Worth 35$?

worth 35$?

Attached: Screenshot_20181118_183303.png (1096x533, 112K)

Other urls found in this thread:

audiobudget.com/leaderboard/iem
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Porta Potty TM

more like the $1 it costs to manufacture
sure OP, worth

That's what I got mine for

When the gimmick is portability, you know it's a horrible product.

When the poster knows nothing about PortaPros, you know the fag is new.

Why the fuck are people leeching these ugly headphones everywhere

Absolutely. Love mine.
Yeah, seriously.

pros:
They have a beautiful sound
Super comfy

cons:
They leak sound
They don't cancel sound unless you turn your music up a lot
The pads tend to go thin and break after a while
The cable breaks before the year ends

If you take really good care of them, never fold them, don't go sweating over them or sleep with them, they can last you longer plus if you live in Murrika, Koss will send you new ones free.
Again, the sound it's really fucking good.

only two of these are worth buying.

guess which

Attached: headphones.jpg (316x401, 23K)

How sibilant are they?

over ear in ear

I know absolutely nothing about audio terms, sorry. I bought 3 pairs of these because the sound it's really THAT good but they all broke at the junction between the cable and the drivers, at least to me.

Massdrop is selling a special version that fixed that issue so I'm once again checking if I can get another pair.

top ones

>worth 35$?
No.
$10 shipped then yes.

ksc-75 are the same drivers but cost less and are in a superior form factor

What I love about them is that they don't have a harsh sound to them like most headphones of that size. I hate it when small headphones have certain parts in the frequency band that fucking make your ears bleed.
The bass is not muddy or too loud but it is definitely emphasized.

Attached: 452.jpg (563x428, 43K)

t. cheap china copycat price pampered idiot.
there are most likely better alternatives around but 35 bucks is still absolutely worth every penny for them. they're far from perfect but they're absolutely solid phones, especially for that price.

>They have a beautiful sound
For their price.
>Super comfy
If you have no hair on your head.
>cons:
>They leak sound
>They don't cancel sound unless you turn your music up a lot
Not really a con when considering porta pros even though they are meant to be portable, more like something that is known before deciding to purchase like with purchasing open back headphones
>The pads tend to go thin and break after a while
>The cable breaks before the year ends
about right
>Again, the sound it's really fucking good.
For the price (if $20, and below new)

For $10 you will get the ripoffs and not the original. Congrats.

>if $20, and below new
see

>For their price.
Their sound goes beyond their price. That's why they're so well reviewed and beloved.
>If you have no hair on your head.
I have long, thick hair. But small ears.
>Not really a con when considering porta pros even though they are meant to be portable, more like something that is known before deciding to purchase like with purchasing open back headphones
Not a con for me, but some people need a reminder.
>For the price (if $20, and below new)
Disagree. As a poorfag who has bought several $50, $30, $20 headphones and owns a $70 HyperX Cloud Core, the sound of the PortaPross are miles better than those.

>t. cheap china copycat price pampered idiot.
t. cheap piece of shit multiple porta pro over a few decades owner here
>there are most likely better alternatives around but 35 bucks is still absolutely worth every penny for them. they're far from perfect but they're absolutely solid phones, especially for that price.
There are definately better options for $20, and up today. It's not the 1980's anymore. There's a lot of competition that have came, and gone as well as new chinkshit right now.
$35 for porta pros today is not worth it. The design is 30 years too old, and maybe $20 too much today. Tech didn't stand still, and cost to manufacture headphones with better sq do exist for the $20+ range.
If you weren't just some retarded hipster zoomer who got convinced through a head fi article then you would most likely understand.

>2018
>buying porta pros for $35
Retards fell for the meme. Just let that shit die already.

