Who /os9/ here?

Who /os9/ here?

Attached: comfei.png (1280x1024, 368K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PJknFSazpn0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Can you actually post on that ancient browser?

Classilla is still maintained and designed to work around the modern web from the Classic Mac OS

I'm hoping to pull my G4 mini out of storage when I go home for thanksgiving. The plan is to run OS 9 on it, I've got it maxed out with 1GB RAM and a 32GB PATA SSD.

Yep.

Attached: yep.png (1280x1024, 332K)

how to go back

Attached: 1534251783698.jpg (600x238, 18K)

do you have any ssl support at all

Fastest Power Macintosh G3 reporting in.
What are you running the comfiest OS on, OP?
Also, please update it to 9.2.2

Attached: VERY fast baka.png (1600x1200, 537K)

cute

Did the guys at macos9lives finally figure out how to get OS 9 to boot on a mini? Because it sure as hell isn't supported officially.

>Fastest Power Macintosh G3 reporting in.
It's fast but I will need citation on that.

Sure thing, I'll list you the specs:
>Sonnet Encore /ZIF G4 1GHz CPU (Fastest CPU you can put in one of these)
>Radeon 9250 PCI (Together with the 9200, fastest GPU you can put in an OldWorld Mac)
>768MiB RAM (Maxed out)
>USB 2.0/FireWire/SATA/UltraATA combo PCI card (Does not show up in OS 9's System Profiler for some reason since I installed the 9250, though USB and FireWire work. SATA also works under Tiger and Leopard)
>120GiB Ultra ATA disk from a G4 MDD
>250GiB SATA disk from an iMac G5
>Internal bluetooth module from a mac mini, modified to use the internal USB port in the PCI combo card and with its antenna installed in the Zip drive bay
>Triple-booting OS 9.2.2, OS X Tiger and OS X Leopard, the two latter ween't even supported officially on this machine, and Leopard won't even boot with a G4 upgrade.
Let me boot it into Tiger and I'll show you what the thing can really do.

Attached: Picture 5.png (1600x1200, 434K)

IMNC get off Jow Forums and make new videos

Tom's is a Blue & White, mine's an Outrigger (Beige). Tom's also has a 1GHz G3, while mine has a 1GHz G4.
I have a video on it I made before I did all the upgrades, though:
youtube.com/watch?v=PJknFSazpn0

I might make a video about all the upgrades, though it'll take me a while to film.

Attached: Bitchin' fast.png (1600x1200, 573K)

Rate my windows 7 rice im not sure why I did this

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1080, 274K)

looks p comfy

400MHz single core G4 Sawtooth, 640MB of RAM.

Shit's painfully slow but every Encore card I've seen has been like north of £100, which I'm not prepared to pay for a machine barely worth half that.

You can't. Just embrace the future you despise but must live.

It's gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

Look up a Japanese site called Pasocomclub. I got my Sonnet from them for €40. You'll need a parcel proxy service though, since they don't ship internationally.
Actually, I have a dual 500MHz card from when I upgraded my GbE to a 933. If you"re ever interested there's means to contact me in the youtube channel.
And consider the filming of the video about it srarted.

Attached: IMG_20181118_165026.jpg (2560x1920, 1.54M)

I want to have stimulating physical contact with that Mac!

Would it be worth the upgrade from 1x400 to 2x500? And if so, how much would you want for it?

what's your exact Mac model ? iMac G3 700MHz owner here, I thought the PPC 750MHz was the fastest of the iMac series.

I"m having it right now. How does that make you feel?
>Would it be worth the upgrade from 1x400 to 2x500?
Under OS X? Not unless you got it for free.
Under OS 9? I"d say yes.
>How much would you want for it?
20 yuro + shipping sounds good? Keep in mind I don"t have the hestsink, only the card.
And look up compatibility, in theory it should work fine if you're on the last firmware version, but I've had a Sawtooth with unknown firmware reject it. Though that sawtooth died a few months later from unknown causes. The card has been working fine on my workshop computer up until a couple months ago.
Power Macintosh G3 Desktop, Rev. B 266MHz. As I stated, it has an aftermarket PPC7455 upgrade card. By the way, the fastest stock G3 mac was the 933MHz iBook.

Attached: IMG_20181118_172402.jpg (2560x1920, 1.54M)

look at that subtle off-white coloring... sixteen by ten aspect ratio... aesthetic icons... how did a macfag like you get so tasteful?

>I"m having it right now. How does that make you feel?
Hot.

Thanks for you thorough feedback, I forgot about the Power Mac line and was focused on the iMac one which caps at 750MHz.

Anyway, good hardware you've got here !

>sixteen by ten aspect ratio...
It's a 4:3 LaCie ElectronBlue II.
It's hip to be square.
L-lewd

Attached: Huge ElectronBlue is huge.jpg (4592x3056, 2.62M)

oshit I forgot, it only would be considered 16:10 if it was 1600x1000 (but I don't even know if that resolution exists)

Speaking of parcel proxy service, I have had good experience with kuronashi.com

post some inside images of that TEAC tapedeck that wanted to charm you with magic smoke

It's in the workshop right now, which is a couple streets away from my house, sorry.
But it was just one of those damn defective X-class caps that blew up, there was really nothing to see.
Have a picture of an LC running on an ATX PSU instead.

Attached: IMG-20181117-WA0004.jpg (2560x1536, 1.22M)

makes me a bit paranoid about caps. so many old electronics that could go up in flames when I don't look.

Around caps, never relax.

Attached: c88.jpg (600x583, 118K)

why though

because people have a weird nostalgic attraction to old things despite being objectively inferior to their modern successors

I like low-res pixel art too but I wouldn’t give up using Mojave and switch over to old-school, non-preemptive multitasking, non-protected memory MacOS for it.

I got a 440Ghz PowerMac G4 I want to install OS9 on, how do I proceed lads? It's the first Mac I've ever owned lol.

>X-capacitors are connected between line and neutral, to protect against differential mode interference. Their failure does not create conditions for dangerous electric shock, although it can create a fire risk

>However Y-capacitors are designed to filter out common-mode noise, and are connected between line and chassis; if they short-circuit, they create a risk of shock to the user.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaa

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (514x370, 230K)

>He's never found out the hard way why his VCR has that shock symbol on it
Fucking zoomer whippersnapper, back in my day we made our face the path to ground and liked it

Consumer equipment (like VCRs and audio equipment) is mandated to use double insulation from the mains. That's why they don't have a ground connection or Y-class caps. Only grounded stuff (like computers) is allowed to have Y-class caps.

I've never been able to get a Classic VM/emulator to work.

Must be a 450MHz.
Go to Mac OS 9 Lives and download their universal "9.2.3" ISO, which contains a fully up to date install.
Burn it on a CD and boot the PowerMac with the "C" key pressed so it boots the CD. It's pretty straightforward from that point on.

Attached: Soon.jpg (4592x3056, 1.6M)

retards, mostly

Attached: 1513997609292.png (400x1650, 367K)

You can find premade VMs online

Looks so comfy