Just rescued a 2011 Macbook Pro from the trash at work. Literally. Someone threw this computer away...

Just rescued a 2011 Macbook Pro from the trash at work. Literally. Someone threw this computer away. I put in a SSD and it's working great. Cleaned everything with iso, blew out the insides, wiped off the keyboard.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)
2.7 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
128gb SSD

How should I use this? The case is pretty scratched up but other than that it looks fine. Just use it as a torrent box and browser when i'm on the couch? Should I rice it out with stickers? I haven't had a laptop in a few years. Desktop PC and cell phone only since roughly 2012. Anyone else have an old mac they use?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

put it back in the trash

Put it where it belongs.

Attached: 1531712358181.jpg (450x594, 30K)

fuk you! you think you can find nice things in the trash, wtf!

install gentoo

I still have a late 2010 13 inch that's doing just fine. I've swapped out the drive as well.
Using it as the media/tv machine/travel photo-gig setup/party serato setup.

The unibody series is solid. I'm sure you'll find a use for it even if it's just to loan house guests.

Other than what you mentioned, the only good uses I can think of would be emulators and general media consumption.

I have a 2010 13 inch too. After tossing in an SSD and some more RAM, it's my daily driver.

I have a 15" I might throw away soon. One of the ones with a faulty either logic board or nvidia GPU.

Haven't used it in years, just sitting in my closet broken.

I had a 13" 2012. 2.9 GHz i7. Upgraded the ram to 16, put in a 1TB SSD, and replaced the optical drive with a 2TB HDD. Damn good machine.
Only upgraded last year because I wanted better screen res. Still use it on occasion for its SD card slot.

/thread

Mean. An 13" i7 unibody is nice. Its not like the kid went out and had his parents buy a facebook book pro. Using discarded computers is kino

keep it off your balls

>macintrash
>in the trash
Right where it belongs.

weird flex but ok

>The unibody series is solid
>the series of laptops where it's 2 pieces of plastic glued together that can fail because the laptop's only fan is pointed directly at the glue
I'd rather have thinkpads than those pajeet tier laptops
If you want to waste $2k, at least get a librem/system76 laptop

There's a good reason people throw away macshit.

Attached: 1524977381407.png (650x4110, 2.85M)

>rescued laptop from trash

Don't @ me you illiterate faggot

I don't really like macs and I threw one in the trash myself (first generation white plastic macbook, was too bad to try to fix) but I like the idea of re-using old computers and not just throw them away. I hope you find some use for yours. Laptops are pretty comfy while on the go.

/thread

Attached: CwF9nO4.gif (400x225, 974K)

Attached: 1534309245473.gif (350x261, 966K)

fpbp

Attached: Aww yeah.gif (325x235, 1.59M)

Give it back Jamal.
Listen to the tripfag.

Based rapist.

Put me in the screencap.

gay

Install OpenBSD or sell it.

I use a 2010 MacBook Pro. Works fine for basic tasks (Web browsing, file management, music) but horrible with many other things (games). If you're not a fan of OSX you can install a Linux distro or Windows, but I don't think it's as bad as some people say it is.

eat it and dispose of it in the toilet

Attached: mothersday gift.jpg (500x1036, 72K)

This.

You don't even posted a picture of it, also this

Throw Arch on it and watch that thing fucking fly. Using Majaro + i3 on a 2010 MBP and it's fucking mint

Turn on wifi and shitpost/browse/make memes/call people poorfags/etc.
>MacBook Pro
Ohh a pro! This means you're a graphic artist/filmographer/musical composer/web developer/software engineer/nasa person who sits at tables during missions/fashion designer/financially irresponsible college student/carrier of cooties/app developer/pastry chef now.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1538909710770.gif (540x540, 279K)

If Macs weren't overpriced by 2-4X Jow Forums would love them for the aesthetics of the hardware. A free laptop is even better if it looks good.

Dude give me my laptop back

Attached: 1542000012809.webm (1920x1080, 2.82M)

>aesthetics of the hardware
They're not aesthetic at all, maybe ten years ago but definitely not now. They look dated and generic $400 laptopish.

True, because everybody copied their good, minimalist aesthetics.

it's a based laptop with a timeless design

it's a little fat now, but still a capable browser that will keep your nuts warm on cold winter days

Talking to you from exact same model too. I havent bought another mac product purely because this model has lasted soooooo long (after installing Ubuntu on it).

The only annoyance is replacing the battery: Apple seems to design deliberately fragile internal connector cables that break off easily during removal of the battery and replacing it.

Other than that, its a tank. I wouldnt touch any modern apple shit for nuts.

(next machine probably a threadripper)

Reformat it with Linux and its good. Only fuker is the UEFI boot crap when installing non-macos, but once thats overcome, its good.

give it back jamal

Show proof user

Congrats it one of the last macs with a replaceable battery (the last one being MBP mid 2012), so it's essentially timeless.

Using a 2009 plastic macbook for macos builds I noticed that with stock thermal profile the fans turn on when the CPU hits 80/90 degrees C. Using a custom fan control program (Macs fan control) helped with the temperature.