What's your favorite programming language and why? Mine's python atm

what's your favorite programming language and why? Mine's python atm

Attached: computer.gif (500x373, 1020K)

C.
It's fun to program in, it's efficient, and it triggers all of the retards.

C and Python is a true Chad's combo.

c# because m'icrosoft shill

Attached: zw.png (133x119, 16K)

Even Nasa thinks this

C + lua

>mess up formatting somewhere
>everything explodes

C since it's simple, Python for making quick and dirty scripts, Haskell for making elegant things that would be a little too verbose in C.

My favorite is ruri

Attached: 1502557082719.jpg (1280x1440, 294K)

did you read the post, user?
why is ruri your favorite?

because she is best girl all girls any girl forever
and she programs her own VN's and uses real programming language (C) no webdev nonsense
pic related: me when I see ruri

Attached: 1523929673459.jpg (540x1080, 70K)

Swift but I'm too lazy to learn UIKit/any other framework so I never do anything with it.

Rust and Haskell

32-bit ARM assembly on Cortex-M0+ because it doesn't have any of the Intel retardation
Rust because it's so comfy
C because I am already very familiar with it
StandardML with mlton compiler because I love learning how the language and its internals work

I only use C and assembly

considering that atomic bomb happened
it's quite makes sense

>liking 02
ruriposter confirmed having shit taste

C++ and Pascal

C++ and Kotlin

THIS!

Perl
Old as fuck but also based as fuck. Triggers millenials. Damn even a minimal perl install is useful as fuck. And this is guaranteed under redhat

Right on all accounts. Add lisp for fast prototyping and you're done.

Nim because it's actually a human readable language with minimum verbosity and you can save a lot of time with metaprogramming.

Raku of the Perl family of programming languages.

It's a versatile language, nice syntax (I'm not bothered by the sigils; they're quite useful.), multiparadigmatic, sweet and straightforward OOP, cleaned up regexes and grammar, metaprogramming, etc.

At the moment, the language isn't that popular but it wasn't popularity that drew me to it. After all, good and conscious design is not directly correlated with popularity and there are many instances of this.

Rust. ive never programmed in a "safe" language before and im learning so much from it atm

FOR ME, IT'S C

DO YOU CODE LIKE THIS ALSO?
YOU MUST RUN INTO A SHIT TON OF ERRORS!?!??
ALSO, CAN YOU HEAR ME? SHOULD I SPEAK LOUDER? HELLO?
HELLO?
BUELLER?
BUELLER!??
HELLO!

The chad’s “C and Python”

Which assembly? X86? Arm? 6502?

Did not expect to see another raku user on this thread.

>not a single javascript programmer

You nerds don't know what you're doing

quite the contrary newb

I lurk around Jow Forums once in a while :-)!!

Kotlin

COBOL. It's just the most convenient.

Rust, Python and Lisp are the best combo desu

liar

imagine programming without lambda, map, filter.

would rather kms

newfag

>Indentation significant syntax
dropped

I highly doubt NASA uses C very much

chad python3 ftw

For me, it’s Algol 68

QBasic

PHP

if crystal had proper support for parallelism it would be my fav language. but so it's swift

woah we have a real hack3r here

Toss up between cl/js. They're both so hacky and I love it.

They probably do. C/C++ and Fortran are still the goto languages in high performance computing. (i.e numerical methods, which they do A LOT of)

Kotlin
-It has retarded degrees of de-boilerplating flavor syntax without too much feature bloat.
-Explicit Nullibility should be standard in every language (often times you just want a Chair, not a place where a Chair may or may not be living)
-Immutable variable type is not obnoxiously verbose for something you should be using 99% of the time.
-Good fluid lazy-loaded iteration library. Should satisfy most of the less-hardcore functional zealots.
-100% Inter-operable with Java and JS, compiling to JVM bytecode and Javascript, so that effortlessly covers like 99% of my potential release environments. And if you're willing to pin yourself down to one or the other it means that you have the vast libraries and support network of either Java or Javascript.

It can probably get ugly as hell to read someone else's Kotlin code (especially since there are so many ways to do the same time and no real established standards), but it's a blast to write.

Attached: kotlin.png (1915x963, 147K)

Talk more about this. I used to love programming in assembler, and I'm tempted to learn ARM to hack stuff on the Pi.

>choosing languages based on syntax aesthetics
There are not enough good languages oUt there, you can't afford to reject them for inconsequential autistic reasons. Sometimes you need ugly tools to produce beautiful software.

not NASA but same vein

Attached: f35-languages.png (500x358, 85K)

should've stuck with Ada, what a clusterfuck of a plane

>340,534,53%
I'm pretty sure that's not how percentages work.