>For monitors include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo
>For Win7 in Ryzen pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580/590 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>Waste money - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Or 2080Ti, but awful value
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous

Attached: 14-125-225-02.jpg (640x480, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/LDTpMZ
ebay.co.uk/itm/AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X-4-2GHz-Boost-Six-Core-CPU-Socket-AM4-Processor-OEM-Cooler/153267764395?epid=14019125844&hash=item23af787cab:g:CR8AAOSwO-pb8svJ:rk:1:pf:0
pcpartpicker.com/list/r4NYq4
pcpartpicker.com/list/DNgrnH
pcpartpicker.com/list/QdMMr6
ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/qLFmJ8
uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/metix/saved/F774qs
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/zVzXWD
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/6hHqQZ
pcpartpicker.com/list/mHyHsZ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is there a reason to buy ddr4 cause the price of 8gb ddr4 is the price of 16gb ddr3

Attached: 1539849086103.jpg (416x304, 23K)

I don't know what's going on here but it's hilarious

Attached: untitled-3.png (682x798, 38K)

Now I regret not asking in the stupid questions thread

With Black Friday incoming at what price point would this card be good?

Attached: Vega 56 Pulse.jpg (700x445, 34K)

For one thing, it's required. DDR3 and DDR4 have different sockets, and run at way different voltages, timings, and frequencies.
IPC in this test looks to slightly favor Zen+ over Coffee lake, with the Skylake-X chips at the top because of their boost clocks being fairly high, although the 7640X only boosts to 4.2 so who knows

Attached: IMG_20181118_225349.jpg (1086x1594, 105K)

Is it worth it tho

RAM prices are so ridiculous right now

I think for my portable build i will just re-use the single stick from my current build and keep switching it between motherboards as needed to save money

pcpartpicker.com/list/LDTpMZ
don't bother looking at partpicker prices, im buying everything off in local shops, each part is more or less optimized for cost, i already bought the ram (got it for a bargain price off some poor dude who bought it along a x299 board) and case.

i could probably push decent OC on this thing but i'll probably limit myself, im not too expirienced with overclocking.

shit on me and my list dudes

Attached: 1497218911352.jpg (720x678, 43K)

If you have an Intel generation 6+ or any generation Ryzen, you need to use DDR4.
Only Devil's Canyon/FX and older can use DDR3.

Attached: IMG_20181118_225217.jpg (654x1053, 77K)

>H7 cooler
it's a nice cooler but it's not the greatest for overclocking bare that in mind
>Gigabyte ram
look into hyperx/corsair/gskill
>Buying windows
Pirate it and save yourself from being kiked
>curved non ultrawide monitor
don't fall for the meme, get a non curved 144hz monitor

i couldn't care less about the curve on that monitor, it's just that there are no other 144hz 1080p VA monitors in existence that im aware of (at this price range, this thing is pretty cheap over here), VA because im addicted to the black on my phone, whenever i see tft displays on my friends devices it makes me wanna puke

Attached: 1492829039125.jpg (500x500, 18K)

None, buy a 2070.

>tft displays
>doesn't know about IPS panels
kys retard, buy the XB271HU and neck yourself

That sounds like very reasonable advice, thank you friend

At any price point since nvidia shat the bed with RTX

>buying 20 series
2 cents deposited into your account by NVidea

I'm upgrading my brothers pc using parts Ive got laying around from my old build. He's given me his old tower too which the mobo is fried but he'd like me to take the hdd out of that one and install it into his current tower for more space. Would I need to wipe it first or would it still work as a secondary even with the OS on it. I'd like to try and salvage whats on the old hdd if possible.

Trying to wrap my head around this whole NAVI thing that supposedly will hit the market in Q1/Q2 2019. Are those cards gonna be on a new 7nm architecture? If so, what kind of performance can we expect, like, GTX 1080ish for ~300€-350€?
Asking because currently you seem to be stuck with a 2yo architecture from Nvidia, overpriced gaytracing memes that are not worth it at all or options from AMD that just don't cut it for 1440p. Vega 56 seems overpriced where I live (around 400€) and is outperformed by a GTX 1070 Ti in a lot of titles.

That's still going to be stupidly expensive by the time black friday/cyber monday rolls around.

>7nm
Yes

>what kind of performance can we expect, like, GTX 1080ish for ~300€-350€?
I doubt it. From what I've read/watched, it seems AMD will target the low/mid GPU market, so probably around 1070 territory. I think this is what some people expected the 590 to do but it compares more to the 1060 - slightly better but several years late. I don't think NVIDIA will be challenged in the 1080+ market by anyone for the foreseeable future.

