If both these cpus cost marginally the same (around 300€ where I live) which one would you pick?

If both these cpus cost marginally the same (around 300€ where I live) which one would you pick?
I do some occasional gaymen and light VM work. I don't stream or create content. I'm buying this CPU with longevity in mind as well.
Will the extra cores matter? I don't really give a fuck about losing 10-20 fps in some games but I also don't want to get something I won't ever use anyway.

(The prices are not the ones in the pic)

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/we2oePtTGMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

One of them suffers from serious irreparable vulnerabilities on a hardware level.

Seems like an easy pick.

Honestly, how much does it affect performance or in anyway poses a threat to my privacy/security?

Get a decent B450 Motherboard (Msi Tomahawk or better) and enjoy your 2700X.
I got G4560 based on benchmarks last year because I was on a tight budget, that shit is crippled IRL. Had to toss the motherboard as well because only meaningful upgrade is a quad core, so I got a Ryzen 5 2600 a few months ago, and that B450 motherboard would support a Ryzen 3 as well, if I upgrade in 2 years or something.
So yeah, just get a 2700X, it'll serve you well and if you feel like upgrading in 2-3 years then you can do that as well. Or just wait for Zen2, it's only a few months away now but don't get an 8600K for sure due to intlel chipset jewery.

You tell me what your privacy and security is worth.

why not a 2600 and use that until the 16 core models come on am4?

What is the state of Lllinux on Ryzen 5 2400g? especially with kernel 4.18.

the 2700x performs better and it comes free of performance killing security patches. It's an obvious choice.

>Or just wait for Zen2
Might do that, not really in a hurry

No it doesn't, the i5 doesn't have hyperthreading you stupid fucklet.
Except if you're talking about the 2700X and portsmash, which isn't confirmed yet.

>which isn't confirmed yet
More like it doesn't exist.

>I'm buying this CPU with longevity in mind as well.
>Will the extra cores matter? I don't really give a fuck about losing 10-20 fps in some games but I also don't want to get something I won't ever use anyway
Intlel is trying to catch up to AMD on core counts now that they've lost the IPC advantage, so software will increasingly become more optimized for high core counts in the next few years. The 2700x will age far better than the i5 because of this.

Hyperthreading isn't the only point of vulnerability on the core arch. Spectre and Meltdown are vulnerabilities in the arch itself.

I'd pick the 8600k, but you don't have to. To be honest I'd probably go lower, and just get an i3.

Multithreaded = AMD

Single thread = Intel

Money no issue = Intel

Saving cash but doing what you can = AMD

>Intlel is trying to catch up to AMD on core counts now that they've lost the IPC advantage, so software will increasingly become more optimized for high core counts in the next few years
AMD hasn't coaght up, and the industry just follows intel.

Attached: 1539398556114.png (500x600, 197K)

Unless you use hardware made by yourself i doubt you are secure, so in this case, gaming go Intel, anything else go AMD. i7 6700k even post patches still fucks every Ryzen in most games, and AMD has the best Multicore Performance/Price ratio than anything Intel could ever offer. We are all vulnerable in different ways.

Attached: 1540052217117.jpg (500x327, 22K)

>$330 2700x

Wtf?

If you can wait, I'd recommend waiting for zen 2 and then decide
Sadly as a 2500u owner, I am tell you that there are some freezing problems. You can change some boot parameters and it will work. Graphics drivers are pretty solid though

the latest linux kernel, which just got the latest round of spectre patches, reportedly runs significantly slower on intel chips than the previous version. I'm sure the same will apply to any other kernel.

5ghz 6c > 4.1ghz 8c

Plus Intel naturally have an IPC advantage so that 4.1ghz max oc on the 2700x is really like a 3.4ghz 8c.

well this argument is quite solid I guess I'm-
*major security fixes kill performance anyway*
sheeeitt

>somehow still faster than amd

It's pathetic, really

>6 cores
>2018

Attached: 1542061245740.jpg (400x400, 22K)

Thanks mate.

nice FUD Mr. Goldstein

>so that 4.1ghz max oc on the 2700x is really like a 3.4ghz 8c
Gonna need a source on that

Stop lying, you shameless shill. Coffee Lake has, on average, a 3-5% IPC advantage over Zen+. Virtually all of Intel's performance advantage in high refresh rate gaming is due to clock speed and memory latency, not IPC.

Attached: 1539990676421.png (1278x718, 64K)

2700x at 3ghz is 80% of its advertised turbo of 3.7ghz

9900k/8600k at 3ghs is at 60% of its advertised turbo of 5ghz

Let that sink in

Gaymerfag/eurotrash

You can't be so retarded that you can't even google specs.
8600k advertised turbo is 4.3Ghz
2700X advertised turbo is 4.35GHz
2700X's is higher.

only EPYC was announced, and it will come in Q2 2019. Consumer Ryzen will probably be released later, so it's at least 6 months away.

Got any official statement on that?

I just got one recently. Great, no issues. Pleasantly surprised on 4.19, can't speak for much else.

8600k, better single core speed, thats really it

2600X

2700x
Or wait for Zen 2 (3xxx series) if you can afford to do so.

Trick question. Unless you're doing something that needs 8 cores, you should get the 2600(x) instead.

>No it doesn't, the i5 doesn't have hyperthreading you stupid fucklet.
Out of about 30 security flaws on the core-architecture(none of which are patched on hardware level in Coffee Lake), less than 10 have anything to do with hyperthreading.

Just another reason photonics yards belong in the BIN

8600k no doubt.

Pragmatic sensible non shilling posting on Jow Forums GTFO man!

epyc will come in q1. ryzen 3000 series in q2.

I got a 7700k and a 1600. The 1600 build is by far the superior. Maybe I was just real unlucky

Intel is a niche option for 144hz gamers with 1080ti or better GPUs.

What motherboard should i get?

5*6=30
4.1*8=32.8

Attached: 1539964418227.png (686x773, 74K)

Incels BTFO

Intel. No question. The only reason you should ever buy AMD is if it's really a matter of "cheap or nothing".

>all these pajeets falling for bait

>I don't know what IPC is, the post.
(You)

I would get AMD because I don't want this piece of shit in my PC.

Attached: file.png (800x800, 625K)

To be fair, 8600k doesn't even come with a stock cooler.

>i was only pretending to be an indian intel shill

>buy cpu
>can't even use it right away because no cooler
The STATE of Intel.

Attached: 1541814497947.jpg (1098x894, 117K)

Never buy 14nm Intel again, when they get something new on the market they are worth another look.

the 8600k only turbos to low/mid 4ghz though, this is objectively false...

You neither
Ipc is not the comparison of overall performance delta at same clock

>intel
lol
youtu.be/we2oePtTGMM

I'm aware of that, however, once you equalize clocks, number of cores, number of threads, and choose workloads not overly sensitive to memory latency, relative performance at a given clock speed should correlate very strongly with relative IPC on that workload.