/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 479027 animal_ears garter girls_frontline headphones leotard nekomimi ru_zhai tail tmp_(gir (3200x4800, 3.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20181118174958&SearchText=Takstar Pro 82
audiocheck.net/testtones_sinesweep20-20k.php
youtu.be/dU80Fagdy28
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Good OP.

Attached: 1516184837969.png (1280x720, 3.89M)

Second for Idol and Hd600/650/6XX

third for atom-chan

what were you doing the day of the headphone amp apocalypse (nov 15, 2018)?

Attached: atom_angle_1200.jpg (1000x400, 28K)

Excellent OP, seriously. Complete with /hpg/ banner.

Attached: 1515404305041.png (1920x1080, 985K)

Meze 99 Classic (Y/N)?

Attached: Meze-99-Classic.jpg (610x600, 189K)

no.

Ordering one because atom-chan is cute!

No.

どうして?

they are so bad they were used as a low anchor in harman tests lol

it's a scam. the headphone is actually like $100 but they discontinued and rebranded under another name for the current price

getting mine before you, because of what i was doing the day of the headphone amp apocalypse (ordering one before it got put on backorder). will be sure to report back/shitpost/shill when it gets here

They need a more expensive, metallic, engraved version. I'd get that with umi engraving.

Attached: 1535924795895.png (1920x1080, 978K)

I'm an early bird too user. Can't wait for them to ship on Wednesday.

Attached: 1538530564880.png (210x188, 20K)

Hey/hpg/ I'm looking to replace some speakers for a motorcycle intercom. It's not loud enough at highway speed, so I wanted to increase the volume. Asking Google only tells me to turn up the sound in Windows.

I figure I should get some cheap headphones with high sensitivity, like 125dB and solder them on in place of the old ones. The impedance shouldn't be a problem if it's 8 or 32 ohms. Quality won't matter too much. I hope someone can tell me if my thinking is on the right track, maybe give some suggestions, assuming it can be done loud and cheap. The intercom is called a BT-S2 if that matters. Hope someone here knows technical stuff.

What's a headphone set with decent noise isolation , compact size and reasonable price?
The closed headphones I see are oversized stuff.

As for amps, it wouldn't be as easy as plugging in due to a proprietary connector. Would require soldering and then keeping it in the helmet. Not to mention the issue with a power source.

i dig the plastic case, as it will help to further antagonize naysayers, schiitheads, and sbaf members

nice

But it won't be shiny, or feel nice and metallic on touch. It'll be fucking plastic :/

aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20181118174958&SearchText=Takstar Pro 82
the earcups can be folded flat

neat. I'm skimming through reviews, but do you know about how well it damps ambient noise?

Have any of you listened to the Fostex T-60RP? I own the T-50RP, which I like well enough, and I'm wondering if the T-60 is a worthwhile upgrade. I'm surprised that I even like them, because I came from the AKG Q701, which I also really enjoy.

It's closed-back, so it should be at least somewhat isolating.

Why not use some earphones with a decent isolation factor? Balanced armatures usually are much more efficient than dynamic drivers, so they are usually more sensitive.

So are sennheisers

Which is all good if at least the dac and amp are metallic.
Good night, user.

Attached: 1527301949167.png (1071x1500, 2.01M)

*snap*

>nobass

Attached: 1520701298525.png (1722x1107, 229K)

I just got some Beyerdynamic DT990 headphones (250Ω). How do I choose an amp/dac to complement them for desktop games/music/movies, without being under/overpowered? Do I want something like this FiiO E10K? Schiit Fulla?

Attached: 41Taa5DTsKL.jpg (500x242, 20K)

Get JDS Atom

dx3 pro

Topping DX3 Pro.

dx3 pro

SMSL Sanskrit + SMSL sAp VI

Headphone-wise I'm rotating between MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Closed and Fostex TR-X00 Mahogany right now.

>>nobass

Attached: nobassgarbage.png (823x614, 137K)

why not using onboard audio?

lol just look at these degenerates
and they think they are smarter than redditors with schiit

Attached: _103897772_npc_meme_1[1].jpg (660x371, 25K)

Magni 3

The T60 has the same driver, it doesn't seem worth it. It's probably just a T50 with new earpads and some foam or fiberglass damping behind the driver, at least that's what they used on their vintage stuff before they went full on cost cutting.

I have much better ones coming

Attached: 5eaadfa473328b2b0c6ce2226a1ce1bc.jpg (433x393, 130K)

>Budget
100$
>Location
United States
>Source
phone and computer
>Open or closed
closed

Test onboard audio before buying over $200 of possibly useless equipment.

best amp for LCD2?

just buy a JDS atom

>bought an O2 like two weeks ago
>JDS drops the atom bomb
Oh well, I like the O2 aesthetic anyway.

What's the difference between JDS atom vs Topping DX3 Pro

keep the o2 until the license-compliant parts dry up and it gets discontinued, then sell it at a premium to some audiofool that prefers its "classic" sound

That's not a bad idea desu. Hopefully he likes my no step snek engraving

atom is just an amp, dx3 pro is a dac/amp combo

The o2 is probably going to be fine for a long time. I would have bought one before getting the atom but having to pay extra for features that should have been mandatory (power cabling thru the back, quarter inch jack, etc) made it too expensive for me.

don't forget bluetooth and a remote

>prefers its "classic" sound
this is a thing?

fuck no ;-)

Yeah but the atom amp vs DX3 Pro's amp? Is there a big difference/any differences?

atom has tons more power & measures better, less distortion at high gain. dx3 pro will still power 99% of users headphones to a stupid high volume, be audibly transparent, and have extra features people might want in a single unit

whats another headset like the xty micro that I can buy on amazon or newegg

Attached: 1316372662626.png (1280x1024, 309K)

The past 4 months, i have really been buying expensive headphones, ranging from $800 - $1800. What i want to post about is hearing loss, and looking after your ears.

