/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: download.jpg (1250x1000, 167K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00757RYPK
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for atom-chan!

Where are the headphones anime girl feet?

Attached: 20181117_193925.jpg (4032x3024, 3.43M)

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1514864405905.png (1280x720, 3.6M)

What album is your favorite?

I don't have a favourite album.
When pressed, I'd go "Master of Puppets". But it'd be out of character!

Attached: 1538743365246.png (1920x1080, 3.26M)

You are one massive idiot.

What amp should I get for my LCD2F?

no u.

best chinese dac/amp

(you) are one massive faggot

shut weeb

topping dx3pro

AKG K702 + SMSL M3
or just my K545 hooked to my laptop/phone when I'm away from home.

>metal
cringe

>disrespect for other people's varied musical tastes

>metal
based

Tell me why I shouldn't, poorfags

Attached: audite-002[1].jpg (830x467, 48K)

they leak the shitty sound they produce

That's a good pick!

Attached: Setup (Second Version).png (1617x723, 2.14M)

Why not favorite songs? I never got how people could appreciate an entire album; there's inevitably a few shit songs within them; always.

Crosstalk is bad because it leaks all frequencies equally, you want deliberately designed crossfeed that closerly simulates how you would actually hear sound from stereo speakers.

Is it true that 192kbps mp3 files are enough for the average user and there is barely a difference between those and the 320kbps mp3 files or above? I talked to a audiophile I know who owns a $6000 setup and he says the difference is barely noticeable to most people.

>simulates how you would actually hear sound from stereo speakers.
The objective isn't to emulate stereo speakers and their lack of soundstage, but to do 3d placement.

>emulate stereo speakers
Ever wondered why there's such a thing as 5.1, 7.1 and so on speaker setups?

I was able to hear the difference between 192kbps mp3 and 320kbps mp3 in a blind test, but not between 320 mbps and FLAC. I’d aim for 320kbps mp3 just to be sure.

Who the fuck remembers Miyu? what an edgy show. defeat the evil monster of the day while it spoonfeeds you moral bs
desu tho one of my fav anime OSTs of all time was the Miyu tv series desu

I don't know about you but apple's earphones literally do not fit in my ears at all thus making them wholly unusable

>I’d aim for 320kbps mp3 just to be sure.
You weren't able to hear the difference in some test, fair enough.
But you're extrapolating, and implying that because you weren't able in that test, there's no difference. That's not something you can do. These compression techniques and psychoacoustic models are good, but they're not perfect. There's no guarantee there isn't some part of some song that they'll fuck up completely.
The only way to be safe is to go lossless.

Yeah, should have said that ”at least 320 kbps”. It’s true that there’s very little reason to not go lossless now that disc space is cheap as cookies.

he also mentioned as long as they are encoded properly or something like that. I'm sorta broke after buying my new audiophile headphones so it will be a while to go to lossless if I choose to.

also, isthat fucking glenn gould playing js bach? how is an oldfag like you still around? the WTC books have more interesting fugues in them desu.
will life ever get better? I feel like a specimen under a microscope. Care to offer some wisdom user?

The difference between 192 and 320 is barely there. You're not going to be sitting there, listening to 192s, thinking "hang on, this sounds compressed".
Or take the middle road and get 256 kb/s, that's more than enough.
The best way to sleep peacefully is to get lossless and compress it down yourself, so you know you're not listening to some hack job with artifacts by a russian monkey.

>compress it down yourself
How does one do this? I'm new.

VPN + qbittorrent + good virus scanner + tparser website or something else and ur good for lossless.

pls help anons

hd58x with felt mod vs hd6xx
58x without felt mod vs 6xx

opinions on Shure SE846?

6XX

is there a good place to get good public domain classical music?

How can I attach V-MODA BoomPro Mic to HD600?

I have headphones with USB adapter but I a have direct plug in for both directly in the PC.

Will it sound better AND louder w/o the USB?

>it leaks all frequencies equally
Crosstalk in electronics is given by capacitive discharging across the wires. This means that crosstalk increases with frequency. Naturally, this also means that the electrical crosstalk has much more to do with the headphone impedance and cable used.
Crosstalk measurements of amplifiers aren't done for particular relevance, but out of ease

Its okay I found a way kek, its not the best way but for 1-3 hours gaming sessions with friends it should stay well.

