Text editor for windows

got me a new job and now I have a windows workstation because of ArcGIS…
But besides clicking about in the gis suite, I also occasionally encounter various textfiles (.tex, .xml, .py and so on), so I need a text editor.
What's the Jow Forums approved text editor for windows?
I'm used to Kate, but I guess IT won't be too happy if I ask them to install the whole, experimental KDE for windows suit.
Notepad++ used to be the standard, it seems, but I never really grew fond of it, plus, it's kinda bloated and convoluted.
And I'd rather not get me the hip, new electron meme.
so what else is there?

Attached: textedit-icon-100053678-orig.jpg (588x532, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html
portableapps.com/apps/development/gvim_portable
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Vim

I always postponed learning it (and/or emacs, for that matter), but I can't be
>that weird guy
already in my first weeks after starting.

What offers does Mircosoft have for text editors, besides notepad?
Of course we are also a MS office shop, but word isn't really suited to the task.

Attached: of_course_dotdotdot.png (1449x650, 207K)

Sublime?

Metapad
Akelpad

Just use Notepad++. Don't get a reputation of being the guy who always asks IT for your special snowflake software.

sublime text and notepad++ are my favorites. for .tex i use texmaker

vs code

You can try PSPad.

>Don't get a reputation of being the guy who always asks IT for your special snowflake software.
But it has some weird animal as a logo and looks like something straight out of windows95. Personally, I don't care, but that already seems snowflakeish to me. So I just want someting modern and unconspicuous.
>vs code
looks neat, but isn't that also electron?

I'm going to get mocked but honestly vs code and atom are fine if you have an office workstation with a ton of ram anyway

Anything non-mainstream is going to be a pain in someone's ass.

But if you insist... Geany is what you want.

I use notepad2

geany works well on windows

>with a ton of ram anyway
I don't. And with esri anything, such a thing does not exist in the first place.
>Anything non-mainstream is going to be a pain in someone's ass.
Thing is, we apparently do not have any mainstream editor that everyone uses, and I don't have a preference for windows stuff, I'm used to linux.
>But if you insist... Geany is what you want.
Uh, that weird, gnome-ish piece of shit with a lamp as an icon that finally trigered me to download all KDE dependencies to be able to get a sane editor? No thanks.

Wow, how much more retarded can you be?

SciTE

>SciTE

>SciTE shares some features with other editors based on the Scintilla editing component such as Geany and Notepad++.
Hm, maybe that's why I don't really like Notepad++ and hate Geany. Probably don't like Scintilla, then. But I can't even point my finger at what exactly irks me, it's just kinda "off".
>This is your brain on KDE…

Attached: Jelly.jpg (633x635, 172K)

>Notepad++ ... it's kinda bloated and convoluted.
Confirmed retard.

>bloat only refers to the executable size

Attached: typical-burger.jpg (400x473, 37K)

Notepad2
flos-freeware.ch/notepad2.html

portableapps.com/apps/development/gvim_portable

No need to ask IT.

VS code

/thread

But seriously, it's the best text editor out there.

This but unironically

I used notepad++
just change the icon if you or your coworkers are too autistic
also use the HotFudgeSundae theme under style configurator, or ZenBurn, or Choco.

>, it's just kinda "off".
For fucks sake you FUCKING faggot just install MacOS at your job and start sucking your bosses dick holy shit

>fucking electron app

op is a snowflakey faggot

I'd love to do so, but there's just two problems with that:
>ArcGIS doesn't run on OSX.
>I'm more a getting your dick sucked kind of guy, and the sucker ought to be female (female).
Aren't we all? But I guess you just use windows with everyting in default and ios, because everything else is snowflake.

Notepad++ is the only one that is worth using.

>plus, it's kinda bloated and convoluted.
dat low memory and CPU usage say different
I mean, the "macro" and "run" menus and the spellchecker are hot garbage, but can be easily ignored

textadept

this

Notepad++'s dev is a sack of shit for pulling that stunt of including an auto-typed political message in an update (Charlie Edition). Switched ever since then and I have no plan of going back.

>ArcGIS

Hope you got interop extension to make this turd somewhat usable.

Attached: 1523992627183.jpg (400x400, 17K)

>approved text editor for windows?
sublime text