>There are definately better options for $20, and up today. It's not the 1980's anymore.

i just got here and wel said... all you need is to know your budget and go to audiobudget.com/leaderboard/iem

and if iems hurt or dont fit in your ear then just KYS or save for some Takstar pro 82

also friendly reminder the revonext qt2 will be the new Jow Forums memephone of choice eclipsing the tine Tin T2

Attached: 68e1ece3-8c01-4955-bbda-71126aae4e20.jpg (604x766, 77K)

>and owns a $70 HyperX Cloud Core
opinion disgarded

>brand keeps warning about copycats
>still gets cheap copy for 10 bucks
>wonders why they're shit

Attached: 132352345673.png (408x450, 35K)

So what's succeeded them as the go-to folding on-ear headphones?

>brand keeps warning about copycats
MFW the copycats are atiually superior, but over the past 20-ish years I've purchased authentic koss porta pros, and they used to be great performers for the price (B&M prices would never be over $20) when paired with tape decks.
>still gets cheap copy for 10 bucks
>still
Montgomerry Wards, and Circuit City used to have them in dollar bins, so even $10 is a stretch for them desu.
>wonders why they're shit
But they aren't shit for $10-ish. At $20, and up they are actually shit, and there are many options available today that are better while being more practical.
By the way you did not discover these fucking gems. They have been out for a long time, and your mom probably sucked everyones dicks with a pair around her neck while in a station wagon.

I've owned a pair, they are not as sibilant as their construction would suggest. They are more rounded in the high end and have deep bass response, which reduced somewhat by the thin, open drivers. They tend to improve upon the sound of sibilant sources.

it's when high frequencies make a "sssssss" kind of sound that tickles or pierces your ear. It's a sign of a shit headphone.

Nah I grew up with these uncomfortable as fuck

>They tend to improve upon the sound of sibilant sources.
this came to my mind the first time I listened to music wearing them. remembered how my average tape recording sounded and how the phones characteristics would have fit perfectly to make them sound better.

still works pretty good for modern sources but it's apparent for what they were made back then which I like to be honest.

no

Over ear and in ear. On ear is for people who have brain damage.

All of Koss' "vintage" headphones they sell nowadays are not the same as the originals at all, they just have the outward appearance with some of the acoustic flavor lended by their construction. Not to say they are bad or cheapened up over the years, but the acoustic profile has changed over time. Also while the PPs are relatively durable and light they are still just basically the upgrade from the cheapo orange-padded tinny crap that came in the box with your cassette player.
If you can believe it, you can actually buy bluetooth-equipped on-ears with orange pads styled to look like they're the pack-ins for a Walkman, so you can really look like a tool with shitty wireless headphones that look like shitty wired headphones. Koss makes a wireless Portapro and it's hilariously low-effort for the ridiculous price they ask.

There are better portable headphones now, but they don't look like Portapros.
There were better headphones of that style back in the day, but the only ones you can still buy today are Portapros.

>Montgomerry Wards, and Circuit City
nigga those stores haven't existed for over 20 years, i'm not sure their clearance pricing is relevant.

I basically forgot I had a pair of these a few years ago. Lasted about a year then started falling apart. Nice aesthetic, but not a long term product at all. not recommended

>nigga those stores haven't existed for over 20 years, i'm not sure their clearance pricing is relevant.
That was the fucking point, and believe it, or not, but porta pros were constantly in bargain bins. The bargain bin prices where what led to the whole "amazing for the price" perspective that people had. Nobody really went out to buy a pair of porta pros. They picked them up while they saw them in the bargain bin when they broke/lost their original headphones. Tapedeck/CD player bundled headphones where usually pretty shit tier, and people were fucking amazed that their bargain bin sub $5 head phone sounds relatively amazing. They were never fetishized over like the new underaged zoomers who don't know anything are doing though.

Just get sportapros. They're basically the same thing

Cables are total dogshit and I can't be bothered to mail them for repairs through their (((lifetime))) warranty every 6 months.

Great portable headphone for low noise environments. I use mine for trail running.