I've currently had my DT1990 for about 3 weeks now, they are so fun i have been cranking up the volumes very loud, they have such incredible bass, but listening at so loud and bass going "THUMP" is doing numbers to my eardrums, to where the sound feels a little muffled, and my ears hurt, so i most likely might have slightly damaged my eardrums (i don't have tinnitus) or perhaps it's a cold / ear infection I'm going through.

Either way, look after your hearing my friends. I am 24 and going to start looking after it now, volume i listen to is very low now to help my ears repair. By the way, how loud does everyone else listen to music?

Attached: glueear.gif (335x236, 14K)

I went to a dubstep festival without earplugs once. Once they stopped playing I was deaf for like two hours.

I like to think I listen at pretty safe volumes at home though.

If this is any help to compare I listen at 20% in winblows. You?

I use an amp, so windows is 100%, but my amp dial is on about 7oclock, before hand, it was on around 10-11 oclock.. so drastic difference.

Ol dac and atom amp combo for dt 880s? Fuck.this shiit stack dac died on me

Lehmann audio black cube linear

Attached: lehmann.jpg (300x260, 8K)

>Fuck.this shiit stack dac died on me
kek

>Fuck.this shiit stack dac died on me

another victim

Attached: 340.jpg (477x539, 158K)

The shiit modi won't even register in windows anymore. It was gen 1 but come on it's not that old fuck this thing

Dude your ears are rip.

They will be fine in a week or two, i have multiple family members who deployed to places like Afghanistan and Iraq. Where they constantly heard rockets, tanks, and rounds of 5.56 go off. Eardrum can repair it's self, depending on the damage. If it was too bad to where it cant repair it's self, and do it's thing. My ears would be bleeding and i would definitely have tinnitus.

This might be a warning to fix my habits.

Attached: 4WqfKgf.jpg (4128x2322, 635K)

*bites you ear* fix your bad audiophile habits user!

whoever the fuck keeps writing NO VELOUR NO COMFY needs to try something with decent leather pads

velour makes me itch

no role playing allowed, this is a christian server

umm sweetie christians can role play too

Atheism + anime girls + headphones = true patriotic taste.

Should I buy used?

Attached: fedorashrek.jpg (353x334, 18K)

I will, I'll adhere to mother natures warning.

>Atheism
are you a communist?

Attached: yande.re 298925 sample headphones idol_labo uniform wacchi.jpg (1149x1500, 290K)

Attached: m'lady.png (549x443, 286K)

It's a nice deal. Can be a little worn in.

Eardrums grow back. That's only part of a lever to transfer force through the middle ear bones and muscles.
The part that does the hearing, the cochlear hairs, does not regenerate.

I thought planars were supposed to be heavy. These feel like normal headphones

tell us how they feel after 10 hours

>cochlear hairs

That will happen, sure. But your cochlear hairs being flat will come with tinnitus. Don't have tinnitus, you should be good to go.

I don't wear headphones for 10 hours. But I have worn these for 4 hours before.

Why do people keep making new /hpg/ threads before the bump limit lately? I was making /hpg/ threads for weeks straight at a time before, but I almost never get the chance anymore because I always wait for the bump limit. I'm not complaining, though. Just venting a bit, I suppose.

Attached: 5-toubun_no_hanayome headphones pantsu pantyhose sweater yykuaixian.jpg (1414x2000, 875K)

>hiding headphone feet
Rip.

Try running a sine sweep sometime, I blasted grados and beyers for years and my hearing above 5k is fucked.

But now I don't have to spend $$$ on stax and my headphones sound tastefully rolled off, looks like beyerbros win again.

anyone have ear pressure? past week i feel like there's pressure in both my ears.

What do you user to check?

I tried this website, i clicked Logarithmic and seem to hear it all;
audiocheck.net/testtones_sinesweep20-20k.php

I then tried; youtu.be/dU80Fagdy28

I cant hear 20 Hz, 30Hz, 20.0k hz and hear everything else.

sinegen, shouldn't make much of a difference though.

ALL OF THESE BIG TIDDY THICK THIGH ANIME GIRLS ARE MAKING ME CUM
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

HE-400i worth it if i currently own the HE-400 that I only want to replace because they are falling apart? Will these ones fall apart too?

Seem to be pretty cheap for black friday on their site (Regular Price: $449.00 Special Price: $179.00)

Attached: he400i-1_1.jpg (800x800, 117K)

Which planars

>know s hifiman quality is garbage
>his current pair is fucking breaking apart
>hmm why not buy a new one?

Glad to help, user.

can someone explain to me the thought process of someone buying headphones without a removable cable?

another success

Attached: __tomoe_gozen_fate_grand_order_and_etc_drawn_by_kotentsu__0efba2b86159bd2ebd46112e4da3c8e1.jpg (790x1000, 221K)

DAC dying is a feature. Degrades the signal less when it's never converted in the first place.

this one has a little bar instead of just attaching the headphones onto the band by screws and glue so i was hoping it wasnt full chink shit.
Wishful thinking i guess

what's the cheapest open ear that's not shit?
>t. europoor
also why are dt990 shipped from the US, aren't they made in germany? acc to amaxon.de