Is there a nice, maybe mini ITX (not required though), small case that'd be nice for a NAS? I don't need hot swap, it just must not to be tall, and have at least 6 3.5" HDD bays.

Look at the Array R2 Mini ITX NAS Case and the Node 804.

So what you're saying is their new GPUs will be outperformed by their current Vega lineup?

I'm very confused about what GPU to buy during the black friday (if any).
I've got a 1440p Freesync monitor. Current GPU is a GTX 970.

I'd go AMD for Freesync, but I'm in Europe and Vegas are completely overpriced to the point the Nvidia equivalents are 50 to 100 € cheaper.
GTX 1080 basically have the same price than an RTX 2070 and 1080 Tis are now the same price than a 2080.

1070ti. 2070 if it's not for a lot more

I don't think they will replace the current Vegas. Rumors suggest they will basically be overclocked versions of current Polaris GPUs. I think we can expect improvements in efficiency and slightly more powerful GPUs, but nothing revolutionary.

Mind you, the 7nm architecture will follow 12nm releases and, generally speaking, probably won't be aiming at gamers.

Well, I was under the impression that 7nm Vega won't be aimed at gamers, Navi on the other hand is. Kinda bummed out right now because I really want to upgrade my RX 470 and get a 1440p Freesync monitor but unless Vega 56 goes down to like 300€ (maybe Black Friday will do the trick) I really can't justify buying one over a 1070 Ti. Navi was my only hope and I definitely don't want to wait until late 2019 or even 2020.

AMD seem to be aiming at the new generation of consoles with their upcoming releases (PS5 and XB2). Take what I said (and anything on the internet not form AMD) with a grain of salt because we still don't know much. It does seem, though, that Nvidia will keep their advantages until 2020 because AMD seemingly won't release anything to compete with the higher end GPUs. The 1070 and 1070ti are probably your best options if Vega prices don't drop.

Will G-Sync monitors ever stop costing a small fortune? I see some nice 1070ti sold for cheap now but the price of a new G-Sync monitor is fucking my plans big time.

Attached: learnabout-garages-its-totally-fucking-fucked-mate-big-time-a-4895997.png (500x669, 206K)

Is the AOC Agon 27" 165hz 1440p G-Sync monitor decent compared to the Asus/Acer equivalent? I like the subtle design of it, doesn't look like wanky gaming trash like the others. Plus it's cheaper.

It's the Goysync tax bro, just bend over and let Novidia give you a nice pounding.

Would a ryzen 5 2400G bottleneck an RX580?

I'm assuming you're talking about the IPS displays? All of those monitors no matter the brand have AHVA panels manufactured by AU Optronics, so there shouldn't be too much of a difference between them if any. You're gonna play the display lottery no matter what. I'd say go for a VA monitor because they are a) cheaper and b) have better blacks which, to me atleast, is way more important when it comes to gaming. Although they obviously can't match an IPS panel in terms of color accuracy I'd say they're still decent and leagues ahead of TN panels.

No, but why go for a Ryzen 5 2400G if you're planning on getting a discrete GPU anyways?
Get a Ryzen 5 1400 if you're on a budget but want 4c/8t.

Yeah it's an IPS, I think the Acer has a slightly newer panel, but I'm not entirely sure. The AOC is good value, I can get one for $767 dollarydoos.

Which motherboard for 2600x and 580 with 16gb @ 3000mhz

Who cares, it's a good investment. Buy a 1440p 144hz g-sync monitor now and you will be set for 10 years

b450 board, the tomahawk is the best in terms of vrm performance.

I returned 2 monitors (one from Acer and one from ASUS) until I finally settled on the Viewsonic equivalent. In hindsight, I shoulda just gotten a VA panel and said fuck you to playing AU's panel lottery and saved 200€ while doing so. The QC on those displays is total fucking garbage.

A second hand 1070 NNO3D Twin X2 (220€ with warranty) or a second hand Vega 56 (200€) to replace my old HD 7970.

>Get a Ryzen 5 1400
>2 cores per CCX

Ryzen 5 2400G is better for gayming (4 core per CCX)

1440p @ 75hz or 1080p @ 144hz both freesync form AMD shit

How big of an improvement will going into 7nm be? is it a MAJOR mistake to buy a 9700k?

On Vega 56 should I fuck with the power limit slider at all? Or just reduce volts / increase clocks as much as possible?

Has there ever been any high end blower coolers? I've noticed they're all single fan and that fan is usually pretty small compared to axial fan cards.

Vega 56 > 1070

8 core per CCX, this means that the Ryzen 7 3700 will probably be a 16c/32t.

