Updates disabled

>updates disabled
>common sense installed
>haven't had any virus or malware for years now
>everything just werks
Why would anyone need to change their OS again?

Attached: Windows-7-900x0.png (400x297, 89K)

this piece of shit always has tons of problems. Printers fucked up, randomly drops from AD, loicense for RDP is fucked aswell. 8.1 is MUCH better, faster and stable in any way.

I use OpenBSD but I don't give a fuck what anyone says - Windows 7 is one of the greatest operating systems of all time.

8.1 is dog shit

>updates disabled
Enjoy using an outdated operating system very vulnerable to malware.

as long as the browser is updated and the machine is behind a router the risk is low

OP is probably already being monitored by spyware as is.

name a single thing wrong with 8.1 other than the start menu that you only see like once a month if at all and which can be disabled/replaced easily.
it's faster than 7, it's more stable, it has better hardware support, a better taskmanager, it can mount at least some disc images out of the box, telemetry is the same as on 7 (don't install the telemetry updates, just like on 7), it has hyper-v and it doesn't have forced updates like 10. it does everything 7 does, just better and more. unless you are running legacy software that for some odd reason only works in 7 or lower, there is absolutely no reason to not use 8.1 over it.

They changed the location of a bunch of menus and settings when nobody asked them to. They could have kept the same Windows 7 UI that everyone loved and just improved the back end of the OS and everything would have been fine.

I bet you liked Vista too didn’t you.

vista was absolutely horrible for at least the first 6 months because of driver issues out of the ass. 8/8.1 had none of these issues and it only got a bad reputation because normalfags didn't like metro, from a technical standpoint it is superior to 7 in every single aspect.

> fresh unpatched install of Win server 2008 R2
>had to step away for a few hours
>come back and it's already mining fucking monero
Yeah op, patches bad

Because winblow$ is cancer.
Install Linux.

Shut up freetard.

You're probably right, but I still don't feel like using an OS with no updates is a good idea. And win7 is slowly going to get less support in favor of win10 in the future anyway. Windows 10 is garbage, but the LTSB edition is usable.

Same here. I have no idea why anybody would downgrade to 8, 8.1, 10 or worse Linux.

>updates disabled
>common sense installed
>haven't had any virus or malware
>everything just werks
sounds like LTSB

>I feel about technology
>I believe in consumer propaganda advertising updates and upgrades
Technology has nothing to do with "feels" or "beliefs" you dumbfuck. You are unqualified to have an opinion on technology. Shut your dumb fucking mouth and don't post again about technology until you can think and post using rational thought and logic.

But they didn't keep it, but that doesn't matter because you should be using classic start anyways

>it just werks
Translation: im so retarded I literally cant maintain a modern winblows installation

>common sense installed
if that were true you wouldn't be running Windows

>microsoft flat out lies that new processors wont work on W7
reason enough to ignore W10

based sebenbro

Attached: inb4spic.png (1600x900, 1.46M)

3rd world nigger detected

t.pol

check the filename, goblino.
4channel means the end of you and I'm smiling

spics will leave when the Jow Forums apps stop working lmao

Name a single thing wrong with Ubuntu + Wine + Steam Play

Why would you use crutches (loonix emulators) if you have two perfectly working legs (windows 7)

I'm using 8.1, it's fine and I liked vista but not Ubuntu.
Ubuntu.

you jelly?

Attached: windows 7.png (1501x531, 87K)

i dont care if you are a 'spic' but dark themers are the worst themers

> using meme-arrows as-if this were pointpoint

for some reason. every game i play is about 20fps lower than windows 10. no matter what i do i cant seem to fix it.

based and redpilled

Just let the 7 retards wallow in their dying OS all they want

Accept your eternal Goddess, Jow Forums

Attached: 1528661660331.jpg (858x1200, 775K)

i have. currently on ltsc

>had a problem
>decided to try and update
2 years of updates later and my BIOS is complaining about shit being tampered with so I have to go and delete some keys and turn off safeboot or whatever it's called. Tried rolling back the update but it was still broken so now it's off permanently. Should be fine considering I'm not stupid.

Get a load of this nigger

Attached: 1487181972370.jpg (542x540, 17K)

theres about 2 settings in the new settings ui (i forget what they call it) on 8.1 that isnt in control panel, 1) something to do with apps 2) change start menu colour, so you only need to access it once
also use 8.1 embedded industry

Sounds like a long shot, but do you think we'll get a workaround for using Windows 7 on Zen 2 CPUs?

If thinking and deciding was so easy as evaluating logical statements, general AI would've been solved in the 50s. Just give all of us a break and go back to plebbit with your edgy rationality memes.

As someone who avoided windows 10 like the plague but is now at the point of updating hardware which doesn't support 7 by default, what is the LTSB version?

+1 for the embedded version, it comes w/o normal crapware preinstalled

ltsc

I don't think many people would disagree with you. I know of experts in Unix who rate it highly.

>You're probably right, but I still don't feel like using an OS with no updates is a good idea.
You have a feel? I doubt irrational matters like this count.
I am yet to see a solid prove that Windows 7 with up to data browser, antivirus and firewall but w/o Windows Update is a fuckup. Only general whining about muh vulns like .
At the same time I know lots of people who have up to date Win10 and manage to have malware every now and then so it is not a guarantee of security.

>up to date
fuck

I am on Zen+ right now with the b350 mobo. If like AMD says AM4 will be around until zen4 or something there's nothing stopping you from Running it with Win7. And I dunno for B450 but the DVD shipped with my mobo has Win7 support and no problem installing.
In fact until something like new USB or whatever kicks in it'll be possible to run Win7 on any modern CPU based setup

I guess I better pay attention when choosing a motherboard next year then.

well you can get owned with certain vulnerabilities like those in gdi+ where viewing a malformed image is all thats needed, and .lnk exploits exist

>spics
what a weird way to say normalfags

>haven't had any virus or malware for years now
...that you know of.

>Printers fucked up
?
>AD
>RDP
>At home
Irrelevant

Is it even worth using 8.1 now? Whenever I check a softwares compatibility it'll specify 7 and 10 but never 8.1. It seems like it's faded into obscurity.

So Embedded Industry is even more lightweight? 8.1 seems pretty good desu

Attached: 8.1 Pro.png (1024x768, 279K)

Because I like playing DX12 games like the new Forza Horizon

Fuck outta here with that boomer shit

How does it feel, having your goddess molested by pajeets every single update?

Isn't that pretty much the only noteworthy Windows 10 exclusive? I wonder why Microsoft hasn't bribed game companies to make more of them

doesn't work on my ryzen.
it crashes everytime i put a load on the cpu.
i gave up and installed 10 and it works.

>Muh Eight-Core Processor

Huh?