V-Moda LP2 I have are not comfy after like 1 hour

Attached: 46492896_265510424146823_2585727014073794560_n.jpg (4032x3024, 782K)

>he thinks airpods are some expensive luxury
sorry to burst your bubble, poorfag, but the best headphones cost an order of magnitude more

Is This a decent enough Step-down Transformer for a stax energizer amazon.com/gp/product/B00757RYPK

Any wireless earbuds like this that have volume control on them similar to airpods?

Airdots yo

also checked

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-AirDots-TWS-Wireless-In-ear-Earbud-3-780x405.jpg (780x405, 44K)

can someone give me the rundown on balanced out on dacs?

Attached: sdac.jpg (1065x817, 98K)

>made in china
>not buying products made in USA or in IRELAND!!!

Attached: 9b69d94e2552d008597b176660f301731e1bb5acc119681daa4874f3a05f571c.png (987x968, 23K)

Get topping DX3 or wait for atom and a DAC to go with it?

>get metal and LCD screen stack now
>get plastic and maybe a dac in the future

gee idk

i like the one with the cool LCD screen and bluetooth feature!

>thinking that made in USA actually is a proof of quality and a desiderable feature outside muh 'mmmerica

This is just a friendly reminder that EQd to the 2017 over ear Harman target midfi like hd58x and dt880 sound better than anything in its stock form including l700 and hd800s

chink fag detected

actually european, but yes, nowadays even chink made is more desiderable than made in USA.

But amir said atom makes every other budget amp obsolete...

>taking amir graphs at face value

Attached: 2a5476fc9c6bf2248befa73430df92c9d296dc92f1f0dc1cc3ebd3703d49f224.png (487x538, 548K)

You're a moron.

Amir is nothing but a mercenary, offering his services to the highest bidder. Never trust a man like that.

BUT COOL LCD + BLUETOOTH FEATURE user!

Attached: 2018-11-15 20_59_07-dx3 pro topping - Google Search.jpg (679x492, 28K)

Beyer for ultimate comfort

Sounds like you're not listening to the right stuff user. There are dozens of albums I can listen to straight through.

Are Sony's MDR7506 worthwhile? Or should I go with a MH50X's?

I'm coming from the following headphones:
JVC - HARX700
JVC - HARX900

Both of which I love dearly despite their very very poor construction (I've had to replace my 900's twice.)

neither, get DT770

I get what you mean and you are not wrong, but imho an album usually captures a whole perspective of the composer, something harder to do with just one song, take Type O's discography for example, you can literally hear it going from sarcastic to depressed across the years, only to get more humurous and happy on the last album, just as Peter was winning over alcoholism and feeling optimistic about the future, poor guy...
Maybe it's just me, but in some cases it just feels lacking to not listen to the whole album. That's not to mention conceptual albuns with connected songs and everything. But like you said, yeah, some times some songs are shit, and some times i just like a few songs from a band, it happens.
Lol, what can i say? I was a bit of a goth kid back when i first watched Vampire Princess, it felt right, and the songs were great!
Yeah, truth be told, i never went much deeper than "pop" classic. I like how you can hear him humming along the music though.
>how is an oldfag like you still around
Don't know, being here since long before the first /hpg/, it was pretty nice to see all the MDR V6 vs M50 contained within a single thread.
Lol, not much of wisdom to share dude, sorry, i'm not even that old.

Right now I would get the topping d10 and atom unless you prefer the two in one form factor.
You know either is fine
Be happy you're buying when you are. You may have ended up with a shitty fucking modi 2 and magni 3 like me.

This, I got the D10 with my amp I have for a while now

Attached: 2018-11-10 18_40_18-Topping D10 Mini USB DAC CSS XMOS xu208 es9018k2m opa2134 Decoder Audio Amplifie (467x303, 103K)

I have tested the original M50 and MDR V6, gotta agree with , it imo sounds better and it's much more comfortable. An alternative is the Custom One Pro which is also very comfortable and sturdy, if you preffer a bassier sound.
With that said, if those are your only options i'd go with the MDR 7506, they feel sturdier than the M50, either way i suggest you get better pads for them, Brainwavz offers both real leather and velour pads compatible with both, there's also angled and/or deep XL pads for even more comfort.