>r5 1400
>2400g

They need to keep socket compatability, I doubt they will be pushing into threadripper on AM4

Literally everyone in the universe is saying to get b-die but I am honestly having a very hard time finding it. Why can't they make this shit easy? Anybody just know some 16GB b-die off the top of their head?

They managed to keep socket compatibility with a fucking 32c/64t threadripper.

Any 3200mhz with cl14 kit

how far will a gtx 1060 6GB bring me in 1440p if i am not looking to get 60 fps but not max out on settings for most new/future games for a few years?

i think the 1070 is a bit overbudget.

Threadripper has a massive socket to work with, I just don't them making Zen2 more complex that it needs to be.

ebay.co.uk/itm/AMD-Ryzen-5-2600X-4-2GHz-Boost-Six-Core-CPU-Socket-AM4-Processor-OEM-Cooler/153267764395?epid=14019125844&hash=item23af787cab:g:CR8AAOSwO-pb8svJ:rk:1:pf:0

IS THIS LEGIT?!

I like my monitors like i like my women, flat, small, and with a high refresh rate.

What about you guys?

Attached: 1531562474684.png (1280x720, 981K)

Best card, shame AMD botched the drivers.

1060 is already cutting it very close at 1080p, 1070 is, right now, a good 1080p card. In about a year both cards are going to look meh at 1080p so that is something too keep in mind. But 1440p is a whole different ballgame. Neither of them are good for 1440p. If you want a good 1440p card, especially one that will be good for years, you have little choice but to go for a 1080/2070/Vega and up.

buy it and report back, user
get a refund if chinked

lol its gone...lameeeeeeeeeee

> with a high refresh rate
I don't like sluts, especially among lolis.

>agonizingly look for a case I like
>it's out of stock even direct from manufacturer
always

pcpartpicker.com/list/r4NYq4

First timer. I lurked and spent a really long time putting this together, is this complete shit? Am I missing anything or is this good and this'll work?

For me it seems okay and I'd even say perfect provided you're building for the first time. If I were you I would
>Get Samsung SSD
>Get a seasonic PSU

Why x470 for 2600x?

If you want 3200mhz cl14 so badly
pcpartpicker.com/list/DNgrnH

I lurked forever and tried to take criticisms of other people's builds into account to get as far as I did.
Took your suggestion and changed out SSD and PSU to those brands. pcpartpicker.com/list/QdMMr6
I am a complete virgin when it comes to this, I'm not really quite sure what I'm doing. I'm sure it'll take me like 6 hours to put the thing together when it all comes in.
Thank you, you pushed me back under budget with that.

>meshify

Attached: 1526369169490.jpg (799x590, 104K)

Is x58 worth it for a poorfag?

3000 15cas or 3200 16cas for this build?

ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/qLFmJ8

I need some help with graphics card choice.
Bought a 570 8gb for 179.99 and you get DMC5 + RE2
But amazon have a 580 8gb for 182.99 but no mention of "free" games.
What is the best option here?

3200 cl14

>bad mobo
>chinkshit SSD
>3TB memegate
>blower Vega 64
>only 1 fan in the case
It's bad..

Doesn't matter but why the 2700X?

I've been lurking on this general for a bit as I want to take an opportunity of Black Friday to build a gayman pc [spoiler]this thinkpad can't play shit[/spoiler]. I threw a list together but I want to leave space open for cheaper alternatives once sales come. uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/metix/saved/F774qs

>CPU
Will this bottleneck me? I don't want to spend too much on a cpu that I wont fully. Buying Intel doesn't apeal to me and I want to avoid spending extra on a cooler.
>Motherboard
No clue what to get, not aiming for anything expensive, but I might need to overclock the cpu a little bit. 2 ram slots are fine, wont need more for quite awhile anyways. Any good models? Brands to avoid? Limitations I should be aware of?
>Storage
Never had an SSD before, but I heard that they fail more often than HDDs, which brand should I trust?
>GPU
Trusted manufacturers? This one is just to fill out a spot. I know I should go for 8gb tho.
>PSU
How much power will I really use? Is 450 enough, or are those wattage estimates inaccurate?
>Monitor
Going for 1080p75hz, is freesync a meme? Good IPS monitors around £100?
>Wi-Fi adapter
Can't be bothered to drag an ethernet cable all the way over to the bedroom in second floor. Any experiences with this adapter? Any recommendations? Every experience I've had with TP-Link was awful, and I can't imagine those antennae sticking out from the case will look good.

I'd apreciate any input, as I'd like to have as many good options as I can for friday, I know how smart you guys are.

