Startpage has been re-designed in the spirit of onions. Gone is the old, problematic design...

Startpage has been re-designed in the spirit of onions. Gone is the old, problematic design, which has been replaced with a flat, minimalist look that doesn't scare away the hipsters with an aggressive appearance.

Attached: Untitled.png (660x660, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stats.searx.xyz/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_Database
searx.pofilo.fr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Reminds me of google.

this is why we can't have nice things

Use searx.
stats.searx.xyz/ - list of instances.

>autopager script not working
>20 results per page
>filtered results
>gay design
>slow as fuck

ddg is jewish trap
qwant is shit
searx.me is infested with "Rate limit exceeded" after 3 pages
yahoo is shit
bing - kek
google works but only if used from a neighbors wifi

everything sucks ass and we are almost in 2019.

browsers are shitty and we don't have a decent search engine.

stop shilling that turdware

>turdware
i'll borrow that term

I like it

>bing - kek
bing is fine, when's the last time you used it?

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-14 at 11.40.56 PM.png (625x447, 300K)

>bing is fine
[it becomes quiet] Fine how? What's fine about it?
You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but fine how, I mean fine like saving your history, It amuse you? It make you laugh, It's here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean fine, fine how? How is it fine?

>ddg is jewish trap
fuck off with your anti-Semitic fake news

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_Database

CuckCuckGo & Names Database

Controlled by Israelis... ...built by Americans subcontractors... ...who also happen to be... ...recently acquired... ...wholly-owned subsidiaries... ...of Gabriel Weinberg.

Attached: fd.png (640x272, 161K)

It looks awful but it performs noticeably better, so I can't complain much. I wish they would offer a classic theme though

>CuckCuckGo & Names Database
The two aren't related. Anyone who signs up and WILLINGLY GIVES their personal data over to some classmate type website is a fucking moron. And if it got sold, then obviously the data would be part of that sale. Fuck off with your fake news. Not one shred of evidence that ddg is compromised or should be avoided.

>Names_Database
that was one of those early social networking sites that never made it off the ground. dumb early 2000's boomers would hand their info to any website back then, not surprising. but that has nothing to do with duckduckgo..

>has nothing to do with duckduckgo
except the owner lol

i don't trust people who mouth-foaming to defense of some search engine.

[yawn]

Attached: jew-jitsu-8174.jpg (610x488, 51K)

Here's the problem with any US-based search engine: You likely will never know if it's compromised. Once a company is served a National Security Letter and gag order, no one can talk under threat of criminal prosecution and financial ruin. Even a very honest company with the best intentions can become a US government honeypot overnight--AND IT'S ALL LEGAL under the Patriot Act.

Just look at what happened with Yahoo (DuckDuckGo's biggest partner) for an example. Yahoo reportedly helped the US government spy on everyone communicating to or from or through Yahoo mail servers.

DuckDuckGo uses Amazon web servers. Do you really think Amazon is going to stand up to the US government if it is ordered to provide the government access to DuckDuckGo servers? If the government wants search data from DuckDuckGo, it could easily serve DuckDuckGo, Amazon and Yahoo NSL's and gag orders and mandate secret data collection. Done.

>mega.nz
>.nz

Gabriel (((Weinberg))), the founder of DuckDuckGo, used to run the Names Database. This was a website that aimed to connect people who had lost contact by gathering lots and lots of e-mail addresses. Getting access could be done by either paying money, or submitting lots of e-mail addresses of other people. Since the service revolved around gathering personal information, it is very suspicious for Gabriel Weinberg to start a business that is privacy-oriented.

Bing is the official Jow Forums search engine.

DDG is a dangerous search engine to be using at the very least because it’s hosted by Amazon, which received $600,000,000 from the CIA to help keep every bit of data aka mass surveillance, forever.

>searx.me is infested with "Rate limit exceeded" after 3 pages
Try searx.pofilo.fr and remember to enable Google in preferences because it's disabled in default. It's faster and so far no "rate limit exceeded" errors.

They seem to have removed Javascript from their site too. When I click on the menu button, it opens a new page.

Thank you for that

FUCKING
OPEN IMAGE
OPTION
GONE
Goodbye forever you piece of shit

searx is the buggiest thing ive ever used

Shit!

Attached: fidelio - searx.png (1382x332, 29K)

this

Stop being such a whiny faggot. Nearly nothing has changed.
Also startpage is botnet anyway. Use searx, qwant or yandex instead.

Attached: wide__820x461__desktop[1].jpg (820x461, 15K)

>qwant is shit
Why? Works on my machine.

I get an error but I still get images. Weird

Attached: searx.jpg (2220x805, 470K)

>except the owner lol
he sold it ages ago, quit spreading fud

FB collects the same data, it was an early SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE not a SEARCH ENGINE

a good chunk of the internet is hosted by amazon servers, that's not an argument, try harder

kek

google
>google is a botnet, use ddg
ddg
>ddg is a botnet, use startpage
startpage
>startpage is a botnet, use searx
searx
>___________________________

still using duckduckgo
cry all you want faggots

searx works by taking results from various engines, right? It looks like bing failed, but the others worked.

Attached: yall_ever_bait.jpg (960x960, 262K)

>Used to be able to use it without Javascript and have it just work
>Both searching through my browser and through the website itself
>New design kills that and requires javascript to load search results
How's searx?

Attached: 1531529792497.png (500x522, 156K)

Are you literally retarded? Searx itself is a proxy service that takes your query and searches it for you, that way Google never receives your information, just Searx's.

That being said I still use ddg.