Switching from not working urxvt

I lost fucking one week trying to make my program work, thinking that I'm doing something wrong, when it was all urxvt fault. It works in any other terminal I have tested: (left top -> gnome-terminal, left bottom -> xfce4-terminal, right top -> konsole, right bottom -> urxvt). This simple program works everywhere except for urxvt. It can't get characters from input, crashes and make me lose a lot of time. I'm switching to something else, what can you recommend? I thought of st.

Attached: 2018-11-18-161822_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 282K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ibPziLRGvkg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>expecting things to work in Linux
that was your first mistake

Terminology

It's terminal with so many unecessary features that it could be as well video player of file manager. I just want working terminal.

alacritty

It doesn't even launch.

If you're too stupid to set up a simple urxvt conf, st will absolutely not be any better.
Just install GNOME Terminal or Konsole and suffer the 158MB of dependencies required for them. They are, if nothing else, foolproof. And you are certainly a fool.

st > xterm > shit > urxvt

st

I am using it right now.

Yeah I would use st. Not the base package though, find one on Github that has a few features patched in like scrolling

You shouldn't be using terminal emulators on top of X.`ctrl+alt+F` + tmux is all you need.

>not using grub rescue

>that has a few features patched in like scrolling

Attached: 0EE.jpg (595x446, 39K)

Attached: 1532769986515.gif (280x250, 2.8M)

> it could be as well video player of file manager
What?

youtu.be/ibPziLRGvkg

It was his sentence that confused me moron

It just won't work. Ncurses doesn't play well with urxvt. For now I managed to make xfce4-terminal look and feel like urxvt and I will be using it, because I need something that just works after losing all this time. I'll try st in the future.

st

I have never had a problem using or developing ncurses programs with urxvt. Is your $TERM set correctly?

>what can you recommend
Windows, you fucking NEET.