Have they given up trying to one up nvidia? this is embarrassing

Have they given up trying to one up nvidia? this is embarrassing.

Attached: amd-radeon-rx-590_1.jpg (940x544, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-56-pulse-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-11276-02-40g-gx-38f-sp.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you saying it's a bad GPU for its price or are you complaining that it should be a 2080Ti killer with a different price?

This is just a refresh for a decent price, the competitors to Nvidias midrange cards are gonna arrive in 2019. I don't expect them to compete at high end.

It should have been called RX 585.

Technically new silicon, 12nm, but same architecture.

Much to my dismay, Vega was basically a flop. AMD is hoping Vega will open the way for better GPUs down the road with better iterations of HMB and more number crunching power. Unfortunately Vega runs hot and sucks a lot of electricity and availability was trash and prices were way too high for too long.
Nvidia knows all of this and that's why they went ham on the pricing. The 1070 had a launch MSRP of 379 burger bucks. The 2070 MSRP at launch is 499 burger bucks. They're (ostensibly) the same card, relative to the generation, yet this time the card is way more expensive. This is true across the board for the new cards. They're probably preempting lost sales to whatever AMD makes. For those prices, I would buy AMD just to spite Nvidia's bullshit.

It's literally a rebrand of a rebrand

With their very limited resources they were fighting battles they could win. Nvidia was too far ahead.

Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts on Fury and what AMD's expectations with it were at the time? Vega was them moving to HBM but was Fury just them trying to push the limits of what they had with GCN?

The 2070 has 1080+ levels of performance retard

So? Nvidia have released four different versions of the 1060 (3GB, 5GB, 6GB and 6GB GDDR5X). Welcome to the new normal.

The Fury cards use HBM though.

How is it bad though?

You want to know what’s embarrassing?

I’ve been buying nvidia cards since the Riva TNT days, out of all then vid is cards I’ve had only 2 of them have not died or still work properly. I will never buy an Nvidia card ever again, the 2080gtx drama reinforces my beliefs

Attached: 19910F90-7208-4542-9716-AEF844A96906.jpg (3632x1482, 474K)

>rebrand of a rebrand
14nm, 14nm+, 12nm
>>>>>rebrand

It's effectively a heavily overclocked golden sample RX 580, so it does in fact warrant a new product, but it's not a *90 series card.

It's too late. Should have release sooner than this.

You expect oldass dinosaur cards to keep working? kys

The RTX failures seem to be nothing out of the ordinary, just people shitting on them because
>ME NO LIKE NEW EXPENSIVE
>ME SHITPOST AND SHARE BAD CARD
>LOOK AT CARD FAIL, SEE IT BAD
RMA rates are normal, card is good. Prices are not tho.

>AMD still trying to compete with the 1000-series
What a joke of a company.

Attached: 4563548343253.png (653x726, 34K)

AMD is making more money than ever in the datacenter market with Radeon Instinct.
The RX 580 and 570 are also selling like hotcakes.
The only thing bad with their current situation is their reputation, and people not having a good 4K capable Freesync card.

They gone all-in developing Zen architecture all this years. Now they gonna catch a breath and get us some new GPUs.

Attached: 9.png (430x512, 304K)

wait for navi

>he makes these threads for free

I just got a 580 on ebay for $100
mad?

if i have a 590, i would undervolt.
my rx570 with 83% asic undervolts to 1.02v 1400Mhz.
stock is 1270MHz 1.15v.
lol.

i think amd did this because they're also selling 52% asic quality, my shitfire rx 560.
it only managed 1400MHz at 1.11v.

I'm still gonna buy one

No reason to grab this when you can grab a 580 for much cheaper

The problem is the performance it delivers is simply outdated. Buying anything less than a 1070ti at this point is fucking retarded. Shit like the 1060 and 590 will be obsolete in less than 2 years.

They don't even have a 1440p 144hz capable card

12nm is literally a new stepping of 14nm with a fancy name to trick the goys
Its the same overall process but more refined

Why did Ati sell out to amd? No fucking surprises Radeon went to shit in amd's hands

Just Wait™

The gigh end marked is small
A 970ti is good enough for witcher3 on 1440p with an overclocked 2500k being the bottleneck
And you claim an 1070 is outdated soon

Why do people on Jow Forums care about what people do with their money.

they need to release a good card so i can make use of freesync

Remember the news of rx 480 at 200$
A VR ready gpu at only 200$ in july of 2017

Now, 2+ years later we get rx 590 at 300$, whoop whoop. Saves you the effort of OCing, what value.

The competitor is so bad you don't need to make something new....sounds familliar isn't it ? Famalam ?.

Fuck back to Jow Forums.

Just wait for navi

they should have made a revised vega instead of this crap.

user pls that takes more power than 4k freesync

>datacenter market with Radeon Instinct.
This is BUUUULSHIT

>Nvidia have released four different versions of the 1060 (3GB, 5GB, 6GB and 6GB GDDR5X).
lol

Attached: 1060s.png (2002x889, 150K)

>have they given up trying to one-up nvidia
>release a card that's easily the best midrange card outclassing both 1060 models and their previous 580, just in time for the holidays
yea..i'm thinking they're in...
radeon RX580ti

Including mobile chips is unfair. I agree with him + the 9gig version

Neither does nvidia though.

This

Okay so there's 10 instead of 12 then. It's a lot more than 4 though. They're literally using different GPUs in multiple of them.

