally, i value bdie at $10/gb and not a penny more, it's a luxury item and i expect the price to reflect that up to a certain point. this sale hit that mark exactly (plus RGB tax) and since it's a dual rank kit it's kiiind of a deal compared to 2x8 at $160 because it's technically a better binned kit (harder to hit those timings on a dual rank compared to single rank), less dimms used/gb too at almost exactly 2x the price for 2x the size.

all that said, prices will likely level out at $10/gb bdie for a while and continue lowering through 2019.

>The OP does not consider the (PRO) 2700/X as HEDT
HEDT is a platform; AM4 will never be a high end platform. Just like you cannot consider a 9900K a HEDT CPU, but can consider a 7800X a HEDT CPU(Except 7740X and below because it have have zero features of the HEDT)

Listed memory speeds/timings are just what the factory has verified that they run at, you can push them but mileage varies. I bought a cheap 2133 cl14 kit and took it to 2667 cl15 without much effort.

Sorry m8, HEDT needs at least a 1366 pin socket to qualify.
What's really sad is LGA1366 was literally the HEDT socket when this was a meme.

i can't seem to be able to overclock my g.skill aegis 3000mhz cl16 to anything over the xmp profile. i have b450-a pro and it doesn't pass memtest after setting 3200mhz and all settings on auto or even ryzen dram calculator safe 3000mhz preset.
i've read that some people managed to get 3333mhz or even dropped the timings to cl14 at 3066mhz. am i doing something wrong?

I have 2 cheap ddr3 1600 c11 bars.
Any chance for me?
Does it even matter if I have a i5 4570?

That depends do you have a motherboard that supports overclocking, if you don't you wont have access to timings sa/io voltage or even dram voltage

I think it does.
It's a cheap MB but they slap OC all over it.

just try it. there's 0 chance you'll fuck up (providing you read a guide) and unlike cpu overclocking it doesn't raise power consumption, so it's basically a free performance gain.
some games benefit a lot, some don't care at all.

yeah you'll know if it's a z series motherboard, honestly it's free performance and it's an interesting thing to get into. May as well.

No it's a cheap B85 board.
I'll go check the manual

i'm not to familiar with b85, but i'm pretty sure the only way to overclock that is through bclk.

>bclk
what

budget's 1000$-1200$, looking for something that can run any game and record it at the same time

base clock OC. it's a bunch of complicated headaches and guaranteed to not be something you want to do.

You make a good point, user. Where I am (Australia) prices are more expensive and a lot of the B-die stuff is out of stock, but I can get a 32GB kit on sale for only slightly more expensive than the 16GB kit I was looking at. I think I'll go for it and hope for the best, thanks user.

How big of a performance boost are we expecting from Zen 2? Worth waiting until spring or so? My 3570k's chugging along mostly okay, but it's definitely bottlenecking me

go look by yourself dummy

Am I dumb if I buy an expensive IPS monitor with 144hz and low response times and input lag if I have a weak pc that won't even run games at 60fps as it is right now?

I likely won't update this computer for another couple of years and when I do, I'll opt for budget graphics cards and not the fastest on the market because I just don't have the money for it.

It essentially is a clock that handles cpu speed and other things like ram and the pcie bus. you'll see it in the bios as 100mhz. and the cpu speed is calculated as bclk x multiplier. It's cancer, even going as far as 102mhz bclk can cause instability as you're overclocking your entire system. It's unreliable.

I did it guys, my RX 590 came today. What game should I try it out with?

pcpartpicker.com/list/vxPJGG

Pathologic.

yeah thanks I got the b die ram already it was like 148 on sale

For 2600 = b450 tomahawk/mortar

Not even with 3200mhz cl16?

Hitman 2

yes you're really really dumb
in a couple years the cards to run at high fps are gonna be cheaper but so will the high refresh monitors. why buy at a higher price now when you can't even make use of the most expensive feature.

the art in that shit was comical, fuggit this is probably what a computer looks like (random fucking wires, ports, rectangles, etc)
To think the cringe edgy children on here post pictures of lain shit thinking they are dark and mysterious, such was the reason that kid made the chan clone lainchan. the cringe needs to stop. hiro even got so fed up with the cringe that he decided to get another domain just for this type of cancer to move it off to.

Then I won't get one. I'll probably go for the U2715H

I was wondering for monitors how much of a difference is 5ms to 1ms for gaming?

If I was to buy a monitor to be kept in portrait mode purely for reading my massive backlog of manga, and I'm not willing to fork out the cost of a semi-descent tablet, which should I go for?

(I may also use it when video editing to display my project panel with all my assets, but that's it)

Attached: 1278962347383.jpg (480x360, 103K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/MLKqQZ

A friend said i shouldn't worry too much about what motherboard to get for my 9700k as long as it wasnt bottom barrel

Any real difference between the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING and MSI Z390-A PRO if i could get em both for the same price?

Attached: intel-core-i7-9700k-36ghz-lga1151-socket.jpg (400x320, 24K)

xmp has 16-18-18-38-69 at 2933mhz, at 3200mhz it generates errors in memtest, raising voltage doesn't help, though i haven't played with VTT DDR / VDDP voltages

Decent IPC and clock increases, I'd say it's worth it

If you can find a 16:10 monitor, it works better because it's not so narrow. It's fucking annoying how rare those are becoming now, though.
Also, I wouldn't go above 24" or so. I'm tried 27" in portrait and it's just way too fucking tall. You end up ignoring the top and bottom of the screen.

decent choice. i've got a U2415 (1200p 24" version of that) as one of my secondary monitors and it's gorgeous, really nice bezels too. whenever you decide to upgrade your shit it'll make a great secondary monitor.
be on the lookout for deals this week for it if you have the money now, a lot of nice monitors are going on sale already

Thanks for the tips.

Do you have a set up geared towards reading comic pages? If so, please share.

Anyone knows what are some safe voltages for iGPU on MSI B350? They finally added iGPU OC options into PC MATE bios. If I remember right, 1.2V of real voltage should be fine, I just don't know how accurate the settings is. I'd rather not "just try it" since some mobos can significantly overshoot the reported voltage.

What is the best motherboard for 2600 or 2600x and which ram that is not overpriced.

I don't read mango particularly often, but it certainly does work a lot better on a portrait monitor.
I literally just open it with a normal image viewer.

Do you realize Lain came out pre-internet era? The internet was around, but it wasn't in everyone's homes, and "internet culture" back then was only known to a small handful of nerds. If anything, Lain was had a revolutionary vision.

You know how retro sci-fi of the 50s predicted we would all be flying around in hover cars by now? Same sort of shit.

Are you the sort of guy who would look at concept art from the 50s and laugh about how dumb an naive they were?

MSI Tomahawk/mortar, asrock pro4,

100% orange juice

massive kekkling
see, a lainfag kid got triggered. Face it, your favorite little edgy show is nothing more then a generic wannabe prohax show. the fuckers didnt even know what a fucking computer looked like.

Yes it's ebin, just buy it.

I'm not even a massive fan. Haven't watched the show for like 15 years. Just saying you're a dumb dumb.

Yupp, that's my plan, buying one during black friday.
I would have liked to get a newer model, but I keep hearing great things about the u2715h, also would have liked to have gotten one more fit for gaming, but they get so expensive and like I said my system is too weak to run most modern games anyway.