DACs aren't a meme

why didn't anyone tell me?

>be me
>have shitty usb audio interface
>upgrade to better one
>sound is clearer, drums are punchier, stereo image is wider, speakers sound more full
>no little digital 'hiccups'
>instrument latency is instant

Attached: 1506337414177.png (409x409, 172K)

>instrument latency is instant
What did he mean by this?

DACs aren't a meme - expensive as hell DACs that sound the same as other DACs to most people are a meme

recording guitar duh

That's ADC then, not DAC.

it has a DAC as well

Attached: 1492794790818.jpg (618x597, 144K)

Whats a reasonable price? Any recommendations for a small desktop setup?

Not sure why anyone would need a separate DAC with a fairly recent motherboard if recording instruments isn't a concern.

Topping dx3 for dac+amp or topping d10+any good amp for separate.

Because not everyone is a 20 year old with networth of $500 l, like you. My headphones dont sound good out of mobo out and if you knew anything about audio you would understand why. Instead you make retarded posts on topics you dont understand like a typical zoomer.

i literally just said i'm recording instruments

motherboard audio is also shit compared to dedicated outboard gear

Keep having buyer's remorse moron. I bet you would fail to find differences at a blind test that's why are screeching like a toddler now.

line-in is a meme
m-audio 2 input external box is what i used until i got a usb dual tube preamp
pretty based

>Because not everyone is a 20 year old with networth of $500 l, like you
Nice telepathic abilities.

Any decent modern mobo has its audio circuitry and caps isolated from the rest of the board and has a built in amp.

It doesnt matter if I would be able to find it or not. Impprtant part is that its there.

Have you ever measured any mobo audio output? How many mobos do you know that have output impedance of 1 Ohm or less.

Get the fuck off this board, you tech illoterate moron zoomer. Go discuss nvidia vs amd with your /veddit/ friends.

My Fiio07k works great

>I love my cat! German Shepherds are the best!
>German Shepherds are dogs user
>I taped a cat to my dog, idiot!

>le strawman

My sides

what usb ai did you have and what did you get?

Electronic engineer here. Generally, if your motherboard uses enough decent caps, and that you are not using a shitty $10 PSU, the sound quality will be good enough for majority of people.

I literally only use a DAC because my integrated audio card picks up all kinds of noise, beeping etc. so thank you FIIO for cutting that shit out. now if only windows would recognize you after boot so I could stop having to unplug and plug back in every time

No. Since your headphones have a relatively high impedance, the output impedance of your op amp doesn't really matter unless you're using your 8-ohm speaker.

My mobo has optical out so I got a $30 fiio dac to output to my 2.1 desktop setup instead of the headphone jack of the computer. Night and fucking day difference.

Its a shame your studies did not teach you not to talk about topics you know nothing about.
I have significantly better audio shit than so called most people.

Most people use low impedance headphones, around 32ohm. Mine are 300ohm which will require around 37ohm output impedance max. Mobo outputs tend to be 2-3 times that.
Fuck off.

>illoterate

Attached: tenor (2).gif (300x266, 2.56M)

>le fallacy fallacy