Maxq is also mobile.

Then the mobile 1060 is just as retarded as the desktop 1060 situation.

Many of those are simply chip revisions, not product revisions. It makes no difference to the product whether it's a GP106 or GP104 underneath, since they're specced and perform identically. The only ones with actual real spec and performance differences are the four mentioned, plus the one with slightly faster GDDR5.

Is this you nvidia? You're going through a lot of effort to sell your downgraded 1060s.

>Shit like the 1060 and 590 will be obsolete in less than 2 years.
I wasn't aware the 1080p60fps option would be retroactively removed from all my games and monitors forgive me brave merchant as I endeavor to buy a water cooled RTX 2080 Ti

Considering they already struggle to get a 60FPS average in 1080p on high settings, it can only get worse in the future as developers don't give a shit about optimization

>decent price
It should at least have price parity with the remaining 480s and 580s in stock around $50 cheaper. I can get a used 480 for under $100 USD.

It really gets old seeing people talk about Vega without understanding what RTG's actual issues with high-end GPUs have been for the last few years.

The fundamental problem is that GCN is limited to processing four triangles per clock in its front end, and this limitation causes high CU count GCN based cards to front-end bottleneck very badly in gaming applications.

Raja claimed he could sidestep this problem with GCN in software through 'Primitive Shaders', but Raja literally made no effort whatsoever to have this software solution actually implemented at all before hardlaunch, and AMD realized that trying to develop the software with Vega already out was stupid since it would take so long that Vega would be outdated by the time it was ready.

The *only* thing RTG has to fix to instantly become competitive with Nvidia again at the high-end is to change GCN so it can handle a *lot* more than 4 triangles per clock. With that bottleneck removed, high CU count GCN cards will finally be able to actually saturate the rest of their rendering pipelines, and would instantly gain ~20%+ performance relative to where they are today.

How do you even have such a ridiculous issue? Why are they still on gcn anyway. Also i thouggt primitive shaders were possible, its just up to the developers tonimplement it, not an actual hardware restrictions

>How do you even have such a ridiculous issue?
Because Raja promised he could fix it with magic software instead of actually redesigning GCN's front end, and then proceeded to stroke his dick until the Vega hardlaunch.

>Also i thouggt primitive shaders were possible, its just up to the developers tonimplement it, not an actual hardware restrictions
There was supposed to be a default automatic primitive shaders implementation that would allow it to work to some level in all games. It turns out that the dev work on said implementation never even started before hardlaunch, and Raja was basically making the whole thing up.

As a result, Vega has the exact same problems Fury did. The good news is that, with Raja gone, hopefully RTG will finally grab the bull by the horns and fix GCN's front end.

The 1070 has 980 Ti performance. What's your point?

>Look at RTX 2070 benchmarks
>Going from my GTX 970 to the 2070 would double the framerate
tfw

Attached: HappyMan.jpg (798x631, 112K)

A: Yes. Why do you think Rajeet split off to Intel? RTG-Custom silicon is doing the next Xbox and the PS5 chips for the $$$, most other engineers have been put to work in Zen. When the consoles are done and EPYC starts bringing in the big dough, only then will RTG get some more money.

>they already struggle to get a 60FPS average in 1080p on high settings
On what exactly? I'm playing Hitman 2, which released a week ago and looks fantastic on a fucking 280x and even if it drops from 60 when there is a lot of stuff going on in more quiet places it stays at 60, and its a 280x

correction: Only the 1060 will be obsolete in less than 2 years. As always with nvidia.

>it stays at 60, and its a 280x
With the power draw of an RTX 2080...

You could buy a Vega 56 for £299 + 3 free games a couple of days ago. Considering the RX590 is £260 that was an absolute steal. It's still good value at £339 too.

overclockers.co.uk/sapphire-radeon-rx-vega-56-pulse-8gb-hbm2-pci-express-graphics-card-11276-02-40g-gx-38f-sp.html

Then halve it again when you enable ray tracing.

>Its the same overall process but more refined
So like every previous GPU the past 10 years then

>new cards cost more than old cards
Wow, that's interesting. If you are in the market for used cards why not just buy it? Clearly this product is not for you, it's for people who don't want to get used. It's value proposition with a game bundle is also pretty good, especially for gamers looking to get a card that had never been in a mining rig.

Nobody gives a shit about RT

They didn't, but they can't at the moment because vega failed.
Now they have to just design a new one and then someday release it.

The RX 590 is a stopgap for the holiday season and OEMs. It outclasses the GTX 1060 6gb at the same cost.
Real new cards will come out with Navi.

The RX 590 is the last bullet before Nvidia releases a 2060 that will make the entire RX lineup (besides Vega) utterly obsolete.
After that, Nvidia can enjoy the money coming in for a year before AMD releases Navi

A GTX270 from 2008, other than having less shaders, plays SC2 at higher FPS (same settings) than a GTX560. Most GPU and CPU stuff has been rebrands with minor improvements over the last decade.

Your card proves that NVIDIA scammed people for a decade, I was aware of this too because I used to have one.

This board is just filled with the most inane comments.

This card is competitive in pricing with the 1060 6GB, and it blows it out of the water.

This is just to satisfy their bottom line while they work on releasing their new line up.

I think it does a good job at satiating their clients as well that were itching for a new card, but didn't want to pull the trigger until a new release from AMD.