Attached: Screenshot.png (966x712, 62K)

>I can't imagine those antennae sticking out from the case will look good.
Like you'll ever see them? There's also powerline ethernet but it has shit price/perf ratio compared to straight ethernet.

pcpartpicker.com/list/fYN2bX im looking to get something along the lines of this build for 1080p gaming and some streaming
How do you keep track of all the black friday deals? I can spend upwards to 1k euros so what parts should i improve on? in other words i have 120 euros to improve this build

Attached: hero.png (231x448, 38K)

>streaming
>2018

Attached: 1539538866758.jpg (1250x1250, 201K)

You can get an intel 9260 for cheaper, and it doesnt use up space, goes in an m.2 slot. get a 550w psu. ditch the spinning rust and get a 500gb ssd £50 for 500gb on amazon. get a minimum 24" IPS monitor.

its only for a few friends to play dnd together with visuals... not even on twitch
no bully

hay guys, I'm currently on a shitty Sony Vaiofrom like 2010, how expensive of a PC would I need to build if I don't care about playing Triple A games but I want to fuck around with Blender, Photoshop, FL studio, Godot/Unity/Unreal/Gamemaker/RPG maker/etc and try and make indie games?

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/zVzXWD
Want something like this for gaymen, photoshop and some VM stuff. Upgrading from an i5-2400, will be using the r9 380 for now and will be staying at 1080p. Can I save some money on PSU and ram? I chose cl14 ram but not sure if its worth it.

Either one?

2600x is a waste of money when 2600 exists
B-die is a meme
Case is shit
Change psu to 550w

PSU is too weak
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/6hHqQZ

>2600x is a waste of money when 2600 exists
Considering the extra price for a decent cooler I might as well go for 2600x.
Is B die still a meme once I get a more powerful GPU?
The case is cheap, small and doesnt look TOO gaymen. Any alternatives for the same price?

>ryzen 2600x is $180 on newegg

h-how can i justify an intel cpu now guys?

pcpartpicker.com/list/mHyHsZ

targeting 60-75 fps on 1440p, without looking to get best quality in new titles.

pcpartpicker tells me there is a compatibility problem with some b350 and ryzen...am i going to run into issues?
>Some AMD B350 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Pinnacle Ridge CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.

is the build allright? i will buy the 1070 used, would 400€ be good enough without warranty? do i need any kind of goysync and how do i tell if monitors have it?what should i look for when i go to his home? user told me he almost never used it and has a 1080.

Attached: firefox_2018-11-19_18-31-04.png (1025x591, 69K)

why you would pay extra for a strix is beyond me

for that price might as well go for a b450 motherboard

>Is B die still a meme once I get a more powerful GPU?
B-die is not a meme when you have a powerful GPU, that needs a powerful CPU to not bottleneck it, that needs powerful RAM to not bottleneck it. This for games.
Buying a shit GPU or mediocre CPU with b-die ram is foolish as you do see gains, but again the biggest performance impact will come from GPU>CPU>RAM.

I'll check out the intel 9260.
Now that you mention it, I don't really need that much space. I'd still like to know what SSDs to avoid [spoiler]I heard that Seagate is shit[/spoiler].
Thanks, I'll make sure to get a stronger one.

Fair enough. Theres Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16 GB 3200mhz kit for £135 instead, will that do?

Don't be a cheap nigger and get a good B450 mobo.
>do i need any kind of goysync
Recommended but not required.
>how do i tell if monitors have it?
Google it, Luigi.

Depends on your budget?

>If so, what kind of performance can we expect
40CUs and 25% higher performance per CU. That alone should put it a bit ahead of the 1070 without any architecture changes.
GDDR6 would put it further up, especially at 1440p and 4K. But it really might not be GDDR6 due to cost.
If NGG exists, that should put it at the level of 1080 or higher depending on resolution.

yeah man, it's an *investment*.
Buy goysync now and you're set for life. You'll be a millionaire and 10 years.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/r4NYq4
I don't know why you're being memed when it's a good build, though the B-die is really expensive and like the other user pointed out, you can save like 50 bux.
I guess you just get more kids and slavs here in the afternoon.

What shitty, ignorant advice.

Ask Amazon support if it comes with the games. I've heard conflicting shit on that.

Yes, 4 threads will bottleneck an RX580/1060 at times.
Some games just don't run well on 4 threads no matter what. It's just not enough CPU.
Yes, 450W from a decent PSU would be fine. Idk if I'd call CXM decent, though.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/fYN2bX
That is expensive for an RX580. And expensive for a 250Gb SSD.

Uh anywhere from like $450-$800 depending on how far you want to push the budget.

i am buying the GPU used for 400-350, i just slapped a random 1070 in the pcpartpicker to check out watt consumption.