This old chestnut

>Says 35 ameriquid
>Costs 50 ameriquid
Honestly goy, you think 70 ameriquid is a ripoff?
You should see what the competitors are pushing for.
90 ameriquid's a steal!

The earpads they come with are a kind of thin fabric or something and they're kinda uncomfortable and deteriorate quickly. What I did was I found some foam pads off of chinese headphones that are thicker and used those instead. They're so much more comfortable than they were.

I have a pair of these and they sound awesome for the money. You should be able to find them for closer to $20, though.

is there a great difference with it's brother the ZS6?

Looks uncomfortable.

They're not, they've got an adjustable headband and the drivers don't actually press to your ears like normal on-ear headphones, they have little foam pads that rest on your head just above your ears with 3 angles for the drivers to set at

Uncomfortable, flimsy, sharp pieces of shit.

The ones not from Alibaba have the headband edges rounded properly.

So the relative value of things is dictated by their price at failing big-box stores from two decades ago or more?
Are you retarded? You do realize there's a significant difference between the cost to produce an item for the manufacturer and what a retailer can sell it for?

The fact of the matter is there is no more bargain bin and no montgomery ward where you can go get $5 Portapros, so now brand new ones cost a bit more, especially if you get them direct from the fucking manufacturer. They're cheaper elsewhere, as OP has found, and they were worth at least that much back then even if a couple of dead retail stores hocked them for cheap.

KSC-75 don't have the same drivers, they have better.
Sporta Pro on the other hand
>are the same drivers but cost less and are in a superior form factor

Shit eyes desu

Attached: sportapro_1.jpg (1500x1500, 95K)

dont talk to me or my son even again. the kz-zs6 is not my brother.

they look similar but revonext qt2 has incredible bass extension and not the ear rape treble of the zs6

Damn the prices have really gone up. The used to be 20 at most.

Thanks, Drumpf

Koss ur 20s are better in everyway
I would totally pay 10 bucks more for some nicer cushion material though
I love my zs6, what the fuck are you on about.

The best cans ive heard for price/performance ratio are sennheiser 280 pros.

They are like 75 dollar headphones that kill 95% of everything upto 200 and 300 dollar headphones, and are so much better than 30 and 40 dollar headphones that they justify being twice the price.

What i want to know is what are the best

I've had a proper model from Amazon years ago.

>eclipsing the t2 with that gaudy housing design

I haven’t heard either yet but those look really uncomfortable compared to the t2’s

very much

Attached: 20181119_095901.jpg (3264x1836, 1.17M)

Same shitty design since 1980.

Shitty in ears can easily get you deaf, though. (that's how I almost lost my hearing with left ear)

Yeah KSC-75 are somewhat less bass-y.

PortaPro, SportaPro, and KSC-35 all use the same drivers though.

PortaPros would be fucking incredible if not for the fact that they're too goddamn small to the point where even if you have a small head they're far too tight at the max adjustment, and the cords are so short and absolutely terrible quality that you'll be mailing them in every 5 months for a replacement.

I just wish someone would make a decent quality on-ear pair of headphones. All other kinds are uncomfortable as fuck.

going by the tons of amazon reviews, if you don't like buds/iems and are ok with the design and on ear etc... then i guess so.

I miss earbuds. They were always comfy to use while lying in bed on your side. Nowadays earbuds are larger than they were so something always sticks out of your ear which is not comfy to use while lying on your side.

Well, I believe you, but could be yours missed some finishing step 'cause on the pair I had the headband edges were definitely smoothed over. Still didn't keep hair from getting caught, and frankly the spikes on the drivers for holding the ear pads are a bigger hazard than the headband edge.

I've got one of these. Very unconfortable but sound quality is great.

they are good and must have whit terrorist watch and chinkpad for maximum autism

Attached: Big_three.jpg (1080x1920, 42K)

pls explain

I relate to this a lot. I can't lay on my back, but often watch/listen to something in bed.

>display quality
always makes me laugh, fucking memepads