Based Schiit stack, you should be happy.

Modi 2 performs like shit and I knew that I just wanted it to match my magni 3 which I thought was good. Unfortunately the magni 3 makes an annoying noise as you adjust volume, the knob feels like shit, and its just another thing pouring out heat on my desk.
I would strongly prefer atom+a black DS DAC like d10, d50, sdac etc

Attached: 20151216-Eugenia Cooney-GETTING MY HAIR CUT!-uAdFtibXf5o.mp4_snapshot_00.31_[2018.11.11_17.37.16].jp (1280x720, 140K)

I have magni 3 and im happy with it...maybe the more expensive schiit products are not worth at all but when I got the magni 3 it was and kinda is a good choice...though if i was in the market for a new amp/dac i would get dx3 pro or atom

thank mr skeltal

Different technology.
Tech is irrelevant, results (as in, measured) is what matters.

But the scratchy knob and shit measurements are features! It degrades the signal less!

Beautiful finish.

Attached: DDTJHW1VoAExdiU.jpg (675x1200, 123K)

>This is achieved by the phase and gain applied as the signal is broken apart and compared at both ears
In short, by introducing differences between ears. Good luck with a mono cable, unless you put your logic in the cups themselves.
>Audio tracks are not normally made for headphones, assuming speaker crosstalk
If you want crosstalk, you can add as much as you want. You can even do it with DSP.
Removing it once it has already happened, on the other hand, is just not possible.
Crosstalk is cancer, as it takes away the control the signal has over each headphone cup, and with it the potential to create a soundstage.

My dx3 got shipped out

>Awaiting delivery
From "awaiting shipment".

Attached: 1532209785520.png (720x960, 1011K)

Aoshida? Mine still awaiting shipment since 11/12/18.

Yes. It shipped out this morning

Where are you from and what delivery method?
Also what store?
Same

Yup, Aoshida.

Attached: 1524485845311.png (1032x1457, 2.32M)

Standard shipping in Western Europe

Same but postNL here, I guess we're just getting chinked. I hope they miss their 35 day gial at least if they're gonna make us wait this long

owned nerd mine shipped three days ago, should be arriving this week

You need to update your shitpost, there's a 2018 Harman target now.

B-b-but the previous one was perfect! This can't be happening!

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (200x200, 12K)

I bought things on gearbest (100 to 200€ orders) and never had issues, all we can do is waiting and see

This is stupid. The scale is many orders of magnitude different. Crosstalk is a parameter this has no serious relevance without being highlighted and exaggerated: comparing ordinary speakers and headphones, and acoustic crosstalk simulations and crosstalk cancellations.
Yes, you can remove crosstalk after induced. Being harder to remove than adding it in does not make it impossible.

looking for some advice for black friday sales; doesnt have to be really specific.
>Budget: $100-ish(+/- $50)
>Location: U.S
>Source: 3.5mm jack
>Type of headphone: full sized
>Open or closed: closed but not too important(i think?)
>Comfort level: less is fine, ill get used to it
>Sound signature: "neutral" or "v-shaped"
>Past headphones: $20 USB "microsoft lifechat" and some $15 3.5mm headphones(dont even know the brand, theyre shit)

motherboard is an x370 taichi AM4 if that matters; realtek HD audio drivers.
basically just looking for "mid" quality headphones, or better if the price is right. ive never had any good headphones so any kind of upgrade will probably sound good to me. all my friends recommend sennheiser but i dont know too much about them or which model to look for.
these will mostly be for music, im not too concerned with how things will sound in video games or surround sound/3d audio stuff.

>Crosstalk is a parameter this has no serious relevance without being highlighted and exaggerated
As the post that started this said, it's such small difference it's definitely not audible and irrelevant.
>Yes, you can remove crosstalk after induced. Being harder to remove than adding it in does not make it impossible.
Also known as grasping at straws. Sure, it is possible: You can no doubt encode two signals in one, and decode them at the other end. But you're getting ridiculous.

Is she still alive? Poor thing.

What's a fair price for used dt880s?

Literally who.

>Audioengine D1 dac/amp + FIBAE ME CIEM

I also have a HD650 but it needs replacement pads